As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Just when you think you know the page # answers, [Wrestle] thread changes the questions

1113114115116117119»

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    rip lil naitch

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    lesnar flipping the undertaker off was a pretty good attempt at salvaging that
    Yeah that was really great but everything from the botched bell ring till that fuckin sucked

CYpGAPn.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    So Taker is heel.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    ReynoldsShadowenThe BetgirlBloodsheedAndy Joe
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    that finish not only ruined the match, it's trying really hard to ruin the whole show

You're a bit of an overreactor

Johnny ChopsockyWhippypawa24
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    save us paul heyman

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    if they didnt do the bell contraversey, it would have been a good finish

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

It was the Bret/Austin mania 13 finish

But this was no Bret/Austin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UnbreakableVow
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Someone said this might be show of the year. It was a contender until that finish. Still a good show but my lasting memory will be that weak finish.

Devlin_Dragonus
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It was really good up until the dumb bell ring

BlankZoeSTATE OF THE ART ROBOTMs DapperRaijin QuickfootfacetiousShadowenReynoldsMagellWhippy
    Show was still really really good

That finish was ass from a butt though, good god

CYpGAPn.png
    facetiousThe Betgirl
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oh well, back to Disneyland!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Goose!The BetgirlMagell
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Sigh...

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    The contrast between the show today and the NXT show yesterday could not be more apparent. And it is a REAL BUMMER.

iG3kv1d.png
    PwnanObrienReynoldsCuvisTheConquerorSweeney Tom
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Would have preferred a ref bump over that.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It was good enough to make me want to keep my subscription at least.

The BetgirlKilroyMyNameIsWalrusPwnanObrienAndy JoeMagellWhippyWeedLordVegetaMatevDevlin_Dragonus
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I feel like that wasn't the real finish

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

The Bret/Austin finish was a ref stoppage because Austin was unconscious.

This has literally nothing in common with that other than taking place in a WWE ring.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    you can spin that story well enough in the aftermath, like...taker as the cagey vet who knows where robinson is and taps where he knows he can't see, then hides his arm when the bell rings so that he can get out of a hold he couldn't get out of otherwise, then takes advantage of the confusion to steal a win...it makes sense

it doesn't make sense as the close of a show like this, or as the culmination of this feud, but heyman will do good work with it

BloodsheedNiryaThe BetgirlShadowenKilroyPwnanObrienWeedLordVegetaDevlin_DragonusLBD_Nytetrayn
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    The shittiest part I think is the fact that the Undertaker did legitimately tap out; so everyone looks shitty in the end.

Sweeney TomMaximumKilroyReynoldsShadowenPwnanObrienTransporterMagellWeedLordVegetaDevlin_DragonusLBD_Nytetrayn
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    We miss you every day Dusty

Whippy
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I can see the appeal of "UT taps out, ref doesn't see it, match is stopped, UT takes advantage with a low blow and Lesnar passes out in the Hells Gates, both men win, no one loses" but without some sort of "the official is restarting the match!" announcement, the big spectacle at the end was just people sitting there going "Why are they still going?".

Potentially ok idea, bad execution.

cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
    Devlin_Dragonus
    Also yeah Undertaker looks like a desperate shitty heel old man now

Dude tapped then punched his opponent in the dick behind the ref's back to win

If they embrace that I'll be happy but having this whole HE'S THE UNSTOPPABLE PHENOM shit when he has to do stuff like that is duuuumb

CYpGAPn.png
    UnbreakableVowCuvisTheConquerorShadowenThe BetgirlSTATE OF THE ART ROBOTKilroyReynoldsPwnanObrienTransporterMagellLBD_Nytetrayn
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    Euphemon wrote: »
    The contrast between the show today and the NXT show yesterday could not be more apparent. And it is a REAL BUMMER.

Both were excellent shows.

BlankZoeJohnny ChopsockyNiryawirehead26The BetgirlKreutzWhippyDevlin_Dragonus
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, as someone pointed out...every match last night was a clean finish.

The two biggest matches tonight both had screwy finishes. I'm not sure if more happened before that, I got in late.

uyvfOQy.png
    Sweeney Tom
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    That was one of many examples of WWE booking something for the tv audience and not the live audience, so even if it had worked for the tv audience (it didn't) the fact that it killed all the heat for the live crowd alone would have sunk it for the tv audience as well.

They also just have such a weird aversion to clean finishes in general, it's really frustrating.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

The Bret/Austin finish was a ref stoppage because Austin was unconscious.

This has literally nothing in common with that other than taking place in a WWE ring.

I meant Brock defiantly refusing to tap until he passes out. you know the thing I am specifically quoting in that post

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, this is
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Also yeah Undertaker looks like a desperate shitty heel old man now

Dude tapped then punched his opponent in the dick behind the ref's back to win

If they embrace that I'll be happy but having this whole HE'S THE UNSTOPPABLE PHENOM shit when he has to do stuff like that is duuuumb

Yeah

This is some heel-ass shit

ShadowenReynolds
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    The shittiest part I think is the fact that the Undertaker did legitimately tap out; so everyone looks shitty in the end.

I don't know, Brock was protected about as well as he could have been. Taker legit taps, false finish leads to low blow, Brock passes out instead of tapping.

We're getting the one more of these.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the next challenger for the nxt title is:

facetiousSweeney TomNiryaGoose!The BetgirlMs DapperShadowenAndy JoeWhippyDevlin_DragonusLBD_Nytetrayn
This discussion has been closed.