As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"I said come in! Don't just stand there!" (S.T.A.L.K. T.A.L.K.)

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Suds wrote: »

That is looking pretty damn snazzy.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    :(

My computer can not run that.

Anyone have a super-computer I can use?

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So got to the bar, bought the Obdoken? So I think I'm going to do some sidequest before I head to horrorville. Any you guys recomend? I also wanted to ask if you can join Duty or Freedom at his point. I was kind of leaning towards Duty, but I don't know.

Edit: I'd also like to know where I could the SEVA suit, as I hear it will last a while.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is it actually possible to join the factions or can you just get friendly with them so they turn into green dots?

vhzod on
  • Options
    UpfishUpfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    vhzod wrote: »
    Is it actually possible to join the factions or can you just get friendly with them so they turn into green dots?

You can join Duty or Freedom by doing a lot of their missions. However, some of Freedom's missions are bugged, so it's not a sure thing for them.

Upfish on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That gameplay looks so good.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Upfish wrote: »
    vhzod wrote: »

You can join Duty or Freedom by doing a lot of their missions. However, some of Freedom's missions are bugged, so it's not a sure thing for them.
    Yeah, I never could get "accepted" enough to be allowed into the armory, so one night I stood out by the treadless tank next to the bridge and sniped the guard with the Vintorez. Since it was silenced and dark, and because I waited for the tower sentries to be looking the other direction, I never got in trouble for it and was able to get into the armory any time I wanted afterwards.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Did that "fetch the gun" mission for Duty. Damn, that's a sweet rifle. To keep it or to hand it in... hmm hmm.

Well, it's not a proper sniper rifle, so I guess I'll hand it in.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Did that "fetch the gun" mission for Duty. Damn, that's a sweet rifle. To keep it or to hand it in... hmm hmm.

Well, it's not a proper sniper rifle, so I guess I'll hand it in.

The one from the drunk Dutyer at the bar? I'm thinking about doing it.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    No, the one from the Duty general. It's a silenced TRs 301 with damn high accuracy, but single-shot only.

edit: oh snap, never mind. Just saw the quest reward. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    JPatrickJPatrick Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No, the one from the Duty general. It's a silenced TRs 301 with damn high accuracy, but single-shot only.

edit: oh snap, never mind. Just saw the quest reward. :P

Is that the one where you have to meet the cook first in the freedom compound?
    I have the mark on the map for that one but he never shows up.

JPatrick on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    No, you get a mission from the Duty general to grab a modified sniper rifle from a bunch of mercs up in one corner of Warehouse section.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So, that quest about the nest of Bloodsuckers, and the big burly one, what's the reward? If I'm going to pee my pants with fear I hope it's worth something.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    JPatrickJPatrick Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No, you get a mission from the Duty general to grab a modified sniper rifle from a bunch of mercs up in one corner of Warehouse section.

Ah. The same guy asked me to steal a bulldog ( I think thats what its called) from the freedom guys.
    But I have to talk to the cook first, but he never shows up to the spot on the map.
    I think it may be broken somehow.

JPatrick on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I accepted that mission, went to my stash in the bar, got out my Bulldog and gave that to him. :P
    There's a Bulldog in the basement in one of the houses in the bloodsucker village.

Echo on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone else not really care for missions? I don't like the PDA interface, and the day time limit is kind of lame. I just wander around amassing weapons and stuff, then move through the main missions.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Anyone else not really care for missions? I don't like the PDA interface, and the day time limit is kind of lame. I just wander around amassing weapons and stuff, then move through the main missions.

Yeah, it started ok, but now I just tend to think "god damnit!" when I get a random mission on the PDA.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I don't find it too hard to get missions done, I just do them one at a time, then head back to collect the reward and go for the next one.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Do the bloodsucker mission, it's fun.

goggles on
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just watched that 25min video, looks sweet.

Fuck the techno, however.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fuck you Kruglov, why couldn't you have called me at a better time?

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The great thing about missions is that you pick and choose though, so if they get overwhelming, you just leave them and there's no penalty or anything.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The great thing about missions is that you pick and choose though, so if they get overwhelming, you just leave them and there's no penalty or anything.

I suppose but once you just happen upon him I can't let his (Artificial)life end.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Xtarath wrote: »

I suppose but once you just happen upon him I can't let his (Artificial)life end.

I found mole, got him to lead me to his hole. But this didn't complete the quest, and he wandered back into the base, got shot, and died, failing me the quest. :lol:

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xtarath wrote: »

I found mole, got him to lead me to his hole. But this didn't complete the quest, and he wandered back into the base, got shot, and died, failing me the quest. :lol:

Same. Hey, I'm not the dude's mother, he can do whatever he wants after I already saved him the first time.

subedii on
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

On my second playthrough (Obivion Lost) I rescued Mole, left him at the hole (completed quest), and went down the hole.

When I came back up to get more ammo (before finishing the tunnels), his corpse was being fought over by three dogs. One ran off, one dog killed the other, and the victor grabbed his leg and started dragging his body away.

It was pretty cool.

And then I came to my senses and shot the dog in the face on principal.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Funny thing was, going down there was optional because I had already gotten the plans by busting in the front door and shooting everyone. Whoops. still, that passageway is sweet and worth doing.

I love non-linear options.

I actually bought this game when it first came out, but haven't played it again till now because my old PC couldn't handle it.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You don't have to run through the tunnel? Shit I've done that every play through, getting out in the middle of the fucking army base doesn't make it easier.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You don't have to run through the tunnel? Shit I've done that every play through, getting out in the middle of the fucking army base doesn't make it easier.

It's not strictly necessary, it's just that the 'find Strelok' questline coincides with the Agroprom mission; coupled with the scripted attack on Mole's group, you're sort of funneled into the tunnels afterwards. If anything it almost works better in reverse, sneaking into the base then escaping through the tunnels. There are a few different entry points above ground, and if you go in at night you stand a good chance of getting into the main building undetected.

Getting out... sort of less so.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah that happens a lot and I hope Clear Sky doesn't do that, where you walk into an area and they drop like 4 missions on you. But I'm loving this play through on Oblivion Lost right now, sooo many great changes for the better. Bought an SA80 from the barkeep, and was like, wonder if you can put a silencer on this? Hell yes, so now I have a scoped silenced assault rifle of doom. And I found an H&K PDW lying around and switched my Mp5 out for it as my secondary. That thing is sweet close range, especially with those 40 round clips.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wooh, bugged quests.

Accepted the "kill the sniper" quest from Skull, then decided to go tattle to the Freedom guys to get on their good side. Sniper is still hostile to me.

I squeal on Skull's gang, get the mission to go kill them with a Freedom squad.

Right after the Duty deserters die, their mission fails. Somehow this makes all of Freedom go hostile on me. Lots of reloading couldn't solve this no matter what.

Ah well, guess I'll have to wipe out Freedom then.

Echo on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dudes,
    STOP BUYING GUNS.
    Traders charge far too much.

and real man enter the army base trough the tunnels then proceed to kill EVERY ONE inside.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yes I agree with Stormwatcher.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I dunno, that Hunting Shotgun was damn cheap and insanely powerful.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dudes,
    STOP BUYING GUNS.

and real man enter the army base trough the tunnels then proceed to kill EVERY ONE inside.

Lure the soldiers at the beginning to the first base and get free guns. Though, you'll actually have to help the STALKERs, because they'll get raped by the military without help.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I need a wheelbarrow to cart all my newly stolen guns in.

Echo on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't think I've ever infiltrated the army base correctly. Wait for night time? Bugger that. I have a shotgun and lots ammo.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Dudes,
    STOP BUYING GUNS.

Lure the soldiers at the beginning to the first base and get free guns. Though, you'll actually have to help the STALKERs, because they'll get raped by the military without help.

Need help, they fucking needed an army, most were decimated before I got there.

Also, the Kruglov mission was hard, if only from my own undoing, I ran out of ammo for my Viper 5 and obdokan, and brought the wrong pistol ammo.

The family rifle quest lead to me meeting Mr.Freeman and taking his great pistol, but I wondered where the Bloodsucker was.

He wandered into an eletric anomaly.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What's the latest version of this game? Is it 1.0005?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    What's the latest version of this game? Is it 1.0005?

1.0006, but that's multiplayer only.

Xtarath on
This discussion has been closed.