As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    @Betsuni so i literally just took barricade out of the box. no ankle tilts, no waist swivel, and im not immediately sure how to remove the backpack to do the shield thing i heard about. there are wrist rotations but not swivels? not sure how to describe it as my brain is currently fried but basically you can spin it in a circle but not bend it in or out. neck seems to be on a ball joint. i like the look on the legs/angles/feet kinda looks like boots to me. not hugely but sorta.

it's kinda weird his knuckles say protect and serve but by the rear wheels it says "to punish and enslave"

the final car mode tabs together really well and i think looks pretty good. however the transformation was a pain in the ass as ti felt like i was going to break some of the hinges but you do need to go that little bit farther to get the ratchet to go far enough. i also just popped the windshield/hood piece off so maybe that's what people were referring to for the shield.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    That is too bad... Maybe I'll wait to pick him up on discount then. Thanks for giving that review of the bot.

I went out today for some shopping and my Target had Topspin!!! Snagged him and the Krok since he was just sitting there. Topspin really is a cool piece and his transforming is quite weird and cool at the same time. I accidentally transformed his legs off since it is just slid on there, and managed to slide them back on. I left him in vehicle mode since he is just too cool (but his robot mode is good as well). I can see myself playing with it and I can't wait for Twin Twist now. Krok was an odd one. They chose to swap out some of the hard plastic parts with a rubbery yellow plastic. The spots where they used this rubbery plastic was on the "cockpit door" on his back in crocodile mode and his teeth. It really is a cool feature as teeth (but made his mouth hard to open at first), but the door doesn't want to stay closed very well. I managed to get it to stick so hopefully it'll stay that way. Overall though I'm glad I picked him up since his coloring is really neat.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I realize I'm becoming like the dedicated Star Wars guy around here, and I just got a semi large toy haul. Instead of deluging you with pics I'll just do this, is there anything from the pic below that you guys would like to see up close pics of?

8kykbSR.jpg

Aside from Lando of course since I've already posted those.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    ok another positive about the premier edition barricade is that all his accessories can peg into the vehicle mode and it will still roll. the nightstick and handgun can peg into his forearms on the underside of the car and are both not visible and not obstructing the wheels. the wrist machinegun thing obviously goes on the top like in the package photo

• Options
    @Handsome Costanza Oh man, I so wanted to buy that Royal Guard so many times but never did... Is his cape actually cloth like the original figure? I'm torn requesting photos of K-2SO or the Royal Guard. I actually have a lot of SW figures, but tend to obsess over my Transformers more. My collection is mainly the 3.75" figures though since they are small and easily displayed. Although I started buying more of the larger figures lately since they look really good.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Betsuni wrote: »
    @Handsome Costanza Oh man, I so wanted to buy that Royal Guard so many times but never did... Is his cape actually cloth like the original figure? I'm torn requesting photos of K-2SO or the Royal Guard. I actually have a lot of SW figures, but tend to obsess over my Transformers more. My collection is mainly the 3.75" figures though since they are small and easily displayed. Although I started buying more of the larger figures lately since they look really good.

Yeah it's cloth. I'll just get some pics of both

Edit: the new K2 has red dots for pupils btw. That's the running change. It's kinda weird looking. Also Qui-Gon's eyes are seperate casts. It makes it look like he's wearing someone elses face for a mask, also weird as you can imagine.

Edit2: still working on those pics but for right now here's the chosen one:

VkHLG17.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Preordered MP Sunstreaker. Yay!

Decided not to order the cartoon recolour of MP Sideswipe though. As tempting it is to get one so it matches perfectly with Sunstreaker, it's really just the same figure but with silver paint replaced by grey, blue windows and a bit red paint over the plastic around the neck. Yeah it also has all the pile driver accessories, but I'm never going to use them.

