Options

Return to the [MTG] Thread — Draw and Go Fuck Yourself: The Legend of Lantern Control

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    sorry but as long as a plains is still just a boring grass field instead of a cool desert they've failed

also mythic spoiler's facebook is running a contest to guess the text of Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    grass fields forever, deserts never

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    honestly ultimately i just want a good variety represented

i think islands were the winners in the art department on the zendikar full arts, with everyone else just all kind of being weird in the same floating way

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The Veronique Meignaud Zendikar swamp is the best swamp art ever. The second best is any Mirage swamp and the third best is any Lorwyn swamp.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    339.jpg

This is the best swamp.

I also really like the Innistrad graveyard swamps and this one which I guess is some super rare promo.

10.jpg

I am also partial to the super blurry fifth edition swamps for some reason?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ARENA_75 is the best plains, but they are fucking impossible to find.
    EURO_8 is the best mountain, also fuckoff hard to find.
    8327 is the best island. Easy to find!

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Some of my personal favorite basic lands:
    island374.jpgImage.ashx?multiverseid=26302&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=2764&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=3578&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=4411&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=3563&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=3567&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=10532&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=8374&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=31630&type=card

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    8327 is the best island. Easy to find!

Urza's Saga represent!

Also:
    301.jpg343.jpg
    342.jpg350.jpg

And the P3K mountains are all super sweet.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    that mountain looks like a forest, custom!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    that mountain looks like a forest, custom!

Not all taigas are forests, but all taigas are mountains.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I think the only Forests I really really like are the Unglued one and the season cycle from Fifth Edition.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    the 5th edition forest season cycle is great

I got the summer one for my set of 5th edition basics

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    69NCmQd.jpg Or any of the others from Tempest.
    vayjBDw.jpgy55RuHx.jpgmKZQ3uG.jpg
    7FeCbDb.jpgrAUqsDi.jpg
    aLVsMkK.jpgF4bHrmc.jpg
    No such thing as a good forest.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    No love for the Saga-block Plains of Serra's Sanctum?

7qbqo4w9qi4z.jpg

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm down for just about any Urza's Saga lands (a few are bland, but not terrible). That was my prime time playing days.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i always dug the simple mercadian masques lands, minus its archetypically bland "sticks and nothing" swamp. probably my favorite forest, i'd say
    Image.ashx?type=card&multiverseid=20896Image.ashx?type=card&multiverseid=20881Image.ashx?multiverseid=20892&type=cardImage.ashx?type=card&multiverseid=20884

urza's saga has some nice plains too. I liked having the sky up in
    Image.ashx?type=card&multiverseid=8324

and time spiral is a winner for me when it comes to unconventional mountains
    Image.ashx?type=card&multiverseid=122090

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    344.jpg

the one true mountain imo

• Options
    the two sets of lands I play:

lorwyn
    285.jpg
    288.jpg
    292.jpg
    295.jpg
    298.jpg

5th ed.
    435.jpg
    425.jpg
    443.jpg
    433.jpg
    418.jpg

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    344.jpg

the one true mountain imo

woah yeah that is one fine ass mountain

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    333.jpg

honorable mention for thunder plains

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    After Conspiracy came out I set out to make a cube from it. I think it has 4 of each common, 2 of each uncommon, and 1 of each rare/mythic (minus a few I couldn't find / afford). I have never used it, in fact it hasn't even been sleeved yet.

I want to change this to make it more suitable to small draft formats (2-4 players). Suggestions / tips? Overall I want to reduce the card count to make it more portable, but maybe keeping a "reserve list" to not keep the same card pool all the time. And I have no problem swapping things on the cardlist.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Having only been around for a few releases, my normal take on basic lands is to bum rush the land box... I mean, they're just giving away land!

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    A solid plains, Kilroy.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    todd anderson was running savage knucleblade in the sideboard of temur twin at scg charlotte

get in there big knux

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    the only lands i actively dislike are RtR

mostly because i have more of them then any other and I just don't like looking at them any more

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Oh good, basic land discussion. My opinion is heavily skewed toward more recent stuff, because I like collecting foils. I counted recently, and apparently I own 53 foil basic lands. A few of my favorites:
    231.jpg288.jpg
    235.jpg291.jpg
    291.jpg238.jpg
    266.jpg294.jpg
    248.jpg270.jpg
    Genres of basic land art I enjoy: Big washes of vibrant color, which look great on such small cards during gameplay, especially in foil. Orange forests, like in Avacyn, Theros, and Naya. Abzan lands, but less so Dromoka ones. Big buildings or ruins. Snowy or forested mountains. Snowy anything. Mountains in general are easy to find in artwork I like, Plains are the most difficult.

And some of the lands posted by you guys are starting to sway my opinion on older land art, Urza's Saga plains are real good, but I just wish they had foils!

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    I though Urza's Saga was the first set with foils? Or was that Urza's Destiny?

I know Invasion block had foils (including the dope alt-art Tahngarth).

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Wait, old frame cards have foils? I know there were promo ones that did, but I didn't know the overlap between foils and old frame cards was so big.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Old frame cards absolutely had foils. The first foil I ever opened from a pack was avatar of woe from prophecy.

• Options
    I just googled it and apparently foils started in Urza's Legacy, so just barely too late for Urza's Saga basics. Still, this opens up a new world of foil basics for me...

• Options
    Looked it up, urza's legacy was the first with foils in packs but the prerelease promo for saga was foiled too. And then they went to do really weird stuff like these laquatus's champions I have in Russian cyrillic

• Options
    Keep in mind that old foils were really just a foil stamp in the text box and a hella glossy finish on the picture.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    metaghost wrote: »
    Keep in mind that old foils were really just a foil stamp in the text box and a hella glossy finish on the picture.

And they curled. A lot. I love old frame cards but I don't honestly like playing with them in foils very much.

Whippy on
  • Options
    Ah, I should just track down one to get a gauge on what they look like. Hm, I wonder what a foil of the Judgement version of Mirari's Wake looks like. That was one card I preferred the old art and border for. Reminds of Link to the Past for some reason.
    139.jpg

• Options
    Ah, I should just track down one to get a gauge on what they look like. Hm, I wonder what a foil of the Judgement version of Mirari's Wake looks like. That was one card I preferred the old art and border for. Reminds of Link to the Past for some reason.
    139.jpg

My brother had one. Looks real good.

• Options
    Gold cards definitely looked better. I had a foil Crosis, the Purger that was totally baller.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

The frame and text box were foiled. Some cards looked great, others not as much.

Foil Daze looks incredible, foil Mungha Wurm not as much.

My buddy up in Seattle still has a foil Radiant he opened at the prerelease, still in the same sleeve he put on it then. I've never seen another one. And it's gorgeous.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Have we talked about how they redid the Lorwyn Forests for Origins?
    298.jpg270.jpg
    300.jpg269.jpg

I guess they did it so that they'd fit in with the other Origins lands. Kinda rips away the uniqueness of them, but I kinda almost prefer the new ones. I wonder if they changed any other reprinted land for Origins? I don't think they did, but maybe I'm just not spotting it.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    The remade Lorwyn lands are due to Nissa's story.

• Options
    Have we talked about how they redid the Lorwyn Forests for Origins?
    298.jpg270.jpg
    300.jpg269.jpg

I guess they did it so that they'd fit in with the other Origins lands. Kinda rips away the uniqueness of them, but I kinda almost prefer the new ones. I wonder if they changed any other reprinted land for Origins? I don't think they did, but maybe I'm just not spotting it.

I actually didn't even recognize them.

This discussion has been closed.