As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All I want for Secret Shamblers is a moose and some new content [SE++ WoW]

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    don't get me started on that suppression room

newStatsPane.jpg

finally

less spreadsheet

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Is that the base ui?

edited April 2016
    that is the new character panel for Legion

Xehalus on
    Excellent

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    That is so Diablo looking and I love it

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I'm glad they're still using Bananas

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Does Versatility still have the same effect, or has it been tweaked to be less lackluster?

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    newStatsPane.jpg

finally

less spreadsheet

you're a chuad

edited April 2016
    chaud the mawbs with my firebawl

Xehalus on
    Engineering bros, our goggles have arrived
    yNYfNds.jpg

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    BWL was a really good raid
    Too punishing and too long by modern standards, but well designed with challenge beyond MC's "your gear is bad and your friends are dumb" level

The stacking of super hard bosses right at the start was a completely shitty thing to do to the playerbase.

"You know how Molten Core is already super tough in ways nothing really prepares you for? yeah we want even fewer people to see anything else."

Like, I don't want a game that I'm paying money for to intentionally gatekeep the vast majority of people from seeing the new content.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Enhance was also ridiculous in PvP, those Windfury crits would make anything dead instantly.

But PvP was ridiculous in general back then. If you think it's unbalanced now, it was absolute madness when it was first tacked on.

Once upon a time I was poking around thottbot (back when it mattered) and came across the blacksmithing plans for an arcanite reaper.

It's average DPS wasn't really impressive. Brain hackers and other similar purples and high level blues had better DPS than it did.

But none of those weapons had a 3.8 swing speed. At a time when slow swing speed meant massive attack power bonuses, and super high hitting special attacks for warriors.

I mentioned at another forum (before I posted at PA) that I was gonna farm the plans and get me that axe.

They dismissed the weapon's value. They laughed at me!

Then I got that axe right around when warriors got the patch that fixed their glitch of everything reporting as a miss, and dodged special attacks finally started triggering overpower like they were supposed to. I also respecced properly into arms and fury.

For a brief part of WoW history, I became Terry Tate: Horde Linebacker.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I could not get my shamans hands on a good 2 hander until I got dumb lucky and got a earthshaker which while not good was hilarious

Stormstrike resetting your attack cd meant you get rng dreams windfury, earthshaker double procs whete to beautiful for this world

icGJy2C.png
  • MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    MC wasn't hard. As long as you had fire resist and enough brains to handle a couple mostly-easy mechanics per boss, you won.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    MC was good for making "Try to kill the raid leader with the bomb" into a game.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    MC was good for making "Try to kill the raid leader with the bomb" into a game.

True masters could accomplish this with a single whisper to their target.

Also mages competing to see who could Iceblock the highest up.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »
    MC wasn't hard. As long as you had fire resist and enough brains to handle a couple mostly-easy mechanics per boss, you won.

mc was a stroll until domo and rag, who actually had mechanics people needed to learn and gear checks

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Mercade wrote: »

mc was a stroll until domo and rag, who actually had mechanics people needed to learn and gear checks

Most fights in MC were simple tank and spank, except when you got to Domo. I hope you have like 5 more decent tanks!

Garr, also. We had four tanks and four warlocks for that shit.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
    Baron Geddon was fun times if the DPS was having tunnel vision.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Tales from Mythic raiding.
    We're 9/13, we've put over 120 attempts into velhari.

And just today I discovered that our tanks
    Paladin: Literally doesnt use shield of the righteous (no. Really.), or Glyph of Divine Protection
    Death Knight: Rarely uses Death Strike (about 25 casts over 5 minutes)

And our healers
    Mistweaver: Basically doesnt use uplift (8 casts over 5 minutes)
    Holy paladin: Certain skills that are to be used off cooldown are not actually being used off cooldown (holding stuff for a solid minute when its cooldown is actually a minute)
    Shaman: Does half healing of what they should be on average (I dont even understand this one, perfect amount of casts, 1/3rd the healing amount on average)

I dont know how we even got this far.
    Valor is a hell of a drug.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    That's genuinely impressive. How on earth do your tanks not get squashed if your healers are playing so fucking weird?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    edited April 2016
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    That's genuinely impressive. How on earth do your tanks not get squashed if your healers are playing so fucking weird?

Im going with having ridiculous ilvls.
    But also our tanks being squashed is part of the reason velhari is not dead yet.
    50% of our velhari wipes are "Tank died again"
    The other 50% are "Someone didnt get out with edict (phase 3)/Someone didnt get into edict (phase 1)" which theoretically we could just outheal but thats not happening.

edit: I should note one of our healers is a super good resto druid. The other healer is a priest (disc I think?) I have no idea how good she is because she wasnt there on the day I took/reviewed these logs.

