As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

John Byrne Cover [chat] (OP NSFish for 56k)

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited July 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
M9QZZ3W.jpg?1

emYjMRj.jpg?1

671927.jpg

TnN0wf6.jpg?1

huEwwcc.jpg?1

Jacobkosh on

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @bloodyroarxx

It's a shame you don't dig Steven Universe!

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Did she do it? Did she rip up all the X-Men?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think my dad owns that Daredevil and that Spiderman.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Houn wrote: »
    Did she do it? Did she rip up all the X-Men?

I wouldn't know, I bought the comic

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I have applied for a job that I think I'd really enjoy. But I figure it's a 60% chance it was aimed at someone internally. Oh well, maybe I can fuck them out of a job.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    She-Hulk occupied a niche in the Marvel line for a long time that was smarter, less comic-ey than most of their other comics. I don't know about the success of that particular run though.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    jacob are we warring stars tonight?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    She-Hulk occupied a niche in the Marvel line for a long time that was smarter, less comic-ey than most of their other comics. I don't know about the success of that particular run though.

It was a good comic but it got cut short by Byrne leaving to go work for DC. He got headhunted for something like a couple mil a year and total creative control.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Now you will never learn what engines you all are.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It had the longest run for a female superhero solo series for a long time. 60 issues or so.

• Options
    I have a copy of ASM #129 (first appearance of The Punisher).

It's in poor condition but still worth $100-200

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    @Vanguard
    The disassociation of ESPN and NASCAR with the Trump Organization was covered by the press in headlines all over the world as though it was a major setback for me. Really? What were the losses? One NASCAR banquet in a magnificent ballroom at Trump National Doral in Miami for which I will keep their very substantial deposit and rent the ballroom to someone else that night––in other words, two fees instead of one (NASCAR has already apologized to me)! In the case of ESPN, they cancelled a simple golf outing at my course, Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, perhaps the most valuable parcel of land in all of golf. Likewise, they lost a large deposit. I will now let people use the course on that day, receiving substantial additional greens fee income. Again, I get two fees instead of one.

This is the big deal built up by the press on ESPN and NASCAR––a banquet and a golf outing.

Headlines blared all over the world, “ESPN and NASCAR Dropping Trump”––Give me a break! All of this because of my strong stance on illegal immigration during my run for President…Make America Great Again!

(not the onion)

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    jacob are we warring stars tonight?

yes!

@Thomamelas @MrAnthropy @desc @Shivahn you guys are all around tonight, yes?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yes

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    @bloodyroarxx

It's a shame you don't dig Steven Universe!

BR, I honestly suggest sticking with it for at least a few episodes. It's basically a shonen in structure so it's deliberately designed to be a show that starts slow and ramps up as Steven figures out his powers/more about the gems.

Also, if you find Steven annoying that is by design. A large part of the show is selling you on why Steven is so great.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

Chanus is Edward, although I deserve the title by rights

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wonder how many former mods have gotten permabanned. 3, I think. at least in the D&D circle.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Interesting that everyone wants to be James though. He's the weakest of the big engines. He never pulls the express. He's actually grouped with the small engines for taste very often. His main attribute is vanity and he is very cautious about damaging his paint.

Despite all this, I do like him a lot though. I like all three big engines. I just bought my son James, Gordon, Diesel and a second Thomas and second Percy yesterday, actually (it was a pack on sale for $30, so it was cheaper than just James, Gordon and Diesel).

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    @Vanguard
    The disassociation of ESPN and NASCAR with the Trump Organization was covered by the press in headlines all over the world as though it was a major setback for me. Really? What were the losses? One NASCAR banquet in a magnificent ballroom at Trump National Doral in Miami for which I will keep their very substantial deposit and rent the ballroom to someone else that night––in other words, two fees instead of one (NASCAR has already apologized to me)! In the case of ESPN, they cancelled a simple golf outing at my course, Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, perhaps the most valuable parcel of land in all of golf. Likewise, they lost a large deposit. I will now let people use the course on that day, receiving substantial additional greens fee income. Again, I get two fees instead of one.

This is the big deal built up by the press on ESPN and NASCAR––a banquet and a golf outing.

Headlines blared all over the world, “ESPN and NASCAR Dropping Trump”––Give me a break! All of this because of my strong stance on illegal immigration during my run for President…Make America Great Again!

(not the onion)

I bet the GOP staffer whose job was to focus on Hispanic outreach wants to really strangle Trump.

• Options
    I tried to google search to find the worst/least popular Sodorite but all I got was pages and pages of very strong opinions on which is the worst episode of the program.

• Options
    Interesting that everyone wants to be James though. He's the weakest of the big engines. He never pulls the express. He's actually grouped with the small engines for taste very often. His main attribute is vanity and he is very cautious about damaging his paint.

Despite all this, I do like him a lot though. I like all three big engines. I just bought my son James, Gordon, Diesel and a second Thomas and second Percy yesterday, actually (it was a pack on sale for $30, so it was cheaper than just James, Gordon and Diesel).

I like all of James, Gordon, and Diesel.

It's just that James has red paint and is therefore superior, obviously.

• Options
    I like Gordon when he's pissed
    latest?cb=20121017130707

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    this dude carves amazing things out of blocks of wood

http://www.randallrosenthal.com/index.html

they're all single pieces from what I understand

obamawash6.jpg

dscn1667.jpg

cardbox13.jpg

cardbox1.jpg

cardbox2.jpg

cardbox8.jpg

• Options
    I love that the Mexican reaction to Trump's disgusting racist spiel was to start making Trump pinatas.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

Chanus is actually Lady.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

But I already know what engine I am, SKFM. I already know.
    phantom-train-boss-battle.jpg

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Jacob, I should very much like to war some stars with y'all if you ever have a spot open or start a new game.

When I was in their randomly y'all looked damn chill.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

Diesel is a provocateur.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

Diesel is a provocateur.

Sodor would be a way more boring place without Diesel.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

Edward is actually a good fit for you, on many levels, actually.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Houn wrote: »

But I already know what engine I am, SKFM. I already know.
    phantom-train-boss-battle.jpg

X Y ↓ ↑

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Holy crap those covers

@Jacobkosh I am shamed to say that i did not recognize the name when I entered this chat.

*hands back 1/18th of nerd cred*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I wonder how many former mods have gotten permabanned. 3, I think. at least in the D&D circle.
    I like to think that after spending long enough in D&D, you have witnessed every iteration of an argument and can ascend as a being of pure pedantry in the real world.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    It is kinda weird that so many former mods are permabanned

Someone write a paper on it

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Holy crap those covers

Jacobkosh I am shamed to say that i did not recognize the name when I entered this chat.

*hands back 1/18th of nerd cred*
    It works like that? You can trade nerd cred like bitcoins?

I'M SITTING ON A GOLD MINE.
    connery.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

stress is bad

/paper

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »

stress is bad

/paper

None of the grad students are permabanned

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Losing mod status is usually preceded by some fairly bad behavior I'd imagine.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Or Override, who is a magnet for all things stressful

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    skfm this should be you and your son

Bless your heart.
This discussion has been closed.