As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcasts] U Talkin' U2 to U2

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    In each episode of Quality Control, Polygon editor-at-large Justin McElroy talks to a critic after they review a new game and allows them to add a little bit of extra context and insight. Why did they feel the way they did? What do they wish they had been able to discuss in more depth in their review? Also: Did they play it wrong?

In this episode, we talk with Griffin McElroy about his review of Super Mario Maker.

6F32U1X.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I just listened to that while I was finishing TWA

Lack of slopes really bums me out

The rest is very exciting

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I

Love

Pistol Shrimps Radio

nicopernicusMetacortexSporkAndrew
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    The Beastcast is so good.

KilroyWeedLordVegetaMaddoc
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I just spent far, far more time than reasonable trying to match up Tim Allen grunts to the Dragonzord summoning music

It didn't work

Dammit, you should have mentioned this earlier. I'm confident I could do it.

If you do I can easily put it in the episode and re-upload

Well, now I'm gonna be super distracted the rest of the work day.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

You're welcome buddy

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Listening to the latest beastcast where they're talking about talking to dan or going to youtube to figure out the plot of metal gear

ChincymcchillaBluedude152OmnipotentBagelSnicketysnickKilroyCilla BlackMs DapperNeoTomaSimBenSCREECH OF THE FARGDiarmuidmasterofmetroidLalabox
    Well, I just listened to a 15-minute compilation of Tim Allen grunting. And as insane as that sounds, consider this: for this video to exist someone needed to go through the entire collected works of Home Improvement, cut out every single grunt, and stitch them together.

Noteable pulls: "Firing squad or electric chair, it's all the same to me." "Oh yeah, just like the North Sea, where the men smell like fish." "And I like rebuilding, boy, hammer hammer, yeah, saw hammer." (Foghorn "The Toolman" Leghorn?) "Yeah, I like power in my jeans." "Oh, I hate new emotions." "Oh, I hate old emotions." (perfectly summing up the complexity of Tim Allen)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Well, I just listened to a 15-minute compilation of Tim Allen grunting. And as insane as that sounds, consider this: for this video to exist someone needed to go through the entire collected works of Home Improvement, cut out every single grunt, and stitch them together.

Noteable pulls: "Firing squad or electric chair, it's all the same to me." "Oh yeah, just like the North Sea, where the men smell like fish." "And I like rebuilding, boy, hammer hammer, yeah, saw hammer." (Foghorn "The Toolman" Leghorn?) "Yeah, I like power in my jeans." "Oh, I hate new emotions." "Oh, I hate old emotions." (perfectly summing up the complexity of Tim Allen)

This is what I tried to use too!

Good luck!

• MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    I

Love

Pistol Shrimps Radio

It's really good.

4FNao2T.png
    PoorochondriacSporkAndrew
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Oh damnnnn

I haven't listened to How Did This Get Made in forever but the latest ep is Furious 7 with Adam Scott

Speed RacerWeedLordVegetaSCREECH OF THE FARGYaYa
    Oh Shit

GB Playdate in 45 minutes

Until Dawn

hell yes

Cilla BlackSpeed RacerWeedLordVegetaSCREECH OF THE FARGYaYamasterofmetroid
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Until dawn sounds amazing and I am sad that it fell within striking distance of the metal gear singularity

HybridDiarmuid
    Until dawn sounds amazing and I am sad that it fell within striking distance of the metal gear singularity

I've been playing it every night with ms. chilla and it is the most fun we've had together with a game since the first skylanders

its an absolute blast

Part of me wants to do a metal gear podcast where each episode just spends as much time as needed to completely explain one aspect of the story

So like here's an episode about the philosophers/cipher/the patriots

Here's one that explains revolver ocelot's plans throughout the series

Etc etc

GR_Zombie
    Part of me wants to do a metal gear podcast where each episode just spends as much time as needed to completely explain one aspect of the story

Etc etc

You should've thought of that like 2 months ago because there is almost certainly a large audience for that that is diminishing

6F32U1X.png
    Speed RacerCilla Black
    Obviously it'd have to have a name that's a spoof on some other show

99% Camo Index

My Brother, my BROTHERRRRRRR, and Me

The Sound of Secret America

Honestly I thought of the 99% camo index joke and started this post up before coming up with any other funny jokes

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    You could name it "Metal Gear!?"

