As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On]Zombie Master Beta Release!!

1235»

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I quite like the loading screen, and I have to say those new weapon models are pretty neat.

But god, some of the new players are really, really bad. You'd think they'd never played anything online, ever.

No, I'm not being lame or exploitative. I'm making five- count them- Shamblers in a nice wide avenue. And they die if you poke them with a stick. If you try and box with them, it's your own damn fault if they bite off your face.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    GroovyMr1337GroovyMr1337 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Woot. Installing now, looks sweet.

GroovyMr1337 on
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have HL2:DM from the current ATI deal going on. Can I play it with just HL2:DM? Because this game looks fucknig sweet. If not I might go actually buy HL2.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    If you also have the Source SDK installed, then yeah, it'll run just fine.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Forgive my ignorance, but I started up the mod, got in a game, and watched players play for 15 minutes and quit the server. How long are the rounds supposed to last? I am really not that patient.

I went to another server, I believe the map was backwoods, and ran with some other players when it started. Somehow got stuck in a river and died. Was annoyed at having to wait through another round and quit.

Is this common ?

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yes, but it does depend on the map. It can be pretty aggrevating on the custom maps with a "survival" objective.

I guess it also depends on the players/Zombie Master too, as a poor Master can take ages to take down a survivor team (which themselves must also be pretty crap to take so long to complete their objectives).

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I was playing this last night and of course, my 2nd round I'm the ZM. So here I am, with only half an idea what to do. Fortunately, the survivors were doing fuck-all to get their objectives, so I managed to kill all of them. Twas a good learning experience.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    :lol:

That'll teach them!

But sometimes I really don't understand what's so hard to grasp about objectives. Granted a lot of custom maps have vague or downright nonsensical objectives, but most make it blindingly clear what you have to do, and instead half of the survivors will mill around pointlessly and complain when they get killed.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The map where you have to break into a bunker, turn off the power so that the shield encircling the bunker goes down and then running out in pitch blackness to victory is an awesome map.

Oh and Charge is also cool, I always play the starship troopers theme and yell "COME ON YOU APES YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What's the name of the other zombie mod? The zombie team starts off with 1 or 2 zombies and the human team has to escape or last as long as possible before they all get eaten by the zombies (and then become a zombie). It used to be on Steam but it isn't there anymore.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Wow, this new version is awesome. I am particularly fond of the gas station one and highvoltage, a facility where you have to escape.

GroovyMr1337 on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The gas station one is pretty cool. I actually almost got a little understanding about how to do the zombie master class.

Gas station didn't run so hot on my pc, though. I wonder if I need to do somethin.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    rayofash wrote: »
    What's the name of the other zombie mod? The zombie team starts off with 1 or 2 zombies and the human team has to escape or last as long as possible before they all get eaten by the zombies (and then become a zombie). It used to be on Steam but it isn't there anymore.

http://www.zombiepanic.org
    It's not out yet for source

The Count Of Midget Fisto on
    In Low Orbit Over Budapest
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I decided to bump this instead of the CS:S thread because people seem to have lost their appetite for that. Because Captain K isn't playing.

So. Anyone want to dive into a server? The hotfix appears to have addressed the spec bug people were talking/complaining about elsewhere.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I decided to bump this instead of the CS:S thread because people seem to have lost their appetite for that. Because Captain K isn't playing.

So. Anyone want to dive into a server? The hotfix appears to have addressed the spec bug people were talking/complaining about elsewhere.

Lets do this.
    Ventrilo?

GroovyMr1337 on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    hey so we are playing a game

check dis out: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=26754

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    hahahah

Oh man, I just played a round as the Zombie Master on the new minerinconvenience. Put shortly, the ammo truck now has a manipulate option that throws it forty feet into the fucking air. It was so goddamn satisfying to catapult a bunch of camping newbies into the lake pit.

Some decent custom maps are starting to surface too, but a lot never make it past beta. Someone let me know if they find a map called deadconquest (or similar), as I played a WIP build and loved it.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png