As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    My kids, wife, and I play Mario Party probably a couple times a week. It doesn't matter if it's 8, 9, or 10, we enjoy them all for various reasons.

Bowser Party mode on 10 makes for a pretty great night of fun.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    I wanna see more amiibo collections next to WiiU game collections. I already suspected there were probably a lot of people who have spent way more on figures for these games than the games themselves. I just wanna see by how much. :)

Considering I have 41 Wii U titles, I doubt I spent more on figures.

Of course you have a lot of games when you don't have standards.

That wasn't remotely necessary. :?

But what's the point of a forum if we don't needlessly mock fellow members?

In all seriousness though, it may have been misdirected. I can't remember which Nintendo-thread-regular was the one who seemed to buy just about every mediocre WiiU game just to pad out the collection.

On topic though, I bought my third amiibo. I feel like I already have too many, and am thinking about getting rid of Inkling Boy.

• Options
    MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    Check out the gem puzzle game in the "extras" section. A friend and I lost a good two hours to that alone.

I don't play a lot of match-three games, but I don't recall seeing one that has actual physics. Is that the only one? Because it seems like a surprisingly neat thing to have sitting in an Extras menu of a random Mario Party.

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I'm probably the only one that enjoys amiibo party more than MP10.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It's not authentic Mario Party unless the computer players cheat like no tomorrow.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Check out the gem puzzle game in the "extras" section. A friend and I lost a good two hours to that alone.

I don't play a lot of match-three games, but I don't recall seeing one that has actual physics. Is that the only one? Because it seems like a surprisingly neat thing to have sitting in an Extras menu of a random Mario Party.

There's bales of them on smartphones.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    After having given up on the whole amiibo thing for lack of use and not giving a single care about hunting, happened to notice a sole Olimar and Zero Suit at Walmart and damn if they didnt end up in the cart. Sigh.

Also cleaned up my home office desk and what's this, a boxed Wii Fit Trainer? I don't even remember buying it ><

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    After having given up on the whole amiibo thing for lack of use and not giving a single care about hunting, happened to notice a sole Olimar and Zero Suit at Walmart and damn if they didnt end up in the cart. Sigh.

Also cleaned up my home office desk and what's this, a boxed Wii Fit Trainer? I don't even remember buying it ><

I now so much regret not getting WFT. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/14/mega-man-legacy-collection-challenge-contest
    The Nintendo 3DS version of MMLC will include not one, not two, but ten additional challenges designed by you, the players. These challenges will be unlockable using the Mega Man amiibo™, which is available in stores now. Yep, that’s right—the Nintendo 3DS version of MMLC has amiibo integration.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    ZSS arrived from Amazon this morning... haven't opened the box (the Amazon box I mean) on account of being very busy with moving.

Up to and including Federation Force, how many more games do you think it will do stuff in than it does now? (I think it currently only has Smash and Mario Maker as doing things specific to that model, but...)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Wait, Federation Force is gonna use it? Snap, maybe I should have picked up on from TRU when I saw it.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Wait, Federation Force is gonna use it? Snap, maybe I should have picked up on from TRU when I saw it.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/metroid-prime-federation-forces-producer-has-ideas-for-the-games-amiibo-fun
    USGamer: What happens if I’m playing on the New 3DS and I take my Samus Amiibo and tap into the 3DS?

Kensuke Tanabe: So while I do have a few ideas, I can’t quite tell you at this time since they’re not all finalized, but there are some ideas coming. If possible at all, it would be nice to have an Amiibo of the mech.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Actually, I was just assuming Federation Force would. Yay!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Went to Target. One million Dr. Marios. Nothing I want. Le sigh.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/metroid-prime-federation-forces-producer-has-ideas-for-the-games-amiibo-fun
    USGamer: What happens if I’m playing on the New 3DS and I take my Samus Amiibo and tap into the 3DS?

