Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

anime [chat]

2456774

Posts

  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    In the Avengers movie the 'male gaze' is definitely still there, and sort of tedious. It's not as bad as Michael Bay, but it's so obvious when Cap leaves a room the shot is his shoulders and head, and when Black Widow leaves the room it's a full body shot with the camera at ass height.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    cB557RMS OceanicronyaQuidKid Presentablejakobaggershryke
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic regular Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    If there is a chat coup, I have the perfect OP to stabilise the regime, but I can't post it until I get home.
    a coup? a thousand years p10 forever

    Did you pay off the Praetorian Mods? They don't like getting stiffed.

  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable regular Registered User regular
    What is tsundere, I only know that it's an anime thing. What chatters qualify?

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Steven Universe is the best anime.

  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    Archer is pretty good anime as well.

    RMS OceanicQuidNecoTransporterDark Raven XRchanen
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic regular Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Steven Universe is the best anime.

    I saw my first full episode yesterday. It had Chrono Trigger and Usagi Yojimbo and DBZ references and this was shiny chrome.

  • EchoEcho mod Moderator mod
    edited June 2015
    P10 wrote: »
    If there is a chat coup, I have the perfect OP to stabilise the regime, but I can't post it until I get home.
    a coup? a thousand years p10 forever

    Did you pay off the Praetorian Mods? They don't like getting stiffed.

    wZZswf0.jpg

    Echo on
    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    cB557RMS OceanicQuidTransporter
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic regular Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    If there is a chat coup, I have the perfect OP to stabilise the regime, but I can't post it until I get home.
    a coup? a thousand years p10 forever

    Did you pay off the Praetorian Mods? They don't like getting stiffed.

    wZZswf0.jpg

    The anime is on this damp rag that smells funny.

  • kedinikkedinik regular Registered User regular
    So tsundere, Echo.

  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    What is tsundere, I only know that it's an anime thing. What chatters qualify?
    It's an anime trope for characters who are mean and standoffish but secretly love the main character "it's not like I like you, or anything, baka!"

    Tide goes in. Tide goes out.
    Es-annon NEVA 4GET
    Kid Presentable
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable regular Registered User regular
    Wow, WB has suspended sales of Arkham Knight on PC. That's a pretty severe step, I hope some hard lessons have been learned here.

    PC gaming, so tsundere.

  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Wow, WB has suspended sales of Arkham Knight on PC. That's a pretty severe step, I hope some hard lessons have been learned here.

    PC gaming, so tsundere.

    sounds like I dodged a bullet there.

    Kid PresentableGonmun
  • EchoEcho mod Moderator mod
    Re: Transformers 4, this is way more entertaining to watch than the actual movie.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    cB557QuidRMS OceanicHounEtiowsa
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable regular Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Wow, WB has suspended sales of Arkham Knight on PC. That's a pretty severe step, I hope some hard lessons have been learned here.

    PC gaming, so tsundere.

    sounds like I dodged a bullet there.

    You definitely did, although Steam sure picked a consumer-friendly time to implement their new refund system. I imagine that has played a huge part in WB's decision to take the game off 'shelves', to the extent that I imagine they'd be perfectly content to keep selling their garbage while they try to fix it if people didn't now have a way to get their money back.

  • BethrynBethryn regular Registered User regular
    Honeypot [chat].

    kedinik
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Re: Transformers 4, this is way more entertaining to watch than the actual movie.


    I love their stuff for every bad movie.

    When they do decent to good movies it's alright and occasionally funny. But they're at their best when getting genuinely angry at having to watch something.

  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    my pack of marlboro red's say

    "Respect the Land!"

    and

    "Get back to the land!"

    I'm wondering what they're trying to say here.

  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme regular Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Re: Transformers 4, this is way more entertaining to watch than the actual movie.


    I love their stuff for every bad movie.

    When they do decent to good movies it's alright and occasionally funny. But they're at their best when getting genuinely angry at having to watch something.

    I don't know. It's fun watching them be pedantic while obviously really enjoying a film.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So this is partially from the conversation from last night and the twitter verse and Hillary and people having to know every hashtag ever and Bernie Sanders being awesome.

    Bernie Sander's Interview with NPR

    You have to listen, the written story is kind of stupid. But I heard this coming into work or at least most of it.

    Hist scoff at the interviewers obsession with phraseology was fantastic. And the fact he instead focuses on the high unemployment and incarceration rates of African Americans instead was also great.

    <3 you Bernie

    Oh @ the Bernie fans and non-fans

    @spool32 @AManFromEarth @Ronya (Socialism!)

