As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    no, it's amiibos

no it's #amiibos

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I definitely need a squishy metroid amiibo.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    There's also chatter on Twitter the Mario Odyssey Amiibo will be sold as a wedding three-pack, which is adorable.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    There's also chatter on Twitter the Mario Odyssey Amiibo will be sold as a wedding three-pack, which is adorable.

Confirmation that Peach is in a Polyamorous relationship?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    ARMS is getting the splatoon treatment with ongoing content updates, so I wouldn't give up hope for miibs just yet.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Pics of the E3 amiibo display

Also I can't find confirmation but apparently the new metroids will be a two-pack.

metroid2pack.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Well

at least this ensures that I'll only have to sell one kidney, instead of one kidney for each

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Basically it was I am done buying Amiibo
    Nintendo think again
    Still I was going to buy the Samus/Metroid pack having it as dual saves a lot of time
    The Wedding if it's a 3 pack then sold as I was going to get it for Bowser and Peach
    And the fire emblem ones are a given

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

It's true, unless Amazon is lying:
    https://www.amazon.com/Amiibo-Mario-Peach-Bowser-Wedding-3-Pack/dp/B071GPJSBL/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497451378&sr=8-2&keywords=Amiibo+wedding

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I can't stand ordering at Best Buy since they charge shipping for each one and not a flat amount.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    skeldare wrote: »
    I can't stand ordering at Best Buy since they charge shipping for each one and not a flat amount.

Everything was free shipping for me. Best Buy is also the only one you can get 20% off with gamer's club since Amazon discontinued that for toys to life

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Everything was free shipping for me. Best Buy is also the only one you can get 20% off with game's club since Amazon discontinued that for toys to life

Ah, nice. Must be a special thing. Last time I preordered amiibo the shipping wasn't free.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Everything was free shipping for me. Best Buy is also the only one you can get 20% off with game's club since Amazon discontinued that for toys to life

Ah, nice. Must be a special thing. Last time I preordered amiibo the shipping wasn't free.

They have been wonky. Last time I did it, it was free shipping if you spent a certain amount, which I think 3 amiibo in one order covered

• Options

They have been wonky. Last time I did it, it was free shipping if you spent a certain amount, which I think 3 amiibo in one order covered

Actually I just looked through my order history. I did get charged shipping when I preordered 2 amiibo a couple months ago but I think I was confusing with GameStop which is shit for shipping.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Pics of the E3 amiibo display

Also I can't find confirmation but apparently the new metroids will be a two-pack.

metroid2pack.jpg

Wierd that Cloud is an Amiibo.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That... was a big purchase. Luckily, ship to store + gamer rewards = not as bad as it could've been! Also weird that they only had individual entries for the Mario Wedding amiibo, but oh well.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Athenor wrote: »
    That... was a big purchase. Luckily, ship to store + gamer rewards = not as bad as it could've been! Also weird that they only had individual entries for the Mario Wedding amiibo, but oh well.

Yeah, I ended up ordering the Mario ones on a separate order, that way if the 3 pack goes up I can cancel them

They are still missing the Fire Emblem ones too

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Man I hate Gamestop ordering

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
      edited June 2017
      So the new Twilight Princess Link Amiibo is Gamestop.

What are the other two? They don't have "find a retailer" buttons on the amiibo site.

One is Best Buy, right? The other?

EDIT: Majora's Mask is Best Buy. Is the Skyward Sword one just general retailers?

The Dude With Herpes on
      Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
      Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
      Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      SS I thought was amazon but I don't think it or Corrin Player 2 have been sold yet

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
        TimFiji wrote: »
        SS I thought was amazon but I don't think it or Corrin Player 2 have been sold yet

As those are the last 2 exclusives I haven't been able to jump on.. well, besides the TP Link being sold out nearly instantly... yeah. I haven't heard anything about them.

Looks like Corrin P2 is becoming standard Corrin, if Fire Emblem Warriors is any indication. Then again, Team Ninja like their women, so...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
      • Options
        TairuTairu Registered User regular
        I think female Corrin won the FE popularity poll, which makes sense

Male Corrin reminds me of that one guy cosplaying as Robin from Teen Titans. You know the one.

• Options
        edited June 2017
        Yeah Corrin P2 and SS Link are both Amazon and for some weird reason they have not put them up for sale yet. I feel like Amazon is still treating amiibo as if it were 2015 and they sell out in 2 seconds. They do still sell out, sometimes, but it usually takes hours now at the worst. (and I still call shenanigans on GameStop selling out so fast on their exclusives... I fully expect horrible bundles to "mysteriously" pop up on launch day with "some extra stock we just found somewhere!")

