Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

1808182838486»

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    It's funny seeing it next to devastator gives it a whole different send of scale. If I can get one cheaply it's on the list now. Just for the sheer dumbass size of it

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    BBTS put a few Planet X items on sale, including Apocalypse (their Trypticon). 40-60% off

Apocalypse is now a bit more reasonable, still too pricey for me though.

WingedWeasel
    wow at $215 apocalypse is pretty good. i might pick some of those up (non apocalypse sinc ei have him)

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro orbital frame in the zone of the endersRegistered User regular
    I am highly tempted by that not-Trypticon

but this showed up: https://www.hlj.com/1-48-scale-riobot-afc-01h-legioss-type-eta-set88040

Too much cool plastic shit

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Local H JayBetsuniHefflingDonnicton
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular

but this showed up: https://www.hlj.com/1-48-scale-riobot-afc-01h-legioss-type-eta-set88040

Oh man that is way too awesome. Dangit, now I want one....

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

What if Macross but chonk?

If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    edited November 21
    So I managed to snag Siege Apeface from Amazon for $5 off this week. I finally had a chance to try and transform him and... I'm seriously annoyed with it.

Apeface and Snapdragon were two triple changers that I always wanted growing up and never saw one in person. So I was so stoked that they showed off Apeface earlier this year. I actually pre-ordered it from Hasbro when they went live and cancelled it so I could get it faster and cheaper from Amazon.

Back to the toy. In robot mode he is absolutely cool with all the articulation they gave him. But that all starts to fall apart when I try to transform him. His legs in bot mode are his ape torso and forearms. You can barely see it in bot mode, but it has the annoying fold the leg open and do this sort of origami folding of it to compress it down and form a solid mass. Hasbro/Takara Tomy has used this before in lots of bots before. The soft plastic that they used allows some flexibility which is a pro and con since you have to tab it into parts which doesn't work completely as designed. Then the "back" of the Ape mode (which the jet nose cone is also attached) is supposed to fold down and tab into the legs. Doing this didn't really work for me and then the neck area for the ape doesn't fit like all of the photos I have seen, which leaves it flopping about.

Then I tried to put it into jet mode and that is where I lost it. The cockpit/nosecone part of mine won't tab into the feet parts without the entire "back" and legs to untab and fall apart. So I decided to put him back into bot mode and walk away.

I'll try transforming him later and take some photos to share, but for now posed him and left him on my coffee table. It really pissed me off since I was looking forward to him. So much so that I'm thinking of cancelling my pre-orders for the entire Seacons and Astrotrain in disgust.

Edit: He is still available for $24.99 on Amazon here: https://smile.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Cybertron-Voyager-WFC-S50/dp/B07V8VNVHF/

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Nobody
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I've heard that the instructions for Apeface skips several steps that help him hook together better. You may want to check a YouTube review to see if you're missing something.

edited November 21
    I've heard that the instructions for Apeface skips several steps that help him hook together better. You may want to check a YouTube review to see if you're missing something.

Yeah, their instructions are getting worse and worse over time. Heck, even Reflector (Refraktor or whatever they call him) doesn't have any instructions showing how to convert three of them into a camera. Thanks to fans it was figured out, so I'm going to go to watch some videos to see what I'm messing up. One point I did see was that my neck piece (or whatever you want to call the piece where the ape head attaches) has a slot that looks like it snaps into the connector for the cockpit/nosecone part but I'm afraid of pushing too hard and breaking it. Probably need to do that to get it to sit flush in ape mode. Another thing I saw on the TF2005 forums is that you have to be careful with the "wing" part since it is made of clear plastic and can break, so a little sanding will save that from happening.

Edit: My review was a bit harsh mainly because I was so looking forward to getting and playing with Apeface, which didn't happen last night. Plus I just needed to vent out my frustration rather than breaking him apart. So yeah, I'll leave him till I have some proper time to play with him and remember that some of these newer Transformers are a whole lot more fiddly than earlier ones (and G1 versions) which allows them to have more articulation and look a lot better.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

Very excellent

XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Forever Zefiro
    That's really disappointing to hear @Betsuni

I have no emotional attachment to apeface but he seemed cool so I wanted to get him but the fragility (or potential of) irks me. Fiddly bots or onces that require arcane rituals to transform were the entire issue with the bayformers stuff

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro orbital frame in the zone of the endersRegistered User regular
    My Apeface came in.... completely missing the instructions, which is kinda funny considering. It's not the perfect figure I was hoping for when I first saw the pictures, but I do really like it

Definitely the ape mode is the weakest part, but I was able to get the head/neck part to securely stay in place. It's definitely weird though. Like, you have to kinda hook that tab down into the chest, then press the jet's nosecone's tab into the back, which will pull back on that front hook and secure it. It doesn't look clean, but I'm pretty sure this is how it's supposed to work.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Betsuni