As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I am a piece of shit and I hate myself: The Webcomics Story

19495969799

Posts

  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    Demon is bad, it wants to be cerebral but it ends up being extremely juvenile and the cerebral thing is badly done and also the juvenile thing

    why are they covered in white, it's like they bathed in frosting, it's physiologically impossible to produce that much semen :(

    I'm not sure if you're sad it's wrong or that it's impossible. .

  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

    Best illegal black market ever.

    b1ehrMM.gif
    cB557PMAversBucketman
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Hasn't Shiga said on multiple occasions that he takes Demon very seriously and everything in it is stuff he would do if it weren't for the constraints of stuff like "society"?

    Like, it's silly, but it's silly because it takes itself so seriously when it's full of ridiculous power fantasy crap.

    He is literally admitting to be being a sociopath.

    Sociopath is as sociopath does

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    BlueBlueGoatmon
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Hasn't Shiga said on multiple occasions that he takes Demon very seriously and everything in it is stuff he would do if it weren't for the constraints of stuff like "society"?

    Like, it's silly, but it's silly because it takes itself so seriously when it's full of ridiculous power fantasy crap.

    Jason Shiga's most recent comic before demon was a procedural crime drama about library police where they had an entire squad of people versed in the types of fibers in different kinds of pages as well as specific machines used for binding. His comics are silly because they are silly.

    sig.gif
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeSCREECH OF THE FARG
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Hasn't Shiga said on multiple occasions that he takes Demon very seriously and everything in it is stuff he would do if it weren't for the constraints of stuff like "society"?

    Like, it's silly, but it's silly because it takes itself so seriously when it's full of ridiculous power fantasy crap.
    that anyone still thinks this after the previous month of material is the most laffo thing
    maritzac wrote: »
    Demon is bad, it wants to be cerebral but it ends up being extremely juvenile and the cerebral thing is badly done and also the juvenile thing

    why are they covered in white, it's like they bathed in frosting, it's physiologically impossible to produce that much semen :(
    you can do anything if you put your mind to it!

    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    Panda4YouPLA
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Hasn't Shiga said on multiple occasions that he takes Demon very seriously and everything in it is stuff he would do if it weren't for the constraints of stuff like "society"?

    Like, it's silly, but it's silly because it takes itself so seriously when it's full of ridiculous power fantasy crap.

    No, he said that _once_, at the start, though it's been quoted here many many times which confuses things. As for power fantasies, he said in one of the newsposts (not linked because it's still NSFW today) "Well, as your reward for making it through chapter 5, I will reveal to you the horrible truth… Demon is my stab at a superhero comic! [. . . .] To be honest, I’ve been a little cagey about Demon because I want people to take it seriously. And it worked!".



  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    peter north probably can

    EzUAYcn.png
    statler
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I love how people keep bringing up that quote and taking it 100% literally and factually.

    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    cB557MadicanNeveronEvilCakePanda4YouSCREECH OF THE FARGSageinaRageLord_Asmodeus
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    If Shiga says that he'd do the stuff in Demon if he had the power and opportunity etc then either 1) he's crazy or 2) he's completely full of shit

    I am going with 2) all the way

    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANcB557Goatmon
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    If Shiga says that he'd do the stuff in Demon if he had the power and opportunity etc then either 1) he's crazy or 2) he's completely full of shit

    I am going with 2) all the way
    maritzac wrote: »
    why are they covered in white, it's like they bathed in frosting, it's physiologically impossible to produce that much semen :(

    Hmm I think I am on the verge of an epiphany

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    DsmAE3n.jpg
    www.otaku-dad.com
    "Why didn't you call me Satoshi?" asked Ash.

    "We must be careful of using our club names in public. Many won't understand us. Most will pull our pants down in front of the whole school assembly if given the chance."

    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANDesert LeviathanGoldenSeducerSLyMKanaDuke 2.0CambiataAnialosCantideShadowenMoth 13ArdolDarkPrimusRoyceSraphimAdvocateLord_AsmodeusTrippyJingFleur de Alysshoeboxjeddy
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    dlsqieglt8jz.jpg
    junn1hftfnub.jpg

    Gvzbgul on
    BroloKanaAnialosAndy JoeASimPersonGoldenSeducerShadowenQuantum TigerRoyceSraphimErlecLord_AsmodeusTrippyJingFleur de Alys
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    the last panel would get more use

    jCyyTSo.png
    cB557CambiataJayKaosAnialosAndy JoeGoldenSeducerShadowenEtiowsaKwoaruLord_AsmodeusFleur de Alysshoeboxjeddy
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

    20 minutes later they both died of radiation poisoning.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It is pretty clear that Shiga was 100% trolling everyone with his claim it was all very serious and how Jimmy was himself.

    GvzbgulNeveronRainfall
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

    Best illegal black market ever.

    I really like that, occasionally, the bits of gear are recognisable, just often enough that you know the unrecognisable gear isn't a mistake; like here, she's clearly carrying an AKS-74U, albeit one with a modified muzzle brake.
    Not sure about the finish though; could be the lighting but it almost looks like it might be chromed or brushed… bit of an odd choice for a mostly undercover operation, but then it's also kinda the perfect choice for a bodyguard, which is what she looks like she's doing right now.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    cB557Gvzbgul
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's bad enough having to look at his comic in here without arguments about whether he is a genuinely or ironically a horrible human being making the whole thread smell like rotting carcasses

    BahamutZERO.gif
    kaortiKanaTheySlashThemtynicShadowenNartwakLord_Asmodeus
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    It is pretty clear that Shiga was 100% trolling everyone with his claim it was all very serious and how Jimmy was himself.

