As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stains....

plantersplanters Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Stains under armpit on white shirts, what would be the method of getting them off, washing with clorox didn't work.....

planters on

• Options
    drinkinstoutdrinkinstout Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have to buy new shirts pretty regularly.

drinkinstout on
  • Options
    nethneth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think the key is to not let them sit so long between washings. other than that i'm not sure if that type of stain will ever come out.

neth on
  • Options
    crakecrake Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You can't really fix that now - although you could rub some oxyclean paste right into it and wash them again... I doubt anything will come of it though. Those stains are well set in at this point, no doubt.

In any case, with the next set of shirts, never let them sit more then a week and always wash them inside out. Wash your whites seperately if you don't already do so. Throw some borax in there each wash and your shirts should last a lot longer. If you want to get even more OCD about it, never put them in the dryer.

crake on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I've heard that deodorant makes them worse, is that true? And why not put them in the dryer?

planters on
  • Options
    HlubockyHlubocky Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would cut this problem off at the source. I used to sweat heavily until I started using some extra strength anti-perspirant. There are a few brands but the one I tried is called Certain Dri (I think). You put it on before you go to sleep and then use normal antiperspirant or deodorant in the morning. If you use too much it might burn like fiery death, but I would never go back at this point. Sorry if this sounds like some crazy testimonial...

Hlubocky on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well Axe Dry USED to work for me but now I don't know what happened.

planters on
  • Options
    IloroKamouIloroKamou Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hlubocky wrote: »
    I would cut this problem off at the source. I used to sweat heavily until I started using some extra strength anti-perspirant. There are a few brands but the one I tried is called Certain Dri (I think). You put it on before you go to sleep and then use normal antiperspirant or deodorant in the morning. If you use too much it might burn like fiery death, but I would never go back at this point. Sorry if this sounds like some crazy testimonial...

I second certain Dri, my brother and i, and some of my cousins have this problem as well, normal and in shape, just sweat a lot more than most people. certain dri works wonders tho, long as you use it regularly.

IloroKamou on
    "There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts."
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    spray the pits with "Spray N Wash" before throwing it in the laundry, will get em off for sure. I have to wear a undershirt at work (as the dress code is white shirt, and those are always too transparent.) for 9 hrs straight, i have to do it basically every wash, works perfect.

variant on