As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Supplying your future store Childhood with goodies.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    The second set of Piranacons are up on Hasbro Pulse

The previous set are no longer available

I slightly regret not preordering them, but I think that's more the FOMO gnawing at my brain. I mean they seem cool, but just not worth the price or space, and I'm happy with the Terrorcons as my group of monster misfits

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I'll post pics when I get them all so you can live vicariously through me. Either that or fuel your fear of missing out.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I’m hoping that the full set shows up online at some point without playing the whole “preorder or miss out” bullshit.

If it doesn't I’ll just get the BBTS exclusive gen 1 rerelease

WOO!!! HE'S HERE!!! HE'S HERE!!! I'm a bit bummed that his right hand is a bit loose holding the gun, but I tend to swap gun hands so that's not that terrible for me. The special effects are really awesome and I love the new faces. Already replaced his neutral one with the smiling face (because Bluestreak is always happy). What is funny is that some joints are a bit looser than my Hasbro original, and his right hand holds the gun a bit loose (like I read about the problem with the Prowl/Bluestreak hands holding the gun). I love the paint on him, it really looks like the cartoon now. I love it!!! Of course I'm biased towards Bluestreak since he was my first G1 toy long, long ago.

MP-18%2B.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited September 2019
    So, the PotP Predacons:
    • Designs are very reminiscent of the original set, which honestly doesn't bother me all that much.
    • Most of the transformations (especially for robot/alt mode) aren't terrible. Somewhat intuitive.
    • ...Except Predaking, there's a few fiddly things in there (waist/upper torso connection says "sup").
    • All the extra parts for the transformation store away in both robot and animal modes, which I highly appreciate.
    • Predaking's legs feel too long. It's like, somebody promised it'd be 18" tall and by god they're going to make it 18" tall.

Nobody on
    Did you put the stickers on it? Those things alone took me a hour or so trying to get them perfect.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Honestly no, I’ve never been good about the decals in the past and now I’m too set in my ways

Predaking was my first one I decided to put them on. I still have Trypticon and Fortress Maximus that are "naked" and I think I'll leave them that way.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Do yourself a favor and get the shockwave labs back filler for Predaking.

Skip the DNA set, as the figure won't be able to hold the sword.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Cross posting because I'm a proud daddy.

About six months ago I got my annual bonus at work. I talked to my wife about wanting a bigger project to work on over the next year, and she looked at some model kits with me. She really liked the look of the Strike Rouge, so we came up with the plan for me to get the PG Strike Rouge + Skygrasper set and paint them her in color selection. She wanted purple and gold.

To start with, I wanted a test bed for my paint scheme. I already own the PG Skygrasper + Aile Strike Pack set as I wanted the Aile for my PG Astray Red Frame, so I had a backup in case things went wrong. So, I started with this. We talked about the color scheme and decided on a very light purple to replace the white/pink parts, a very dark royal purple for the darker parts, and an intermediate purple that I didn't use on this kit.

It pleases me to present to you the Skygrasper Royale.

cI8lLaj.png

Oq0rsD6.png

8TddRSe.png

wl3ffZi.jpg

iorCAjd.jpg

Here's the original color scheme for reference.
    img_85761.jpg?resize=1200%2C800&crop=1

All feedback is welcome.

Next up is painting the Aile pack, then the Strike Rouge.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    That's fucking awesome, great job on the paint!

So after passing on the pre-order for Nightbird I weakened seeing that she was up for sale when the release date came. The black and purple coloring really caught my eye and I'm glad I decided to pick one up. The purple plastic is really awesome next to the painted black plastic. Her head is sort of weird since her face mask actually makes it hard to rotate the head and it flips up really easily. The front of the hip piece is a small piece of painted black plastic that actually fell off when I was transforming her back to robot mode (I was wondering where this black thong looking piece came from till I realized where it fell off from). Other than that she is really neat and glad I bought one so wanted to share photos for those who passed on her. I have to go drag out Chromia to see the similarities.
    nightbird_01.jpg
    nightbird_02.jpg
    nightbird_03.jpg
    nightbird_04.jpg
    nightbird_05.jpg
    nightbird_06.jpg
    nightbird_07.jpg
    nightbird_08.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Finally got around to opening my MP44 Optimus and taking some pics

Appearance wise is good mostly. The battle damaged head is spot on, but I feel the default looks off. Namely the faceplate being too large. I wish Takara had just cleaned up the battle damaged head instead of what we got with he default.

The right hip ratchet for outward movement is wonky and rarely works. I tried tightening the screw a bit, which helped, but I'm probably going to have to do some surgery when I have time.

