As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bojack Horseman: Free Churros

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Dad joke level animal puns and crushing ennui, who knew that could be a show.

It is the best combination I never knew I needed.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I think Bojack should just stay away from the planetarium from now on.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Did nobody see the best easter egg during the Whale park commercial?
    an out of costume Vincet Adultman and one of his buddys are getting a private dance

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Did nobody see the best easter egg during the Whale park commercial?
    an out of costume Vincet Adultman and one of his buddys are getting a private dance

I didn't even notice until JUST NOW but the Celebrity Stealing Club shows up again in S3 too.

Sadly without their trademark Stealing Club theme song.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Watched ep 6 and part of 7 last night.

No. 6 is my favorite so far. Which says something since there's little BoJack in it and spends more time with the other characters.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Probably my fav background gag in S3 was the books in the library in E11
    "The Joy of Mating"
    "Animal Husbandry"
    "Human Wifery"

Now that the season's done, time to go stare at a blank wall for a couple hours. Such is Bojack.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    This show may have gotten too depressing for me

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    watched the last 4 episodes last night. Goddamn what a good season.

End of episode 11? (The last two episodes kind of blended for me, it was real late)
    Todd's final "Fuck......what's left to say?"

that hit like a ton of bricks.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Watched the last five in a row last night thanks to Win10 needing to do that update.

Thought #1:
    The season seemed to me to be about running away from consequences for Bojack. That last scene of him watching the...herd(?) really emphasized that to me. It isn't that Bojack can't navigate his life. It's that he simply cannot choose to deal with the consequences. From not getting the Oscar nod (the bender) to firing the head chef at this restaurant (outright ignored) Bojack does the thing to start the event but that's it.
    Thought #2:
    So the blackouts have me concerned. The weeks on end part especially. And in conjunction with his stomach issues, I don't know if season four might not be the last. You can easily say that the stomach part was his nerves due to thought #1, but given the whole direction of the story, it wouldn't surprise me to see that just as he is getting himself put together that the writers kill him.
    Thought #3:
    I'm really hoping that they're really letting Todd be asexual instead of something stupid such as "rudderless millennial" status. Also, there's not a bank on this Earth that would let a eight million dollar tip go through on a twelve dollar charge. So I'm hoping that he still has that money and it's not chalked up to a Todd's being stupid moment.

All of that said, I think my favorite episode is No. 10 followed closely by No. 6. It was a great season overall and I'm waiting to see what the next one gives us.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I watched the last two episodes yesterday and I am still trying to unpack everything.
    I really thought they might let Bojack crash, he really seemed like he wanted it. Just give in and accept how terrible he has acted for most of his life. I am surprised that Sara Lynn died, not because it does not fit with the show but I thought she could be a way for him to gain redemption, at least in part. When I realized he was about to run into Penny again I actually had to pause it and brace myself. And then when she called to talk to him I wanted to hear that conversation so badly.

I am not sure how to interpret the scene with the herd. The look on his face was happy but about what? I know at the end of S2 they had the running bit and I assume having this season end the same way has a meaning but I am not sure what.

I am definitely going to watch the whole season again a few times to catch everything. The impact of those final 2 episodes, and really the whole season in general, had elevated this to one of my favorite shows. Now the wait for season 4.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I watched the last two episodes yesterday and I am still trying to unpack everything.
    I really thought they might let Bojack crash, he really seemed like he wanted it. Just give in and accept how terrible he has acted for most of his life. I am surprised that Sara Lynn died, not because it does not fit with the show but I thought she could be a way for him to gain redemption, at least in part. When I realized he was about to run into Penny again I actually had to pause it and brace myself. And then when she called to talk to him I wanted to hear that conversation so badly.

I am not sure how to interpret the scene with the herd. The look on his face was happy but about what? I know at the end of S2 they had the running bit and I assume having this season end the same way has a meaning but I am not sure what.

I am definitely going to watch the whole season again a few times to catch everything. The impact of those final 2 episodes, and really the whole season in general, had elevated this to one of my favorite shows. Now the wait for season 4.
    That wasn't Penny who wanted to talk to him.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options

That wasn't Penny who wanted to talk to him.

Oh shit! That makes it even more intriguing! Yeah I definitely need to re-watch this whole season.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I just rewatched the last episode of season 1.

While Bojack is giving his Golden Globes speech, it briefly cuts to the crowd and you see Beyonce sitting at a table. She's wearing a boot-cast, obviously still in recovery from slipping on all Bojack's single dollar bills.

Next to her is definitely her husband, Jay-Zebra.

They're on screen for like, 5 seconds, max. God, I love the details in this show.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya I don't think I've had a series rewatch yet where I didn't catch something new, and I've rewatched the series an embarrassing amount.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016

edit: oh, insta embeds don't have the caption.
    Hello Bojack season 4. I see you.

Tav on
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Every now and then I start humming the ringtone the show uses and I was wondering if there's a good quality sound bite of that for download out there. It's really catchy!!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    The Horsin' Around ringtone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_2g1Y8oFE

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Binged Bojack Horseman. Good stuff.
    That one particular episode in season two where he visits Charlotte was so hard to watch knowing he was going to find some way to scar her and her family....and then do it again a year later.

Also why do I love Mr. Peanutbutter so much? He's one of the least funniest characters on the show but he might be my favorite.

I guess he's just so cheesily optimisic that it's hard not to appreciate him as the anti-Bojack.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Binged Bojack Horseman. Good stuff.
    That one particular episode in season two where he visits Charlotte was so hard to watch knowing he was going to find some way to scar her and her family....and then do it again a year later.

Also why do I love Mr. Peanutbutter so much? He's one of the least funniest characters on the show but he might be my favorite.

I guess he's just so cheesily optimisic that it's hard not to appreciate him as the anti-Bojack.

I always want to know if it is a crossover episode, too. Mr. PB and I are on the same wavelength.

• Options
    Mr. PB is like Paul F. Thompkins' Louise Belcher - the animated role he was born to play.

• Options
    When you realize Mr Peanut butter is just your dog but ever so slightly smarter he really clicks

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    He's a good boy.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Watched a good chunk of Season 3 today. Fish Out Of Water was great.

Those goddamned spaghetti strainers better have a payoff!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Oh

oh they do

Non-story spoiler
    The whole season comes full circle in a really satisfying way.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    When you realize Mr Peanut butter is just your dog but ever so slightly smarter he really clicks
    I was kind of sad they didn't spend more time on the Labrador Peninsula or have Bojack there.

Seems like a fun place.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    I was kind of sad they didn't spend more time on the Labrador Peninsula or have Bojack there.

Seems like a fun place.

i hope we see more of it, if only for more Weird Al

also until well after I finished the season, I did not know that the Labrador Peninsula was a real place.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    That was Weird Al?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

Seems like a fun place.

i hope we see more of it, if only for more Weird Al

also until well after I finished the season, I did not know that the Labrador Peninsula was a real place.

There is also Chesapeake Bay, which is also a dog.

I'm hoping for some kind of Lab/Chessie gang war.

• Options
    Man. Fuck Bojack.
    I really wanted to believe the thing with Penny was a misunderstanding. But nah, he really is the worst.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Man. Fuck Bojack.
    I really wanted to believe the thing with Penny was a misunderstanding. But nah, he really is the worst.

Well he did say he was not sure he would have actually gone through with it. The ambiguity is just enough that I don't feel too bad hoping things get better for him.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Man. Fuck Bojack.

Well he did say he was not sure he would have actually gone through with it. The ambiguity is just enough that I don't feel too bad hoping things get better for him.

Of course he thinks he'd have done it. Bojack hates himself

• Options
    Man. Fuck Bojack.

Of course he thinks he'd have done it. Bojack hates himself

Exactly. That's why it's eating at him. He doesn't know if he could make the "right" choice or not. With so many of his other choices having had less than excellent outcomes, he has a thousand questions for what this outcome could be.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Armoroc wrote: »
    Every now and then I start humming the ringtone the show uses and I was wondering if there's a good quality sound bite of that for download out there. It's really catchy!!

I have the song from the opening credits as my ring tone yep. You should be able to find it, I think I just googled it.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Also we finished the latest season last night and dang, man.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    A trailer for Season 4 just dropped, and it's mostly Bojack-less....

New episodes September 8!

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    A trailer for Season 4 just dropped, and it's mostly Bojack-less....

New episodes September 8!

Probably BoJack's daughter: Ever since I was a baby, people have said I look like BoJack Horseman.

Todd: That's a terrible thing to say to a baby!

:lol:

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    "Would you, could you, with a mouse?"

Ahh yes, I've missed this show

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    That big thing they showed with Mr Peanutbutter and Diane..... Hopefully it's a fakeout because damn......

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

Allison Brie (Diane) put up this promotional graphic.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.