As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rocket League]: PA Rocket Society on Friday Nights

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    OT Goal (a rare display of Actual Calculated Skill): https://gfycat.com/BlandOrangeGrayling

OT Pass: https://gfycat.com/AmazingPoorAppaloosa

And then, certainly not my most skillful play, but almost certainly the most spectacular. in video form because I felt it necessary to show several angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdcm5f-vQI

Let's ignore the weird aspect ratio, I spent way too much time on this bullshit to go back and redo it. At least not right now.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Wow

• Options
    Rewatching the play I don't know why I didn't just go straight up for it? I guess I thought I had less boost than I did or something. I dunno.

It worked out though.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Close One!
    What a Save!
    Calculated.
    Chat Disabled for 4 seconds.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Literally the only reason I don't automatically mute everyone at the start of every game is in case a teammate tells me what they're doing on a drop. Nothing else.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    dalitubadalituba Registered User regular
    Loving all the sharing going on. Fun to watch everyone progress.

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    my partner's one div from Champ and i'm one div from Diamond 3

we might make it boys!!!

• Options
    Has the game been weirdly laggy all day today, or is it just me?

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Has the game been weirdly laggy all day today, or is it just me?

I was getting all sorts of lags yesterday. Even had a few DCs because of it.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Man I really want one of those new goal explosions. Anyone got one they would trade? I got plenty of crates to offer and some other things!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
      bear in mind the goal explosions start around 18 keys and go up from there

• Options
      crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
      That's a nice chunk of change...

• Options
      I’ve opened a hell of a lot of overdrive crates already trying to get one, with zero luck so far.

Steam | Twitch
    • Options
      Big Dookie wrote: »
      I’ve opened a hell of a lot of overdrive crates already trying to get one, with zero luck so far.

We should report them to the Gaming Commissions!
      bear in mind the goal explosions start around 18 keys and go up from there

I was hoping for a combinations of keys and cars/crates/swag

• Options
        SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
        Currently the cheapest goal explosion you can get is the Fireworks one at around 9-10 keys. And then it goes all the way up to 24-25 keys for the Hellfire skull one.

Another RLCS weekend is over and I now have every single reward possible... except for the Apex wheels. The RNG gods hate me. :sad:

camo_sig2.png
      • Options
        I'd pay 9-10 keys and some!

• Options
          edited September 2017
          TimFiji wrote: »

If no one in the thread has one to trade I can try and help you find a Fireworks for 9 keys if you don't want to go through the trading process yourself. Just make sure you like that explosion enough before deciding.

Sumanai on
          camo_sig2.png
        • Options
          Fireworks seems like the best looking one to me. Hellfire is a bit over the top. Will throw another $10 tip to Psyonix at some point to get one.

Once this RLCS season comes to a close I'd be happy to do some swapping with my extra rewards items so everyone can have everything.

• Options
          Sumanai wrote: »

If no one in the thread has one to trade I can try and help you find a Fireworks for 9 keys if you don't want to go through the trading process yourself. Just make sure you like that explosion enough before deciding.

Yeah man I'd appreciate that, thanks. My keys are on hold at moment. I also have like 20 other crates and cars if those help lower the key price

• Options
            edited September 2017
            Sumanai wrote: »

Yeah man I'd appreciate that, thanks. My keys are on hold at moment. I also have like 20 other crates and cars if those help lower the key price

Let me know when they unlock then. Also, the new patch hits on Thursday, it's always hard to predict what will happen but it usually changes the value of items a bit. Hopefully the price will go down a little because people want keys to open the new crate.

Sumanai on
            camo_sig2.png
          • Options
            Will do. Anyone wanna do 2s or 3s? I tried randos and did not go well. I was tripling my 2nd place and I'm not good!

• Options
              edited September 2017
              Just had a match where one of the cars on the opposing team was causing crazy graphical glitches for me any time they were on screen. Like, huge polygon stretching and shit that made it unplayable. So bizarre, I've never had that happen.

Edit: It happened again in a match later, don't know if it was the same player. I tried verifying my game files, let's see if it happens again.

facetious on
              Real strong, facetious.

• Options
              I was going to tell the story but it's not worth it, but I need to vent just enough to say I just encountered one of the most obnoxious players I've ever seen. This community is so frustrating to me.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
              edited September 2017
              Sumanai on
              camo_sig2.png
            • Options
              Come on patch notes! Reading them may be my favorite part of updates.

• Options
              dalituba wrote: »
              Come on patch notes! Reading them may be my favorite part of updates.

Ask and you shall receive: https://www.rocketleague.com/news/patch-notes-v1-37/
              Patch hits in 47 minutes.

@TimFiji Fireworks is already down to around 7-8 keys, lets hope it holds.

camo_sig2.png
            • Options
              Woo! My keys open up in a day but I will be out of town till Sunday!

• Options
                BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
                Wow, I for some reason had lost so much interest in this game I only got 10/12 wins to go from unranked to bronze last season. I should really get back into it!

• Options
                I'll be on tomorrow night to do my placement matches, so if anyone else is up for it, feel free to join me!

Steam | Twitch
              • Options
                And now I can't play more than 2 minutes without the game crashing on me. Was hoping to get a crate drop during the first few hours, guess I can forget about it now. :cry:
                At least it seems to be an issue that's also happening to a lot of other people, so there's hope it gets fixed soon-ish.

camo_sig2.png
              • Options
                Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
                facetious wrote: »
                I was going to tell the story but it's not worth it, but I need to vent just enough to say I just encountered one of the most obnoxious players I've ever seen. This community is so frustrating to me.

Just turn off everything but preprogramed team comments. Makes life a lot better.
                Big Dookie wrote: »
                I'll be on tomorrow night to do my placement matches, so if anyone else is up for it, feel free to join me!

I'll be around tonight.

• Options
                I'll probably also be on this evening? at some point? Getting dinner with a colleague after work.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
                edited September 2017
                Definitely just broke my new mouse due to frustration about placement matches.

I need to stop getting so frustrated at this dumb game. But leavers in placements is annoying.

facetious on
                Real strong, facetious.

• Options
                I’ll probably jump on in like an hour or so. Hope it’s not too late and I can catch some of you still on!

Steam | Twitch
              • Options
                edited September 2017
                Taking a break at 0-6 in placements.

This game would be a lot more fun if teammates didn't steal the ball from me when I was dribbling.

I don't care if my team is godawful, but if you actively sabotage teammates I lose my patience.

Edit: Took a break, calmed down, ended up 3-7 in placements.. and still got put in Platinum 2 Divison 3. Which surprised me, and is I think slightly higher than I was at the end of the season, but I'll take it.

facetious on
                Real strong, facetious.

• Options
                They adjusted the ranks so if your performance is similar to last season you should expect to end up around 2-3 ranks higher.

camo_sig2.png
              • Options
                Got all my ranked solo placement matches in, went like 3-7, almost cracked my controller in half and pitched it through my monitor, and somehow ended up in Gold 1.

And now I will not touch solo matches again for the rest of the season.

Steam | Twitch
              • Options
                I find the new Starbase map incredibly disorienting. I'm sure it's partly just that I'm used to the old layout, so I'll eventually familiarize to it, but there's also something about the pattern of the floor that seems to confuse me. It seems as though it still indicates elements of the old layout, and there are weird dead spaces in the design that throws me out of whack.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
                These placement matches feel particular frustrating this season. I’m having a hard time putting my finger on why though.

Steam | Twitch