Kensuke Tanabe: So while I do have a few ideas, I can’t quite tell you at this time since they’re not all finalized, but there are some ideas coming. If possible at all, it would be nice to have an Amiibo of the mech.

When you tap a Samus amiibo, she spawns in game as a boss and horribly annihilates you and your team.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Well the same but I bought Dr Mario

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

When you tap a Samus amiibo, she spawns in game, sees Ridley, and starts weeping in the corner.

Fixed

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options

It's at least nice that they're finally getting a decent amount of their store exclusives. They seemed to have learned their lesson after Rosalina.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    i had no amiibos until friday.

We were getting work done on our car and wandered into a GameStop. The sales guy says "HEY DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE NEW AMIIBOS?" and my girlfriend says no thank you.

"I dont even know what they really do." she whispers to me. "Me either" I said.

The sales guy says they got some restocks, too. Holds up a whole bunch of ones, and then says "We even have 1 of the Splatoon 3-pack!"

My girlfriend stops. Looks up at it. "Can I just get the squid?" she asks. "No, only have this 3-pack!" The clerk responded.

We keep walking around the store, it's about 11AM, and I ask why she would even be interested. "I love Splatoon...and I like the squid guy." she responds. A few people walk into the store.

They immediately are demanding the new Amiibos. Grabbing Dr. Mario, Olimar, ect. Loudly cheering about it. "Maybe we should get the Splatoon ones. Just those." she says to me. "It's up to you." I respond. "We really dont need them." She decides to keep looking around the store for a minute while she thinks.

Now its about 11:03, and a woman walks into the store with a list. "I need Zero Suit Samus, and Olimar, and Dr. Mario." she says. My girlfriend looks over.

"Oh Olimar is cute." she mutters. I point out she's never played a Pikmin, she doesn't have Smash Brothers, and there's literally nothing we could even DO with Olimar right now. "I know...and you're right. We don't need these."

We're walking to the door when the woman at the counter says "Is that a Splatoon 3-pack? Yeah, give me that."

She freezes in her tracks and gives me the saddest look of all time. We watch the transaction finish, the woman rushes out of the store, checking items off her list, and we quietly follow her out. No one said a word.

About 10 minutes later in Trader Joe's, she says "We really don't need them. The Amiibos. We don't even play Splatoon all that much." I agree. We continue shopping.

In the lobby of the mechanic waiting for our keys, she turns to me. "So like...we wont see that 3-pack ever again, will we. Thats the amiibo thing, right? You just wont see it?" Probably not, I say. She pulls out her phone. A few taps later, she exclaims, "$77 on Amazon!? Wasn't it just $30ish in there?!"

I pat her on the shoulder. "We blew it." She says.

I pulled out my phone, and did a little googling. "Well, I mean, I REALLY don't care...I don't need them, I don't really want any Amiibos. But the GameStop 30 minutes away has the 3-pack in stock..."

As the clerk handed her the keys back to her car, she said "Enter the directions."

---

I will not allow myself to get hooked on this, but I do have to admit...I slightly, involuntarily cringed when she ripped the packaging open and placed them on the computer desk.

...and I'm thankful Sonic seems to be pretty plentiful. Just encase.

Who are you, why are you evil, and why are you trying to kill a budding gamer girl before it is born?

Haha oh she's not budding. She's well into the hobby on her own - the WiiU is actually hers.

I was more trying to make sure we don't have any rent money worries once the floodgates open.

And judging by the amount of times we've discussed the upcoming Animal Crossing amiibos, were doomed.

But doomed with cool figures, so that's alright.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

When you tap a Samus amiibo, she spawns in game as a boss and horribly annihilates you and your team.

Considering the last Metroid game, I'm betting that every time you scan a unique metroid based amiibo, Samus removes a layer of armor/clothing

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

Considering the last Metroid game, I'm betting that every time you scan a unique metroid based amiibo, Samus removes a layer of armor/clothing

Ah, yes. Because Samus being undressed for the player's titillation is something wholly unique to Other M.

