As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rocket League]: PA Rocket Society on Friday Nights

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    @Big Dookie so you know for later, you can do Ctrl+Shift+Esc to get the Task Manager to pop up directly. If you run into the same problem, that should (hopefully) allow you to bring up Task Manager and not a white menu.

Thanks, I did not know this. Hopefully it won't be an issue in Rocket League anymore since they patched it, but good to know if it comes up again somewhere else.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Okay, I am really, really sad that the April Fools ranks aren't sticking around.

• dalitubadalituba Registered User regular
    Brocoli for life

I feel like being stuck in the Onion League is better than wallowing in the Silver doldrums, so in my mind those will always remain as the ranking system.

Steam | Twitch
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I feel like being stuck in the Onion League is better than wallowing in the Silver doldrums, so in my mind those will always remain as the ranking system.

How is "Onion" not Bullshit Quadruple Diamond in a video game?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    So is there an elo where you stop having teammates quitting or trolling every other game?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    facetious wrote: »
    So is there an elo where you stop having teammates quitting or trolling every other game?

Playing solo? If there is a point that it stops, I haven't reached it yet.

I wouldn't say it's every other game, but it's still frequent enough to be annoying.

Steam | Twitch
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    it seems like we are at the point in the season where your teammates and opponents will be completely random on the scale of derp to Season 3 grand champ

(i wish I was joking)

After 600+ hours, I finally did it. Behold, my first air dribble.

https://youtu.be/NAn8Ap8SxbE

I may as well uninstall now, it's all downhill from here.

Steam | Twitch
    wunna dese days i gotta car soccer with you gents

in a surprising turn of events: platinum get! standard sure is a lot more forgiving than doubles

1pZxJRZ.png

this is what happens when you beat someone 9-1. he started by accusing me of lagging (i had 56 ping vs his 26) and that he "couldn't react" because of it

i basically won every 50/50 and aerial dunked him multiple times so he started just flipping out

all in all a pleasant guy!

if you gents want to play sometime you can add me, steam ID is clicksterz

Shot you a steam invite, hit me up anytime.

Haven't been on much lately because I've been dealing with the very difficult task of vacationing in Hawaii. The views are great, but the internet sucks. See you guys in a few days!

Steam | Twitch
    Missed out of a pic of you playing while at the beach. I'm out of town next week for work, going through withdrawals already.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Free Weekend on Steam, anyone can try the game for free until Sunday. Tell all your friends! :cool:

camo_sig2.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Free Weekend on Steam, anyone can try the game for free until Sunday. Tell all your friends! :cool:

Done and done.

steam_sig.png
    I'll be on all weekend! Let's get some inhouses going!

I'll be on all weekend! Let's get some inhouses going!

I'll be back by tomorrow morning, and will likely be super jet-lagged, so I'll probably be on late tomorrow night. If you (or anyone else) sees me online, shoot me a message on Steam. Always happy to play with anyone who wants to!

Steam | Twitch
    friday night rocket league inhouses were awesome! thanks to @Kai_San , @bedlam , @Zavian , @Antoshka , @Sumanai , and @HyphyKezzy for coming out and playing~

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I had fun! When I was playing with pubs a mostly just rushed the ball and sometimes we'd get the whole team piled up so I tried to hang back and aim my shots better but I seem to miss a lot still. Also the higher the ball goes the harder it is for me to track.

I'll be playing all weekend and probably making a purchase so if anybody wants to add me I think my steam profile is still in my sig.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    friday night rocket league inhouses were awesome! thanks to @Kai_San , @bedlam , @Zavian , @Antoshka , @Sumanai , and @HyphyKezzy for coming out and playing~

Were you Crispin or the name close to that? If so thanks for helping us out! You were quite possibly the most positive person I think I ever played a game with. Made it infinitely more fun. The coaching was superb too! I think I learned so much about what to do so quickly.

It was a great time simply because of the environment. I likely might have been frustrated with random people, but playing with you guys I didn't care what the score was.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I had a lot of fun playing last night too, only really played a match or two awhile ago so was nice to have a group to learn to play with. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do quick turns and faster recovery from missed shots (I never used the ball focus button, which I think is space bar? Was playing with a 360 controller), and I'm sure there's tons of other tricks to learn, but I can definitely see why this game is so popular

thank you for the compliment! i remember what it was like going in blind and learning how to play by taking punches to the face more or less.

being a competitive game, the community can be a salt mine a lot of the time, and for people just coming on for the weekend the toxicity of folks out there could be a huge turnoff for an otherwise fun game

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I had a lot of fun playing last night too, only really played a match or two awhile ago so was nice to have a group to learn to play with. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do quick turns and faster recovery from missed shots (I never used the ball focus button, which I think is space bar? Was playing with a 360 controller), and I'm sure there's tons of other tricks to learn, but I can definitely see why this game is so popular

on 360 controller, ball cam would be 'Y'

steam_sig.png
    It was a lot of fun indeed. I only noticed you guys went back for another round later but looks like you managed to get enough people again. :biggrin:
    And if you're starting out I'd recommend to keep Ball Cam on at all times and get used to it. Turning it off is useful at times but it's something you can think about later on.

camo_sig2.png
    Well now I am watching vids of the game after one night of playing. Granted, its the only thing I can really do at work when its slow (and saturdays are slow) but still.

Too bad it might be a little while before I can play again after this free weekend is up. They and you guys did sell me on the game with it though.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Bumping this since I put the free weekend in the title.

Me and my freshly baked Hawaiian tan are jumping on now. If anyone wants to play in the next couple hours just hit me up on Steam!

Steam | Twitch
    edited May 2017
    For all those new PC people (yay!), be sure to join the steam group. Hit us up anytime. Playing with random people can really be a drag.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PA-RocketLeague

dalituba on
    New patch announced out of nowhere, out in less than 2 days: https://www.rocketleague.com/news/what-s-coming-in-v1-34/
    Regular arena Neo Tokyo! Nitro crate! Woo!

camo_sig2.png
    Oh man. I dig the fast release.

From what I could tell, the twin mill wasn't an exact batmobile clone. Something was off, either turning radius, hitbox elevation, or both. Hope this one is a better match for folks that want that non-bat mobile car.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I'm reaching a weird limbo of an elo where the quality of play is going up and the meta is different, and this is making it difficult to adapt and 'keep up' with this meta. Which is problematic, because the only reason I'm any good at this game is my ability to read the play and be in the right positions, my mechanical skills are not my strength (yet?).

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    i need a pair of standard partners myself. i can redirect and pass really well but there's so much ball hogging and bad rotation i feel like i'm stuck unless i get a partner

If I was able to get the game any time soon I would try to train up to help you out, but based on what I saw I don't think I would be anywhere near helpful to you anytime soon :\

I'm on usually at least 2-3 nights a week. Don't hesitate to shoot me a message to party up!

Steam | Twitch
    edited May 2017
    Patch notes are out already, patch should be live in about an hour 10 minutes or so: https://www.rocketleague.com/news/patch-notes-v1-34/

edit: wrong timezone

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    nooooooooooooo my neo tokyooooooooooooooooooo

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    edited May 2017
    Standard arena Neo Tokyo feels... weird? I probably just need to get used to it since the back walls/corners have a lot more textures and I'm not used to seeing them so well defined.
    Also, got lucky and got a Nitro crate drop during the first hour or so, instantly sold it for 4 keys... gotta thank all the crazies with lots of keys who must have all the shiny drops on day one. :mrgreen:

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png