As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction] Be Ready For Jubei

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited July 2017 in Games and Technology
6dddb8a1dwsz3.jpg

Yes indeed, it's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxXGVJSINHk

Just praying it still gets a PS3 version.

New Characters

NINE / PHANTOM
dSFK5xOh.jpg
CJtaEWLUAAAH7X4.jpg:orig

Naoto Kurogane
CJte2W4UMAAibrd.jpg
http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Naoto_Kurogane

From the novels, I think? Seems to work for Rachel.

Hibiki Kohaku
(Kagura's assistant from CP, WTF.)
jtWxS4m.jpg

Can't wait. Story looks like it's getting ramped up to 11, too.

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

I was literally just gonna post this.

That said, I'm still hoping for Jubei, especially with Nine finally being playable.

And honestly, I expect Mai Natsume to be playable in the console release wither through DLC or a revision.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I love BlazBlue's stage backgrounds so much.

• Options
    New trailer. Can't stop watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6S_Q_Yz6g

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Isn't naoto Kurogane from Persona 4?

Edit: no it's Shirogane. How humorous!

21stCentury on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    New trailer. Can't stop watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6S_Q_Yz6g

Pretty sure that's the arcade OP. Insanely badass, anyway.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Hoping for Mai as a Console (or DLC) character still.

Wonder if Nine will be playable in Arcades or if she's a boss character being saved for the Console versions as playable?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Notice it says 'Act 1'. I have a feeling this will be last/cross gen, and the finale will be PS4.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    heh, I buy all the anime fighting games and then never play them because reasons. I can't wait to continue the cycle with BBIV

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Nine's moveset, looks pretty tricky:

CUuR_rdVAAA8Wj1.jpg:large

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Huh. Elemental combinations for different spells. That's a huge list of moves, but looks like tons of them require setup. I wonder how she'll compare to Rachel and Mu.

I'm still holding out hope for Jubei for the Console release with Mai as DLC.

• Options
    I'm positive Jubei is coming.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm positive Jubei is coming.

He better be, considering that his wife is playable and he actually returned to active combat in the last game's story mode but wasn't playable. Damn you ASW for the teasing in your story modes.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Make him a silly golden EX-character.

• Options
    Y'all still slacking

https://youtu.be/BKFR90OQ-aQ

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So we're up to 3 playable Noel's now. :P

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Depends. Does Lambda count?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

5 Noels then.

• Options
    I always wanted Izanami in a fighting game, but this wasn't quite what I had in mind.
    (P4's is still the best Izanami.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

5 Noels then.

Wait, what now. I only get to Lambda, Mu, Nu, and now this one?

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    It looks good! Though this just leaves me sad about how KOF XIV is shaping up thusfar.

• Options
    edited January 2016

5 Noels then.

Lambda, Mu, Nu, Saya/Izanami, Noel, I guess if you count Mu and Noel separately.

Also, supposedly Hibiki is a tier beast now? Nine is reportedly low tier. Yay, more fun for me when I bury the haters.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

5 Noels then.

Lambda, Mu, Nu, Saya/Izanami, Noel, I guess if you count Mu and Noel separately.

Also, supposedly Hibiki is a tier beast now? Nine is reportedly low tier. Yay, more fun for me when I bury the haters.

Yeah, it adds up if you count Mu and Noel separately, but... that's silly. Especially after it's basically a change of... er... clothes for her to pull out Murakumo.

• Options
    Central Fiction's cover:

61s%2BhBggGFL.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Interesting that Es isn't on the cover. All the console exclusive characters have been on the cover so far.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Found CF at AX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNCabXly5B4

Looks like the PS4 JP version. The radio silence about the presence of a dub is worrisome.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    There hasn't been a single BlazBlue game without a Dub.

• Options
    Making the possibility all the scarier.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    There hasn't been a single BlazBlue game without a Dub.

Xrd revalator went without a dub as well.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Making the possibility all the scarier.

Man. I love the BlazBlue dub. :(

• Options
    Weird.
    http://operationrainfall.com/2016/07/08/central-fiction-es-trailer/

central-fiction.jpg?resize=610%2C343
    BlazBlue: Central Fiction has received a new character trailer for Es from Arc System Works.

Es made her first appearance in XBlaze Code: Embryo. She new joins the cast of the five new fighters heading to BlazeBlue: Central Fiction. Including, Natoto Kurogane, Nine the Phantom, Hibiki Kohaku, and Hades Izanami.

The trailer shows off Es’s fighting style, as well as, her special attacks.

You can watch the trailer below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Mx31N8OEU

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    My firs thought on seeing that picture was that they'd put Saber in.

• Options
    I think it's pretty deliberate, even her fighting style reminds me of Saber. Her voice, too.

ES_CALIBAAA incoming.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Hmmm, I'm trying to figure out her playstyle from that video. Is she a stance character?

• Options
    Sector Seven's story in Extend is really good, though it kind of feels like an excuse to tie Azrael into everything. Also, I love that voice unlocks are tied to clearing arcade mode, not DLC.

Got the best narrator back, Jin's. Prease. serectaa you caractaa.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Picture of CF's story mode:

ydD4I5r.jpg

From conversations within and without, it's safe to say the dub is gone. I'm 99.99% positive.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    From conversations within and without, it's safe to say the dub is gone. I'm 99.99% positive.
    That's extremely sad for story mode. They did some pretty incredible work in the previous games.

That said, everyone I played with switched to japanese voices for VS mode in CP. We could only take Ragna telling us we're stupid every single time he blocks a thing for so long.

And don't even get me started on Hazama's Super Snake Kick.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    That's extremely sad for story mode. They did some pretty incredible work in the previous games.

That said, everyone I played with switched to japanese voices for VS mode in CP. We could only take Ragna telling us we're stupid every single time he blocks a thing for so long.

And don't even get me started on Hazama's Super Snake Kick.

I've heard that CP was super rushed, which explains some things. They probably didn't have the time or patience to do a massive script like CF justice with a dub, so they're just throwing it out there without one.

I'm gonna miss the gag reels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXeDHbk5XY

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    No dub leaves me depressed. :(