    It is pretty clear that Shiga was 100% truthful with his claim it was all very serious and how Jimmy was himself.

    Look we both have just as much proof!

    ASimPersonKwoaru
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    it's bad enough having to look at his comic in here without arguments about whether he is a genuinely or ironically a horrible human being making the whole thread smell like cum farts

  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    titansA2043a.jpg

    Today's Table Titans is about special friends sending seeds of warning with a simple sentence.

    Desert LeviathanmasterofmetroidBucketmanPanda4YouGoldenSeducerShadowenHeadCreepsLord_Asmodeusshoeboxjeddy
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Y'know, I wonder if there's a book or something where they have all these divine weapons with phenomenal abilities, like a sword that can cut through anything or Table Titan's mattock that can hew through any stone, and they weren't used as weapons at all? A vorpal sword used for logging, the mattock for construction, a staff that summons lightning providing power to the city, etc.

    Basically I'm wondering if there's a book where these divine weapons are used for utility rather than combat.

  • maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    maritzac wrote: »
    Demon is bad, it wants to be cerebral but it ends up being extremely juvenile and the cerebral thing is badly done and also the juvenile thing

    why are they covered in white, it's like they bathed in frosting, it's physiologically impossible to produce that much semen :(

    I'm not sure if you're sad it's wrong or that it's impossible. .

    I am sad that I had to type that sentence.

    Geth
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »
    maritzac wrote: »
    Demon is bad, it wants to be cerebral but it ends up being extremely juvenile and the cerebral thing is badly done and also the juvenile thing

    why are they covered in white, it's like they bathed in frosting, it's physiologically impossible to produce that much semen :(

    I'm not sure if you're sad it's wrong or that it's impossible. .

    I am sad that I had to type that sentence.

    But of course, the hidden third option. Admittedly I haven't read the last several Demon strips but they sound awful.

  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    8dc1ac9c29kWP.jpg
    He was so busy monologuing he didn't hear a damn thing.
    mokepon.smackjeeves.com

  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

    Best illegal black market ever.

    I really like that, occasionally, the bits of gear are recognisable, just often enough that you know the unrecognisable gear isn't a mistake; like here, she's clearly carrying an AKS-74U, albeit one with a modified muzzle brake.
    Not sure about the finish though; could be the lighting but it almost looks like it might be chromed or brushed… bit of an odd choice for a mostly undercover operation, but then it's also kinda the perfect choice for a bodyguard, which is what she looks like she's doing right now.
    I don't think it's chromed, just plain metal. I suppose wood isn't exactly easy to get a hold of on a ship, which would explain the metallic hand guards. Or it's just Scott tweaking the gun for fun. Although he does occasionally miss details, like when he drew Dr. Dinosaur's AKS-74U being fired with the safety on. (shut up! it's important to me!)

  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

    Best illegal black market ever.

    I really like that, occasionally, the bits of gear are recognisable, just often enough that you know the unrecognisable gear isn't a mistake; like here, she's clearly carrying an AKS-74U, albeit one with a modified muzzle brake.
    Not sure about the finish though; could be the lighting but it almost looks like it might be chromed or brushed… bit of an odd choice for a mostly undercover operation, but then it's also kinda the perfect choice for a bodyguard, which is what she looks like she's doing right now.
    I don't think it's chromed, just plain metal. I suppose wood isn't exactly easy to get a hold of on a ship, which would explain the metallic hand guards. Or it's just Scott tweaking the gun for fun. Although he does occasionally miss details, like when he drew Dr. Dinosaur's AKS-74U being fired with the safety on. (shut up! it's important to me!)

    Have you considered that it may have been...crystals?

    PikaPuffGvzbgulPanda4YoucB557PMAversElderlycrawfishLord_AsmodeusTrippyJing
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Terrible Terrible Terrible

    So... Housepets?

    UnbrokenEva on
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    qpi0ol20528k.jpg

    agg.jpg 316.9K
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    TheySlashThemBucketmanAnialosPanda4YoucB557ArdolKharnorPLALord_Asmodeus
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So in between discussing for the sixty-third time whether Shiga really meant it when he said that Jimmy represents himself, has anyone mentioned that one of Demon's readers asked Shiga for dating/courtship advice?

    Butler For Life #1Panda4You
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh yes!

    but only two or three times

  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    ugh

    TheySlashThem
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Is that one guy still doing the ice cream edits of Demon? Let's go back to posting those.

    KanaDuke 2.0Advocate
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    demon is great and better then every webcomic posted in this thread

    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    GoatmonPikaPuffPanda4YouOrphaneSageinaRage
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    demon is great and better then every webcomic posted in this thread

    This post works pretty well with your current avatar

    Goatmon
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Wastin awway again in cumfartville

    Some people sayyyy there's a flastical to blame

    But I know it's my own damn fault.

  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    demon is great and better then every webcomic posted in this thread

    are you sure

  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I'd like to thank you all for being pieces of shit with me in this Webcomics thread

    Let's try to make the next one just as bad as this

    GvzbgulPanda4You
This discussion has been closed.