CQC For Your Lives
    Child Soldiers With Attitude

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Chincymcchilla
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Story and Explanation OSP

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    New Friends at the Table:
    Allie and Keith got fucked up in this episode

Also maybe it's all the RPPR I listen to but when Jorn(?) was talking about the thing they found under the ice my mind went 100% to "horrible eldritch cthulhu shit"

One Thousand Cables on
    WeedLordVegeta
    The Foxhound Whisperer

Wait that's a TV show

The Giant Meme Cast

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    This Zanzibar Life

Speed Racer
    edited September 2015
    Until Dawn Playdate has started

Edit: If you ever want to play until dawn I suggest you turn off the chat

People are spamming spoilers as hard as they can

Chincymcchilla on
    Griffin McElroy on whether or not Mario Maker contains the necessary components to recreate genitals:
    Reluctantly: Yeah, I mean obviously the first thing I did when I started playing was I made a super long pipe and put a big Goomba coming out of the top. I mean, yeah, that's what everybody's going to do on first go around. Now, am I proud of it? Yeah.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

jiggle physics gone wild: spring break 1984 at mother base

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I feel like if that election actually happened (It won't)

There's no way Kanye loses that right? Not a snowball's chance in hell?

if those were literally the only two options i know there are a lot of people would would rather spite kanye than spite trump

edit: also there are a lot of gross people who just want trump to win

The correct solution is to make them be Co-Presidents.

Because no one man should have all that power.

usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    august
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Etc etc

You should've thought of that like 2 months ago because there is almost certainly a large audience for that that is diminishing

well you can't truly explain everything until you've played the missing link

PNk1Ml4.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    mgsv is the third metal gear game to be advertised as "the missing link"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

Etc etc

I would totally be on that as a guy asking questions

GethSpeed Racer
    Of course Adam Scott's favorite Indiana Jones is Temple of Doom

6F32U1X.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Of course Adam Scott's favorite Indiana Jones is Temple of Doom

Well his favorite U2 record is How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, what do you expect.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cilla BlackBionicPenguin
    Maaaaaaaaan were the McElroys REAL mean-spirited in these early MBMBaMs

Griffin has advised that if any of their fans are juggalos they should commit suicide

and Justin vouched for the execution of mentally handicapped children

Fun goofs fun goof fun goofs!

6F32U1X.png
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    my choice to never dive that deep into the archives is being proven as a Good Choice every single time i hear someone talk about them

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    MaddocNeoTomaMs Dapper
    I dunno

I've been listening to their early stuff lately too

They punch down a lot and I'm really glad they don't do that stuff anymore

But it is absolutely clear that they don't mean what they say and knowing that they stopped doing that stuff when called on it really makes it pretty easy to look past it for me

They said crappy stuff five years ago

A lot of us did

Also not to confront you about it but why do you keep listening to it if its bothering you enough to mention it multiple times?

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    There is a lot.of gold in the early stuff but they've matured an awful lot

I don't know if it speaks more for their fanbase that they called them out or them that they actually listened.

Because I want to mark how bad they were to emphasize how much better they are now

6F32U1X.png
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i will listen to the bros better bros best and that's all the archive diggin' i need, tbh

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    WeedLordVegetaNeoTomaSCREECH OF THE FARGStiltsMs Dapper
    i will listen to the bros better bros best and that's all the archive diggin' i need, tbh

Yeah that'll probably get you most of the good stuff

Cilla BlackWeedLordVegeta
This discussion has been closed.