Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

1777879808183»

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sakurai on the Smash amiibo:
    We will be releasing amiibo for all of the fighters that didn’t appear in the last entry in the series. However, producing them takes a considerable amount of time – it takes about a year to produce them from the prototype. As such, I think we have to keep you waiting until they’re ready to be released; apologies and thank you for your patience.

Sounds like it'll definitely take some time to get them all out.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • TimFijiTimFiji Registered User regular
    Anyone have an idea how I could go about getting the amiibo art inserts onto aluminum for the new amiibo? @maximumzero used to print them onto sheets for me but he hasn't been on the forums in awhile (I hope he's ok!), but I'm looking for some ideas on how I can get the next sets of them made.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148
    3DS: 5112-3442-2082
    Learn Japanese through video games!
    Steam: Archpriest
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

ahaha they're only doing 50 of these

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    So

There's probably gonna be a Joker amiibo, huh?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Moon Name: Moon
    skeldareShadowfireplufim
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    So

Joker as in the Batman villain, or the Mass Effect pilot, or...?

Nevermind, just saw the announcement.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    So

Joker as in the Batman villain, or the Mass Effect pilot, or...?

Nevermind, just saw the announcement.

Went to bed early last night?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Moon Name: Moon
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    Kinda bummed this morning.

I picked up my Octoling trio, which is awesome. But I found out I didn't pre-order the 3 smash Amiibo! I have the second wave on order, but somehow I missed these ones.

Luckily Best Buy had Ridley, and judging by my hunting Ridley is the most common. But no Wolf or Smash Inkling. The Inkling's less of a big deal, as I have 3 of just the female Inkling at the moment, but Wolf would've been cool. I will have to keep my eyes open.

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • TayaTaya Hit refresh Registered User regular
    I preordered Ridley and Inkling but did not manage to preorder Wolf. Of course it was sold out.

I did not know Octolings were out today.

• pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    This isn't a drill: many Targets got Rosalina & Luma restocks yesterday.
    Check 207-04-1007 at Brickseek to see if your local store has them. (It looks like Target is reporting anything more than 0 as "limited stock" regardless of how many they actually have though.)

Also, many Gamestops (at least in my area) got Toon Link and Ike, among others

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I got mah boy Ridley. Not my favorite design for him but dammit it’s official Ridley merch!

Switch friend code: SW-2978-3296-1491
    PSN: RidleySaria
    plufim
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Check 207-04-1007 at Brickseek to see if your local store has them. (It looks like Target is reporting anything more than 0 as "limited stock" regardless of how many they actually have though.)

Gamestop’s got Shiek, Zelda, Link, Toon Link, Samus, Lucario, and Ike for the first wave of restocks

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Piranha Plant seems to be the holy grail for this wave, FYI.

plufim
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular

Gamestop’s got Shiek, Zelda, Link, Toon Link, Samus, Lucario, and Ike for the first wave of restocks

Gamestop really doesn't have amiibos but for some strange reason they have full sets of the animal crossing cards and the Mario sports one {I find the latter one really odd as I never saw the game or the cards for sale}

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    All i want 4 Xmas is the metroid amiibos that came with the 3DS game...

Also that Ken one looks pretty cool but it has the stupid clear plastic supports that I hate so. . .pass. : (

I don't understand why they can't just design them better so they don't need ugly plastic supports...

GMaster7
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Gamestop really doesn't have amiibos but for some strange reason they have full sets of the animal crossing cards and the Mario sports one {I find the latter one really odd as I never saw the game or the cards for sale}

Gamestop has started stocking them regularly again with the new releases.

Also, they have K Rool, Pirana Plant, and Ice Climbers up for preorder.

edited December 2018
    Heads up: the next wave of Smash Amiibo appears to be Ken, Pichu and Young Link, based on pre-orders at Play Asia. No release date yet.

...you don't want to pre-order from Play Asia, since they charge $24 a pop. Just keep your eyes open for pre-orders at your store of choice.

That just leaves Daisy and Isabelle among the Amiibo we've seen pictures of.

cloudeagle on
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

The only thing gamestop sells are the ugly funkopop things and used copies of old sports games.

3ds FC: 0645 - 7166 - 9801
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I've seen Ridley at dern near every big store this week. Crazy.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    H3Knuckles
  • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I do wish nintendo would do more card amiibo's. I'd love to have a deck of smash fighters.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
    H3Knuckles
  • pablo_pricepablo_price Registered User regular
    Piranha Plant preorders are up at best buy and amazon.

Probably the other ones from that wave too, as if they matter as much as PP

Athenorplufim
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    Piranha Plant preorders are up at best buy and amazon.

Probably the other ones from that wave too, as if they matter as much as PP

It's always good when I see this thread pop up to double check my best buy pre-orders to see if I already have them on there. :) In this case, I got them pre-ordered on first announce along with their wave-mates, Ice climbers and King K. Rool. All 3 are available right now.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-piranha-plant/6255170.p?skuId=6255170

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-ice-climbers/6255167.p?skuId=6255167

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-king-k-rool/6255168.p?skuId=6255168

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • TimFijiTimFiji Registered User regular
    Orders are popping up for next wave at different stores so keep watching or follow twitter.com/nintendeals

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148
    3DS: 5112-3442-2082
    Learn Japanese through video games!
    Steam: Archpriest
    Specifically, Daisy, Ken, and Young Link.

Also:

That just leaves Chrom, Dark Samus, Incineroar, Richter, and the DLC characters unaccounted for.

Andy Joe
  • TayaTaya Hit refresh Registered User regular
    I'd love it if they release the Qbby amiibo here what with the new Box Boy game and everythibg.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    This madness never truly ends
    ypj4bj8kekms.jpg

RidleySariaplufimcloudeagleAndy JoeBrainiac 8Riokenn
    Tell me about it. I've got my Smash amiibo on long floating shelves, and even after adding a fifth one they're going to be really crowded once the DLC's done.