As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS Vita/PSTV: It's this really obscure handheld, you've probably never heard of it

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    DAN does have a pretty good/extensive story mode going for it to make up for the lower number of songs. It may have a smaller song list, but every song I've played so far has been really good. If you liked P4's music, you'll be pretty happy with the songs in the game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Don't forget, there's DLC coming for it which will marginally increase the song selection.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hopefully the story's good enough to justify having 1/2 to 1/3rd the content of other rhythm games that also have DLC.

The gameplay does look good though. I'm sadly going to have to wait for my copy for a bit as I bought the CE instead of just grabbing it digitally.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The story is better than I expected or needed it to be. There's one hugely awful stereotype character, but other than that it was fine.

A tip for when you do get it: turn the in-game brightness level down to 5. It doesn't affect the entire game, just the dancing in the background. At half brightness, you can still see the dancing just fine, but the bright vivid colors won't affect your ability to see the incoming choreography as much. Seriously, with the brightness all the way up I had a lot of trouble seeing what I was supposed to do sometimes, and I'd just miss notes because I wouldn't notice them; they looked like part of the background.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oooh, I'll try that tip out. I miss notes a lot because I don't notice them coming.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    My OLED got a Dead Pixel.

RIP Pixel. :(

• Options
    In other news, I finally went back and beat my first playthough of Akiba's Trip blindly getting Tohko's ending and somehow blindly also completing the sister ending. Fun game. Though I regretted picking hard mode till the last ~30% of the game, when I infused my red lightsaber to max and got my armor up to 300ish.

Doing everything blind I seemed to miss some sidequests. I guess there's some outside of the automatic requests, the battle arena, and your sister's sidequest chain you get from Pops? But hey, I just unlocked a lot of stuff and NG+'s should be quick I think?

Fun game.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    In other news, I finally went back and beat my first playthough of Akiba's Trip blindly getting Tohko's ending and somehow blindly also completing the sister ending. Fun game. Though I regretted picking hard mode till the last ~30% of the game, when I infused my red lightsaber to max and got my armor up to 300ish.

Doing everything blind I seemed to miss some sidequests. I guess there's some outside of the automatic requests, the battle arena, and your sister's sidequest chain you get from Pops? But hey, I just unlocked a lot of stuff and NG+'s should be quick I think?

Fun game.
    No. Those are all the sidequests. Some just have VERY tight timing for when they're available and when they cancel.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Aparently some are specefic to various routes.

• Options
    I expected Hatoful Boyfriend to make more sense after playing through it a few times but I'm actually even more confused now.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I expected Hatoful Boyfriend to make more sense after playing through it a few times but I'm actually even more confused now.

Have you dated all the birds yet?

• Options
    I've dated Shirogane, Shuu and the teacher bird.
    How did a bird cut my head off? The fuck is even going on? This is surreal.

• Options
    Oh man, the Shuu one is the best. Did you enjoy the Christmas meal?

Most (all?) of the paths leave you with more questions than answers. Keep going though, the end is good.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    This thread is lacking THE GLORY OF PUDDING.

Now THAT is a weird route.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Probably my second favorite.

Well, Anghel's is good too. Man, it's so hard to chose favorites.

LD50 on
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    I didn't like pudding bird in his route, but I liked him a lot during the events of the true route. It was strange.

But man, the Christmas meal. ahahaa, oh man.

sig.gif
  • Options
    XSEED Games is holding a press conference event next week with exclusive announcements. Get HYPE.

Considering it's an event, I'm predicting multiples of announcements, but I'm going to put money down on these two at least:
    lcfYLBO.jpg

j3U2C3b.jpg?1

It's probably too early to announce Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni because that game isn't out till December in Japan.

I am not betting on Natsuiro High School to make it over in any way, but if they somehow did I'd give XSeed a Hi5 after I'm done laughing my ass off.

I am expecting Trails of confirmed release dates.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The XSEED press thing is rumored to be tomorrow.

• Options
    Xanadu is the one I'm most hoping for. And I know the Xseed folks WANTED to do it. So I'm feelin' pretty confident about it.

In other news, I finally finished all the missions in the God Eater 2 Rage Burst demo. Final time?

CRMS_5_WIAAQ0Pg.jpg:large

That was a damned satisfying demo. And the final missions in it were actually pretty tricky. My favorite of the new Aragami is this big wolf lookin' thing. It's just the right combination of cute and cool.
    Best thing is I finished the demo just in time for Corpse Party which should be arriving today, yaaaay~ . Sorta! I'm actually a little scared!

Gonna have to put the GE Resurrection demo playthrough on hold though.

Speaking of GE1, I also caught the first two episodes of the anime. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda hate it! All the charm and tone which made me fall in love with the game was sucked out of the anime version in order to try and make this... grim-dark... thing. Doesn't help that I hate the anime-original main character. Who, so far, is like that one asshole who skipped all the tutorials and joins missions that are way above his gear level, doesn't even bring anything to heal, aggro's everything, and yet still thinks he's "helping" AGGGH.
    Further episodes I'll probably only watch for the "hate watching" potential. :p

sig.gif
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I brought out my PS TV yesterday to play around with it a bit. Started a new game of Ys: Memories of Celceta, which I didn't love on the Vita when I originally played it for a handful of reasons.

