As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
We're funding a new Acquisitions Incorporated series on Kickstarter right now! Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/acquisitions-incorporated-the-series-2

[Heroes of the Storm] Lt. Morales (Medic) Coming Soon! Plus Vulture Mount!

19596979899101»

• SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    Drafting question... What do you choose in this case on Cursed Hollow where you're last pick on your team?

Your team has picked: Tassadar,Valla,Johanna,Thrall
    Enemy has picked: Falstad,Zagara,Raynor,Brightwing

I deliberated a bunch on it. Was thinking Tyrande for a long time, but ended up picking Jaina and then it occurred to me that Kharazeem might have also been a good pick.

Enemy then picked Muradin.

We won pretty handily... Their Raynor turned bot almost immediately and for the whole match, but honestly he played pretty similarly to most human Raynors. Tassadar is actually a kind of interesting pick for teams with squishies. Ours protected me well, and there was a game where I played against Hammer and Tassadar and crap that shield was just what Hammer needed to become nigh-invincible. At least early game.

But what would YOU pick?

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Supagoat wrote: »
    Drafting question... What do you choose in this case on Cursed Hollow where you're last pick on your team?

Your team has picked: Tassadar,Valla,Johanna,Thrall
    Enemy has picked: Falstad,Zagara,Raynor,Brightwing

I deliberated a bunch on it. Was thinking Tyrande for a long time, but ended up picking Jaina and then it occurred to me that Kharazeem might have also been a good pick.

Enemy then picked Muradin.

We won pretty handily... Their Raynor turned bot almost immediately and for the whole match, but honestly he played pretty similarly to most human Raynors. Tassadar is actually a kind of interesting pick for teams with squishies. Ours protected me well, and there was a game where I played against Hammer and Tassadar and crap that shield was just what Hammer needed to become nigh-invincible. At least early game.

But what would YOU pick?

Probably some heals. Kharazim would have been perfect.

Honestly, an AI Raynor is no Raynor at all. He might go to objectives and cycle through his abilities while auto-attacking, but there are so many clutch moments a good Raynor pulls off that his absence is huge. The timing and positioning of his battlecruiser, when he decides to knock back, etc.

Tassadar is a great support but he's no healer. He shines when he can focus on one (perhaps two) allies to get behind, but he can't keep a team alive when the chips are down. If Falstad, Zagara and Raynor were on point, I don't know that your team would have come out on top. At least on paper.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I am starting to get on board this two warrior meta thing. Those games we played last night really felt like having just one warrior vs two made you helpless. They could easily swarm any high damage dealer and bring them down. When two difficult to kill characters can just walk by anything and focus on someone, they take them out of the fight much better than anyone. Two Warriors does a lot of damage.

That being said, in that case I might have picked Arthas. The slow would go well with the setup of Jo pulling them, and he supposedly has the damage to keep everything going. All while not dieing. Also, having a second warrior with Jo means you just build for Condemn to have no CD and pull all the things.

Kai_San on