Options

Just when you think you know the page # answers, [Wrestle] thread changes the questions

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Is

Is Wyatt, like, a hillbilly cult leader?

Is that what's happening now?

He is, in the WWE storyline, a demon possessing the corpse/body of a failed wrestler.

for clarity

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i think you'll find that bray wyatt is an army tank with a ferrari engine

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    cesaro is very strong

but is he strong enough to lift the steps

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    my favorite part of Raw was Owens and Cesaro telling Miz to shut up at the same time

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    cesaro is very strong

cesaro could lift the moon

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    cesaro is very strong

cesaro could lift the moon

I would welcome it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Roman looked boss as hell in that match

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Here's a list of features in 2k16
    • MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.
    • Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!
    • WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows
    • Online has been "overhauled."
    • Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole.
    • Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.
    • No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance!
    • Improved ref and manager AI.
    • You have a limited stock of reversals that you regain over time.

Limited reversals is great because it gets annoying playing the AI and having everyfuckingthing get reversed.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm watching Raw right now
    Neville v Rollins was great, and I agree that JBL and commentary in general has been a lot better.
    I do want to make a special mention of New Days entrance though, and especially Big E's clapping strut.
    I need a gif of that. But even tumblr isn't providing me one.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Kilroy wrote: »

I watch this and wonder how the fuck WWE could have blown it so badly.

EDIT: I mean, say what you want about him in the ring, but that crowd was eating out of his hand and now they don't care? And that's all bad booking.

Goose! on
  • Options
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I still hope New Day becomes the next Shield where they are super serious and take over the WWE by force

Xehalus on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Roman Reigns was built for Trios matches.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    There's a lot of negatives to say about the wwe and their execution on angles but the new day absolutely isn't one of them

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    don't fuck with this Senator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOkULDDlifM

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Armstrong is such a heel

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Maaaan, why does Amell on Raw in Seattle have to be the week of my anniversary trip?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    because you failed your city

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    http://i.imgur.com/hq1nyJY.gif

MY GOD WHAT A FEAT OF INCREDIBLE STRENGTH HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE

I thought when the ring was hit by the steps it would collapse into a thousand pieces.

I hear that technicians have to spend 3 days ahead of the show strengthening the floor to take the weight of the steps.

Also, mad props to Lesnar for throwing something and not killing an audience member this time.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Radius wrote: »

Roman Reigns: Born to be the Hot Tag.
    There's a lot of negatives to say about the wwe and their execution on angles but the new day absolutely isn't one of them

You must have missed their initial face run.

Thankfully, they've recovered beautifully.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    worried about the ring?

i was worried about the entire SAP center, nay, the entire city of san jose, would the ground beneath them completely collapse back into the earth when the stairs hit the ring

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Roman Reigns: Born to be the Hot Tag.

You must have missed their initial face run.

Thankfully, they've recovered beautifully.

Their face run was terrible but they turned it around and are now really good

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    worried about the ring?

i was worried about the entire SAP center, nay, the entire city of san jose, would the ground beneath them completely collapse back into the earth when the stairs hit the ring

worried, or hoping?

• Options
    some family and friends live there!

so both.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    New Day seems to be starting to get smark face cheers though.
    They were selling it as a solid "New Day Sucks" chant but it sounded pretty mixed to me.

In general the crowd was pretty hot tonight, and it does so much for the product.
    The fact that Neville got "One More Time" for the Red Arrow is a real boost to him.
    And Cesaro looking fine, doing great on the mic, and having the Cesaro section bumped him up too.
    I noticed that Charlotte was getting a real good crowd reaction too, even if part of it is the crowd loving to "woo"

Also Stardust is now sequined.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    New Day has been getting smark cheers since they had their turn and started being hilarious

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    This weekend's UFC 190 was a giant success for the UFC, as it appears they have yet another monster pay-per-view on their hands, thanks in large part to Ronda Rousey. Wrestling Observer Newsletter's Dave Meltzer said that he's seen the DirecTV numbers for the event, and they're huge.

"As far as North America goes, it probably beat every WrestleMania ever. Maybe, maybe not Austin-Rock (WM17), but I can't be sure." Meltzer said on today's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio. For the record, the domestic record for WrestleMania buys is 970,000 for WrestleMania 17.

Holy shit

Hey vince

women make money too when you take the seriously

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    This weekend's UFC 190 was a giant success for the UFC, as it appears they have yet another monster pay-per-view on their hands, thanks in large part to Ronda Rousey. Wrestling Observer Newsletter's Dave Meltzer said that he's seen the DirecTV numbers for the event, and they're huge.

"As far as North America goes, it probably beat every WrestleMania ever. Maybe, maybe not Austin-Rock (WM17), but I can't be sure." Meltzer said on today's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio. For the record, the domestic record for WrestleMania buys is 970,000 for WrestleMania 17.

Holy shit

Hey vince

And stumble onto a once-in-a-generation force of nature.

The two simple steps to making tons of money.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Holy shit

Hey vince

It's pro wrestling. You can book anyone to be a once-in-a-generation force of nature, you don't have to wait for it to occur naturally.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    You guys, those Honma screencaps are from the AXS show covering last year's G1. There's a whole new year of heartbreaking losses for you to be watching.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    You guys, those Honma screencaps are from the AXS show covering last year's G1. There's a whole new year of heartbreaking losses for you to be watching.

you monster

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    reading the AV Club's Raw review and saw this at the end:
    I hate Becky Lynch’s steampunk gear. Why does she even have it? It’s not like it’s part of her character or anything.

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »

Holy shit

Hey vince

It's pro wrestling. You can book anyone to be a once-in-a-generation force of nature, you don't have to wait for it to occur naturally.

Because if wrestling has taught us anything, it's that pushing someone hard means that people will love them and want to see more of them.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Just got back from running errands and finished off watching the Wyatt v Cena match.

Which was...fairly anticlimactic. Especially considering the fun matches that came before that one.

Wyatt was a lot of fun to watch, though.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Just got back from running errands and finished off watching the Wyatt v Cena match.

Which was...fairly anticlimactic. Especially considering the fun matches that game before that one.

Wyatt was a lot of fun to watch, though.

Welcome to Bray Wyatt booking

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Just noticed WWE is now selling a Money In the Bank lunch box. Love it.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Just noticed WWE is now selling a Money In the Bank lunch box. Love it.

Oh man, need to get that to go with my Watchmen Lunchbox. Me and Batista, collecting them lunchboxes.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »

Holy shit

Hey vince

Because if wrestling has taught us anything, it's that pushing someone hard means that people will love them and want to see more of them.

It's really a super difficult balance. We rag on WWE for their booking, most of which rightly so, but you never really know where the next big star comes from.

I'd make a joke about just pushing the "internet darlings" only but it might actually start coming to that in the near future.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    You can't book someone to be a Rousey. Rousey has charisma, talent, and looks, if she were lacking any one of those she wouldn't be successful as she is especially in terms of branching outside of UFC into films and such.

They booked Reigns as dominant and people hated him because it was forced and because he didn't have the talent or charisma.

Bryan has charisma and talent but is held back by his looks, though that's on WWE's end, especially considering that Bryan would have probably qualified for the RAW WWE WHC open challenge that was meant to be restricted to pretty much Torito (I'm still surprised that Neville falls under 200 though, that can't be genuine).

This discussion has been closed.