As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] has been cancelled

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    GUYS SOMEONE TALK BOJACK S2 WITH ME

Was S1 good?

YES

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    abdhy i could have used that gif like eight hours ago instead of going to work

harumph

I went into my bookmarks, clicked on of the very many unmarked images in it, and got that and thought fuck it it'll do

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Yay doing work. God I want to nap.

went to bed at 1

got up at 5

went to work at 8

spent all morning on a presentation that i just gave

just starting my normal work now

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Is there a bojack s2 already, I loved the first season

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    My knee hurts so bad. :(

At least I am home now.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I think I agree with quid that people should not be allowed to use analogies

maybe there should be a certification

It's kind of like having a drivers license, not everyone can drive

It's like deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving even though you've never done it before and peanut oil spills out when you misjudge adding a 15 pound turkey to 4 gallons of oil, causing a fire.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    yo I'm the backup don't hate on me

you did not wait the ten minutes

I was late but you were premature.

I did wait! that was neco! she went rogue!

Oh.

We must make an example, here.

Have her brought forth and bid the headsman sharpen his sword.

UM EXCUSE ME I WAITED 11 WHOLE MINUTES

UYp6n6q.gif

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Was S1 good?

Yes

It isn't a laugh a minute which is what I think some initial reviewers were expecting from the cast, but the story and characterisation is excellent

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I haven't been RPing on my Dragon Age site that much lately but I went and picked back up a thread I was supposed to be in yesterday and now I'm having a lot of fun

I like that I've been on the site long enough to be viewed as some sort of elder being, so I can be like "X did Y magic" and people will be like "oh ok so that's how that magic works cool that's site canon" and I can do things like spontaneously create a Dalish folktale and imply some stuff about how the Korcari Wilds work magically speaking and people will go "Oh sweet well I guess that happened in history let's add that to the wiki"

*preens*

(don't worry I use my power for good)

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Ughhh

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I was sneezing repeatedly and turned around to get a tissue and my dog was sitting there with the most horrified look on his face staring at me

It's funny when this happens to me. My dogs sneeze on me all the time. One of my little dogs sneezes on me every time he rolls on his back to get a tummy rub.

But when I sneeze they all jump and act scared.

What's wrong with my sneezes?!

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think I agree with @quid that people should not be allowed to use analogies

maybe there should be a certification

A certificate is like a burnt dog that speaks Norweigian.

It's like what my father always used to say, burnt child smells bad.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    My friend and I were watching Archer season 5 on Netflix, and when it ended, it started playing Bojack automatically.

We were not impressed.

Neco on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Smash U stream takes a break. Flip over to Melee stream

*Fox vs Fox*

Yea, that's about right.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Woah this first page of [chat] is super-confusing until you realize it's several [chat]s smushed together
    We've hit critical mass for chats. String theory was right. It shall now be known as String law, but the consequences of our actions will be severe.

Donald-Trump-as-President-of-the-United-States-in-Oval-Office.jpg

zepherin on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I beat Old World Blues, and it was excellent. I'm not sure if I'll start Dead Money right away, or stick around the Mojave and do some missions.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I haven't been RPing on my Dragon Age site that much lately but I went and picked back up a thread I was supposed to be in yesterday and now I'm having a lot of fun

I like that I've been on the site long enough to be viewed as some sort of elder being, so I can be like "X did Y magic" and people will be like "oh ok so that's how that magic works cool that's site canon" and I can do things like spontaneously create a Dalish folktale and imply some stuff about how the Korcari Wilds work magically speaking and people will go "Oh sweet well I guess that happened in history let's add that to the wiki"

*preens*

How far south are the Korcari wilds livable?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    so much hideous gold leaf

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

*preens*

u are the author and u trapped them

u monster

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

Is there a bojack s2 already, I loved the first season

it came out today

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I'm getting frantic e-mails from group members demanding my portion of a group project

I'm not enrolled in any classes until september?

So I double and triple check

No I'm not enrolled for anything

I was enrolled for a class about now but I dropped it like 3 months ago, I guess the professor never updated his shit and just assigned me to a group

lol?

thanks for the update bro but when can we expect your portion

• Options
    Ack now my other friend wants me to meet her for lunch!

WALKING HURTS RIGHT NOW! But she wants us to eat indian food... i must endure

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    The other day two coworkers were commenting on a post on Facebook during work so I said SHOULDNT YOU TWO BE WORKING

one of them just got laid off. Should I say "wait nvm"

y/n

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    so much hideous gold leaf

Less than he would actually use though.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    [chat] what's your take on this?

I am on a bus next to an guy with a walking cane, probably in his 60s or 70s. A young woman walks past towards the back of the bus, carrying some flowers. The old guy turns to me and, in a friendly manner, asks "Did she buy those for you?" I respond "no" with great confusion. We remained in silence for the rest of the journey, until I got off, when he told me to take care.

