As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rocket League]: PA Rocket Society on Friday Nights

• Options
    dalitubadalituba Registered User regular
    And if you happen to look up my stats, I for sure don't deserve the Diamond ranking I got. Not sure how I swung that one other than good teammate luck. Much closer to a low-mid platinum in reality

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    I know those feels @dalituba - i was flopping around in plat 2 until my buddy started queueing with me. of course he got diamond instantly from his placements

I am not actually a member of any steam groups

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Apparently I am part of the steam group, but I'm bad at looking for games

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    @ArcanisTheImpotent I actually am not sure we're friends on Steam either... I don't think I ever see you online, unless I'm just not realizing it's you. Go ahead and add me if you get a chance!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigdookie/

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Hit me up for some groups too. I'd like to get better at ranked. I never seem to be able to get above silver. I usually play most nights after 8 central when I don't start PUBG first.

• Options
    Now might be a good time to for people to put themselves into the google doc that tracks who's who since so many people don't have matching forum and steam names.

It's linked in the OP, but even easier here it is....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10R98u9z8GDEPJ2YpvcSB_Qgwpq9J94jz5VLSk_MepGQ/edit#gid=0

• Options
    It might seem a little hokey, but this video series by Gregan (well known EU caster and coach) does a great job of teaching rotation/positioning.

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    I should send that to my brother, we're both guilty of the up the middle drift turn into net move.

• Options
    there was some stuff I hadn't considered in the later episodes too--like passing across the midline

• Options
  • Options
    there was some stuff I hadn't considered in the later episodes too--like passing across the midline

Im watching all of them now. Been a while since I worked on my play. I definitely need it.

• Options

Awesome, didn't have time to watch the rest as I'm working but definitely will later as I'm sort of stuck at a plateau right now.

• Options
    I have also updated my steam details on the spreadsheet

I plan to be on this evening if folks want to talk about rocket league and improvement

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    That spreadsheet specifically says PSN ID. I don't see a column for steam.

• Options
    It's on a different tab at the bottom

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    A little bit more info on the Season 4 rewards including how all trails look like: https://www.rocketleague.com/news/competitive-season-4-rewards/
    That diamond one looks cool but unfortunately it's out of my reach. Good luck climbing the ranks, everyone!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    are we allowed to link gifs of cool plays here?

• Options
    I don't think it's been an issue in the past. Just check your image sizes

• Options
    edited June 2017
    hmm, I'll go ahead and just link it indirectly then

i scored a freestyle~!

baby's first freestyle

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    That link appears broken?

Edit: try removing the "giant"

Nice shot!

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Looks like Rocket League is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year.

Sorry Steam. It was good knowing you.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    yesssssssssssssss

Edit: hmmm motion controls might be good for some air control actually...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Even better, it will have cross-play with Steam and Xbox One.

But not PS4 because derp Sony.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Unfortunately cross-play doesn't mean much if they don't change the party system. As it is now you can only play with friends on different systems if you create a private lobby, still no online play.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Anybody want to party up tonight? I'm going to be online for a bit, so just shoot me a message if you want to.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Anybody want to party up tonight? I'm going to be online for a bit, so just shoot me a message if you want to.

I did, and we played. Good times as always.

• Options
    dalituba wrote: »

Agreed! If only I could get a decent chunk of time in without the kids waking up or something exploding in the house or whatever the fuck.

I have to say though, is it just me, or is the competition way tougher at this level than it used to be? Maybe everyone is just getting better and I'm not keeping up.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    dalituba wrote: »

Agreed! If only I could get a decent chunk of time in without the kids waking up or something exploding in the house or whatever the fuck.

I have to say though, is it just me, or is the competition way tougher at this level than it used to be? Maybe everyone is just getting better and I'm not keeping up.

The ranks never really stabilized for me. In one game I can find Platinum 1s whiffing a bunch of balls and in the next game another one hitting every single aerial perfectly and dribbling like a pro. Sometimes it's just smurfs or people boosting friends but I still find a lot of different skill levels at the same ranks.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I think part of our problem is that we rank up too quick. Once at our proper range, it's going to be 50% losses. More fun during the climb to there.

I do agree about the rank inconsistency. I spread anywhere from low gold to diamond depending on playlist. Doesn't feel like I'm playing significantly different players on each level.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    whoops meant that for the FF14 thread over in MMO town

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Woo, small personal achievement for me today! A few weeks ago I decided that I should try to get all items from crates 1-4 since they will be retiring those soon but eventually it escalated and "all crate items" became the new goal.
    I was in no hurry and took my time finding the right deals for a bunch of stuff. Money is tight so my budget for Rocket League is almost non-existent, I had to trade my way up to most of these items with very little investment and almost no crate openings.

DT3TQAd.png

I know this doesn't mean much and most of these are not worth a great deal but it was fun getting there. :rotate:
    Black Markets don't count... those are too expensive! (and technically aren't on the crate items list) :mrgreen:

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SO I hadn't played Rocket League in quite a while - did my placements and got into platinum. Seems like the community got a lot more hostile since I last played.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    WE DID IT FAM

2ngx8QZ.png

• Options
    WE DID IT FAM

2ngx8QZ.png

Awesome!

Now you can help rank me up to Platinum before season 5, right?

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I can't imagine the patience that must have taken Sumanai. I've done all of about 4 trades, and agonized over them for hours. Well done.

Also, congrats on the Diamond Arcanis. Rocking those new trails in just a few weeks.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    It did take a bit of patience but got better once I got the hang of it and was a lot easier when I started using the RL TradeFinder and RL Garage sites. Also always exciting when you do a good deal or flip a previous trade for a bit of profit.
    Btw, if anyone really wants any items but is too afraid to get into trading or doesn't know market prices I'm happy to help you find a good deal or act as a middleman. Just send me a message and I'll try my best.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NBC Sports is hosting a 2v2 Rocket League tournament this summer, with $100k on the line.

http://compete.kotaku.com/1796297594

@dalituba our time has come.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I kind of want a Dominus GT but no idea where to begin so might take you up on the offer to help. Just out doing some errands right now.

• Options
    BladeX wrote: »
    I kind of want a Dominus GT but no idea where to begin so might take you up on the offer to help. Just out doing some errands right now.

Dominus GT should be fairly easy to get since it's worth slightly under 1 key. Or if you have any Nitro crates, 2-3 nitros should be enough.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Also, I'm about 75% sure I have an extra Dominus GT I'd gladly give over to a fellow forumer, so just hit me up next time you see me online and it's yours.

I think I have an extra Breakout Type S too, and a few other odds and ends.

Steam | Twitch