As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] thread: Abandon all game completion, ye who backlog here.

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Haven't spent any money with GMG and it doesn't look like I'm going to based on that. Jesus.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hmm, I suppose this means I should finish Tomb Raider 2013 one of these days.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Going to repost this as it has been a couple days and still haven't received any entries. Don't worry if you aren't too familiar with the Game of Thrones world, just write something silly like how you were crushed to death by a pile of gifts from destroyah87 or something. Literally all you have to do is send me anything to be winning at this point.
    Jeix wrote: »
    I noticed that the Telltale Game of Thrones game went on sale today and 26 of my friends have it wishlisted. This looks like the perfect time for a contest.

4GVEACq.jpg

They say that in the Game of Thrones you either win or you die, but unfortunately for the Steam Thread denizens you aren’t going to be winners.

This is a creative writing contest, but don’t worry if your writing skills aren’t the greatest because creativity is the most important part. To enter: PM me a short story a couple paragraphs long about what kind of a life you would have had in the Lands of Ice and Fire.

As this is a perilous world to live in, you must also include a description of your demise. It might be a glorious death in battle, or could it be that you were just in the wrong place due to some bad luck, perhaps you might have even trusted the wrong forumer and they decided to have you taken out.

The contest rules are as follows:
    • Write a few paragraphs about your life and death in the Game of Thrones world and PM them to me on the forums.
    • One entry per person.
    • Must be an active member of the community.
    • Entries must be received by Wednesday the 29th.

Of course there is also a bit of a twist. The Game of Thrones world is full of deceit and treachery. You never know when alliances may break, or if you should really trust another. As such, the contest will reflect this. If you would like to enter but you do not want the game for yourself, you may instead write about the life and death of another member of the forum and kill them off in whatever way you wish. I have almost an equal amount of Steam Friends who already own the game as those who wish for it so I hope to see many entries on another forumers behalf.

I will judge the entries based on whichever one I find the most entertaining, good luck to all who enter.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Beat a couple games the past couple days (thanks to Steam Trophies' 100% recommendations :v )

Tengami was a relaxing little adventure game, with the aesthetics of a pop-up book. I REALLY liked the look of it, but it was quite easy, and quite short (around an hour). The only point of difficulty was a couple places where it wasn't apparent what to do, and the answer was "backtrack some, something has changed."

Micron was a pleasant little puzzle game. Once more, rather short (and I'm not done with the bonus levels yet), but it doesn't quite live up to its billing as a musical puzzle game. I was envisioning something more akin to a rhythm game, and SOME levels end up that way, but most don't.

What is Steam Trophies' 100% recommendations? I need to find a way to stop playing hero clickers

@Doodmann - here's your profile:

http://steamtrophies.com/profile.php?user_id=76561197983902596

Login through Steam and up at the top there'll be a 100% Game Suggestions button. It'll give you a list of games that you own that the highest number of people who are members at the site have gotten 100% of all achievements. So basically, it'll err in favor of short/easy games, or games which have all story achievements (Telltale, etc).

e: Actually, looks like you don't have to login.

Incredipede (which is totally cheating with how those achievements are).
    Electronic Super Joy: Groove City
    Reach for the Sun
    Puzzle Agent 2
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

are your top 5.

oh thats awesome thanks!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Isn't GMG essentially doing to @cardboard delusions what Steam is doing to @Sir Carcass ?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Isn't GMG essentially doing to @cardboard delusions what Steam is doing to @Sir Carcass ?

Basically. They're being dicks for little reason other than "policy".

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Basically. They're being dicks for little reason other than "policy".

I think we're all hip to the fact that 'policy' means 'because we can'.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I have nothing to lose though, if GMG doesn't want my business that's foolish on them. If they had my whole library and could suspend it from me, then I'd probably balk. I'm very happy @Sir Carcass was able to get things resolved and grateful my situation isn't as dire.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Soooo I'm not giving GMG any business anymore. The VIP page had a bad redirect which led to me to purchase a GOG key instead of Steam. Their support being tremendous asshats refuse to exchange or give me credit. I tried being nice, but now I'm going to dispute via my credit card. In turn they replied, "well since you want to dispute with your card we'll suspend your account and depending on the outcome of the dispute your account may remain permanently suspended."

