As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Ao8HZPV.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I was watching The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (extended cut) with my stepdad the other day and after awhile he just paused it and turned to me. "Dan, I don't remember any of these scenes, are you sure we're watching the right movie?"

So I explained what extended cut meant.

And then annoyed him by humming all the musical cues when they turned up.

Also, if you ever listen to the dude listing all the crimes Tuco is being hanged for, it's hilarious.

I enjoy having The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on in the background while I work. Very atmospheric.

I feel similarly about Blade Runner and There Will Be Blood.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Done with 'rents dinner. @Apothe0sis re discourse, I may have overpromised. I think you already basically know what I think. Right now my three things are:

1) Glorious edict is essential. I've been around a couple other places where shit-flinging is par for course and it's utterly toxic and awful.

2) I have generalized wariness against decisions to place certain viewpoints out of bounds. Athens murdered Socrates etc etc

3) re the feminist discourse bit, I'm similarly wary about people who want to self-appoint as the czars of acceptable conversation, and similarly wary of the self-serving ways that people can use the new ethos to be jerks (I snark u, etc).

Also, this critique is difficult to make in public because it is absolutely imperative that 3 should not be taken as a disavowal of feminism. Smash the gender system.

In terms of how this relates to PA: PA strikes me as having a pretty healthy forum community. There are people who disagree with me about 2 and 3, but because of 1 we're typically able to have pretty civilized arguments about it. I would be a total hypocrite in holding 2 if I weren't also willing to have civilized arguments about it.

My least favorite thing is probably the propensity to lean into Lolpublicanism. I'm about as red as they come, but I still find typical lolpublican posting to generate more heat than light. But I can avoid that by largely skirting the active politics threads.

Also [chat] is wonderful and I <3 u all brosephs and brosephinas!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

MrMister on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Today's PA Comic is interesting!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Some people at 4chan are working on an entirely emoji based programming language. This is bubble sort
    9sJUILL.png
    God help us all.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

dad got buff

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    went to girl I like's birthday tonight

her bf was not there

she wants me to come over tomorrow

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

holy shit I like it

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Done with 'rents dinner. Apothe0sis re discourse, I may have overpromised. I think you already basically know what I think. Right now my two things are:

1) Glorious edict is essential. I've been around a couple other places where shit-flinging is par for course and it's utterly toxic and awful.

2) I have generalized wariness against decisions to place certain viewpoints out of bounds. Athens murdered Socrates etc etc

3) re the feminist discourse bit, I'm similarly wary about people who want to self-appoint as the czars of acceptable conversation, and similarly wary of the self-serving ways that people can use the new ethos to be jerks (I snark u, etc).

Also, this critique is difficult to make in public because it is absolutely imperative that 3 should not be taken as a disavowal of feminism. Smash the gender system.

In terms of how this relates to PA: PA strikes me as having a pretty healthy forum community. There are people who disagree with me about 2 and 3, but because of 1 we're typically able to have pretty civilized arguments about it. I would be a total hypocrite in holding 2 if I weren't also willing to have civilized arguments about it.

My least favorite thing is probably the propensity to lean into Lolpublicanism. I'm about as red as they come, but I still find typical lolpublican posting to generate more heat than light. But I can avoid that by largely skirting the active politics threads.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    It was as expected, this pleases me.

Are you using red as in repubplican or red as in communard in your least favorite thing though?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I was watching The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (extended cut) with my stepdad the other day and after awhile he just paused it and turned to me. "Dan, I don't remember any of these scenes, are you sure we're watching the right movie?"

Also, if you ever listen to the dude listing all the crimes Tuco is being hanged for, it's hilarious.

I enjoy having The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on in the background while I work. Very atmospheric.

I love how Leone took a cost cutting measure and turned it into a signature. All of that dialog cost money to redub. So have less dialog.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

her bf was not there

i suggest exercsing a squatter's rights based strategy

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    the fact that americanish flip the red/blue color meanings of liberal and conservative will never stop being confusing to me

it's like you guys and the fucking imperial measuring system

you gotta be fuckin different, don't you

• Options

her bf was not there

I feel porpents of a choice in your future

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

her bf was not there

sounds like an easy one

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This is an Abdhyius post waiting to happen

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Done with 'rents dinner. Apothe0sis re discourse, I may have overpromised. I think you already basically know what I think. Right now my two things are:

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    It was as expected, this pleases me.

