Options

A Very Common [4th Of July] Thread

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    tynic wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »
    I MAKE FIREWORKS

I LOVE EXPLOSIONS
    how many times do I have to ask you to shut the bathroom door??

The fundamental flaw with your request is the assumption that there's any bathroom door LEFT

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Haven't heard any fireworks today. Usually people are setting them off all day.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Still not cool, didge

The cops will give that thing a pass but if they're dong it past like midnight call someone

You're dong past midnight.

Like a dong gremlin.

You know it, girl

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I had bbq chicken, banana pudding, and almost set my sister's dog on fire by accident.

Today was a good day.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Well, I had a pleasant evening with one of my older brothers and the rest of my family, hanging out by the ohio river.
    My sister was starting to have a panic attack over the crowds so we missed the fireworks, but overall it was a good time.

I hope ya'll have a pleasant weekend too!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I've drank some beers and eaten some hit dogs, so I think I'm doing alright this 4th. I'm at my girlfriend's place right now, and the neighbor across the street spent $3k on fireworks this year. It's quite a show!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I watched some fireworks!

tumblr_nqztu1NkRf1qj9s09o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nqztu1NkRf1qj9s09o2_540.jpg

I got rained on!

tumblr_nqztu1NkRf1qj9s09o3_540.jpg

It was fun!

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2015
    I'm gonna get in my pool and float for an hour until dark then climb up on the roof and watch shit explode for a bit

Knob on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Only one kid is whining about being tired. SUCCESS!

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    It's almost 11:30. My asshole neighbors need to stop lighting fireworks so I can walk my fucking dog

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    I MAKE FIREWORKS

I LOVE EXPLOSIONS

I feel like you're one of my number one people here to theoretically spend this holiday with

I feel like you would have everything covered

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My neighborhood sets off crazy amounts of fireworks. Some pretty potent stuff, too. From rooftops and from alleys and temporarily blocking off streets to do so.

It's pretty fun, but there's never a great sense of where it's all coming from, or who is doing it, or when it begins and ends. Which isn't really a problem, but can be confusing at times.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Weather was basically perfect today. Had a good picnic, then a cool down in the A/C, and then went off to see some fireworks. My dog is old enough to where she can't really hear fireworks, but she never really gave a fuck about those ever anyways, which was nice. They had a band out there playing in a bandstand right on the river that played mostly cover songs (like...they went from Thrift Shop to Billie Jean to Uptown Funk???) and then it took like, an hour to make it through traffic to get back home, but it was cool.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think people have stopped. Yay.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Had to work most if the day today. Got off work and got some tacos from a truck w/ the inlaws. It's 9:30 here and I figure I've missed the big firework shows so I'm getting roaring drunk on wines and beers

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    alright it's about time for the big fireworks show here, sky is finally dark on the west coast

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    had pulled pork and potato salad. big dumb tree was in the way. guess we're too far from the high school or whatever.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It's nearly midnight here and they are still going off multiple times a minute.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

round me people start the fireworks a week prior and don't stop until a week and a half after.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    spent the day with my family

we played a bunch of fibbage, quiplash, and mario party 10

• Options
    Also I made it home safe from running my buddy home from work.

Their neighbors had a few mortars left so we watched them then I picked up some beer for them and headed home.

It was good times.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I live a mile away from the big college campus so I just had to sit down on my front porch and I got a great fireworks show

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    My buddy works at walmart and across the street from the parking lot there is a Key Bank branch and some dudes were setting off fireworks right next to it.

That seemed ill advised, I'm not sure I'd take anything explosive that close to a bank ever.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I survived today's reenactment! I am not even tired in the slightest so I guess my exercise has been working!

Also my musket did not miss fire once, which is a personal best!

We salute you sir!
    AXqfxL5.jpg

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    I'm drunk and therefore MERICA

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Tonight I went out and drank a beer made to the original recipe of one THOMAS JEFFERSON
    It did taste of FREEDOM and BROTHERHOOD and A NOTABLE LACK OF THE CROWN'S INFLUENCE

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    today I ate lots of delicious food and wore a captain america mask and drank alcohols and played smash bros

now for sleeps, happy fourthday usa

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

round me people start the fireworks a week prior and don't stop until a week and a half after.