Warlock82 on
      • Options
        Yeah Corrin P2 and SS Link are both Amazon and for some weird reason they have not put them up for sale yet. I feel like Amazon is still treating amiibo as if it were 2015 and they sell out in 2 seconds. They do still sell out, sometimes, but it usually takes hours now at the worst. (and I still call shenanigans on GameStop selling out so fast on their exclusives... I fully expect horrible bundles to "mysteriously" pop up on launch day with "some extra stock we just found somewhere!"

Amazon is terrible when it comes to amiibo preorders.

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • Options
        DirtyDirty Registered User regular
        I think I'm immune to most of these new amiibo. I'm not feeling the Metroid 2-pack, stopped caring about the FE franchise altogether, and the awesome Mario figures from SH Figuarts killed any interest I had in Mario amiibo. I'm tempted to get that Goron amiibo just to represent Gorons in general. I think I may get rid of one of BOTW Links though, since I kinda have too many.

• Options
        Yeah Corrin P2 and SS Link are both Amazon and for some weird reason they have not put them up for sale yet. I feel like Amazon is still treating amiibo as if it were 2015 and they sell out in 2 seconds. They do still sell out, sometimes, but it usually takes hours now at the worst. (and I still call shenanigans on GameStop selling out so fast on their exclusives... I fully expect horrible bundles to "mysteriously" pop up on launch day with "some extra stock we just found somewhere!"

Yeah, Amazon's usually great but I think I'm going to give up and put in a Best Buy order.

• Options
        OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
        Damn you Nintendo for making more Amiibo's I want and damn you PA forums for letting me know they were available...

• Options
        XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
        fuck you gamestop

$6 shipping for each one

also, fuck you best buy

not offering shipping (????!!!!) and somehow telling me that nearest store pickup was over 250 miles away

• Options
        edited June 2017

Yeah, Amazon's usually great but I think I'm going to give up and put in a Best Buy order.

Amazon removed toys to life from their 20% off thing anyways, so they are cheaper at Best Buy with gamer's club. I also saw it pointed out on reddit, if you don't have gamer's club but plan on buying all the amiibo, the amount of money you save pays for the whole subscription fee

Edit:
        Xaquin wrote: »
        fuck you gamestop

$6 shipping for each one

also, fuck you best buy

not offering shipping (????!!!!) and somehow telling me that nearest store pickup was over 250 miles away

Best Buy's site is garbage. If you see this, it either means the site is glitching AGAIN, or they are actually sold out but the site is not disabling the button properly yet

Edit 2: I took a peek. Try removing Mipha from your order. She looks sold out. Everything else seems fine

Warlock82 on
      • Options
        XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
        BLAH

I just want to be able to go to walmart or target and buy a damn hunk of plastic so nintendo gets richer and I get treasure falling from the sky in BoTW!

this should not be so difficult nintendo!

• Options
        OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
        I was unable to get Mipha and Urbosa on best buy, would not ship or store pickup so I'm assuming they sold out. All the rest worked. I bit the bullet and picked up those 2 on Gamestop for $4.99 shipping each (Best Buy was free shipping).

• Options
        Yeah the four BotW amiibo accidentally went up for a few hours or so last night (of course I missed it then) so I bet they are starting to sell out due to orders from last night taking a chunk of the stock already

• Options
        BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
        Xaquin wrote: »
        BLAH

I just want to be able to go to walmart or target and buy a damn hunk of plastic so nintendo gets richer and I get treasure falling from the sky in BoTW!

this should not be so difficult nintendo!

as someone who works in that hell I would say No as the one I work at is horrible about stocking let alone let alone trying the move last season's amiibo
        They still have the Mario Party ones up and have not moved them in months

• Options
        Aw poop, the wedding three-pack seems to be exclusive to Gamestop.

• Options
        Aw poop, the wedding three-pack seems to be exclusive to Gamestop.

I don't think so. Amazon has a listing for it. Best Buy just doesn't have it up for some reason. Maybe they'll have it later

• Options
        RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
        Both of my gamestop are all sold out on new Zelda amiibo preorders. :(
        Guess I'm waiting for Amazon orders to go up.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
      • Options
        ZythonZython Registered User regular
        edited June 2017

Everything was free shipping for me. Best Buy is also the only one you can get 20% off with gamer's club since Amazon discontinued that for toys to life

So...I accidentally put 2 of the metroid 2-packs in my cart, and shipping was free. Removing 1 gave me a $3.99 shipping. I think it's free above a certain amount. Probably $50.

Edit: Got my Metroid amiibos. And...I see that the Boo and Yarn Poochy amiibos are available at Gamestop's website. I need to think on this one.

Zython on
        Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
        Steam: pazython
      • Options
        PimsyPimsy Registered User regular
        Gamestop put up a four pack of all the new Zelda: Breath of the Wild amiibos. Might save you some money on shipping if you wanted to get them all.