Options

Paradox Can Into Space With [Stellaris]

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    Oh nice, I wasn't sure that the onboard GPU was powerful enough. The only worry is the processor then, though I don't think 100MHz will make that much difference to the gameplay.

Min recs are often just to cover the companies' butt, just so they can say there's a certain level of system that the game won't officially support. That doesn't mean that it won't be perfectly playable.

They've said something similar about their multiplayer capacity. They officially support 32 players, but it's more than likely that the game will be able to handle more.

I've noticed that with Paradox games that the minimum requirements are generally quite forgiving, though you often get very slow late games.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    Thanks a5ehren! Looks like I'll be pre-ordering.

Really what I'm looking forward to is all the mods that are going to come out for this game. I'm really excited to see if people start modelling other universes, Star Wars, Mass Effect etc. My favorite part of Pdox games is building my own narrative around the nations/conflicts, and coincidentally the one thing I found missing from my EU4 games was how the culture/ethics of the nation, so Stellaris is right in my wheelhouse.

If you pre-order it from steam just before release, you can use the refund policy.
    The only problem I can think off with that is that this game may become significantly more heavier in late game, where you won't be in 2 hours.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, things can start to get real crunchy if you try and run at max speed.

Seems that green man Gaming are having some sort of sale, 20% off with voucher code 20PERC-SAVING-APRIL1

Campy on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

Seems that green man Gaming are having some sort of sale, 20% off with voucher code 20PERC-SAVING-APRIL1

Can you get the nova edition from them?

Edit: You can :hydra:

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Can you get the nova edition from them?

Yes

• Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    GMG have a steeper discount code, 25% with WATCH25. It also works on a few other upcoming titles to those curious.
    https://www.greenmangaming.com/ones-to-watch

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    GMG really stepping up their discount game lately.

That's okay though, I'm happy to give the full price for this game to show support for it.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DockenDocken Registered User regular
    Tertiee wrote: »
    GMG have a steeper discount code, 25% with WATCH25. It also works on a few other upcoming titles to those curious.
    https://www.greenmangaming.com/ones-to-watch

Great code!

Just jumped on Stellaris, Warhammer and the Banner Saga!

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    http://kaisersly.github.io/stellaris_race_maker/

I can't decide between space Bros and space rats.

Usually the fast start is the winning strategy but who knows.

The Broman empire
    fanatic materialist
    Individualist

Indirect democracy

Very Strong

Solitary
    Repugnant

40% Army damage
    +4 Core sector planets
    +10% Energy credits
    +10% Engineering output
    +5% Ethics divergence
    -5% Happiness
    +10% Minerals
    -1% Other species happiness per POP
    +10% Physics output
    -50% Slavery tolerance
    +10% Society output

vermin supreme
    materialist
    Xenophobic
    Militaristic

Despotic hegemony

Extremely adaptable
    Weak
    Repugnant
    Decadent

Can build an elite assault army
    +50% Alien slavery tolerance
    +50% Alliance cost
    -10% Army damage
    +5% Engineering output
    +20% Habitability
    -1% Other species happiness per POP
    +5% Physics output
    +5% Research speed
    -10% Resource output without slaves
    +25% Rivalry influence gain
    +5% Society output
    +10% Survey speed
    +5% War happiness
    +50% War tolerance
    +10% Xenophobia

rockrnger on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The Hive:
    Collectivist
    Fanatic Materialist
    Despotic Hegemony
    Intelligent
    Quick Learners
    Non adaptive
    Can build an elite assault army
    +20% Engineering output
    -5% Food requirement
    -10% Habitability
    +25% Leader experience gain
    +20% Physics output
    +5% Research speed
    +50% Slavery tolerance
    +20% Society output
    +10% Survey speed

The United Nations of Sol
    Materialist
    Individualist
    Militarist
    Indirect Democracy
    Quick Learners
    Rapid Breeders
    +50% Alliance cost
    +10% Army damage
    +10% Energy credits
    +5% Engineering output
    +5% Ethics divergence
    -10% Growth time
    +25% Leader experience gain
    -10% Leader recruitment cost
    +1 Leader skill levels
    +5% Physics output
    +25% Rivalry influence gain
    -50% Slavery tolerance
    +5% Society output
    +5% War happiness
    +50% War tolerance

I'm going to lose a lot of time doing this, I think.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Whelp, grabbed the Galaxy Edition from GMG with 25% off. Would've bought straight from Paradox, but I kinda really wanted the soundtrack and ebook, too. (Oh, and Art book would be nice, too?), but not €30 wanted them. But for €12.50 extra? Sure, sign me up.
    Assuran wrote: »
    The United Nations of Sol

Don't forget to name your very largest ships after impact events.

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I'll probably go for something like a fanatic materialist and militarist, with Science Directorate. Other than that... Not sure.

Basically I want to make the Dark Age of Technology version of Terra, with the Men of Iron and all that. Except keep all that shit together instead of letting it unravel.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The Holy Genome Empire. Bask in the Glory of our Most Divine Emperor's Genetic Perfection! It is the responsibility of all Citizens to honor the Gods and their Divine Agent, the Emperor, through Genetic Purity. It is the duty of all Citizens to report genetic aberrations. Genetic Purity means Piousness, Piousness means Harmony, Harmony means Security!
    Xenophobe
    Collectivist
    Spiritualist

Divine Mandate

Communal
    Conformists

Can build a mausoleum, which grants -10% ethics divergence on the planet on which it is built
    +50% Alien slavery tolerance
    -20% Ethics divergence
    -5% Food requirement
    +10% Happiness
    -10% Resource output without slaves
    +100% Slavery tolerance
    +50% War tolerance
    +10% Xenophobia

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    From wiki
    Artificial Moral Codes: It is circumstance that dictate what is moral. Define the circumstanes, and ethics is like clay in your hands
    Empire Leader Capacity: +2
    Unlocks Attachment: Commissar Squads

Not sure where they get commisars from that, but fear ensures loyalty.
    Powered Exoskeletons:Wearing a powered exoskeleton suit augments the user's strength and speed. The military applications are obvious, but it will also increase labor efficiency.
    Army Damage: +5%
    Minerals: +5%
    Unlocks Attachment: Power Armor
    Yey

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    I've made a terrible mistake guys.

