As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Very Common [4th Of July] Thread

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    why does he talk so fast.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Javen is working

All plans sound lame

Might go get some beers and burgers with a work friend and then come home and keep Lando company while fireworks go off

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I love that the canada thread was just chatting and this is full of overblown pictures and youtubes.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I love that the canada thread was just chatting and this is full of overblown pictures and youtubes.

being boisterous to the point of self parody is kind of our jam

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Dammit @Fearghaill, I was waiting for tomorrow to unload this gem.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Well, just post it again

Nothing says "America" like history repeating itself

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    11659448_834560363295550_2989975589516790255_n.jpg?oh=0383043338a9fd6e8c91dbc26f97af5d&oe=5611E35B
    People don't realize how big America really is.

uc3ufTB.png
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Went to the zoo today since work gave my husband and myself today off.
    I.. I think everybody in the tri-state area went to the zoo today.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Making double time and a half tomorrow

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Tynic I feel you don't understand my need to blow up a part of my country.

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular

I recall numerous youtubes in that thread.

tKfL2Yd.png?1

being boisterous to the point of self parody is kind of our jam

One of the things I love about America is that no matter to what point we parody ourselves, there is someone somewhere out there who wholeheartedly, 100% believes in that vision

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    we actually had a pretty solid week leading up to this year's independence day so it feels maybe a little less ironic!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I spend a few hours today cleaning my musket for this weekends big Independence Day reenactment. We do it at Fort Atkinson state park and recreate the celebration from 1820. Luckily there was a newspaper reporter present who had come up from St Louis who meticulously records the event and the 50 something toasts. It was the first organized Fourth of July celebration west of the Missouri River. (Lewis and Clark celebrated earlier but is was very simple)

Besides the drinks, there is also a salute to the 23 states in the union. Volleys are fired from the infantry regiment, rifle regiment, and artilery company. We alternate firing. Cannon, infantry, rifles, infantry, rifles, cannon. This gives the artilery enough time to safely reload the two 6 pounder field cannons. It also only gives us flintlock people about fifteen seconds to reload. So it ends up being a pretty brisk time for all.

There is always a really huge crowd of visitors watching.

Also someone reads the entire Declaration of Independence as was done at the time. Let me tell you, that thing is seemly endless when standing in very hot sun wearing several layers of wool and a big black leather hat on.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    :pop: :crackle: :pop: :crackle: :pop:
    :pop: :crackle: :pop:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

@DaMoonRulz, how does it feel to know that America has walked all over your face several times?

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

it's what he does

also if he didn't the video would be like an hour and a half

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

it's what he does

I could just watch the movie!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

it's what he does

I could just watch the movie!

the movie is two and a half hours long

somehow

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    @DaMoonRulz, how does it feel to know that America has walked all over your face several times?

20-087.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Watching certain videos posted, I ask myself seriously, why isn't "America, Fuck Yeah!" the USA National Sports fight song/chant for any and every World Sports competition? It is literally perfect for that.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
    You should be honored!

We saw your beauty and claimed it as our own! This day is as much yours as it is ours

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I spent my
    4th of July like any good Expat American.

I went shopping.

and now i'm eating chips.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Oh, c'mon you might as well play the whole song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I can't tell if I ironically or unironically love that song.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I bought a glowstick at walmart because I don't have fireworks.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I had to dodge 3 deer and a raccoon on the way home tonight

Its only a ten minute drive

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I bought a glowstick at walmart because I don't have fireworks.

https://youtu.be/E6pP0YO8KGQ

BLM - ACAB
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Hmm...
    Zonugal wrote:
    Well...

Looks like my roommate's girlfriend backed up into my parked car.

All while, as a responsible & patriotic citizen, I was drinking Jack Daniels and watching the Patriot.

What daft irony is this!?!?

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    After a day of moving, I am now ready to do my duty as an American tomorrow and get roaring drunk.

Nothing. Matters.
    edited July 2015
    Working 4:30pm to midnight on the 4th. Gonna miss the the fireworks, but that's ok. They usually play havoc with my ptsd anyway. Today was my celebration, watching the Sounders beat D.C. with Cascadia colors flying.

Weaver on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am working the night shift 4 days in a row and am gonna watch a live wrestling special at 4:30 AM and be paid to do it so I am THE MOST AMERICAN

CYpGAPn.png
    5YHFUbx.jpg