The figure can pull off some great poses due to its articulation. Sadly the feet aren't wide enough to easily stand on one leg, although it is possible with the right balance. Also the makeshift stand isn't strong enough to support his weight. Spend forever trying to do the rider kick pose because it kept flopping about.

The humans had tiny magnets on their feet which stick to parts of the trailer. The limbs like to fall off easily though. Very easily.

The bottom section is the trailer is pretty great in that you can slide it out to store most of the accessories. No room to store Starscream's head, shoulder pylons and the extra stand attachment, so I combined to make Starscream into...something. :P It's actually surprising how well these 3 pieces fit together.

Getting the side panels aligned properly in cab mode is a real bitch due to the red square tab next to the hands to fit in the square hole. Just got to try raise it up to align before pushing in.

Also I didn't forget to take pics of the Optimus and Sideswipe wearing the jetpack. I was just lazy and couldn't be bothered.

96mYv7i.jpg

Domestic Violence Dad

bhctvit.jpg

Superhero Daughter-in-law

kSq0QPJ.jpg
    3FhOYjf.jpg
    WN8FHgi.jpg
    hJhaPZR.jpg
    BUMn5bA.jpg
    Rwd1U09.jpg

Bow before your Superior. Bow before your Master! Bow before COMBAT DECK!

XeLdl3x.jpg

DoAKHgK.jpg
    qU7bvf5.jpg

The annoying tab
    OEVnC5l.jpg
    eaL8idf.jpg

4ZXmJfB.jpg

Battle damaged
    OqPU2ap.jpg
    CRhSRIe.jpg
    x2EBRv2.jpg
    4WFKXYU.jpg
    CFiezjv.jpg
    pT4TLpl.jpg

Such Muscular shoulders!
    5zEeglx.jpg

And now what you've all waited for...HARDCORE NUDITY! :lol:
    MfRSQFs.jpg

Feeling Cheeky
    7cUqR10.jpg

NAnkVgV.jpg

Megatron's worst fear
    8YvYnaW.jpg

BzfY8n8.jpg
    aKf32BE.jpg
    de8r9Wo.jpg
    ldxFxTz.jpg

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    edited September 2019
    Nice! Glad yours isn't defective in the box! Plus looks like your paint is perfect as well. Plus now I don't have to try and rush some photos of the rest of the goodies that came with Prime (I have not had any time to sit down and take them all out yet). I saw someone stuff Starscream's head into the cockpit of the combat deck (it oddly fits in there). Have you tried putting his gun on the side of the backpack yet? Or the sounds? I have yet to get another LR44 battery to try out the sounds, but I so want to hear Peter Cullen's voice coming out of him.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Nice! Glad yours isn't defective in the box! Plus looks like your paint is perfect as well. Plus now I don't have to try and rush some photos of the rest of the goodies that came with Prime (I have not had any time to sit down and take them all out yet). I saw someone stuff Starscream's head into the cockpit of the combat deck (it oddly fits in there). Have you tried putting his gun on the side of the backpack yet? Or the sounds? I have yet to get another LR44 battery to try out the sounds, but I so want to hear Peter Cullen's voice coming out of him.

I did try to stick Starscreams head in the cockpit, but gave up after the first attempt.
    There is a bit of paint scratches but not sure if I did that myself while trying to pose him on the stand.

The only defect I would say is the right hip ratchet, but after seeing a video online I think I may need to do surgery on the knee ratchet, as the plastic can get warped and is better off gluing the joint.

https://youtu.be/glGUux2O0As

Also I probably won’t use the sounds as I don’t like leaving batteries in toys.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    edited September 2019
    8i2ckd58ek9k.jpg

Tossing in my "toys to never open" pile. I talked about the original toy in this thread before, but Ice Man was one of my favorites as a kid. This packaging is emulating the old school 90's toys from Toy Biz. I think the toy itself is just ok, he looks fine but the reason I liked the original the most was... He was fully translucent blue 'ice'. This toy is semi-transparent, but hardly noticably so.

The main thing is the little ice-board, which again the old toy did better because you could fill it with ice to freeze his feet in an actual ice block and slide him around. So I give it a solid 7/10, mostly boosted by my fucking crippling addiction to nostalgia.

Original toy in here↓
    dbnn2nmcx7cl.jpg

Local H Jay on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    There were a handful of such X-Men toys I always wanted as a 90s Kid: this Iceman, Sauron, the blue-and-yellow suit Wolverine with the springy claws, the tan-and-brown suit Wolverine with the retractable claws.

Never got any of them, though.

I had that Brown Wolverine (not trying to flex, it's just good memories)

I'm only now realizing as an adult I was kinda spoiled until a certain age

There was also a cool Nightcrawler with a bendy tail. Sadly that tail broke off eventually from me constantly playing with it. Also, Logan's claws eventually fell out. Toy Biz's quality control wasn't that great, but then again I played with those toys everyday for years, making them fight my Power Rangers.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, how could I forget Nightcrawler!

