As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 8th Annual Pre-PAX Pubcrawl... Formerly known as the TRI-WIZARD DRINKING TOURNAMENT

• Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    Signed up for Interceptors with my crew. If everything comes together, I'm going to be cosplaying Capable. Anyone else planning on doing Wives? or Nux?

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
    PunkJrTOGSolidSteel FireLoonyEclipsethegh0st
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    HEY IMPERATORS!!

If for any reason you'd like to change your team name (like the Peacemakers did,) or changing up the titles of any of your leadership roles, just give me a shout!! It's just a click or two away!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    Crispy262
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    If you are a member of The Valiant please join our Headquarters group! We are also looking for volunteers for Quidditch Capitan and Prefect.

• NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Welllllllll I'm in. I like these theme way better. Bye bye Ravenclaw one last CAW CAW!
    War!!

Nullthread on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Total Tickets Left
    The Bullet Club - 41 Tickets
    The Valiant - Sold Out
    The Interceptors - Sold Out
    The Big Boppas - 43 Tickets
    The Nightriders - Sold Out
    The Broken Wands - 43 Tickets
    The War Riggers - 5 Tickets
    The Gigahorse Jockeys - 7 Tickets

wWuzwvJ.png
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Signed up for Interceptors with my crew. If everything comes together, I'm going to be cosplaying Capable. Anyone else planning on doing Wives? or Nux?

I was debating Nux, but decided against running around shirtless and painted white (and the fact I don't nearly have his physique) . I'll probably smulch up some of my paintball gear and add some patches to at least approximate post-apoc.

Also- is there a way to add membership to the interceptors page (ie: the 'join group' option), it's cool to know who our wing-folks will be.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    SutibunRi
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I'm doing a war boy for Gigahorse. Should be interesting!

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    It feels like tickets are taking longer then the last few years to sell out. Is this just me?

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    valdor wrote: »
    It feels like tickets are taking longer then the last few years to sell out. Is this just me?

They are, but the crawl's gone up WAY earlier than usual.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    valdor wrote: »

They are, but the crawl's gone up WAY earlier than usual.
    This, plus there's going to be some turnover in participants due to the theme change.

Westrunner
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I really love that there's a new theme, and I hope it raises tons of money. I don't think I'll be arriving in seattle early enough to make the crawl this year, so I won't be attempting to be leadership on a team. It's good to get some new blood in there anyhow.

Crispy262Steel Fire
    Hm. I've come to a conclusion- I have a black BDU shirt which I've used for paintball and will do beautifully...the issue being, me being me (and thus being anal retentive about preserving clothes) it's far too pristine. I need to weather it up. Suggestions?

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hm. I've come to a conclusion- I have a black BDU shirt which I've used for paintball and will do beautifully...the issue being, me being me (and thus being anal retentive about preserving clothes) it's far too pristine. I need to weather it up.

Rub it on pavement, tie it in knots, wash it with hot water, rub sandpaper on it, maybe leave it out in the sun for a couple days. Stain it with coffee or tea. Drive over it with your car.
    If you don't want to damage it, get some artist chalks, in brown and stuff, crush them into powder and rub the powder into the shirt. Then probably beat the excess dust out of the shirt so you're not leaving chalk powder everywhere.
    Basically just beat the hell out of it to actually weather it.

edited July 2015
    Trust me, I wear it for PAINTBALL (well, wore). If I was worried about damaging it, I wouldn't do any such thing- I fully plan to chop the sleeves down and sew some patchwork repairs onto it using an old t-shirt for patch source material.

I was planning to leave it hanging out of my apartment for a week or so, preferably one with a mix of rain and sun forecast as well as punt it around my apartment quite a bit- a tea bath's not a bad idea, nor is the chalk one---I might do that before hanging it outside. Oh, and definitely drag it through the sand at the park by my parent's place.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I wanted to add, dear War Riggers: I am an experienced seamstress and want to make a faction banner. If you live in the Seattle area and want to help, pitch in, let me know!

Edit: fuck I sound like a grandma. I am not a grandma.

Nullthread on
    industrialgirl
  • grandmaesterzarkgrandmaesterzark Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I am going to volunteer for the Gigahorse Jockey's Road Captain spot to help out the crew. Let me know if you need any other info from me to fill the spot.

SrYRCjk.png

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    GrandMaesterZark is Witnessed!

Road Captain status confirmed for the gigahorse Jockeys!

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    Hm. I've come to a conclusion- I have a black BDU shirt which I've used for paintball and will do beautifully...the issue being, me being me (and thus being anal retentive about preserving clothes) it's far too pristine. I need to weather it up. Suggestions?

A friend of mine has been having great success dragging things behind his motorcycle through a gravel lot.

wWuzwvJ.png
    WARBOYS, REMEMBER!!

Do not come topless. *laugh* Wear a tank top or a t-shirt that is covered in "tattoos" or "scars", but don't show up without a shirt. ;)

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Crispy262TOGSolidLoonyEclipse
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    Trust me, I wear it for PAINTBALL (well, wore). If I was worried about damaging it, I wouldn't do any such thing- I fully plan to chop the sleeves down and sew some patchwork repairs onto it using an old t-shirt for patch source material.