Oh I just meant for the evening. They've been pretty much doing that.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'm gonna host some quiplash if anybody wants in!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Watched fireworks and picniced with my mom and her girlfriend.

Was fun.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I took some photos of the fireworks show in downtown San Jose last night. A few of my favorites:

20150705081040-00f2d472-xl.jpg

20150705081019-384b1695-xl.jpg

20150705080936-a4fd14bf-xl.jpg

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Let me recount my 4th of July for all far & near.

I awoke and, as mentioned, had a beer in the shower followed up by some eggs, toast & waffles in accompaniment of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I did this till the rest of my improv' comedy troupe arrived at my place. We had been invited to a wedding of a lady who worked a murder mystery show we'd done for an elderly organization, the Fraternal Order of Eagles. So we load up into a car and head to it. We figure as long as there is free liquor it'll be a solid excursion.

We were wrong, we were so wrong.

We arrived at the destination, which was someone's home in the boonies. We parked our car and as we made our way in it became very obvious, short of those actively in the wedding, we were dressed the most formal. The amount of camo-shorts & sports jerseys outnumbered buttoned shirts. So we get to the backyard and observe the ceremony structure. They have transformed the back deck as best they could and have installed a backdrop for the wedding. The backdrop is an American flag but with 15 stripes & 38 stars. We chat with some of the eagles as we wait for the ceremony to begin.

And it starts and it is somewhat nice in its family-focused casual nature, until one of the bridesmaids near collapses. They sit her down and someone rushes to get her a bottle of water. She's deep into her pregnancy and they thought they'd just plop her in the 94 degree heat with little preparation.

The ceremony continues.

After its all done we take a look at our offerings. There is a kiddy pool filled with ice, housing what had to be ten to twelve different buckets of potato salad. Inside it is the only alcohol, a keg of Anheuser-Busch, which almost makes half my improv' troupe start screaming.

So I start drinking as much of that keg as I can while we bump around talking with wedding guests.

At one point we start observing this teenager... He.... He would almost leap from point to point like Gollum. He was wearing jorts and resembled Sid from Toy Story. He would hunker down near a bucket of cold soda cans and start biting into them, chewing on them.

At this point we were like, "WE'RE LEAVING."

So we leave and on the way home swing by a grocery store to pick up some whiskey & pizza. We get back to my place and cook some food while we play Mario Kart: Double Dash. After that we go outside and watch fireworks on the grass while discussing astrophysics.

We head back inside and finish up the evening by watching Mortal Kombat and Kickboxer (staring Jean-Claude Van Damme).

And that was possibly the best 4th of July to date.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    That's incredible

That teenager

I want to know more about him

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    That's incredible

That teenager

I want to know more about him

Here's a picture of his dad
    jaws-bond.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I hung out with some people from Blizzard and Cartoon Network and lost my glasses in the Pacific. A good day!

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »
    I'm gonna grill and eat some food.
    Drink many alcohols.
    Listen to music and dance.
    Play some wiffle ball.
    Make some explosions.

And then shed a tear for liberty.

MISSION
    ACCOMPLISHED

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Update:

Survived day two of the reenactment. It was basically a repeat of yesterday as the army at the time always celebrated it on the Sunday after the fourth.

Musket again fired every single shot. I am very proud of that old sucker.

Hilariously the entire rifle regiment misfired on one state. Just everyone taking aim and a series of clatches as none of them go off. Us infantry then casually step up and fire off an extra volley to cover for the rifles, then reload and fire again for our state before the rifles could even recover.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Tonight I went out and drank a beer made to the original recipe of one THOMAS JEFFERSON
    It did taste of FREEDOM and BROTHERHOOD and A NOTABLE LACK OF THE CROWN'S INFLUENCE
    Not to ruin your buzz but Jefferson was... kind of an asshole? Like, not that a ton of the founding fathers weren't but he really, really comes off as a hypocrite who should knew exactly why what he did was wrong.

Besides, if you're looking for fine alcoholic beverages you go to Franklin, duh. Man knew how to party hard.

Gundi on