As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I don't think they've done a good sized Wii Fit Trainer restock either have they? I know Gamestops got a few extras in at one point, but it was way smaller than others if it was even a full out reissue. It's the one I still want to buy...

First Amiibo I got and the only one I never even vaguely considered reselling.

There's something magically about them making actual Wii Fit Trainer merchandise that just makes me smile. It's so WEIRD.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I don't think they've done a good sized Wii Fit Trainer restock either have they? I know Gamestops got a few extras in at one point, but it was way smaller than others if it was even a full out reissue. It's the one I still want to buy...

First Amiibo I got and the only one I never even vaguely considered reselling.

There's something magically about them making actual Wii Fit Trainer merchandise that just makes me smile. It's so WEIRD.

If Wii Fit at the height of the phenomenon had been a Microsoft product (and yes, we can debate whether or not it would have been such a phenomenon on Xbox 360 and yes, Microsoft tried similar things after with Kinect, but bear with me) I can just imagine the line of Mad Catz produced Wii Fit training stuff, right down to workout clothes. Think about it, Mad Catz officially licensed Wii Fit Trainer Yoga Pants

Opportunity missed.

Also, phenomenon is an incredibly hard word to spell. so many vowels.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Wow, looks like Lucina and Robin were both up on toysrus.com about an hour ago (out of stock now of course)... Did they finally get their restock?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Maz- wrote: »

6 actually. They dont gave prototyoes for the second series yet.

I hope this means stories is getting a US release

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Nooo my money !

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Yessss, I hope it comes out here, too. It looks like Monster Hunter at about my speed. :)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    This looks like a Monster Hunter I might actually enjoy.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    News broke today of a pair of Splatoon dioramas for displaying Amiibo.

Are those things made out of paper?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    News broke today of a pair of Splatoon dioramas for displaying Amiibo.

Are those things made out of paper?

I believe it's like a soft plastic? Not sure. They aren't just paper though. They've released a few now, I think there are videos floating around of the Smash Bros and Kirby ones that are already out.

Thinking personally I may order all four once the Splatoon ones show up on AmiAmi

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    They seem to be pretty well made and sturdy

image.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The Callie/Marie stage is nuts. The screen in the middle is actually a hole, and the diorama fits over a 3DS that acts like the video screen, which presumably you play via youtube or something.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I haven't seen him go back in stock lately so heads up for anyone still looking for Little Mac:

• Options
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    SMB Wave 2!

That Boo amiibo sounds great. Glows in the dark!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I was done Nintendo!

With that said: Boo and Archer Link will be mine!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    I need all of these, though I have to say that boo is surprising. I wonder if they just really wanted the glow in the dark thing and that fit best. Otherwise kind of random next to big characters like Waluigi and Daisy :P

• Options
    This Diddy is adorable and far superior to the SSB version.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Looks like you can pre-order the new Mario Amiibo on Amazon right now!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I must have the Boo.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Has... Has @Bobkins Flymo been batsignaled yet?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    In the E3 thread, yeah.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Didn't get a chance to post this earlier:

• Options
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Not worried. Even at the height of amiibo scarcity the Mario series was easy to find everywhere.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Anyone in here need a Link amiibo? I have a spare that's in good shape outside of a little bit of paint missing on the base. I'll send it your way if you cover the couple bucks for shipping.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    *huff huff*

I heard WAAAAAAAAGH! and came as fast as I could

*raises choppa*

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    The only one I really want to make sure I get is Boo.

But then that Diddy...so very adorable!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am going to get Rosalina and Daisy
    But BOO! not only does it glow in the dark!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    The Ender wrote: »
    *huff huff*

I heard WAAAAAAAAGH! and came as fast as I could

*raises choppa*

Games Workshop will have none of this!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Double post, mobile shenanigans

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    "AmiiboSteal?"

• Options
    edited June 2016
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    "AmiiboSteal?"

Don't look at me, I didn't come up with the name. I assume it's a reference to like "this price is a steal!" *shrug*

Anyways:

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    My guess is the last of the Smash group will come out with the heavily-rumored Smash NX.

It's the only way this gap makes sense.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I just want my Cloud and Bayonetta amiibo :cry:

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    To be honest, I think the gap is due to the manufacturing process. I think it takes them longer to make detailed amiibo (see: any Fire Emblem character, Shulk, etc) which is why they tend to have low quantities and originally used to be the shittiest quality (aka Merth). My personal guess - they are taking their time to make sure there is plenty of supply, especially knowing Cloud *at least* is going to fly off the shelves.

It just doesn't make sense to me to wait almost a YEAR more for a potential NX Smash Bros port. If they were holding anything back for that, it would be the inevitable Ice Climbers amiibo (because there is no way they don't add them as a "bonus" new character for that version)

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    To be honest, I think the gap is due to the manufacturing process. I think it takes them longer to make detailed amiibo (see: any Fire Emblem character, Shulk, etc) which is why they tend to have low quantities and originally used to be the shittiest quality (aka Merth). My personal guess - they are taking their time to make sure there is plenty of supply, especially knowing Cloud *at least* is going to fly off the shelves.

It just doesn't make sense to me to wait almost a YEAR more for a potential NX Smash Bros port. If they were holding anything back for that, it would be the inevitable Ice Climbers amiibo (because there is no way they don't add them as a "bonus" new character for that version)

They waited almost a year to finish the Mario line to coincide with the new game, after all. And those aren't detailed at all.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    The last 3 characters include a Final Fantasy, an animu and a hairy witch. These things are gonna need to get real creative with the hair sculpting...

Oh brilliant