As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go Even Further Beyond in [Dokkan Battle] with Dokkan Awakening!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I was wondering wher the real power creep was going to start.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    Vegeta's not even that good a card (you are actually required to use a weak team to get the awakening medals)

The real power creep hasn't even started yet.

July should be when the real power creep starts.

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Strongest_of_Fusion_Super_Gogeta

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Absolutely_Invincible_Warrior_Super_Gogeta

Once that character is released, if he isn't in your leader spot, it's because you don't have him.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Well... Shit.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    World Tournament is on finally.

80 wins to GSSR

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2016
    I am 100% not ready for the WT, where I was last week. Fucking Bandai.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    It gets better.

Bandai has done the stupid shit that I was worried the company was going to do.

Data mining had shown the Gotenks strike starting on 4/2 and the Buu dokkanfest starting on 4/6 back when the tournament was supposed to start on 3/24.

The only thing that moved was the tournament.

The Gotenks strike event is going on simultaneously with the tournament and ends with the tournament. 4/2 to 4/5 (very short for the first run of a strike event, especially for a mandatory character)

Players have to choose between the tournament and having a chance at defeating Buu this dokkanfest.

This is on top of the tournament being moved in the first place so Bandai could make it harder.

ex. Enemies do a shitton more damage, with supers killing you outright if you don't block. Guarding is paramount so soaking up damage to get type advantage for more points is out of the question. Enemies will come straight at you on the field stage so you can no longer farm the items on them.

Gachas are gonna gacha, but they usually aren't this fucking blatant about it.

Edit: I don't know if it's pure RNG but I saw quite a few people on reddit fighting Agi Gotenks on Z-hard (which guarantees a drop of both Failed Gotenks). The same thing happened for me.

So it might not be that bad, but definitely take a break to try and get Gotenks.

BigJoeM on
  • Options
    Huh. Seems like I made the right choice of playing Pokemon as I had planned for this weekend.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Buu Dokkan Festival has started.

Just did my first run of the event and it is by far the easiest 40 stamina battle to date.

Supreme Power makes every character hit like a truck (ex. SR Str Great Saiyaman attacked for 13.5k damage and did almost 60k to Phy Kid Buu)

The hardest phase of the battle is the second phase with no candy against Evil Buu, Super Buu or Buucollo.

I imagine this stage is almost laughably easy with the Str Spirit Bomb Goku (Str character, mini nuker, supreme power and he can recover with candy)

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hooray, unless some shenanigans happened between my last run and the servers going down like 10 minutes later I should be in the 1500's for this world tournament. If I hadn't had to actually do stuff yesterday I probably could have been higher than 1k.

Thank you based Broly.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I got my 80 wins on Saturday and just ground the prelims to maintain rank; should be in the top 2500.

Probably going to use one ticket, and pray i don't get a dupe.

Saving the other one for the next tournament so i get three chances at getting a nuker.

Edit: Change of plans. My GSSR ticket got me an Evil Buu, now i'm definitely using my other ticket and praying to get Kid Buu or Majuub.

If i get one of those cards i'll almost have a full Buu Team (Currently have Fat, Evil, Buucollo, and soon to be Super Buu)

Edit 2: Got Teq SSJ2 Goku with my second ticket but just did a yolo single pull and Boom, Agi Kid Buu.

Zombie Buu team is up and operational.

BigJoeM on
  • Options
    They handed out 30 stones for an error in a super attack description, so I gave the new summon a go.

Got the new fusion android 13!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    They handed out 30 stones for an error in a super attack description, so I gave the new summon a go.

Got the new fusion android 13!

I got a rock Super Saiyan Trunks! I know he Dokkans in the future, but even that version still sucks.

• Options
    You must have some boss units to think that the Rebirth form of Trunks sucks.

I have the SSJ Int Teen Gohan that gets the rebirth and i think Trunks is better because of the lack of condition on the passive (even if Gohan gets more ki) and the prepared for battle link.

Changing the subject, I used the 30 free stones to do a multi and got SSj2 Str Vegeta and SSj Phy Bardock.

So nice to finally have a +2 rainbow ki leader.

• Options
    Is there anything to the str gohan (teen) you get from the limited event that makes him useful? Because I'm looking at him and not seeing it

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    He's basically a weaker knockoff version of Bunny Bulma that is good for new players.