It was bizarre and the only conclusions I can come up with is either that it was a really awkward attempt to start a conversation (with a stranger on the bus?), or he was hitting on me?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Third possibility: that was an activation phrase and I'm going to assassinate the Pope tomorrow.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    [chat] what's your take on this?

I am on a bus next to an guy with a walking cane, probably in his 60s or 70s. A young woman walks past towards the back of the bus, carrying some flowers. The old guy turns to me and, in a friendly manner, asks "Did she buy those for you?" I respond "no" with great confusion. We remained in silence for the rest of the journey, until I got off, when he told me to take care.

It was bizarre and the only conclusions I can come up with is either that it was a really awkward attempt to start a conversation (with a stranger on the bus?), or he was hitting on me?

Naw he was just being friendly - people make one-off remarks to strangers on the occasion if the thought strikes them

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    yhXYEKN.png

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    My friend and I were watching Archer season 5 on Netflix, and when it ended, it started playing Bojack automatically.

We were not impressed.

the first two eps aren't great because they're just setting the tone and aren't really part of the arc (tho ep2 does have Patton Oswalt in it)

after that it picks up immensely

tho like i said it is mainly about the characters and story, it isn't like Archer or Rick and Morty or whatever

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

*preens*

"i cast sex magic on ur pensi"

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Speaking of airplane spotters, like in last chat

They were pretty instrumental in terms of bringing to light the extent of the US extraordinary rendition program under Bush.

Essentially this weird gulf stream jet started showing up at various airports around europe after having been identified in some weird business in the middle east. With the help of some online plane spotting community some investigative journalists were able find its movement shipping CIA prisoners from various countries around the world to countries where they could be tortured and questioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendition_aircraft#N44982
    We were able to chart the toing and froing of the private executive jet used at [an abduction in Sweden] partly through the observations of plane-spotters posted on the web and partly through a senior source in the Pakistan Inter Services Intelligence agency (ISI). It was a Gulfstream V Turbo, tailfin number N379P; its flight plans always began at an airstrip in Smithfield, North Carolina, and ended in some of the world's hot spots. It was owned by Premier Executive Transport Services, incorporated in Delaware, a brass plaque company with nonexistent directors, hired by American agents to revive an old CIA tactic from the 1970s, when agency men had kidnapped South American criminals and flown them back to their own countries to face trial so that justice could be rendered. Now "rendering" was being used by the Bush administration to evade justice.

Robert Baer, a CIA case officer in the Middle East until 1997, told us how it works. "We pick up a suspect or we arrange for one of our partner countries to do it. Then the suspect is placed on civilian transport to a third country where, let's make no bones about it, they use torture. If you want a good interrogation, you send someone to Jordan. If you want them to be killed, you send them to Egypt or Syria. Either way, the U.S. cannot be blamed as it is not doing the heavy work."

Sparvy on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So I invited a very long-term friend of mine to my grandma's big birthday party on one of the family properties in the woods where there'll be a bunch of people camping and such.

We've now added another day to it, in which we will be attending a theme park.

It is a good month.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @desc

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com /media/CKI32huW8AEhwH3.jpg:large[/img]

this disgusts me because the hint of something beyond implies hope

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

*preens*

How far south are the Korcari wilds livable?

The whole place, as far as it's been explored, is livable, it's just at some point you come up against where there are a bunch of Chasind and shit and the question becomes "how far south can you live in the Korcari wilds if your definition of 'live' includes anything even remotely related to commonly accepted Thedosian hallmarks of civilization"

I don't think anyone's ever asked the chasind how far south they live, or what's past the wilds, but given that Ferelden is supposed to have a relatively England-esque climate (assuming the planet is the same distance from their sun as ours is), it is probably roughly around that sort of area on the globe (except way further down since Thedas is in the southern hemisphere of whatever planet it's on), and considering how far north you have to go from the UK before things start getting polar, the thought is that there is actually probably a ton of shit down there that we don't know about

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

*preens*

"i cast sex magic on ur pensi"

I could do that and everyone would just be like "Oh duh! Sex magic, obviously"

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    EM - who decides what is real and what is noise? I don't think its so cut and dry.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    @desc

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com /media/CKI32huW8AEhwH3.jpg:large[/img]

this disgusts me because the hint of something beyond implies hope

despair has no meaning without the possibility of hope~

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I beat Old World Blues, and it was excellent. I'm not sure if I'll start Dead Money right away, or stick around the Mojave and do some missions.
    I will warn you that Dead Money will "lock" you in and force you to finish it, with no escape, so be prepared for that. Also, dump most of your gear at your hideout before starting Dead Money, since it will be stripped from you. I enjoyed Dead Money a lot, but the hardships are not for everyone.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.