As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kings of War - the Game of Fantasy Battles (and Disaffected Warhammerists)

1235»

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    If it helps here is that top giant put onto a 50mm base and next to a human on a 20mm base.

2w63ftfz1q30.jpg

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I have roughly a month with quite a bit of free time, so I'm hoping to have the majority of this list painted up to a presentable standard.
    Blight Horde 205

Shock Troops (troop) 95

Tunnel Slaves Regiment 60
    Tunnel Slaves Regiment 60

Brute Horde 185

Vermin Tide Regiment 60

Weapon Team 80

Warlock 110

Swarm Crier 45

Hackpaws Troop 95

Currently painted: 30/40 blight, 10/10 Stormvermin troop, 3/6 rat ogres, 1/1 weapon team, 1/1 swarm crier, 2/3 rat swarms. Using clanrats as slaves, they are painted but very poorly and need re-do.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Brought out my Army of Prester John last night. Ended up doing a dominate mission (get units into a 12" circle in the middle of the board) against my friend's elves.

On one flank some hunters and warriors took out some light cav and spear elves but not quickly enough to get over to the mission objective afterwards.

On the other flank a troop of hunters were shot off the board immediately and that left my horde of lycans isolated against a dragon and some hunters of the wild and a troop of elven knights. It didn't go so well but I did put some damage onto the dragon and kill the knights.

In the decisive center, things were pretty static at first but I run forward some cavalry and eagles to give my Stampede some cover so I could heal them after they took some elven bolts to the face. My knights were wiped out by some Sea Guard after they failed to break a troop of archers and the halflings and eagles were wiped out by shooting. The Stampede then charged in to set things right and wiped out the Sea Guard. Meanwhile, my musketmen weren't doing a whole lot. Eventually each block was charged by the dragon but they somehow held up, each one being just wavered when charged.

In the end, despite what I thought was a clever use of windblast on the last turn, we both had almost exactly the same points in the objective zone so it was I tied game.

However, the reason the elves didn't win was the fact that the second block of musketeers holding up the dragon left it vulnerable to a flank charge on the dragon. A unhindered, undisrupted flank charge.

Rolling 60 attacks that wound that stupid defense 6 flyer on a 2 is a feeling much superior to victory. I left the battlefield quite satisfied with events.

This was my list. With the way that the allies rules work, I should really stick to one detachment that either provides shooting or armored knights but for now I'm just trying out stuff.

Herd:
    Regiment of Tribal Warriors (Ethiopians with swords)
    Regiment of Tribal Spears (Ethiopians with spears)
    3 Troops of Tribal Hunters (Ethiopians with javelins
    Horde of Lycans w/brew of strength( Bones Gnolls)
    Regiment of Giant Eagles
    Horde of Stampede w/brew of haste
    Tracker with Inspiring Talisman
    Shaman with Heal and Amulet of Fire Heart
    Shaman on Mount with Wind Blast

Rhordia:
    Two Regiments of Muskets
    Troop of Household Knights
    Troop of Halfling Knights

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Damn Gnolls, man. I was replaying Baldur's Gate again. Those things are assholes.

I'm experimenting with magnets on my bases. Maybe went overboard on a few, but they can be removed from the tray, so oh well. Only thing I'm worried about is how much I need to handle the base (and thus the feet) to get them off the tray, since I don't varnish.

10 metal stormvermin with magnets in the bases weight way more than you'd think by looking at them. Cool thing about metals.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Looking for my character models for my Prester John army. I could use some historical minis but I think that maybe some more fantastical minis might stand out better on the battlefield.

So far I have picked out these two to run as shamen since they seem like they could be done up as plausible Ethiopian Queen and priest.

02046_Arab_ds.jpg
    60154_p_1_rb.jpg

It seems harder to find mounted minis with a suitable African flavor.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, I just got some Abyssal Dwarfs in one of the army boxes, and I'm wondering if there's an assembly guide somewhere physically or on the internet, or if I should just try figuring it out on my own.

Also those Tomb Kings Empire of Dust guys are pretty cool looking, I think they could use more constructs/giant scorpions and similar stuff, but I do like that they have archers and catapults and the like, and more actual mummies in a Not!Egyptian dead faction is always good.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln