Options

[Terraria] Thread: Dig, Fight, Explore, Build!

1161718192022»

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    The Zenith is insane, yeah. It exists just to be the reward for collecting ALL the swords.

I've got all but two achievements on Steam and... I still never want to fish that much. I hate the angler, that little jerk.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Yeah fishing is kind of a pain.

That's the main reason I'm so bummed I lost my Cell Phone. Several of the components for crafting it are random fishing rewards.

And I'd forgotten that you can only do one fishing quest per day.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    ... I still never want to fish that much. I hate the angler, that little jerk.

I don't ever remember to do the daily fishing, but I do like crate fishing at certain points. I can see how people would not like the mechanics but it works for me.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I can't say I've enjoyed doing Angler quests, just that I somehow had the discipline to warp home at 4:30 every morning, get it out of the way and go back to what I was doing before. It's actually a good way to remind yourself to deposit your moneys just in case you die in the Dungeon or something.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Well, I lost my Cell Phone.

Must've accidentally dropped it somewhere while shuffling a full inventory.

Shit.

Managed to craft the Zenith though. God what a weapon. Makes all the bosses a breeze.

I think I'm actually out of things to do in Terraria.

Other than just... buildin' stuff for fun, I guess.

Have you created a Museum of Everything?

• Options
    RT800 wrote: »
    Well, I lost my Cell Phone.

Must've accidentally dropped it somewhere while shuffling a full inventory.

Shit.

Managed to craft the Zenith though. God what a weapon. Makes all the bosses a breeze.

I think I'm actually out of things to do in Terraria.

Other than just... buildin' stuff for fun, I guess.

Have you created a Museum of Everything?

Not yet. I started with a Moon Lord museum, where I made a room of Luminite Bricks and displayed all the Moon Lord's drops.

Then Vortex/Stardust/Solar/Nebula brick rooms to display all their craftables.

I guess I could expand it to include a room for every boss and every monster drop.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I've only managed to down the 3 mech bosses so far. Just crafted my package axe, and plan to go farm some chlorophite tonight. The stormbow with holy arrows is kind of insane. But for practical uses like underground, I like the shadowbow thing I got off a goblin.

I gotta kill planters and then play with the cleaner thing to try and fix a bunch of the corruption in the world.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I've only managed to down the 3 mech bosses so far. Just crafted my package axe, and plan to go farm some chlorophite tonight. The stormbow with holy arrows is kind of insane. But for practical uses like underground, I like the shadowbow thing I got off a goblin.

I gotta kill planters and then play with the cleaner thing to try and fix a bunch of the corruption in the world.

The Clorophite Shotbow is an excellent alternative to the stormbow for fighting Plantera. Can even still use holy arrows, as the stars they spawn ignore foreground blocks until they get pretty close to the target. Especially since you'll want to fight/kite planters in a part of the Underground Jungle with a lot of space to avoid seeds and keep out of reach in her second phase.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    moonlord down! ended up just building a rail across the sky of my world and just zipped away from him while shooting back at him with chlorophyte bullets and the vortex beater. it was actually much easier than doing the stupid pillars. i went through the process again and got full vortex armor too now. just need to do it 1-2 more times and i can make the drill containment unit too.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    the pillars are interesting because if you don't spoil yourself, the first go is HARD. Knowing that one of the pillars punishes you if you are in the air was kind of mind blowing. Once that first shock wears off though, setting up where they are at makes them much easier to manage, and the fact that breaking them is just killing X number of things so you can start and stop as needed.

Way to go on killing the moon lord though! I hated that fight.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Started playing with my partner. I did not realise Journey characters are essentially creative mode. Does this lock me out of anything content wise? They are really poor at explaining what things do unless you wiki it first.

Assuming it doesn’t lock us out of anything fun, this actually has a lot of merits. Most notably in that once I’ve got a lot of something it’s more or less a “yep don’t with that forever” mechanic.

And honestly, I don’t mind that. I am here to build forts to intimidate penguins dammit.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    You can still get Expert/Master goodies in Journey, so long as the difficulty slider is set to the appropriate level.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I started a playthrough on expert and with crimson this time around. Gonna try a mage too. So far I got a diamond robe and Tim's wizard hat, and a ruby staff. I also got the crimson staff but I think that's a summoner item. I still used it to help on the brain though. It wasn't too crazy a fight after I went in with all the buffs up. Now just gotta do the meteorite and obsidian/hellstone farm and then skeletor and dungeon. Hopefully I'll be able to get something better than the Ruby staff.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    This is the third time I've had to wade back into this game to defend my 100% achievement status.

Of course they added an achievement for having the cell phone.

RT800 on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Xbox just got the 3 weird achievements, Deer Clops, Golden earthworm meal thing and drink water while drowning(?) how odd.

I guess I can anticipate these steam achievements in the future, guess I could work on a corruption/Crimson less world now.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Jesus fucking Christ, all I want is a bottomless water bucket.

I decided to start a new world since it's a guaranteed reward for the 25th fishing quest. I've been using the bed to sleep and accelerate time to get the quests faster.

But I'm on my 5th fucking blood moon in 8 days, which the game doesn't allow your character to sleep through and I just have to stand around defending myself while time passes at the normal glacial pace. Like the devs somehow thought, "No! Blood Moons are fun and you should be forced to endure them!"

But all my gear is end game and blood moons do nothing but waste my fucking time.

RT800 on
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    You can skip blood moons with an enchanted sundial. And as of 1.4.4, the sundial automatically regains charge once a blood moon starts, so the default 7 in-game days delay no longer stops you from skipping consecutive blood moons.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    You can skip blood moons with an enchanted sundial. And as of 1.4.4, the sundial automatically regains charge once a blood moon starts, so the default 7 in-game days delay no longer stops you from skipping consecutive blood moons.

Good to know. I finally managed to get my bucket, so I kinda don't need it anymore but who knows what the future may bring.