As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bojack Horseman: Free Churros

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    This show does an amazing job of blending comedy and tragedy. Dunno a better description than that.

I wonder if we get a third season.

Maybe

How about a Mr.Peanutbutter's house Kwanza special . . .

Or maybe a Hank Hippopopalous's Dance-Pop Cosmopolis Hanukkah Omnibus?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    oh god those Olbermanisms in the Uncle Hank ep....

• Options
    Olbermann knocked it out of the park every time on this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMePJM86Ueo

This clip is what sold me on BJH in the first place.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I liked that Bojack was right in that Seal episode he's about the right age to see the fallout of Vietnam but also the kind of guy that would see the need for balance in how we view our soldiers.

Also dibs on muffins is absurd Neal. You hide a product you want behind something nobody wants not in a different part of the store . Also you actually hide it

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'm increasingly amused that Mr. Peanutbutter continues to use the same terrible printing company for his signs and shirts.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Wasn't that Brian Williams in season 1?

• Options
    Bursar wrote: »
    I'm increasingly amused that Mr. Peanutbutter continues to use the same terrible printing company for his signs and shirts.

I like to think Todd Designed all their logos.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Wasn't that Brian Williams in season 1?

It is certainly Keith Olbermann.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So I decided to give this a try and I'm hooked. Binged through the first 10 episodes of Season 1 so far. Wasn't very excited about the first few episodes, but I'm glad I kept watching. I don't think I'd have given it a chance if I hadn't seen this thread, so thank you, thread!

I didn't really expect to like the show. For some reason I thought it'd be more mean-spirited and cynical. Instead, it treats its characters with a sympathy that I really like. And it manages to be consistently hilarious, insightful and, at times, heartbreaking. Brilliant.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    So I decided to give this a try and I'm hooked. Binged through the first 10 episodes of Season 1 so far. Wasn't very excited about the first few episodes, but I'm glad I kept watching. I don't think I'd have given it a chance if I hadn't seen this thread, so thank you, thread!

I didn't really expect to like the show. For some reason I thought it'd be more mean-spirited and cynical. Instead, it treats its characters with a sympathy that I really like. And it manages to be consistently hilarious, insightful and, at times, heartbreaking. Brilliant.

I've been watching the second season, and it really begins to stretch out its limbs, in terms of doing interesting stuff with the characters. I'm not sure how much Bojack Horseman I really want, but, the more they get to work on it, the more the show seems to improve.

• Options
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

The show is cynical for sure, but not really mean-spirited. There are some battles that can't be won, some mistakes that seem inevitable, but at the end of the day, there are other, just as flawed, people out there who will accept you for the kazazzstrophe that you really are.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    On Dianne:
    Oh man, I love her arc this season, because I have been that person, I have made those decisions, and I have suffered those consequences. Or... not consequences?

I've stopped showing up to things, lying to people about what it was I was doing and why I couldn't attend. I've dealt with the depression and the magnification that piles on top when you imagine how one day, your chickens will come home to roost, how all your lies will bite you, and every day you add more lies, and it gets worse and worse...

And I experienced a similar conclusion to hers as well, where it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was, and nobody was as upset with me as I was upset with myself, and I could have been out of it a lot sooner without upsetting people nearly as much as I thought I was.

God, I hope that people in a similar headspace watch her story this season and it resonates with them the way it did with me, and it inspires them to do something about it. It's goddamn inspiring.

• Options
    I wonder how difficult it will be to get a cake for my friend's birthday that says, literally, "Happy birthday Nick with blue frosting in a nice font". I'd imagine it would take going into a bakery and showing them Bojack Horseman.

• Options
    I wonder how difficult it will be to get a cake for my friend's birthday that says, literally, "Happy birthday Nick with blue frosting in a nice font". I'd imagine it would take going into a bakery and showing them Bojack Horseman.

Nah just specify its a joke cake and youll be good.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Little minor thing I just noticed in Season 2, easter egg.
    When Todd finds the Steve Urkel/Stephan urkel machine, in the trash can is the Baby Dinosaur from Dinosaurs.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular

This is probably my favorite running joke in the show, because even though it's never brought up, you can tell that Mr. Peanutbutter is getting more and more angry about it.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    I HAD A BALL
    AT DIANE'S 35TH
    BIRTHDAY AND UNDERLINE
    BALL I DON'T KNOW WHY
    THIS IS SO HARD

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Bojack's Twitter is a great source of comedy.

Did any of you catch that time he gave out his "number" and if you called on a specific time, you hear Bojack drunkenly singing the Horsin' Around song and doing other stuff.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Noone else has mentioned it, but this appeared in my queue, netflix just went super meta:
    Q9coLoh.jpg

I like it. Nice touch.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Noone else has mentioned it, but this appeared in my queue, netflix just went super meta:
    Q9coLoh.jpg

I like it. Nice touch.

They've done similar in the past with Arrested Development and Orange is the New Black characters.

edit: I think Bojack is the first to have the outright Fake title card for Horsin Around tho.

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Q9coLoh.jpg

I like it. Nice touch.

They've done similar in the past with Arrested Development and Orange is the New Black characters.

edit: I think Bojack is the first to have the outright Fake title card for Horsin Around tho.

It's not fake.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    also, if you go into Bojack, the d is missing from episodes

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Q9coLoh.jpg

I like it. Nice touch.

It's not fake.

I only get an intro, it's not like you get full out series of horsin around besides Christmas Special

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Shut up Todd

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    This show starts out weak since it seems like every show starring an alcoholic guy who's a snarky, barely-functional asshole. But then it becomes clear that it's the actual point of the show, that this guy hates himself and cannot escape this self-destructive cycle, and the whole theme is about everyone being unable to find happiness or self-satisfaction with their lives.

And it does this while making stupid animal puns.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    And it does this while making stupid animal puns.

Are there any otter kind?

• Options
    GzxrqR4.jpg

• Options
    You know, they did a Rick & Morty crossover with the Simpsons; they might as well do a BoJack Horseman crossover as well.

Homer and BoJack have a lot in common. They're both 1,200 pound alcoholic '90s icons who have become self-parodies.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Does Bojack have hooves for feet?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Nah, human style

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Nah, human style

I guess that gets around this problem.
    comic386.png

Kadoken on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bojack plays fast and loose with anatomy.

Bird people don't have wings but can fly by flapping their arms.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    And then makes a very disturbing episode about friend chickens and food chickens.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Glue factories are mentioned a few times and apparently bedbugs are a slightly bigger issue than in our world.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Maggots are fly pupae. How can there be adult maggots walking around?

It's craaaaaazy!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

It's craaaaaazy!

Some people just never grow up. :P

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options

It's craaaaaazy!

Are we sure those are maggots? They could be mealworms or grubs or something, right? Inchworms? I am not a bug expert.

• Options

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    ep1
    man bojack never had a chance with his parents...
    bojack was depressed even as a kid: him asking secretariat what he does when he gets sad :3
    I lost it when the girl trips over the cable and loses her face
    oh shit I'm not an actor
    I do the crossword in sharpie and I never learned the shortcut for undo/ its command z/dont need it, wont use it
    lol @ the debras face memorial
    you were born broken, thats your birthright... wow
    youre bojack horseman, theres no cure for that

ep 2 - was also a goddamn riot.
    I felt like ep 3-6 were great on the drama, but not as funny as 1 and 2, which had me in stitches
    7, 8 and 11 were fantastic
    12 had some good bits but a bit of a comedown after the peak (depth?) of 11

all in all s2 demolished in 2 days, definitely a step up on s1