Options

Just when you think you know the page # answers, [Wrestle] thread changes the questions

15681011119

Posts

  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    This weekend's UFC 190 was a giant success for the UFC, as it appears they have yet another monster pay-per-view on their hands, thanks in large part to Ronda Rousey. Wrestling Observer Newsletter's Dave Meltzer said that he's seen the DirecTV numbers for the event, and they're huge.

    "As far as North America goes, it probably beat every WrestleMania ever. Maybe, maybe not Austin-Rock (WM17), but I can't be sure." Meltzer said on today's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio. For the record, the domestic record for WrestleMania buys is 970,000 for WrestleMania 17.

    Holy shit

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Been on the fence about the ROH Philly show. Last time the Briscoes got wrecked by Nakamura and Okada and I don't really want to have that memory sullied.

  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    tumblr_nrcdc8O9vV1qf7xjao1_1280.png
    tumblr_nrcdc8O9vV1qf7xjao3_1280.png

    Legit tearing up at work over this.

    Oh god me too

    That is heartbreak

  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hahaha, okay, yeah, that Daniel Bryan v HHH match was pretty fun.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    This weekend's UFC 190 was a giant success for the UFC, as it appears they have yet another monster pay-per-view on their hands, thanks in large part to Ronda Rousey. Wrestling Observer Newsletter's Dave Meltzer said that he's seen the DirecTV numbers for the event, and they're huge.

    "As far as North America goes, it probably beat every WrestleMania ever. Maybe, maybe not Austin-Rock (WM17), but I can't be sure." Meltzer said on today's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio. For the record, the domestic record for WrestleMania buys is 970,000 for WrestleMania 17.

    Holy shit
    This doesn't seem very surprising to me?

    UFC is huge and a lot more mainstream than wrestling has been since, like, Hulkamania

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Next is the tag-team match with Shield.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Next is the tag-team match with Shield.

    The best match Kane and The New Age Outlaws ever had.

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    RIP THE SHIELD

    NEVER FORGET

    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    RIP THE SHIELD

    NEVER FORGET

    WLOdg8m.jpg?1

    I STILL BELIEVE

  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I constantly worry that It's A Work! peaked too early with our dramatic reading of Law Dogs

  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    You're saying you had a peak?

    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    what would turn Rollins face

    that is the hurdle

  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    RIP THE SHIELD

    NEVER FORGET

    That Shield win was pretty rad.

    Also, the Battle Royale was surprisingly fun.

    I'm glad Kofi Kingston lasted as long as he did. Dude had some cool moves.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Kofi is a treasure in battle royales and the Royal Rumble.

  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    an angle where Rollins gets hit on the head and thinks he's still in The Shield would be great

  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Kofi is straight up a treasure.

    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what would turn Rollins face

    that is the hurdle

    admit that he sold out, apologize to dean and roman, hit triple h with a phoenix splash

  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    an angle where Rollins gets hit on the head and thinks he's still in The Shield would be great

    I would pay infinite dollars for this.

  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    then when he puts it all back together by watching the WWE Network for 9.99 he is disgusted by his path

  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    This weekend's UFC 190 was a giant success for the UFC, as it appears they have yet another monster pay-per-view on their hands, thanks in large part to Ronda Rousey. Wrestling Observer Newsletter's Dave Meltzer said that he's seen the DirecTV numbers for the event, and they're huge.

    "As far as North America goes, it probably beat every WrestleMania ever. Maybe, maybe not Austin-Rock (WM17), but I can't be sure." Meltzer said on today's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio. For the record, the domestic record for WrestleMania buys is 970,000 for WrestleMania 17.

    Holy shit
    This doesn't seem very surprising to me?

    UFC is huge and a lot more mainstream than wrestling has been since, like, Hulkamania

    It's surprising in the sense that they've finally had their biggest show, and it was...this. Aside from Rousey, the card really wasn't that much to write home about. The fights were alright for the most part, but even the build was nothing special. Nogs Bros are eh, especially now at their age let alone when they were younger, Struve was coming off a heart problem for a fight in a division nobody cares about, Ultimate Fighter Brazil's probably been their worst TUF season in years, and nobody on Earth thought Ronda was losing; they just wanted to see how bad she'd destroy the person who made a suicide joke to her shortly after talking about her dad.