He might be useful in the King Cold super strike whenever that shows up here. (4 SR str units one R and Broly friend)

In Japan they just announced a special event with a SSj Goku that goes up to lv 150 and can only be fought with super strike units so i'm getting ready for them.

• Options
    So what you're saying is probably don't dump him in a trash fire

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BigJoeM wrote: »
    You must have some boss units to think that the Rebirth form of Trunks sucks.

I have the SSJ Int Teen Gohan that gets the rebirth and i think Trunks is better because of the lack of condition on the passive (even if Gohan gets more ki) and the prepared for battle link.

Changing the subject, I used the 30 free stones to do a multi and got SSj2 Str Vegeta and SSj Phy Bardock.

So nice to finally have a +2 rainbow ki leader.

Oh, never mind, I missed that he had Prepared for Battle. I was conflating him with the Dokkan SSJ2 Gohan, who was my very first SSR!

You've actually got a pretty good Prepared For Battle team going, I'm super jealous of the SSJ2 Vegeta.

• Options
    Yeah my main rainbow squad is

SSJ Phy Bardock (same leader and passive as turles, Prepared for battle)
    SSj2 Str Vegeta (Prepared for Battle, Golden Warrior)
    SSj2 Teg Goku (Golden Warrior, +2 ki to Str and Teq types)
    SSj1 Int Goku (Prepared for battle, +2 ki to Teq and Int types)
    SSj3 Goku (Golden Warrior)
    SSB Vegeta

Nobody on the team ever has a problem reaching enough ki for optimal damage/passives and it is rare to go a turn without at least one character launching a super.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Right now my usual team is:

Turles
    Vegito
    Spirit Bomb Goku
    Int SSJ Goku
    Agl SSG Goku
    Kaio Ken Goku (usually Phys)

I wouldn't mind getting a Str SSG Goku at some point, but after maxing the Agl version's SA I definitely am not tilting for him. I just keep the bottom two together and rotate Turles and Vegito around since they can assist without linking.

A duck! on
  • Options
    I would rather have the Agi SSG than the Str one.

While the Str one is practically the best non-TUR in the game, Agi is my weakest type.

That SSB Vegeta and Kid Buu are the only URs i have in that type that i would call good.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    BigJoeM wrote: »
    I would rather have the Agi SSG than the Str one.

While the Str one is practically the best non-TUR in the game, Agi is my weakest type.

That SSB Vegeta and Kid Buu are the only URs i have in that type that i would call good.

I'm in the opposite boat. I have Agl SSRs for days, and my good Str units are currently: Broly SSJ Goku, DB Saga Kid Goku and Bardock. I think you can see the drop off there. I have Str Saiyaman 2 and Boujack, but they're both really situational.

A duck! on
  • Options
    I swear, this fucking game sometimes.

I put in all that work to get 80 wins and what do i get?

Fucking SSR Namekian Rage Piccolo!

Even if he wasn't a dupe i'd be pissed. You only want to see a unit this bad on a yolo 5-stone summon.

At least the Int Whis i got two tournaments ago might get a rebirth and become viable. Piccolo already got his and he still sucks.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So I got this game last week and have been pushing through content. Not really doing WT stuff since I'm still too weak for it to matter so I'm prepping for the next events.

Got a TEQ SSGSS Goku that I'm going to UR tonight once the Training in the Clouds resets for the 10th time. Looking to add some friends to my friendlist in prep for the AGI SSJ3 Goku Dokkan Event coming up.

FriendCode: 1668363315 If you have a TEQ Nuker or if you need my SSGSS for your own Nukin purposes look me up!

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    So I got this game last week and have been pushing through content. Not really doing WT stuff since I'm still too weak for it to matter so I'm prepping for the next events.

Got a TEQ SSGSS Goku that I'm going to UR tonight once the Training in the Clouds resets for the 10th time. Looking to add some friends to my friendlist in prep for the AGI SSJ3 Goku Dokkan Event coming up.

FriendCode: 1668363315 If you have a TEQ Nuker or if you need my SSGSS for your own Nukin purposes look me up!

I got the nuking Cell, I'll add you tonight (I usually have Turles for my leader)

• Options
    I don't usually roll TEQ leaders unless I've got my Team Freiza Family going (leader there is UR final form Freiza).

