As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Guy at Best Buy said there werent any Metroid amiibo for 150 miles.. Said they only got one and it was a store pickup.

edit: he said I'd probably have better luck importing from Japan, lol.

It was actually on sale online for store pickup this morning at my local Best Buy, and my order went through and it said preparing. Then about an hour ago I got a "out of stock" email from Best Buy. I went on Gamestop to check the availability, and it's saying EVERY store within a 15 mile radius has availability. So I'm going to call and check out if they do.

Yeah I'm hitting up gamestop now, will report back. Target was similarly barren.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Surprised, Best Buy usually has good stock. Someone dropped the ball there. If there is one nearby, I'd also suggest Toys R Us as a possible place to grab one.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Guy at Best Buy said there werent any Metroid amiibo for 150 miles.. Said they only got one and it was a store pickup.

edit: he said I'd probably have better luck importing from Japan, lol.

It was actually on sale online for store pickup this morning at my local Best Buy, and my order went through and it said preparing. Then about an hour ago I got a "out of stock" email from Best Buy. I went on Gamestop to check the availability, and it's saying EVERY store within a 15 mile radius has availability. So I'm going to call and check out if they do.

Yeah I'm hitting up gamestop now, will report back. Target was similarly barren.

Called mine that's around the block from my place, guy was swamped so I had to sit on hold for 15-20 minutes but was super nice about it.

He went to check his stock, asked if I had one reserved and I said no I missed out on the initial wave and was hoping there were extras in the store on release. I hear him rummaging through his stock for about 30 seconds...

..."I have ONE. I'll reserve it for you for a few hours in the drawer behind the desk."
    "Sweet I'll be there in two to pick it up."

Score.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    They had 8 but all of them were reserved for pre-orders.

looks like there arent any at any store within 100 miles of me.

edit: oh wait, I didn't think to try TRU.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Looks like they are finally reprinting some of the 25th anniversary amiibo like 8-bit Link

holy shit!

renewed amiibo runs?!

more SNES Mini production!?

more NES Mini coming out?!

uuuummmmm

I've got a theory guys

BOY! PENNY ARCADE FELLOWS

It sure sucks how Nintendo NEVER makes their next Zelda similar to breath of the wild but with real dungeons, a more robust crafting system, and a surprise dark world!

effing nintendo!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    They had 8 but all of them were reserved for pre-orders.

looks like there arent any at any store within 100 miles of me.

edit: oh wait, I didn't think to try TRU.

This is actually a nice trial run for me for when the SNESc comes out. Now I know the locations of the closest Best Buy, Target, TRU, and Gamestop to my house.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    TRU had them:

ERB4ApP.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Poor Lottie.

• Options
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Surprised, Best Buy usually has good stock. Someone dropped the ball there. If there is one nearby, I'd also suggest Toys R Us as a possible place to grab one.

Thank you for subliminally giving me the suggestion to try TRU. I didn't even see that you made that post but I bet my subconcious/peripheral vision did.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Poor Lottie.

poor Samus too. She really shouldn't be a shelfwarmer (and yes, I know she was rare for a while)...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Actually that TRU just has a rediculous amount of stock. All the amiibo there are like that.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options

Thank you for subliminally giving me the suggestion to try TRU. I didn't even see that you made that post but I bet my subconcious/peripheral vision did.

Haha you're welcome :) TRU I have found to be pretty good for stock in general.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Sooooooo nice.

6zwkqtaizc6n.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Looks like they are finally reprinting some of the 25th anniversary amiibo like 8-bit Link

AWESOME! 8-Bit Link is one of the amiibos I want, but can't find ATM.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I just ordered Smash Link and OOT Link, 32 year old me is excited to play with little action figures

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I just ordered Smash Link and OOT Link, 32 year old me is excited to play with little action figures

THEYRENOTACTIONFIGURESTHEYREFIGURINESAAAAAHHGGHAJDHFHDHSH

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    You're a figurine

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I am?

edit: I AM! MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIEAAAAAAHHHHADDSHDGFN3DSVRXLHSHDBFJ!!!

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Just how squishy is the Metroid amiibo? This is important information.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    They need to reissue TP and SS link since they were stupid retailer specific ones

Smash toon link would be good too

Then I'll have them all!

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular

Disappointingly Unsquishy.

it is not squishy in the sense that I was thinking it would be, at least. The metroid's bubbledome-thing is not a clear gel with a little give, like a waterballoon type of deal . It's a hollow dome-shaped piece of semi-rigid plastic, so it doesn't squish so much as flex.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »

it is not squishy in the sense that I was thinking it would be, at least. The metroid's bubbledome-thing is not a clear gel with a little give, like a waterballoon type of deal . It's a hollow dome-shaped piece of semi-rigid plastic, so it doesn't squish so much as flex.

Filling it like a water balloon would have been all sorts of a nightmare - from child safety protections to leakage and difficulty to work with. This was about the best way they could pull off squishy, short of like filling the whole thing with transparent plastic - which likely would've hid the interior detail.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Disappointing. I was hoping it would have a nice squish to it. Like a little stress ball.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »

True. But it DOES have a hidden feature.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Haha, oh Brian.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    If you guys are having trouble finding the Metroid amiibo you can import by buying them both seperately from play-asia for $19 a piece. I dunno, it's another option I guess:

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-metroid-series-figure-samus-aran/13/70baid

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-metroid-series-figure-metroid/13/70bai9

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Didn't find the metroid 2-pack but Toys r Us had 1 Samus amiibo left for 40% off. Came out to $5.56. The only issue is that Samus is leaning to the right a bit.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Didn't find the metroid 2-pack but Toys r Us had 1 Samus amiibo left for 40% off. Came out to $5.56. The only issue is that Samus is leaning to the right a bit.

Keep your politics to yourself, Samus

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      Given that Nintendo quietly did reprints of all the violently popular Amiibos it's not surprising they'd reprint the Zelda line. This stuff just takes time.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • Options
      SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
      I really want an OOT Link so reprints are nice to hear. Just have to actually snag one when it shows up.

• Options
      edited September 2017
      So I went back to that TRU I got those Metroid amiibo at for something else. On a lark I decided to check the amiibo section:

97dZCJV.jpg

Not only were the 2packs gone, but all those ssb Samus amiibo were also cleared out save one.

Metroid is back, baby.

Handsome Costanza on
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options
      cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      Pfft, Nintendo only manufactured like seven Metroid packs because they hate making money. And they hate you. And puppies.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • Options
      DirtyDirty Registered User regular
      I know it's just one store, but my store got more Metroid packs than any previous amiibo multi-pack that I can remember. Of course, they're all gone now, but it's not like they severely undershipped.

• Options
      edited September 2017
      The first Best Buy I hit up, in a very populated area near a major airport, said they got one... one.......singular.... uno...

Oh and btw it was a store pickup.

edit: the best buy guy then told me that the rumor amongst his network of best buy guys said that none of the stores in the entire region received product aside from what had been allocated for pre-orders.

Handsome Costanza on
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options
      SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    • Options

Is that the first time it has been up? Because if so, seriously what the fuck Amazon?

• Options
      MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular

Is that the first time it has been up? Because if so, seriously what the fuck Amazon?

They were like 5 days late to get the Special Edition of Samus Returns up at all, and no prime discount. Along with previous amiibo issues I think they've decided that these "collectible" things are more hassle than they're worth and are refusing to run preorders.

Steam: Cilantr0
      3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    • Options

Nice! Nabbed one. Was starting to think I'd never get my hands on these too.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • Options
      azith28azith28 Registered User regular
      TRU worked for me as well for the two pack. they had plenty.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum