As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wet Hot American [TV] Thread

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy shit this season 2 finale of Banshee!

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Daily Show finale is lovely so far.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Proctor's niece on Banshee sleeps with EVERYONE

yo, can I get her number?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    John Mcain made a John Stewart muppet to say I am glad you are leaving to John Stewart

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Daily show:
    That montage of hate was the best thing ever.

The president of Arby's did a John Stewart sucks bit!

Qanamil on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    can we spoiler tag the Daily Show finale please?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This fuckin radio kid

• Options
    Daily Show:
    Colbert's whole segment is absolutely killing it. From him being Sam to Stewart's Frodo, to his endlessly praising John into crying :)

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My goodness, so happy to have Review back

Just the best show

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Holy shit this season 2 finale of Banshee!

Good Banshee is sooooo good

Bad Banshee is soooooooooooooooooooooo bad

It's a very frustrating show

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Larry had the best finale on the late show.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Last Week Tonight existing takes some of the sting out of losing Jon Stewart

but not enough

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Gang Breaks Sweet Dee is probably the meanest episode yet.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    dennis seething at the end is my favorite part of the episode

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    JOKES ON DEE!!!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Archer has been banished to the shadow realm of FXX, to be paired with a new show called 'Cassius and Clay'
    Created in the vein of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, the action-buddy comedy centers on two women living as bandits in a futuristic, post-apocalyptic America. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Kaitlin Olson will lead the voice cast as Ordwood Cassius, a hard-drinking, quick-thinking, fast-talking bullshitter who has more debts than sense. Lake Bell (Childrens Hospital) will voice Shopcarter Clay, the fastest gun in the post-apocalyptic South who doesn't go looking for trouble but shares a station wagon with it. Susan Sarandon (Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe) is set as Connie Mack, the ruthless and cutthroat owner of Wilke's only saloon and brothel. Mack runs the booze, the girls and effectively the whole town. The trio will serve as series regulars.

The comedy also boats an impressive group of guest voices including JB Smoove as Doc Benz, the town's only doctor, locked in a dysfunctional, co-dependent relationship with Smiffy (who carts the Doc's ornery, legless ass around). Kevin Michael Richardson (The Cleveland Show) will voice Smiffy, the enormous blacksmith, a gentle giant who can fix anything so long as Doc says it's OK. Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent) will voice Waitstill Weeks, the utterly powerless and disregarded mayor of Wilke, who's barely in charge of his own newspaper, which only he reads. Stephen Root (King of the Hill) will play Preacher, a chubby, good-natured man of God. Katy Mixon (Mike & Molly) will play "sister-whores" Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey. Robert Patrick (Scorpion) will play Reever Grint, the terrifying tax-collector from Richway — he's the most crooked of all the crooked sheriffs.

Cassius and Clay's 10-episode first season will debut in 2016.

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    that show sounds fun

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/2jsnjAicK84

Just gonna leave that here for your viewing enjoyment

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i just watched the first couple eps of banshee and it is fairly enjoyable! also, the music for this show makes the pennsylvania dutch characters seem positively contemporary by comparison!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Oh rad, Cassius and Clay is co-created by Megan Ganz

Looking forward to it even more now

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I enjoyed Jon Stewart's farewell more than I enjoyed the Colbert Report's finale, and I didn't think that was possible
    Colbert's whole appearance last night was wonderful

• Options
    Cassius and Clay seems to also have the exact same animation style as Archer

cassius-and-clay_still_h_15.jpg
    Yeah I'll watch a show about these two characters

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Finished Sense8. Man I hope they get a second series!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    An Ode to Wet Hot American Summer's Absurd Theme Song
    Within its four minutes, “Jane” escalates insanely. This is particularly admirable because all the singers are yelling the whole time. If you could describe a guitar as yelling, this is the moment. Yet! It still has places to go. It starts at a 10 and makes up higher numbers as it goes along. (In fairness, “Jane” does slow its roll about two minutes into the piece to quietly introduce what sound like maracas for exactly fifteen seconds.) "Jane" is all excess on excess; it’s all the cherry on top. It’s so many cherries on top.

There is a deep laziness in the writing, which is saved because there is zero laziness in the performance. Everyone is trying their gosh darn hardest with this song. And PHEW GLORY, don't get me started on the keyboard. The whole thing is like someone told a high school garage band that they would play the last song ever heard before the world ends. The stakes are laughably high, but there is an abandonment as if there were no stakes at all.

• Options
    Paul Rudd slipped back into this role so easily that I fear this may be who he really is, and everything else has just been an act

• Options
    I too like to believe Paul Rudd ends every conversation by repeating the last thing he said multiple times while walking off into the distance, regardless of what he has to walk through

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    You tellin' me you don't want to hack off a slice of this long greasy dick

• Options
    Jon Stewart offered charity meet & greets during last night's Daily Show finale

And they alone raised 2.2 million dollars for the nonprofit foundation New York Collaborates For Autism

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You tellin' me you don't want to hack off a slice of this long greasy dick
    It smells weird

Who beefed

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I watched the making of WHAS on Netflix last night and now I just want to start playing SNAPS with everyone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I watched the making of WHAS on Netflix last night and now I just want to start playing SNAPS with everyone.

Yup, once I figured out what it was I was immediately ready to introduce it to everyone I know.

• Options
    Houk wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

Yup, once I figured out what it was I was immediately ready to introduce it to everyone I know.

SNAPS is the name of the game.

Just listen

snap snap snap snap

hearing it?

no?

How about now?

snap

Missed it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    John Ham!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Dammit, it's such an awesome game to play in front of people that have no idea what's going on! It's like a magic trick!

Too bad I don't have nearly a big enough social group to actually put it into play...

• Options
    SNAPS is the name of the game

Catch it?

Snap snap snap snap snap

Better?

Snap

Got it

Snap snap snap snap
    Snap snap snap snap

Doubting yourself?

Snap snap snap

Not yet?

Go for it.

• Options
    SNAPS is the name of the game

Catch it?

Snap snap snap snap snap

Better?

Snap

Got it

Snap snap snap snap
    Snap snap snap snap

Doubting yourself?

Snap snap snap

Not yet?

Go for it.

SHOW ME THE MONEY

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I still don't understand it and it will one day be the end of me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    It's easy, Mr. G!

snap snap snap

Hear it?

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dang, this game seems confusing

snap

No, wait!

Hold up gang

snap snap snap

Because I think I got it figured out!

snap snap snap

Kickin!

snap snap snap!

• Options
    Anhibiki?

This discussion has been closed.