Expect a friend request from Pomgran. Accept or deny at your leisure.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Though it occurs to me I just got that TEQ final form coora, so I might have to look how that works into my teams.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    http://i.imgur.com/4xXtBXE.jpg

3 Transcended Ultra rares down, 4 to go.

• Options
    I've been, strangely enough, really enjoying this event. I have good Teq units, and outside of nuking twice because I wanted to see 7 digits I've been simply beating him down with double Teq Cell lead. I got 13 medals for Angel Goku and the SSJ3 I don't have, but I may keep fighting him for kicks.

• Options
    I actually really like the fact that you have to blitz him.

It's an 8 turn fight so it goes by very quickly.

I enjoy these events because they make you think about team construction. It's also why i can't wait for the super strikes. Almost nobody uses SR or R characters but in these events they can have passives or link skills that are a godsend.

R Agi Teen Trunks is worthless, until the Broly event comes around and he's a tank that's relatively easy and free to get.

Tons of people sold General Blue to Baba, but the Cell event comes around and would you look at that, he's the best stun unit in the game.

Str Great Saiyaman 2 is a poor person's rainbow team leader and Str Great Saiyaman is nothing to write home about. The Buu event shows up and they are an incredible tag team thanks to their links.

Anything to get away from the monotony of "pick the 6 best super saiyans you have + Broly"

• Options
    I'm probably gonna get hosed when the Super Strikes roll around because I've been flushing a bunch of SRs due to inventory limits. I know you can nuke some of them, though, which is boring but I'll take a win.

• Options
    My inventory is up to 135 i'm a collector.

I just spend a stone here and there to expand my inventory.

The good thing about the Super Strikes is that the characters become low cost SSRs (Cost 18) that can be used in other Super Strikes.

Also, by the time we get the Super Strikes the starter SSRs will be available along with the other characters in Baba's treasures and they're decent for their low team cost.

• Options
    Wait, is Baba's treasures open now?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    No.

That feature is at least a few months out (probably 4 to 6 months)

The treasures and the super strikes showed up around the same time in Japan and the same thing will probably happen here.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Uh Baba's shop is open now. I just used it.

What are the characters I should keep an eye out for? Whats the hottness now I guess I'm asking. I'm full to burst with this 30 stone multi summon and need to unload some heroes

• Options
    The shop is open, the treasure tab isn't operational yet.

If you're looking for characters to keep these are good guides

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4a7gkq/should_i_keep_this_rare_a_quick_reference_guide/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a2AMz2MNJhUda8BErT7PH5cmEfA0HuYGACtHG7OSl1E/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Generally keep any Super Saiyans and Buus (Super Saiyans for Janemba, Buus for Gohan) along with any version of Bojack or Phy Perfect Cell as they are also useful in the Gohan dokkan fest.

Most of the characters from the Dragonball Saga summon are useful due to special effects on supers, surprisingly good passives and the Mysterious Adventure and Mystical Wonderland links.

Keep all your strike characters (especially those with the Bombardment link) for the super strikes.

• Options
    Speaking of Super Strikes, Mecha Freeza has been released in Japan and Bamco took the long way around.

Instead of a secondary dokkan awakening, the company released a new Mecha Freeza in Phy Type.

So i'll have to farm an additional 15 Mecha Freezas in addition to the 14 Medals, and that sucks.

But he's pretty good. Leader skill is +3 ki to Int and Phy units, Passive is +40% attack when ki is 6 or higher, and the kicker (and the reason you farm these guys to 15) is that he supers at 9 ki when SA is maxed.

• Options
    Just did a pull from the 30 stone draw, got Flare of Death Perfect Cell.

Looks like I have some work to do.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    The power creep is over 9000.

There are finally Strength and Intelligence nuke leaders (SSJ3 GT Goku and Super Baby Vegeta 2 respectively)

So Gogeta can nuke now. Along with Spirit Bomb Goku, Str Beerus, SSJ3 Goku etc.

Intelligence also gets a major boost because now cards like Vegito, Vegeta (Buu Saga) and Chilled can nuke.

In other news, I've finished farming the medals for the rebirths (debating whether to max out my Piccolo before awakening considering his piddly attack stat) and am farming the SR Vegeta to 10.

If only I had some Agi Golden Freezas in my friends list, I could farm Whis easily.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Anyone still playing this?

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I do here ad's there. I'm not doing it every day but I check in weekly