    03x29di.png
    AManFromEarthShazkar Shadowstorm
  • TavTav regular Registered User regular
    hello friends

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic regular Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What is tsundere, I only know that it's an anime thing. What chatters qualify?
    It's an anime trope for characters who are mean and standoffish but secretly love the main character "it's not like I like you, or anything, baka!"

    Think Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold.

  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So this is partially from the conversation from last night and the twitter verse and Hillary and people having to know every hashtag ever and Bernie Sanders being awesome.

    Bernie Sander's Interview with NPR

    You have to listen, the written story is kind of stupid. But I heard this coming into work or at least most of it.

    Hist scoff at the interviewers obsession with phraseology was fantastic. And the fact he instead focuses on the high unemployment and incarceration rates of African Americans instead was also great.

    <3 you Bernie

    Oh @ the Bernie fans and non-fans

    @spool32 @AManFromEarth @Ronya (Socialism!)
    "Let me add to that, I think that urban America has got to respect what rural America is about, where 99 percent of the people in my state who hunt are law abiding people."

    No Bernie.

    Because 99% of the people in your state is like not even fucking half of the population of NYC.

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic regular Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Re: Transformers 4, this is way more entertaining to watch than the actual movie.


    I love their stuff for every bad movie.

    When they do decent to good movies it's alright and occasionally funny. But they're at their best when getting genuinely angry at having to watch something.

    Their single best sin of recent tines is the idiocy of drivers in Taken 3 continuing to crash into cars at full speed even through it should be obvious there is an incident up ahead.

  • TavTav regular Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What is tsundere, I only know that it's an anime thing. What chatters qualify?
    It's an anime trope for characters who are mean and standoffish but secretly love the main character "it's not like I like you, or anything, baka!"

    Think Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold.
    don't you weeb up Hey Arnold

  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    "I think the people of Vermont and I have understood for many years that what guns are about in Vermont are not what guns are about in Chicago, Los Angeles or New York, where they're used not for hunting or target practice but to kill people," Sanders said. "I think, interestingly enough, I'm in a very good position representing a rural state to bring forth common-sense legislation regarding guns."

    Each one of those cities has a population -at least- twice the size of the entire population of the state of Vermont squished into a space smaller than the state of Vermont.

    I wonder what'd happen if you stuck the entire population of Vermont into a city, with their guns.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So this is partially from the conversation from last night and the twitter verse and Hillary and people having to know every hashtag ever and Bernie Sanders being awesome.

    Bernie Sander's Interview with NPR

    You have to listen, the written story is kind of stupid. But I heard this coming into work or at least most of it.

    Hist scoff at the interviewers obsession with phraseology was fantastic. And the fact he instead focuses on the high unemployment and incarceration rates of African Americans instead was also great.

    <3 you Bernie

    Oh @ the Bernie fans and non-fans

    spool32 AManFromEarth Ronya (Socialism!)
    "Let me add to that, I think that urban America has got to respect what rural America is about, where 99 percent of the people in my state who hunt are law abiding people."

    No Bernie.

    Because 99% of the people in your state is like not even fucking half of the population of NYC.

    Ahh why I said the story was rubbish but the interview at the top is worth listening to.

    Since if you listen to it he talks about he is still for basically a ton of gun controls including stuff like same day background checks and basically an entire list of controls which they didn't actually put into the story.
    "I think the people of Vermont and I have understood for many years that what guns are about in Vermont are not what guns are about in Chicago, Los Angeles or New York, where they're used not for hunting or target practice but to kill people," Sanders said. "I think, interestingly enough, I'm in a very good position representing a rural state to bring forth common-sense legislation regarding guns."

    I think this is the important aspect of that.

    03x29di.png
    AManFromEarth
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    YouTube doesn't work on these work PCs so I can't link it but the Auralnauts transformers 4 video is pretty good.
    Not as good as the Jedi Party Saga or Bane but still pretty excellent.

    It also has one of the most baffling CGI/Real stunt slowmo shot in history, where Optimus Prime catches people out of a carcrash, and then smacks one of them right into the side of an exploding truck on an overpass. They come out at the other end just fine apparently.

    The only way I can see this happening is that 'on-budget Bay' did the stunts and the CGI simultaniously, and when they overlapped them it had this horrible skullcrushing, and he said 'fuck it, good enough, I am not paying to change this'

    But to then put in your movie in slo-mo is pretty amazing.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable regular Registered User regular
    Yeah I have a hard time respecting the "some people like to hunt and shoot targets" defense of opposing gun control. That's the only part of the interview I heard this morning, unfortunately, will probably listen to the rest later.

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic regular Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What is tsundere, I only know that it's an anime thing. What chatters qualify?
    It's an anime trope for characters who are mean and standoffish but secretly love the main character "it's not like I like you, or anything, baka!"

    Think Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold.
    don't you weeb up Hey Arnold

    If anything tsundere should be called Patakish.

    I'm westaboo-ing anime.

  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable regular Registered User regular
    Just read some of your clarifying quotes Mazzy, I didn't catch that part. That does at least provide context and shows he recognizes the nuance.

  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So this is partially from the conversation from last night and the twitter verse and Hillary and people having to know every hashtag ever and Bernie Sanders being awesome.

    Bernie Sander's Interview with NPR

    You have to listen, the written story is kind of stupid. But I heard this coming into work or at least most of it.

    Hist scoff at the interviewers obsession with phraseology was fantastic. And the fact he instead focuses on the high unemployment and incarceration rates of African Americans instead was also great.

    <3 you Bernie

    Oh @ the Bernie fans and non-fans

    spool32 AManFromEarth Ronya (Socialism!)
    "Let me add to that, I think that urban America has got to respect what rural America is about, where 99 percent of the people in my state who hunt are law abiding people."

    No Bernie.

    Because 99% of the people in your state is like not even fucking half of the population of NYC.

    Ahh why I said the story was rubbish but the interview at the top is worth listening to.

    Since if you listen to it he talks about he is still for basically a ton of gun controls including stuff like same day background checks and basically an entire list of controls which they didn't actually put into the story.
    "I think the people of Vermont and I have understood for many years that what guns are about in Vermont are not what guns are about in Chicago, Los Angeles or New York, where they're used not for hunting or target practice but to kill people," Sanders said. "I think, interestingly enough, I'm in a very good position representing a rural state to bring forth common-sense legislation regarding guns."

    I think this is the important aspect of that.

    He's in a very good position to get everything completely wrong. Vermont is -not- representative of any segment of the entirety of America except maybe the

    "White, male, upper middle class"

    segment.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Re: Transformers 4, this is way more entertaining to watch than the actual movie.

    I'll see your Cinema Sins and raise you an Auralnauts.

    ikzpt6vtahzi.png
    SanderJK
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Re: Transformers 4, this is way more entertaining to watch than the actual movie.


    I love their stuff for every bad movie.

    When they do decent to good movies it's alright and occasionally funny. But they're at their best when getting genuinely angry at having to watch something.

    I don't know. It's fun watching them be pedantic while obviously really enjoying a film.

    Oh its definitely fun.

    But their videos about movies on the level of Lucy are the best.

  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable regular Registered User regular
    But I mean, there are rural parts of every state full of people who like to hunt and shoot targets. If that's the only thing you need to justify no gun control (Bernie said there was none in Vermont and didn't sound interested in adding any, at least in Vermont) then we're never going to get it anywhere.

  • kedinikkedinik regular Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Re: Transformers 4, this is way more entertaining to watch than the actual movie.

    I'll see your Cinema Sins and raise you an Auralnauts.


    Those John Cena walkouts.

    cB557
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius regular Registered User regular
    We have gun control of the kind that you can get a gun if you're going to use it to hunt or shoot targets and you're not a nutjob

    ftOqU21.png
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    But I mean, there are rural parts of every state full of people who like to hunt and shoot targets. If that's the only thing you need to justify no gun control (Bernie said there was none in Vermont and didn't sound interested in adding any, at least in Vermont) then we're never going to get it anywhere.

    I dislike how for his example he uses the three biggest/most well known cities in America. Like, at least compare -states- Bernie. Don't just name drop Chicago and go "see, see! We're not like -Chicago-"

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think he was talking about differences in culture towards guns between the rural and urban areas. Which are very different.

    Also he goes on and lists what he does want to do for gun control. I mean this man has an average rating from the NRA of an F or a D.

    And guess what? The stuff he wants to do are very much the same things you hear from most Dems including Obama. Tighten restrictions on guns. Increase the background checks. Get rid of whatever is left of the gun show loop hole. Increase care for mental illness while finding ways to restrict folks with mental illness from getting guns. Even mentioned the assault weapon ban which I won't get into the word stuff.

    So guess what? He isn't that different from most folks unless you are looking for absolute and total banning of firearms which will not happen no matter who you vote for.

    03x29di.png
    AManFromEarthShazkar Shadowstorm
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    "guns for rural people, but not for urban self defense" is basically ruled out by Heller, is it not

    it's a compromise position that is also very 1990s

    aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.