Holy cow that thing is HUGE! I'm guessing it is MP scaled given the car bots all around him. Not to mention the TV and drawers behind him.

oosik_betsuni.png
    That toy is too small, can't park my real car in it 0/10

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Got outbid on a used Combiner Wars Devastator and it leads me to ask; all of those MISB Devastators from China on ebay are almost certainly knockoffs, right?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That toy is too small, can't park my real car in it 0/10

Yeah, some "citybot," not even the size of a city! What a waste.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Got outbid on a used Combiner Wars Devastator and it leads me to ask; all of those MISB Devastators from China on ebay are almost certainly knockoffs, right?

It is hard to say, but if the price is too good to be true then yeah I'd lean towards it being a knockoff. Some of those sellers do have real Takara stuff, but you would have to know if they are trustworthy as a seller to know for sure.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Price isn't too good ($200 with free shipping, though given that used one went for $160 with $25 for shipping), but the listing says "100% original Hasbro product" so if it turned out to be fake I might be protected?

Price isn't too good ($200 with free shipping, though given that used one went for $160 with $25 for shipping), but the listing says "100% original Hasbro product" so if it turned out to be fake I might be protected?

I would normally say yes. If you are on TFW (or know of the forums) you can try skimming the eBay Chinese Sellers list to see if the seller is on there as a good one or scam. It is mainly for the 3P toys, but at least you can filter out some of them.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/china-ebay-seller-check-new-comers-read-first-post.1064426/

Granted the first post is somewhat updated, but you might just do a search in that thread for the seller's name to find it faster.

Or BBTS has him in stock for $199.99 if you want to be completely safe.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/19887

oosik_betsuni.png
    If you don't mind a KO of a third party version, the NBK Devastator is amazing and also pretty large.

So I finally decided to give my Micromasters a home and pulled my old Brave Maximus out of the closet. Now, on top of having a disgusting layer of dust on him, Brave Maximus had the ignoble distinction of being the decoration on my fridge for many, many years. When I finally decided to take him down I discovered he had a nice film developed all over him courtesy of years of cooking. I've been off and on trying to clean him for over a week now, but it's a daunting task and my tools were kind of shitty. I thought I was making progress until I made the mistake of looking at him with my LED flashlight, which was much better than the shitty lighting I had in that area of my living room; however this allowed me to see what areas needed work and so I spent a couple hours tonight scrubbing him down with a toothbrush. I don't think I'll ever get him clean enough to be comfortable selling him (without some huge ass disclaimers), which is a bummer, but in the crappy lighting he looks fine now, and at least I have a use for him now.

Cleaned the junk off my spare desk and wala.

l4luGfw.jpg
    Decepticon assault on Maximus City (Brave almost perfectly scales towards the jet micromasters, if you consider the yellow bits to be windows on skyscrapers)

C1UONNP.jpg
    Decepticons are springing Blackjack from the pokey; looks like Road-Police was the guard. Emphasis on the was.

hqKuyaK.jpg
    Autobots are quick to respond.

That looks great!

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Counterpoint, micromasters are dumb (but I like them anyway)

7of5mb7c6kuv.jpg

"Why Prime, what big arms you have."

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Aside from the shoulder jets it kinda looks like he's just getting creative bringing his groceries in from the car.

Yeah, I was scratching my head at the toy images on TFW. So they jumped from Cybertron to Earth. Ok...

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited October 2019
    Well yeah the Transformers came from Cybertron and went to earth, like in the original cartoon.

Then they went back to Cybertron

And came Earth

So repeats the endless cycle of Robots with space traveling technology

:P

Seriously though that Optimus looks great.

Only took them god knows how many attempts to make a decent G1 Leader class Optimus

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Yeah, true. They only had one episode where they were on Cybertron then Earth, then back to Cybertron AND Earth. So makes sense they "finished" their Cybertron War and brought it to Earth in one toy phase. HAHAHAHA.

Either way, I'm sort of drooling over the Grapple since I have been wanting to get the MP version. This version might do nicely.

As for G1 Prime, yeah that one is a really good one. Plus it is cheaper for them to do that than remake the original mold for the trailer and accessories.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Shit. Thinking about it more in Beast Wars they went to Earth!

And In Beast Machines they went to Cybertron!

Then in Car Robots/RID they went to Earth again!!

It's like a fucking Ouroboros :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Apparently they all paid for round trip tickets. Hahahahahaha.

I managed to snag a Siege Barricade from Amazon and got him in hand. Man, I'm so glad I passed on Prowl because the black and purple is so awesome. I'll take some photos and share them soon.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.