For though who missed out on the original MP Sideswipe, I highly recommend getting this one instead of paying the after market prices. I did when I bough my sideswipe, and while I don't regret getting him, money's money, and I want to save as much as I can with this hobby.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Also I made this with it:

9QPBSDB.jpg

United We Sand.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    this guy is starting to grow on me, and i already liked him. http://imgur.com/a/YXGJ3

rest spoilered for size
    SKieKCZm.jpg
    c9YS2PIm.jpg
    16NlkJMm.jpg
    U0ZEYvVm.jpgm2KBCaTm.jpgkOEVyJlm.jpgzhu81hbm.jpg

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Also Twilight Princess Link:

c3YUxcR.jpg

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Lots of 3P Transformer sale stuff going on. I know Feral Rex is apparently "the" Predaking to get, but Ares is on sale for $200 which is pretty tempting. I still really want Quantron too, even though I have UW Computron.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Anyone own anything from project triforce? I heard about them on an injustice stream last night and everything appears to be statues and pseudo cosplay props/toys/replicas. Dunno anything about the quality or even if the figures are statues vs figures with articulation.
    Lots of 3P Transformer sale stuff going on. I know Feral Rex is apparently "the" Predaking to get, but Ares is on sale for $200 which is pretty tempting. I still really want Quantron too, even though I have UW Computron.

Bbts, tf source, or where?

Speaking of 3P stuff anyone get project x apocalypse?

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Bbts, tf source, or where?

Speaking of 3P stuff anyone get project x apocalypse?

Mostly BBTS, but has anyone heard of robotoybase.com? They have some stuff too, but I've never heard of them and curious of their legitness and reliability

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Is there an easy way to search for them all? Was hoping to find one link that will show them all rather than finding by individual manufacturer.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    They did have a direct link up, but yeah I'm not seeing it now on their page. This should take you to it though.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    $119 for 5 figures seems pretty good on that not-predaking. I don't know anything about their quality though. The individuals figures seem to still be listed at $50

I'm super tempted by the boosticus set.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    $40 Fort Maxes at Ollies if you have them anywhere near you

9LqPh2Z.jpg

• Options
    Holy crap they have a lot there... Is that your photo or someone else's? Because man, I would probably pick up a few to resell on eBay at that price.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Someone else's.

There's one in my vicinity, but it's kinda far and requires a toll road. Not sure if it's worth making the trip.

• Options
    Ok, I need to find an Ollies

In other TR news, Sky Shadow is pretty cool.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    with misfire coming out "soon", anyone know if all the scavengers have modern figures?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    ArtFX ESB Yoda:

9H3zv4F.jpg

Comes with an alternate head with his eyes open. It's 1/7 scale so it's not compatible with Black Series or Figuarts unfortunately. The detail on this thing is insane. It's honestly got me thinking of ditching articulated figures altogether in favor of semi-poseable statues like these. It's not like I play with my figures anyway. At the very least I'm going to need to cut down on my figure purchases to make room for this whole new category of collecting.
    .edit: don't worry ERG and K2 pics are still coming. Those are next.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Schide wrote: »

Christ, are you sure it's all of them or just that location? Because outlet stores like Ollie's and Big Lots almost never had standardized stock, they'll just have whatever they've gotten a hold of at the time. Edit: which Ollie's is this anyway?

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Christ, are you sure it's all of them or just that location? Because outlet stores like Ollie's and Big Lots almost never had standardized stock, they'll just have whatever they've gotten a hold of at the time. Edit: which Ollie's is this anyway?

Probably not every single one of them, but the thread where I got that pic from had a few people going to local Ollie's and finding some, or finding that people had bought up a bunch to resell. So there's a good chance that even if the store you go to had them, they'd be gone by now anyway.

And I don't know exactly which Ollie's the pic was from.

• Options
    ArtFX ESB Yoda:

9H3zv4F.jpg

Comes with an alternate head with his eyes open. It's 1/7 scale so it's not compatible with Black Series or Figuarts unfortunately. The detail on this thing is insane. It's honestly got me thinking of ditching articulated figures altogether in favor of semi-poseable statues like these. It's not like I play with my figures anyway. At the very least I'm going to need to cut down on my figure purchases to make room for this whole new category of collecting.
    .edit: don't worry ERG and K2 pics are still coming. Those are next.

Wow, now that is an awesome figure. I love the lighting on it as well... You reminded me that I have a R2-D2 and C-3P0 Kotobukiya that I have not pulled out yet.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    with misfire coming out "soon", anyone know if all the scavengers have modern figures?

did some googling and unfortunately it doesn't appear there is anything really recent outside of the inbound misfire

• Options

did some googling and unfortunately it doesn't appear there is anything really recent outside of the inbound misfire

I had to go look up the Scavengers and realized that I forgot all about them.

Technically only Fulcrum (which I doubt will get a toy made of him) and Crankcase are the only two that aren't released recently.