Sad they are willing to lose a customer who has spent hundreds of dollars, maybe more.

That's a shame. GMG was crushing it for a while, but seems to be struggling a bit lately. They've certainly rubbed some customers the wrong way in the last year with delayed pre-order keys.

GMG annoys me simply because they always have the same prices as other sites but you have to use a coupon code to get it. It's like "GameX only $6.25" but then they throw a 20% coupon code at you to bring it to $4.99 like other sites already had priced it previously. If you want to sell a game for $5, just do that, don't pretend that your VIP or coupons are special.

Except when they don't. There's a bunch of times I've gotten [sometimes significantly] better prices than other places because of coupon codes they email me. Especially on new release/preorder stuff. :) (granted, some issues folks have had with preorder keys make me hesitant to do that now, but it has, in fairness, never been an issue for me personally)

Typically I like GMG, they do occasionally have the best deals but I just can't believe how awful this guy's response has been. I mean I contacted them within minutes, and normally I'd suck it up and just eat my loss, but it seems they are going out of their way to be needlessly rude and pedantic for the sake of. Over the years I have made great strides to be nice to customer service reps because it can be a really shitty job where people just abuse you all day, but when I come in politely and ask for any help and your response is fuck off, too bad... I'm not going to pull punches.

What game was it, @cardboard delusions? Was this maybe part of the Witcher 3 non-sense?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I forgot to mention this about my contest but someone asked. If you write about another forumer and it is picked as the winner you can absolutely stay anonymous if you desire.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @cardboard delusions and @Sir Carcass both have avatars that are based on roughly target-shaped objects, both make heavy use of the color yellow, and both prominently feature stars. Both have been screwed by an online game distributor.

Clearly the problem isn't "policy" ... it's the avatars.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Soooo I'm not giving GMG any business anymore. The VIP page had a bad redirect which led to me to purchase a GOG key instead of Steam. Their support being tremendous asshats refuse to exchange or give me credit. I tried being nice, but now I'm going to dispute via my credit card. In turn they replied, "well since you want to dispute with your card we'll suspend your account and depending on the outcome of the dispute your account may remain permanently suspended."

Sad they are willing to lose a customer who has spent hundreds of dollars, maybe more.

That's a shame. GMG was crushing it for a while, but seems to be struggling a bit lately. They've certainly rubbed some customers the wrong way in the last year with delayed pre-order keys.

GMG annoys me simply because they always have the same prices as other sites but you have to use a coupon code to get it. It's like "GameX only $6.25" but then they throw a 20% coupon code at you to bring it to $4.99 like other sites already had priced it previously. If you want to sell a game for $5, just do that, don't pretend that your VIP or coupons are special.

Except when they don't. There's a bunch of times I've gotten [sometimes significantly] better prices than other places because of coupon codes they email me. Especially on new release/preorder stuff. :) (granted, some issues folks have had with preorder keys make me hesitant to do that now, but it has, in fairness, never been an issue for me personally)

Typically I like GMG, they do occasionally have the best deals but I just can't believe how awful this guy's response has been. I mean I contacted them within minutes, and normally I'd suck it up and just eat my loss, but it seems they are going out of their way to be needlessly rude and pedantic for the sake of. Over the years I have made great strides to be nice to customer service reps because it can be a really shitty job where people just abuse you all day, but when I come in politely and ask for any help and your response is fuck off, too bad... I'm not going to pull punches.

What game was it, @cardboard delusions? Was this maybe part of the Witcher 3 non-sense?

Indeed it is Witcher 3, best part is - it wasn't even for me haha! I already have a copy.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    "cardboard delusions" and "Sir Carcass" both have avatars that are based on roughly target-shaped objects, both make heavy use of the color yellow, and both prominently feature stars. Both have been screwed by an online game distributor.

