As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Schedule and Maps on Guidebook

2»

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Wraith90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the PAX Rising booth is on ExpoHall2? I've never seen it before and it has it's own logo.
    I've been curious about that, too.

EDIT: Found an article. Apparently it's something they're featuring in Australia, but it's also coming to Prime: http://stevivor.com/2015/07/pax-aus-pax-rising-area-will-focus-even-more-on-indie-games/#indiedev

Lazorz on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the PAX Rising booth is on ExpoHall2? I've never seen it before and it has it's own logo.

I'd never heard of it either, but google provided this clue:
    PAX Rising
    PAX Aus this year will feature an entire space dedicted to the rise of the independent game developers. A celebration of innovation, PAX Rising has been specifically created to feature the best of the Australian and New Zealand development scene plus a selection of exciting international independent games, amounting to over 70 developers in the one dedicated, collaborative space.

This includes the six winners of the PAX Aus Indie Showcase, the annual competition that highlights the best of the Australian & New Zealand development scene.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular

PAX Rising started at AUS and is a place dedicated to the rise of the independent game developers.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    In the letter that came with the badges, the first change tells us the queue room has been eliminated and that space has been evenly distributed throughout the halls so we will have more elbow room with the same amount of exhibitors.

Comparing the map to last year shows that is not really the case. There is clearly more exhibitors added and most of the layout of the booth numbers are very close to last year. There is some slight space added, but nowhere near the amount if the queue room space had been distributed evenly.

I know the maps are not to scale so I will reserve judgement until I actually experience the space, but on paper it doesn't look much roomier.

In specific problem areas, some increased from 10 feet to 15 feet. Other were increased to 23'. Chances are you won't be able to visually tell the difference on the others - increasing half a foot or a foot won't look like anything, but it IS there. Also, don't forget that the queue space didn't use up all of 4A. It used to be only about half because of the stage setup that's been there recently.

Some guy.
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    In the letter that came with the badges, the first change tells us the queue room has been eliminated and that space has been evenly distributed throughout the halls so we will have more elbow room with the same amount of exhibitors.

Comparing the map to last year shows that is not really the case. There is clearly more exhibitors added and most of the layout of the booth numbers are very close to last year. There is some slight space added, but nowhere near the amount if the queue room space had been distributed evenly.

I know the maps are not to scale so I will reserve judgement until I actually experience the space, but on paper it doesn't look much roomier.

In specific problem areas, some increased from 10 feet to 15 feet. Other were increased to 23'. Chances are you won't be able to visually tell the difference on the others - increasing half a foot or a foot won't look like anything, but it IS there. Also, don't forget that the queue space didn't use up all of 4A. It used to be only about half because of the stage setup that's been there recently.

It seemed to me that the worst offender, in terms of crowding, was the Indie Megabooth. I do see an extra isle added there so I hope that area received a healthy dose of the extra space.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015

It seemed to me that the worst offender, in terms of crowding, was the Indie Megabooth. I do see an extra isle added there so I hope that area received a healthy dose of the extra space.

I'm mostly ok with IMB cramming in. It's their own space, practically a sub-show. As long as they keep the aisles around them clear.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular

Yeah I remember trying to navigate that area last year. It was a mess. You just got into the mass of people and flowed around and hoped to find you way out if you got to a booth you wanted to see more. It reminded me of a walking tour rather than a alley way between booths.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    I find it interesting Bandland is up on 6 now, and a Geico booth where it has been the past few years

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm, it looks like the part of the map with the handheld lounge has disappeared from the web app for the time being

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    peetsnack wrote: »
    Why the fuck does Marriott have a booth? https://guidebook.com/guide/40130/poi/3837639/?pcat=141838
    Comcast had a booth one year. There are booths like that every year. They tend to be treated like pariahs, and the ultra-bored people staffing them will likely be really grateful to talk to anyone.

Still only the second-oddest booth I've ever seen at a PAX.

The oddest would be Chevy a few years back at PAA- At least marriot has the argument of there likely being a bunch of tourists at the con, but CHEVY?

Mind you, they had some decent tshirts.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Why the fuck does Marriott have a booth? https://guidebook.com/guide/40130/poi/3837639/?pcat=141838
    Comcast had a booth one year. There are booths like that every year. They tend to be treated like pariahs, and the ultra-bored people staffing them will likely be really grateful to talk to anyone.

The Comcast booth last year was AMAZING! Every day they had Burgertime challenges where you could win actual burgers. Boo for bad health choices but yay for free food!

• Options

The Comcast booth last year was AMAZING! Every day they had Burgertime challenges where you could win actual burgers. Boo for bad health choices but yay for free food!

That sounds pretty great. I was not able to attend last year, but I plan to try and hit all the least promising booths this year.

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    Yeah, hey that comcast booth was silly and unnecessary, but they literally gave you a free hamburger for each burger you made in a game of Burgertime. I may not have cared about whatever it was they were schilling, and still think that as a company they sucks balls, but I appreciated those burgers when the line for any other food at the time was long as fuck.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, hey that comcast booth was silly and unnecessary, but they literally gave you a free hamburger for each burger you made in a game of Burgertime. I may not have cared about whatever it was they were schilling, and still think that as a company they sucks balls, but I appreciated those burgers when the line for any other food at the time was long as fuck.
    The one thing you know you have in common with the people working that both is: you both hate Comcast.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Anyone know if/when they're going to add panelists names to the schedule? In previous years, you could even search by name.

• Options
    Marino wrote: »
    Anyone know if/when they're going to add panelists names to the schedule? In previous years, you could even search by name.
    I would expect regular schedule updates between now and PAX. There's always little tweaks to add.

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Hmm, it looks like the part of the map with the handheld lounge has disappeared from the web app for the time being

I was just getting frustrated about this myself. Can't see any of the setup inside the wscc that isn't expo. I hope that comes back soon.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Maybe they offer a dropoff location for guests that are attendees? I don't know.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited August 2015
    WSCC maps should be coming back soon, sorry for the inconvenience.

*edit*Oh also looks like the panelists are listed for their panels now

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    WSCC maps have returned. You may rejoice :-)

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    Beker wrote: »
    WSCC maps have returned. You may rejoice :-)
    My secret is that I'm always rejoicing.

• Options
    Is it just my nexus 5, or is the android app really, really prone to crashing?

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular

my wife and I are having the same problem with note 4 esp after using the maps. it says its a memory problem

• Options
    Solelron wrote: »

my wife and I are having the same problem with note 4 esp after using the maps. it says its a memory problem

That's the one.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Solelron wrote: »

That's the one.

Try uninstalling and redownloading. That fixed it for me.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    The official schedule is up! And it has some things not in the app, such as "Gabe and Tycho Q&A #3 - The Too Damn Early Edition" on Sunday, 11am

prime.paxsite.com/schedule

• Options
    The official schedule is up! And it has some things not in the app, such as "Gabe and Tycho Q&A #3 - The Too Damn Early Edition" on Sunday, 11am

prime.paxsite.com/schedule

You mean Monday, rest assured it is happening. If there are any discrepancies currently the prime.paxsite.com schedule should be treated as more accurate. Guidebook should be fixed and match it soon.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Now that I'm looking at the full schedule my only thought is: "Oh god, I need to attend ALL THE THINGS!"

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    "People doing panel" is still listed as an official panel. Now I'm very curious.

• Options
    "People doing panel" is still listed as an official panel. Now I'm very curious.

You think it's some Oprah level secret giveaway?

• Options
    Dammit, Friday's gonna be tight.

And I need to get up early on Sunday, for the glorious chaos that is the PAX Rumble.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png