As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Not considering Hey! Pikmin for even a second, but the new Pikmin Ammibo is fucking fantastic. The texturing on the rock pikmin is particularly impressive.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Wrong thread.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    plufim wrote: »
    Not considering Hey! Pikmin for even a second, but the new Pikmin Ammibo is fucking fantastic. The texturing on the rock pikmin is particularly impressive.

Hah, I almost preordered Hey Pikmin, Miitomo, and the amiibo a few weeks back but I want to play Miitomo more than Hey Pikmin, but it seemed weird to just order Miitomo and the amiibo.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I mean just look at these goofs.

w5tkbgozygs6.jpg
    00r7d3cwrzu4.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RIP purple and white Pikmin.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

I have hope they'll be back. Weren't they both in pikmin 3 multiplayer?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    plufim wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »

I have hope they'll be back. Weren't they both in pikmin 3 multiplayer?

Well I was mostly referring to their amiibo representation (I know they aren't in Hey! Pikmin though) but they were in Pikmin 3 multi but were basically useless.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I managed to get a Cloud Player 2 amiibo to go with my regular Cloud amiibo, so that's cool.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Updated post below.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    @maximumzero thanks man I appreciate it!

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    @maximumzero thanks man I appreciate it!

You're quite welcome. I'm glad everything arrived okay.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Ohhhh.... maybe Peach is going to get her bball back on.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Is the Guardian from BotW one of the rare Amiibos now? I was at Target the other day and they had four. I bought one; as well as the only Wolf Link, because I missed it when it first came around.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Is the Guardian from BotW one of the rare Amiibos now? I was at Target the other day and they had four. I bought one; as well as the only Wolf Link, because I missed it when it first came around.

They restocked it recently. They had a few at Best Buy here.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    P2 Corrin is back up on Amazon to order!

Luckily my amazon.jp order hadnt shipped yet, so i just cancelled that one.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    woo! Got my P2 Corrin in today!

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    NOACApYl.jpg

Here's what's left of the amiibo I want to part with if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM.

New in Box:
    Captain Falcon
    Samus
    Jigglypuff
    Shulk
    Lucas
    Ness
    Pit
    Charizard
    Mewtwo

Out of Box:
    Pikachu
    Wario

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Metroid pack available for preorder on Amazon.ca:

https://amazon.ca/dp/B071GPJ9TV/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1502955441

• Options
    One last call for my amiibo above before I start tossing them up on eBay.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    So my Sheik and SSB toon Link imports came and once out of the package are completely indiscernible from the NA counterparts.

Does anyone know of a more direct way to import amiibos that isn't going through resellers on amazon or ebay? Playasia doesn't have any of the 3 most recent Link ones in stock, and that's about the only import site I am really aware of.

I'd rather not pay $40-50 each for them.

And I wish I had known about the champion amiibos. Are they best buy exclusives?

EDIT: I'm really fucking annoyed at the amiibo unlocks in the new Metroid game. I really want to limit my amiibos to LoZ ones, and that is it, but they've actually locked real content behind the amiibos and damnit Nintendo. Extra shit? Fine. An entire game mode? Come on.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It is a damned either way scenario, either there's cool shit associated with them, or they're useless.

A way to split the difference might be early access to those modes? Maybe have it so amiibos let you skip the line and play that mode immediately, otherwise it's an end of game unlock

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Meh. Want Shield Knight.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Is there really that many amiibo to have a wall display like that?
    I feel bad as most of mine are in a large box or still in their display packages

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ...see, that would just make the completionist part of my brain scream "where's the rest of the Order of No Quarter?!?"

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I mean I would display them, but I don't have enough shelf space. Have 26 just hanging out in the open while the other 70 are in the closet.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Is there really that many amiibo to have a wall display like that?
    I feel bad as most of mine are in a large box or still in their display packages

If it makes you feel better, some of those are Skylabders and not all the displays are full. . . Yet.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    It is a damned either way scenario, either there's cool shit associated with them, or they're useless.

A way to split the difference might be early access to those modes? Maybe have it so amiibos let you skip the line and play that mode immediately, otherwise it's an end of game unlock

I thought what they did with BotW (the only game I've ever used amiibos on anyway) was fine. Cool stuff, but nothing vital, and a reason to keep using them.

I realize though it isn't wholly rational, because for actual content, like a hard mode, if it were a paid DLC (avoiding a conversation on DLC itself here, just assuming it is a given), fine. Here is my money, give me my content. But it feels different, likely because of the fucking supply issues, when instead of just handing them my money, I have to buy a thing that is hard as shit to find, before getting the same end result.

So I suppose, if I could just buy an amiibo on demand without having to jump through hurdles or stay up till 4am for a preorder or never see it ever, I think I could logic myself into accepting it. But since I can't even get the damn amiibos I want now, have no expectation of ever getting the Metroid amiibos, even if I convinced myself to collect them (breaking my promise to myself to stick to only LoZ ones), it is frustrating as all get out.

I imagine I'll get Samus Returns eventually, but besides knowing I just won't have time to play it when it comes out, knowing that I can't get the amiibos it will need to unlock the stuff, really turns me off from it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I like that the amiibo work in different games
    But locking content to certain ones seems lame

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Hey do we have any firm info on what the champion amiibo will unlock in BotW? Google is only giving me random speculation threads.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that they'll probably announce that when they announce the content of the second DLC.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Hey do we have any firm info on what the champion amiibo will unlock in BotW? Google is only giving me random speculation threads.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that they'll probably announce that when they announce the content of the second DLC.

I personally think it will be one playable mission for each champion but who knows

• Options
    I think it'd be an exclusive costume and weapon drop at most.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Just got notice that my Samus Returns 2-pack will be ready for pickup tomorrow. Yay!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Looks like they are finally reprinting some of the 25th anniversary amiibo like 8-bit Link

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Hoping we get a Kirby reprint for the upcoming 3DS and Switch titles.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Guy at Best Buy said there werent any Metroid amiibo for 150 miles.. Said they only got one and it was a store pickup.

edit: he said I'd probably have better luck importing from Japan, lol.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Guy at Best Buy said there werent any Metroid amiibo for 150 miles.. Said they only got one and it was a store pickup.

edit: he said I'd probably have better luck importing from Japan, lol.

It was actually on sale online for store pickup this morning at my local Best Buy, and my order went through and it said preparing. Then about an hour ago I got a "out of stock" email from Best Buy. I went on Gamestop to check the availability, and it's saying EVERY store within a 15 mile radius has availability. So I'm going to call and check out if they do.