• Options

Ah, yes. Because Samus being undressed for the player's titillation is something wholly unique to Other M.

For the most part prior games did it only at the ending and only on higher endings... and even then the more recent games have been better about it. The two GBA games in particular - showing Samus in something more akin to exercise clothes and basically taking time off in town than the skintight zero suit (okay, yes, still skintight clothes, but at least actual clothes, and she's not basically posed in the vein of the first few games).

Prime 2 basically just showed her in the zero suit for the window between removing the power suit and boarding her ship (granted, the games have strongly implied she's perfectly capable of boarding and operating it with the power suit active, so...), pausing long enough to wave (iirc) back at the Luminoth.

• Options
    I'm not saying the basic idea is unique to the series, but the last game degraded her status as a strong confident women quite a bit and if they were continue to go down that path, she could become another 'quiet' from MSG. Prior to that game...samus not in a giant metal suit of armor wearing something arguably more comfortable was never really an issue in most peoples minds. (Yes the swimsuit was a touch much....but until people started looking for shit, nobody cared).

• Options
    I'm not saying the basic idea is unique to the series, but the last game degraded her status as a strong confident women quite a bit and if they were continue to go down that path, she could become another 'quiet' from MSG. Prior to that game...samus not in a giant metal suit of armor wearing something arguably more comfortable was never really an issue in most peoples minds. (Yes the swimsuit was a touch much....but until people started looking for shit, nobody cared).

And really, the swimsuit hasn't been in anything since Super Metroid I think? Everything after is either full body zero suit or actual (if skintight) clothes.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    My Olimar showed up today. He might honestly be my favorite amiibo. Love the helmet.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    My classic 8 bit mario, olimar, ZSS, and ganondorf arrived today. I bought Ganondorf for completeness with the Zelda set, but I'm really impressed with the other 3, Mario especially. Olimar's helmet is really well done as well.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Had to go by Target yesterday, and figured I'd check their amiibo section. It's embarrassingly empty, like it honestly feels like my Target doesn't restock anything.

With that said, they had a shelf off to the side away from their normal amiibo section full of Dr. Marios, so I grabbed one. He's pretty detailed and neat.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Target is the worst place to go for amiibo (I say this as someone who works there). They don't restock the figures. At all. Anything that's on the peg is just something that sold way below expectation. We didn't restock Luigi, he just never sold out to begin with.

The only thing going for them on new wave days (aside from the exclusive figures), is the fact that they open before TRU/BB/GS, so you could hit them up before heading to those other places, but if you're hardcore about it, you're probably already in line at one of those places before 8am.

• Options
    So...Has anyone said if the 30th anniversery amiibos were going to be an actual (very) short run and not rereleased? I've seen some places mention that it was a limited order, but its silly given that mario maker will probably be one of the top releases for nintendo this year and it has its own special tool as a reward from it.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man, I hope the 30th anniversary amiibo gets restocked. I'd really like to use that power up in the game, but I don't want to pay $30 to a 3rd party on Amazon...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I guess I missed it - what does it unlock in Mario Maker?

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

the giant mario mushroom.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

What does regular Mario do?

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »

It gives Mario a modern color scheme.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »

It gives Mario a modern color scheme.

I'm ok with this.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    big picture in spoiler:
    xS1lanq.jpg

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    This week I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and brought a little friend along.
    splat.jpg

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Ha, I used to live in Sonora. Not too far from you.

Fun fact: my father-in-law helped build the Monterey Bay Aquarium. :)

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I see the loaded Infinity shelf and the bone empty amiibo shelf and wonder how much money Nintendo is losing by continually underestimating demand.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I see the loaded Infinity shelf and the bone empty amiibo shelf and wonder how much money Nintendo is losing by continually underestimating demand.

I just amuse myself by remembering that they don't want figures to languish on the shelves forever while I'm staring at the amiibo section that has tons of Marios languishing on the shelves forever and nothing else.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!