I was planning to leave it hanging out of my apartment for a week or so, preferably one with a mix of rain and sun forecast as well as punt it around my apartment quite a bit- a tea bath's not a bad idea, nor is the chalk one---I might do that before hanging it outside. Oh, and definitely drag it through the sand at the park by my parent's place.
    From the wasteland weekend link in the OP I stumbled onto this guy: http://nuclearsnailstudios.deviantart.com/

From what I saw on Wasteland Weekend, the dude seems pretty highly regarded and his stuff does look good. I haven't watched any of his You Tube vids on making and weathering stuff yet, but I will. I'm hoping for some things that don't involve dragging stuff around outside... something I would totally love to do... unfortunately I live in an apartment.

edited July 2015
    If you are the type who loves awesome t-shirts, TeeFury just posted THIS COLLECTION!! Check it out! (Until next Thursday 7/9)

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    bubblegumnexindustrialgirl
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    I neither know nor care about Mad Max in the least so I'm just sticking with my time-tested Head of House. :)

TOGSolidLoonyEclipseWestrunner
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    You miss one tournament, one, and the whole world goes post-apocalyptic.

Alright, Valiant - let's rebuild drunken wizard civilization.

WestrunnerTOGSolidskitterbugfreckle
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    PunkJr wrote: »
    If you are the type who loves awesome t-shirts, TeeFury just posted THIS COLLECTION!! Check it out! (Until next Thursday 7/9)

I need this in my life.

EDIT: I also /might/ have written some Interceptors fanfiction https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XmR8YSiWuAKNGLL12AHw1eWSJ7uG_fQWcGhCBjxJNqQ/edit?usp=sharing

It's a bit rough and disjointed. I had a better idea but foolishly, did not write it down before I napped. Such is life.

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
    TOGSolidSteel Fire
  • BeighBeigh Bloomington, ILRegistered User regular
    Here I thought I was just going to get drunk with forumers and talk games and wear an NXT shirt, and now there's fanfiction and I think maybe I'm in too deep

CVpdlHm.png76561197996811040.png
    Interceptors, the Facebook page is a bit wonky, if you click the "Posts to Page >" bar on the left, you will see the pictures people have posted, rather than just the accompanying text.

edited July 2015
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Interceptors, the Facebook page is a bit wonky, if you click the "Posts to Page >" bar on the left, you will see the pictures people have posted, rather than just the accompanying text.
    Huh, it seems to work ok on my end. I'm getting pictures and text.

I need this in my life.

EDIT: I also /might/ have written some Interceptors fanfiction https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XmR8YSiWuAKNGLL12AHw1eWSJ7uG_fQWcGhCBjxJNqQ/edit?usp=sharing

It's a bit rough and disjointed. I had a better idea but foolishly, did not write it down before I napped. Such is life.
    SO SHINY, SO CHROME
    WARBOYS, REMEMBER!!

Do not come topless. *laugh* Wear a tank top or a t-shirt that is covered in "tattoos" or "scars", but don't show up without a shirt. ;)

Doing up a thin, tight fitting shirt with the scarring design works pretty well!
    tumblr_nqlp2eGHD01qkfmlfo1_500.jpg

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    bubblegumnex
  • angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    Anyone else in the war riggers? I just signed up for that.

• bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I'm starting to plan my costume for this. Some parts are going to require a 3D printer.

Guys. I am so excited.

I also feel that this is required viewing for everybody on this crawl.

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
    YoungFreyTOGSolidSteel FireSutibunRi
  • angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    Hate to ask but where is this going to be at?

• danirudaniru Registered User new member
    We'll have the bar routes up soon-ish. I still need to walk the route, talk to the bars, make sure we're in the clear again this year.

The plan is to use MOST of the same bars as last year, we may have a few changes, now that there are a few bigger places open along the crawl route.

They are still planning.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I'm starting to plan my costume for this. Some parts are going to require a 3D printer.

Guys. I am so excited.

That episode is my favorite.

bubblegumnex

Guys. I am so excited.

MegaTruck!

Alazull
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular

Last year the bars were Unicorn, Barça, Auto Battery, Linda's and 1 or 2 others I'm forgetting. All are in Capitol Hill in about a 6 block radius, and I imagine it'll stay in that area this year.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    TOGSolid
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, I was gonna see if I could warboss it up with the War-Rigger,s but they're all filled up.

Guess it's time for El Maestro to mask up and join the Bullet Club
    I also may or may not drunkenly shout "WHO RUN BARTERTOWN!" at some point(s) during the evening

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Crispy262bubblegumnexTOGSolidThe_Reflection
    If someone does not show up as El Generico in the Bullet Club, I will be disappoint.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
    MatevbubblegumnexRidleyDragonThe_Reflection
  • faroffpugfaroffpug Registered User regular
    WE ARE WAR BOYS
    Joined the Bullet Club I'm so ready to make an intense outfit for this

Bullet Club Head Girl 2015
    Slytherin OotP Head of House 2016
    3 years at PAX West
    Overwatch trash meme
    Matevbubblegumnex
    faroffpug wrote: »
    WE ARE WAR BOYS

I'm trying to figure out how to translate wrestling moves into cocktails already.

Hail Hydra
    faroffpugTOGSolid
    Matev wrote: »
    WE ARE WAR BOYS

I'm trying to figure out how to translate wrestling moves into cocktails already.

RKO - Rum, Kahlua, Orange Liqueur (I have no idea what this tastes like but it doesn't sound awful). Put it in a flask and throw it at people while screaming RKO OUTTA NOWHERE.

wWuzwvJ.png
    Crispy262
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    WE ARE WAR BOYS

RKO - Rum, Kahlua, Orange Liqueur (I have no idea what this tastes like but it doesn't sound awful). Put it in a flask and throw it at people while screaming RKO OUTTA NOWHERE.

Might actually work. I've already worked out my own signature move. I'm more than happy to put my boozeomancy skills to my fellow luchadores' use.

My dilemma is more like, what's a clothesline like as a drink? Or a spinebuster?

Hail Hydra
This discussion has been closed.