    This basically makes Ronda a bonafide legend of the sport at a time when every other one's fallen, and it's pretty surprising to see. Years ago Dana still had the "no female fighters ever" policy, and now a female fighter is their confirmed biggest draw, potentially even bigger than their UFC 100 stacked event which is insane

  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    then when he puts it all back together by watching the WWE Network for 9.99 he is disgusted by his path

    Or even better, it's heel Rollins pretending to have Amnesia after getting hit in the head to get back into the Shield.

  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    RIP THE SHIELD

    NEVER FORGET

    That Shield win was pretty rad.

    Also, the Battle Royale was surprisingly fun.

    I'm glad Kofi Kingston lasted as long as he did. Dude had some cool moves.
    STILTS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CESARO

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    RIP THE SHIELD

    NEVER FORGET

    That Shield win was pretty rad.

    Also, the Battle Royale was surprisingly fun.

    I'm glad Kofi Kingston lasted as long as he did. Dude had some cool moves.
    STILTS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CESARO

    When he picked up Kofi I was like, "Wait, is he gonna swing that dude by his legs?'

    And then I was like, "HELL YEAH HE'S GONNA SWING THAT DUDE BY HIS LEGS!"

    Also...I guess we're gonna have some interpretive dance and a weird as hell music video to introduce the Cena match.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Cesaro is the best and also the most handsome so good work

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    cesaro is very strong

  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what would turn Rollins face

    that is the hurdle

    I mean if Brock lesnar is the example to follow

    He just has to beat john cena, instant face turn

  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    RIP THE SHIELD

    NEVER FORGET

    That Shield win was pretty rad.

    Also, the Battle Royale was surprisingly fun.

    I'm glad Kofi Kingston lasted as long as he did. Dude had some cool moves.
    STILTS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CESARO

    When he picked up Kofi I was like, "Wait, is he gonna swing that dude by his legs?'

    And then I was like, "HELL YEAH HE'S GONNA SWING THAT DUDE BY HIS LEGS!"

    Also...I guess we're gonna have some interpretive dance and a weird as hell music video to introduce the Cena match.

    His swings are the best

  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what would turn Rollins face

    that is the hurdle

    Still say we're gonna have an Authority angle where Triple H becomes jealous of the success Rollins is having with the Pedigree and they turn on him.

    Hell, have it next time Batista comes back for a spell, have Triple H recruit Orton back into the fold because in the end he'd rather do business with him than Rollins and restart the Shield v. Evolution feud.

    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    This man standing next to Wyatt is wearing a sheep mask. His giant red beard is sticking out. It is surreal and mildly creepy.

    Also: RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAPIDOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Is

    Is Wyatt, like, a hillbilly cult leader?

    Is that what's happening now?

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    yes.

    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Is

    Is Wyatt, like, a hillbilly cult leader?

    Is that what's happening now?

    He is, in the WWE storyline, a demon possessing the corpse/body of a failed wrestler.

    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Is

    Is Wyatt, like, a hillbilly cult leader?

    Is that what's happening now?

    Yes, he is. And when he's booked right, he's the creepiest character in wrestling.

    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Is

    Is Wyatt, like, a hillbilly cult leader?

    Is that what's happening now?

    He is, in the WWE storyline, a demon possessing the corpse/body of a failed wrestler.

    Reading about that sometime last year is what got me to try watching wrestling. So I'll forever love Bray Wyatt even if he can be kind of lame.

  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Xehalus wrote: »
    what would turn Rollins face

    that is the hurdle

    what do you mean, turn him face

  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Is

    Is Wyatt, like, a hillbilly cult leader?

    Is that what's happening now?

    He is, in the WWE storyline, a demon possessing the corpse/body of a failed wrestler.

    Hahaha, yeah, okay

    I'm into that

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwEsCOYCkL8

    stilts here is some wyatt backstory

  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Here's all of the Bray Wyatt backstory you need to know...

    qmgo31555rig.jpg

This discussion has been closed.