Zenyatoo on
    edited April 2016
    Xehalus on
    edited April 2016
    So the movie panel at pax was pretty good. It's obvious Jones's heart is in the right place with the movie, and they showed a slightly modified version of the trailer before this one that had some of the cgi cleaned up (probably more final) where the visuals were much better than the stuff they've shown thus far.

Either that or it just looks better on a large screen

rhylith on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

Paladin: Literally doesnt use shield of the righteous (no. Really.), or Glyph of Divine Protection

And our healers
    Holy paladin: Certain skills that are to be used off cooldown are not actually being used off cooldown (holding stuff for a solid minute when its cooldown is actually a minute)
    Shaman: Does half healing of what they should be on average (I dont even understand this one, perfect amount of casts, 1/3rd the healing amount on average)

the only thing i can think of regarding the shaman is that she's healing non-ideal targets? shaman mastery heals more on targets that have less hp. i don't think it explains that much of a discrepancy though.

Adus wrote: »

And our healers

the only thing i can think of regarding the shaman is that she's healing non-ideal targets? shaman mastery heals more on targets that have less hp. i don't think it explains that much of a discrepancy though.

from my understanding the totem just... pulses out a heal every 2 seconds to everybody(?) in its range. or something like that. I dont think there's any target selection involved. Im not sure if she's just maybe placing it in the wrong place(s) and its not healing as many people as it could be?

Healing is weird.

And our healers

Which really doesn't mean much on Tyrant, because you spend 2/3 of the fight at lower health. Shamans (and Paladins) dominate that fight. Shamans because of their mastery, and Paladins because they are slimy overpowered pieces of slime (I kid, they make my job easier).

• AdusAdus Registered User regular

And our healers

from my understanding the totem just... pulses out a heal every 2 seconds to everybody(?) in its range. or something like that. I dont think there's any target selection involved. Im not sure if she's just maybe placing it in the wrong place(s) and its not healing as many people as it could be?

Healing is weird.

if we're just talking about healing tide, then yes poor placement could be an explanation. its range is 40 yards which is a decent spread given that room size, but it still might not be reaching as many as it could be.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    If any of you nerds play this dumb Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes game, I made a guild in it called Wampa Malk
    Apparently "milk" is considered inappropriate

mkc.png
    Whale Milk

mythic tyrant down.

The DK left because he got salty or something.
    We slotted in a 720 tank, (746 legendary ring, no gear from anything further than council)
    Dead in like 10 pulls.

It's incredible what having an actual tank who uses actual fucking tank abilities can do.

P.S. Holy shit Xhul what the fuck is this even, why are both adds up at the same time this is the worst noooooo

mythic tyrant down.

We slotted in a 720 tank, (746 legendary ring, no gear from anything further than council)
    Dead in like 10 pulls.

It's incredible what having an actual tank who uses actual fucking tank abilities can do.

P.S. Holy shit Xhul what the fuck is this even, why are both adds up at the same time this is the worst noooooo

I honestly feel like Mythic fights is less Blizzard carefully balancing and more "Hey you know what would be really obnoxious to players?"

Mythic Xhul is shit because it's "I hope you got Rogues and Mages": The Fight.

This is a lot of Mythic fights. Remember Mythic Blast Furnace where it was entirely based on whether or not you had a Priest to mind control specific mobs?

Yep. Literally couldn't do the fight without at least one. It's a bit crazy that most places will tell you that running 4 mages and 3 rogues is the way to go for Xhul. Goddamned ridiculous.

We've actually got a pretty decent looking comp for it. Couple rogues, Couple mages, few hunters, 3 tanks to help out with the bullshit that is both adds + xhul. a WW monk who is doing absolutely absurd damage in that first phase. ETC. The only thing we're short on at the moment is Death Knights actually.
    Madican wrote: »
    mythic tyrant down.

Dead in like 10 pulls.

I honestly feel like Mythic fights is less Blizzard carefully balancing and more "Hey you know what would be really obnoxious to players?"

The whole concept of the first phase is really weird/dumb IMO. I like that Xhul keeps his adds mechanics (and empowers them) it's a nice addition to the fight.
    But god, having to be dealing with strikes AND fel flurry? There are not enough cooldowns in the world. At least I can block fel flurry (I think at least). Fel strike sits squarely on that list of unblockable moves that deal armor ignoring damage, and so your only recourse is high health and big cooldowns that you can use often and woops guess what paladins dont have either of.

This discussion has been closed.