Are you using red as in repubplican or red as in communard in your least favorite thing though?

... I'll never tell
    1187315f958ad22fd768c1fb7cbcec64.jpg

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    the fact that americanish flip the red/blue color meanings of liberal and conservative will never stop being confusing to me

I dunno the canaTories are playing pretty hard for the populist ground too

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    so i made up a 'final' budget

man

i'd be so, so, so comfortable if i didn't have to pay for health insurance and my student loans

*looks longingly at the rest of the first world*

• Options
    the UK Tories proclaiming themselves as the true worker's party/Labour muttering about white van men is a thing that is happening in TYOOL 2015

soooo

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    so i made up a 'final' budget

man

i'd be so, so, so comfortable if i didn't have to pay for health insurance and my student loans

*looks longingly at the rest of the first world*

Chu you are doing great and have come so far to get here

I am so proud of you

the proudest

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Red means Red dammit.

Unless the US scale is taking the idea that far enough to one side brings you all the way back around to the other side. So Democrats are blue and kinda right wing by everyone else's standards and the Republicans are so right wing they circle right around to be the USSR.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i hear all that but

can i go further pls

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I love how Leone took a cost cutting measure and turned it into a signature. All of that dialog cost money to redub. So have less dialog.

I love Ennio Morricone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPVH7rxl6So

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    i hear all that but

can i go further pls

you will

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

I didn't realize this started in 2000. What the hell, America, I always thought it was Reagan's fault somehow.

• Options
    Holy shit I just saw some of Calvin Harris' underwear modeling shots.

Tay sway you doin all right.

• Options
    Huh I just learned the term "white van men"

That is a thing that is rather strange from an American POV because most of our tradespeople drive trucks of various colors and they are not singled out as a particular annoyance on the roads.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

I think this is literally true.

If tomorrow America encountered a culture that was exactly the same as us we would instantly be the bitterest enemies.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I love Ennio Morricone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPVH7rxl6So

As all right thinking people do. He and Leone grew up together and there are few directors who got such perfectly fitting scores.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    few dollars more end is superior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Coinage wrote: »

I didn't realize this started in 2000. What the hell, America, I always thought it was Reagan's fault somehow.

Yeah, just an arbitrary choice the networks made and it stuck.

Edit: The really strange thing is, the phrase "blue-dog Democrat" pre-dates the 2000 election and uses the color blue to signify conservatism, like the rest of the world.

knitdan on
  • Options

He is p hot.

Also he appears to be hung.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I foolishly purchased a pitcher of beer after our first beer last night, forgetting that my date had driven, and then sucker for peer pressure that I am, drank a good bit of that pitcher
    Doh
    My stomach right now
    And shite sleep

poo
  • Options
    This is an Abdhyius post waiting to happen

if you mean me, Abdhy gives far too many fucks

behold the field where I keep mine

it is barren

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    It will never last though.

In the end he will just be another chart-topping break up song.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

her bf was not there

sounds like an easy one
    Bogart wrote: »
    Red means Red dammit.

Unless the US scale is taking the idea that far enough to one side brings you all the way back around to the other side. So Democrats are blue and kinda right wing by everyone else's standards and the Republicans are so right wing they circle right around to be the USSR.

Yeah I feel the same way

red means those people who are so associated with the colour that their symbols are just plain red flags

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    If I had my way, chat would be endless streams of hot guy pics

it is a beautiful dream...

• Options
    It will never last though.

In the end he will just be another chart-topping break up song.

I'm not into her music but this is my favorite part about her

she is the female George Clooney

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

He is p hot.

Also he appears to be hung.

It's funny, because he was definitely not super hot in 2007. Then he went into a cocoon and came out a fuckable butterfly.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I hope the plot is somewhat more concrete than the usual PA story comic strategy of "be vague and then end."

I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.