Flywheels is actually the Titan Master Skytread. Spinister had a TFCC version (look at the last toy. Then there is Krok which is a really neat version of Skullcrusher.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Betsuni wrote: »

I had to go look up the Scavengers and realized that I forgot all about them.

Technically only Fulcrum (which I doubt will get a toy made of him) and Crankcase are the only two that aren't released recently.

Flywheels is actually the Titan Master Skytread. Spinister had a TFCC version (look at the last toy. Then there is Krok which is a really neat version of Skullcrusher.

does krok actually transform into that altmode normally though? i was under the impression that wasn't the case, but i could be wrong. i wasn't too hung up on getting flywheels given his status in the comic. i missed the spinister though, gonna see if i can track that down.

Krok, - possibly the titans return - after looking more closely the colors are really close maybe i'll look for this guy as well
    Crankcase, nothing?
    Flywheels, possible skip
    Misfire, inbound
    Spinister, tfcc - not sure how i feel about this one. it doesn't quite fit aesthetically for the idw one i don't think
    Fulcrum, possibly never?

edit: so bbts is doing an update today?

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Here are some photos of Krok. Yeah he doesn't look exactly like the IDW Krok, but at least his head does.

I also included a photo showing how his "cockpit door" doesn't close all the way due to it being a rubbery plastic.
    krok1.jpg
    krok2.jpg
    krok3.jpgkrok4.jpg
    krok5.jpg

Edit: Oh I wanted to let you all know while trying to pose him his leg joints are really lose on my model. So much so that it is quite annoying and I decided to leave him in alt mode (which I like better anyways).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    are his legs better or worse than skullsmasher? i have smasher and holy shit the robot mode is awful

the head looks really close, so i may go with him since the head sculpt drives a huge amount of whether i like a figure or not. i love the color scheme

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    My Skullsmasher's legs are somewhat stiff and able to be posed, so no idea how bad yours are. But my Krok's legs are almost too loose. It took me a few minutes to make him stand for the photos, but at least they are not completely loose that makes him unposeable.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Allegedly the takara legends sixshot has a new headmaster. The picture I've seen makes the forehead look a lot better. Only problem is it is listed as $79.99 on chosen prime (where I saw the picture). Is this guy worth that? I never saw one in person, but the forehead was a problem for me

• Options
    I don't think he's worth that much, and really the forehead you barely see since the helmet flips on top and covers it up.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    qlmMqJP.jpg

FINALLY an Ares that doesn't cost $100+

Although at this point I'm not sure how much I care about him...

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    qlmMqJP.jpg

FINALLY an Ares that doesn't cost $100+

Although at this point I'm not sure how much I care about him...
    Does that wave come with an unconscious Wonderman? :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    I've mentioned before that I don't do 3rd party transformers. However that planet x apocalypse is really tempting. The price tag is just insane though. I could get a ton of mainline toys for that cost.

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Look, if you need to, like, pay your rent, that's one thing. But I'm sitting here looking at my Apoc right now, and I can't come up with a combination of mainline toys that add up to its cost that I'd rather have.

I can, however, sit here and wish that it had proper onboard lights instead of those weird Planet X modular light thingies. Those are a pain.

EDIT: I mean, it turns into the Nemesis. Another heaven and another earth will have to pass before we get one of those again.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    What's the issue with the lights? The only available bbts listing is for one without LEDs.

I think it may be a psychological barrier. Over $200 is in my head the wtf point where I stop and think "maybe this is too much". I think it is worth the price from what I've seen but I dunno. The hems and the haws are abundant

• Options
    143999 wrote: »
    Look, if you need to, like, pay your rent, that's one thing. But I'm sitting here looking at my Apoc right now, and I can't come up with a combination of mainline toys that add up to its cost that I'd rather have.

I can, however, sit here and wish that it had proper onboard lights instead of those weird Planet X modular light thingies. Those are a pain.

EDIT: I mean, it turns into the Nemesis. Another heaven and another earth will have to pass before we get one of those again.

Oh man, the jealousy I have over here is truly over the top right now. I'm with @WingedWeasel in that it is sad that I have the funds to just buy one outright, but for some reason I just can't pull the trigger. Maybe one day I will, but right now I think I'm going to stick with spending money on the licensed stuff since that is expensive enough.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.