To be fair, to you everyone looks like a target shaped object

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    "cardboard delusions" and "Sir Carcass" both have avatars that are based on roughly target-shaped objects, both make heavy use of the color yellow, and both prominently feature stars. Both have been screwed by an online game distributor.

Throwing things at small, dancing animals is wrong though.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

What game was it, ""cardboard delusions"? Was this maybe part of the Witcher 3 non-sense?

Indeed it is Witcher 3, best part is - it wasn't even for me haha! I already have a copy.

I'm not going to defend GMG in this case because it sounds like the rep was being a complete asshat, but I suspect part of the issue might be that I don't think GMG is an official seller of GOG keys for The Witcher 3. There was some dubious (though very possibly legitimate) origins for the GOG keys GMG were selling. The only thing we can confirm is that the keys did not come directly from GOG or CDPR directly. GMG may have bought them from another retailer but GOG and GMG were not getting along when W3 was released so if GMG refunded the key, they might be forced to eat the cost of the key because GOG might not be willing to confirm if it was used or not and it would look bad on GMG to sell a possibly used key (which I think they have done before and it did indeed look bad)

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Question regarding this weekend sale (can't check it out on my phone), does it have day themes like last year? Or can I buy Doom right now with no worries that it'll be cheaper?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    That wasn't a suggestion, @destroyah87 (who is a complete monster) <3
    destroy_zpsarszt4aq.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Blame Madican. He gave me the idea.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Question regarding this weekend sale (can't check it out on my phone), does it have day themes like last year? Or can I buy Doom right now with no worries that it'll be cheaper?

Today's deal is the Elder Scrolls franchise, so hold off!

• Options

Hey don't go dragging me into your shenanigans.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Fair point.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Well I mean...

you're not really wrong exactly...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Fair point.

I mean, I guess. If you're sure? My shenanigans are cheeky and fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Fair point.

One could make an argument your shenanigans are cruel and tragic to to the backlog.
    Woohoo shenanigans.

Madican on
  • Options

Fair point.

Can confirm. Have been shenanigan'd by @destroyah87. Cheek was involved.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

Fair point.

One could make an argument your shenanigans are cruel and tragic to to the backlog.
    Woohoo shenanigans.

"I swear to god i will pistol-whip the next person that says shenanigans!"

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Fair point.

Can confirm. Have been shenanigan'd by @destroyah87. Cheek was involved.

Seconded... slow mail day today. Responses are fewer and fewer.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next guy who says "Shenanigans."

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Hey Madican, what's the name of that place you like so much? That place with the Mozarella sticks and the goofy shit on the wall.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Hey Madican, what's the name of that place you like so much? That place with the Mozarella sticks and the goofy shit on the wall.

Shenanigans!

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Humble Weekly Bundle Simulator 4
    Pay at least $1 for:
    • Out of the Park Baseball 15
    • Kill the Bad Guy
    • Real Boxing
    Pay at least $6 for:
    • Emergency 2014
    • Gnomoria (Early Access)
    Pay at least $10 for:
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie put a smile on my face with some shenanigans and dark sorrow. Although I guess I have @destroyah87 to blame.
    i8y4wHG.jpg

• Options
    Wow, I need a wallpaper sized version of that background picture...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    why? @akajaybay why?
    64329B14-305B-499F-8390-AC8286BDB802.jpg
    You know better than to believe the Pixie's lies. Thank you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixie never lies. I have it on good authority.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

suuuuuuuure you do

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

Well, pixies are faeries, and as everyone knows, Faeries can never speak a direct untruth.

This never seems to hinder their ability to sucker people, though.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    k69uvetmezsb.jpg

Hmmm... more @destroyah87 shenanigans. I see how it is.

"If you can't spot the liar, the liar is you."

Is that like: "If you don't have any idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend"?

<.<

I'm no liar. Ever. Nope. But thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Hey that's the source of MY avatar.

• Options
    Don't believe Ondor's Pixie's lies!
    I'm Captain Basch von Ronsenberg and this is my most hated part of the game.

This discussion has been closed.