I've just watched all the Blorg videos on youtube and have gone from "very excited" to "Is it possible to freeze myself until May 9th?"

Next paycheck Nova edition is getting pre-ordered.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Nova Edition nets me a soundtrack and Space spiders?
    boughted.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    How I picture my sentient ships:

https://youtu.be/3ht-ZyJOV2k

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Sentient ships?

There we go I'm doing a Culture run through.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    When this ship's a rockin', don't come a knockin' (because it's probably just Jerry venting excess solar radiation).

488W936.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Latest Dev Diary is up: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-30-late-game-crises.921629/
    Hi folks!

We’re getting close to release and there is not much left to talk about that we haven’t already covered. The only remaining major feature is, I believe, the “Late Game Crises” events, and I really don’t want to spoil them, so bear with me if I’m being slightly vague this time…

Now, last week I talked about how large empires will have to worry about keeping all manner of political Factions in check. This is one of the ways we try to keep the game interesting and challenging past that crucial point when you often tend to lose interest in most strategy games and feel that you’ve already won. It’s not much fun to spend hours of your life mopping up the final resistance just so you’ll get to see that sweet acknowledgement saying “Victory!”. Another way to keep a game interesting is through random occurrences that can upset your plans even at a very late stage. This is where dangerous technologies and late game crises enter the picture.

Some technologies are clearly marked as being “risky”, for example Robot Workers. Now, you might not always risk having your victory snatched out of your grasp, but in this case at least, you really are gambling with the fate of the galaxy. Just researching such a technology is safe; it’s the actual use of it that carries the danger. For example, the more sentient Robot Pops there are in the galaxy, the higher the risk is that they will come to deem organic life unfit to exist and rise up in a well-planned revolt. Unless crushed quickly and with overwhelming force, such a Machine Empire will quickly get out of hand and threaten all the remaining empires in the galaxy. Sentient robots will out-research and outproduce everyone. If the revolt is centered in a powerful rival empire, you’ll need to think carefully about when you want to intervene; a savvy player might time it just right and be able to mop up both the robots and the remnants of the rival empire. Leave it too long, however, and the robots will overwhelm you.

The idea is that you will usually see one of the possible late game crises every time you play, but the chances increase the longer it takes you to win. However, it’s very rare to see more than one in the same game. The different threats vary in nature and behaviour, and can offer opportunities as well as posing an enormous danger to your survival. For example, it might be possible to reverse engineer some really unique technologies from these galactic threats, but the geography of the galaxy might also change in your favor…

That’s it for now my friends! Next week, we’ll change tack completely, and do a two-part, in-depth guide for modders.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Sentient spaceships eh?

Time for my Normandy SR-X fleet.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Yesssss, more hypefeed for me to consume.

P.s. Totally making a race of Ricks what with the android game having a whole bunch of portraits ready for the modding in.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Yesssss, more hypefeed for me to consume.

P.s. Totally making a race of Ricks what with the android game having a whole bunch of portraits ready for the modding in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pYUHwIl0O8

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    I wonder if I can make my sentient ships fight the robot uprising?

Also I'll be sad if there's no way to diplomatically end the robo conflict.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Sentient ships?

... is anyone not planning on a Culture run-through?

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Sentient ships?

Only folks that have had the misfortune of not reading at least one Culture novel.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Am I going to have to buy myself some new books?

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    By culture, you mean biocultured slave species created whole cloth from the genes of my enemies to serve my empire obediently, right?

488W936.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I don't know, even the culture had a tough time running the culture sometimes, I am certainly interested, but the Imperium is right there .

• Options
    When an enemy settles land I want, it leads to war. I don't think I'm cut out to be the Culture.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Sentient ships?

Only folks that have had the misfortune of not reading at least one Culture novel.

Raises hand in shame

I know *of* the series but never got around to cracking open a book. Suggestions?

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I plan on at least one play-through where I switch my empire to control of the sentient robots.
    either through straight empire swap, or stealthily purging my own pops and replacing them with robot ones.

GaryO on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    I don't know, even the culture had a tough time running the culture sometimes, I am certainly interested, but the Imperium is right there .

The Imperium has hundreds of different cultures on a million planets. I think that's cultured enough between achieving mankind's birthright to the stars.

• Options
    I hope they add Synthetics as a phenotype. I want to do one play through as the Glitch from Starbound. The Glitch (for those not in the know) are a robot race that believes themselves to be a spacefaring medieval society. Complete with a monarch, knights, peasants, and so forth. :)

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Sentient spaceships eh?

Time for my Normandy SR-X fleet.

Sounds more like the Yuuzhan Vong to me.

I sort of hope that (as the last picture implies) you can at least try to resolve some late game crises in a diplomatic manner

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Are "diplomacy" and "diplomatic" fancy foreign words for "high powered plasma charges"?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    It means you look into my people's hypnotic eyes and they convince you that you didn't really want to fight us at all, and also, give all of your shit.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    oh god no don't do this to me

you just quadrupled the amount of time every playthrough is going to take me
    yes please, do this to me

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
This discussion has been closed.