As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megagame] Stand Still Stay Silent - Game Ends

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    !Vote to accept Resolution 1
    !Vote to accept Resolution 2

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

• Options
    Hey, by the way

Did anything ever happen with that notice about some knowledge about the virus that was apparently too sensitive to just reveal to everyone?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Egypt distributed it to the scientific community a little while ago, if you're interested your advisor should be able to tell you more. They wished to leave it up to each nation to determine how best to use that knowledge, and Russia intends to respect that.

-Russian Science Czar

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Hey, by the way

Did anything ever happen with that notice about some knowledge about the virus that was apparently too sensitive to just reveal to everyone?
    I contacted Preda and asked. The information was propagated to each nation's scientific representative. If you did not receive it, please let me know and I'll make sure it gets to you.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Oh, and !Vote Resolution 1, in solidarity with my SADPACT brothers and sisters

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Egypt distributed it to the scientific community a little while ago, if you're interested your advisor should be able to tell you more. They wished to leave it up to each nation to determine how best to use that knowledge, and Russia intends to respect that.

-Russian Science Czar

Oh really?

Really?

Russia intends to "respect" the "decisions" "of" "sovereign countries"?

Respect Russia?

Really?

You make me sick.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I mean, good faith and cooperation?

Has Russia learned nothing from the past few weeks?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    I think that kind of acrimony is uncalled for.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    (Calling out people from Russia every single time they post seems a bit unnecessary, especially when they are talking about scientific matters and not military or diplomatic ones)

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Just an OOC note: JusticeforPluto is banned I guess

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bremen wrote: »
    I think that kind of acrimony is uncalled for.

Yeah, uh

Can we dial back the rhetoric a bit?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    (Calling out people from Russia every single time they post seems a bit unnecessary, especially when they are talking about scientific matters and not military or diplomatic ones)

And also since it looks like they will endure repercussions, as currently that motion is running unopposed.

As a cabinet member of a country that almost had as much to lose as yours, England humbly suggests that you could stand to enhance your calm, minister.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Ah, just as I was going to make a post KetBra!

Unfortunately, JusticeforPluto has been banned. I don't know the circumstances behind the ban, nor do I care. My interest is simply to keep the game going in a way that is fun for everyone involved. Because I do not know how long JusticeforPluto is going to be unavailable, I have secured a replacement.

As of this moment in time, @timspork's ghost is officially subbing in for JusticeforPluto.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hello all!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Just an OOC note: JusticeforPluto is banned I guess

:sad:

Self-inflicted? Dude probably wanted an enforced break after all the drama.

Come back soon JFP

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Looking at his post history I would say it is self-imposed. That's a bummer.

• Options
    Hello all!

Hello Timspork!

You really have an uphill climb ahead of you! Best of luck!

• Options
    Due to the unique circumstances involved in this replacement, I ask for a bit of leniency as Russia sorts out exactly what's going to happen.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Hello all!

Hi!

You're dead!

• Options
    Well you're not dead but you know

Not doing great.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I would hate for this to turn off future mega games and it saddens me a player felt is was necessary to self impose a ban.

Having been in similar shoes in other mega games, I understand the stress.

• Options
    All right, here's the deal @Bremen is now the President of Russia, he is also not going to be talking to many folks for the next couple days because of the assassination attempt on JusticeforPluto. (The assassination was against the President, so the impact stays against the President).

@timspork's ghost is the new Russian General, and has control over Russia's military.

Hopefully that sorts everything out.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    if anybody starts feeling genuinely frustrated about the events of this game don't feel bad for just walking away

your self-care is more important than anything that happens in this thread, and I feel bad about pluto getting as upset as he did

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    oh well then timspork you're doing pretty good!

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, you successfully invaded 4 countries earlier!

Radius on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So can Egypt just research a vaccine right now?

There is a crucial difference between preventative vaccines and reactive antiviral drugs.

A vaccine is a one-and-done sort of thing that would prevent uninfected people from contracting the disease.

Drugs need to be taken constantly and simply prevent an infected person from progressing further into the disease.

I was being flippant and essentially asking if Egypt could just dive to the bottom of the tech tree, because you didn't specify that their free tech had to be one they already had unlocked. I apologize for abusing the Gold.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    From random guy off the street to President of Russia in less than 12 hours

Share your secret to success, Bremen

• Options
    Farangu wrote: »

His secret is pretty simple

Let the Wookie win.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Power vacuum, right place, right time

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Power vacuum, right place, right time

The Russian way!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Добрый вечер, (Good Evening)

As newly appointed head of the Russian Military Forces, I wanted to introduce myself. Please give us some time to work through our internal organizational problems. I suddenly find myself with many papers to read.

I will be as helpful and forthright as I can.

Sincerely,

Timofei Sporkov
    Admiral and Acting Russian Military Commander

OOC: I was about to go to sleep before this happened so I will be back in the morning.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Oh god, yes I was joking, sorry if it didn't come off that way. I tried my best to make it obvious, but unfortunately you can never tell how something is going to be read over the internet.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    To be fair, though, I put the word "of" in quotes.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So no one finds it convenient that TimSpork said he would do anything to get in the game around the same time JfP gets banned?

Russia will fit you well!

(I kid, I kid)

• Options
    So no one finds it convenient that TimSpork said he would do anything to get in the game around the same time JfP gets banned?

Russia will fit you well!

(I kid, I kid)

OOC
    Yeah I typed that and then shortly after saw that JfP was banned and kinda went, "Oh shit." Oh well, I'll do my best!

• Options
    Oh my God

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Spork never does anything half-assed

You should read about his library

This discussion has been closed.