How do you properly utilize the touch controls on the PS TV? The one that seems to be the biggest gap for me at the moment is ordering other party member behavior by sliding fingers together or apart on the back touch panel for the Vita. Would be curious if anyone's figured this out.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    So I brought out my PS TV yesterday to play around with it a bit. Started a new game of Ys: Memories of Celceta, which I didn't love on the Vita when I originally played it for a handful of reasons.

How do you properly utilize the touch controls on the PS TV? The one that seems to be the biggest gap for me at the moment is ordering other party member behavior by sliding fingers together or apart on the back touch panel for the Vita. Would be curious if anyone's figured this out.

Ys Celceta re-mapped the touch control functions to the right stick when you're using a PSTV. But on a system level, the virtual touchpads are accessed by clicking the left or right stick, I think. I don't have a PSTV, so I'm not sure.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Ys Celceta re-mapped the touch control functions to the right stick when you're using a PSTV. But on a system level, the virtual touchpads are accessed by clicking the left or right stick, I think. I don't have a PSTV, so I'm not sure.

There are two ways to access touch controls on the PSTV. First, as you said, click the left and right thumbsticks. The other way is if you pair a PS4 controller with it, you can just use the touch pad.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »

There are two ways to access touch controls on the PSTV. First, as you said, click the left and right thumbsticks. The other way is if you pair a PS4 controller with it, you can just use the touch pad.

Does this work if the game has front and back controls? How does it distinguish?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The touch controls are really confusing since I don't think they ever properly explain how to actually use the damn things. But this has been the best way for me.

-Click the left stick for front touch controls. Left stick moves the left white hand, right stick creates and moves the right red hand. L2 and R2 are left and right hand presses. You can also press X to press the white hand, but honestly this is pretty confusing, what with normal game controls and the second hand. Just stick to the triggers.

-Click the right stick for back touch controls. Again, left stick moves the left white hand, right stick creates and moves the right red hand, and L2/R2 to press. This is double confusing since your natural instinct is probably to move with the right stick, which creates the second hand, and now you have too much information on the screen. And if you press X, then you're pressing with the white hand which probably isn't where you want it.

-Click both sticks for pinch controls. Same controls as above.

And since I realize that might be too much confusing info to process (left hands, right hands, da fuk?), here's the dumbed down version. Click left stick for front, right stick for back, both sticks for pinch. Use the left stick to move, and L2 to touch. And never actually move the right stick.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Here's the manual page. It looks like the PS4 controller's touchpad can only be used for the front screen; you always have to use R3 if you want to touch the back screen.

• Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    I enjoy trying to understand what's going on while lurking in this thread. For the most part I still have no idea, but I still love you guys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Awwwwwwwwwww shucks <3

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The Vita is the console of love.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    The Vita is the console of love.

And yet screen protectors aren't that popular for the Vita. Oh, wait, that makes sense now...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    So, finally took care of Person 4. Started slow but ended up nicely.

I felt really terrible after I became intimate with three ladies and had to turn them all down during the epilogue for some Maria love. It felt really bad. But the game is great!

So, I bought Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Played that and it's a good train ride game, nice easy gameplay, dressing room, and progression. But once my wife saw it, oh boy, did I get a huge "this is what women in videogames have come to" type speech.

Regardless, I just play it when she's not around and it'll hold me over for awhile.

• Options
    The cover to the artbook that comes with the physical version of Blood Drive is scary ;_; .
    CRPIor4WEAAKCsc.jpg

The back is scarier!
    CRPIsrSU8AAz3BD.jpg

*throws artbook back in box*

sig.gif
  • Options
    Does it glow in the dark?

*covertly puts the artbook across from Lovely's bed*

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    The soundtrack case is nice and solid too! Not Atlus nice, but pretty nice.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    D: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually though, I did put something on top of the game box so that I don't accidently run into it in my room and startle myself. XD .
    CRPJehoWsAAhUht.jpg
    Protect me IA !

sig.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Part of me feels like playing through Corpse Party and Book of Shadows again before starting Blood Drive. I'm really glad I got the version with the soundtrack. I have always really enjoyed the music. The only other soundtrack I wanted more was the one for Demon's Souls.

I might buy a digital version of Blood Drive though. I already have four or five games in physical version not including Blood Drive and I have two memory cards that I keep switching between my PSTV and my Vita. I know it isn't a huge deal but for some reason it feels very stressful.

Also, iTunes doesn't recognize the Corpse Party cds at all so I am going to have to go in an add all the song names later. Kind of a bummer.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Part of me feels like playing through Corpse Party and Book of Shadows again before starting Blood Drive. I'm really glad I got the version with the soundtrack. I have always really enjoyed the music. The only other soundtrack I wanted more was the one for Demon's Souls.

I might buy a digital version of Blood Drive though. I already have four or five games in physical version not including Blood Drive and I have two memory cards that I keep switching between my PSTV and my Vita. I know it isn't a huge deal but for some reason it feels very stressful.

Also, iTunes doesn't recognize the Corpse Party cds at all so I am going to have to go in an add all the song names later. Kind of a bummer.

Play them back to back! What could possibly go wrong with this plan? Join me in my suffering!
    I'm a huge scaredy cat help me please i don't want to do this anymore but I can't back out now!

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

I hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!

sig.gif
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Got Persona 4: Dancing All Night in the mail yesterday!

... And apparently the Voice toggle doesn't actually work. :(

工事中