Options

Build your own discussions in the [Super Mario Maker] thread

1171819202123»

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    My Vs. Pirates level got me thinking about making a Gradius style level.

So, here's Airship Assault:

1A4A-0000-00ED-1AC1

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    @Speed Racer

And to anyone else to whom it may concern... I'M CALLING Y'ALL OUT... AGAIN!

ID: 7022-0000-00ED-0117

Abandon all hope ye who who jump here.

Victory!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Got it!

That was very difficult

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I made a new level. It's way more thematic than difficult

Goombatown: 6A4B-0000-00EE-2B9D

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I've been working on a Vertical Level, using pipes and doors to make the climb. It's kind of tricky, because I have about 13 blocks of width to my "tower", including walls, if I don't want the next section to be visible. And I tried to make a couple secrets, but got kind of muddled when placing them, so now when I try to place more stuff I pretty much have to play through the level to remind myself which pipes link which sections. I'm probably pushing the limits for all object types, although a lot of it is clouds and flying koopas outside the tower.

Anyway, I've got at least a dozen very elaborate levels in various stages of completion, but this is the one that seems to have the most coherent idea, rather than just being a case of me not knowing when to stop, so I'm focusing on it until it's ready to upload.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    okay two more levels

Spring-Heeled Spook House
    70DA-0000-00E8-EE61

Turnways Terraces
    B0A9-0000-00EE-8B72

the first should be self-explanatory. the second has a clever gimmick! can you discover... the clever gimmick

crossposting to G&T since i'm fairly proud of this one

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I've been working on a Vertical Level, using pipes and doors to make the climb. It's kind of tricky, because I have about 13 blocks of width to my "tower", including walls, if I don't want the next section to be visible. And I tried to make a couple secrets, but got kind of muddled when placing them, so now when I try to place more stuff I pretty much have to play through the level to remind myself which pipes link which sections. I'm probably pushing the limits for all object types, although a lot of it is clouds and flying koopas outside the tower.

Anyway, I've got at least a dozen very elaborate levels in various stages of completion, but this is the one that seems to have the most coherent idea, rather than just being a case of me not knowing when to stop, so I'm focusing on it until it's ready to upload.

You can make powerups or summat come out of the pipes, right? Use that to mark which ones link where

• Options
    Ok, my vertical stage is done. In the grand tradition of Super Mario World names, it's "Popsicle Stick Tower": B9EA-0000-00EF-8103

There are a couple areas I'd like to tweak, and a couple errors I noted on the upload playthrough, but I've been working on it all day while I'm home sick, and if I don't get outside and see sunlight at some point today, I'm probably going to lose my mind.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Popsicle Stick Tower is a good name.

• Options
    Beat the PAX Prime level in only five tries, slightly vindicating the poor Omeganauts who had to complete it live in front of an audience, without the benefit of having watched it played before.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    So I just got the 30th anniversary Amiibo for my birthday

I have to put a giant mushroom in all my levels now, right? That's how it works?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    make a level made out of small platforms over pits that giant mario will break through

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    does anyone know how to unlock the skinny mushroom?

I want to make a level where you have to play as dirtbag mario to beat it

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    does anyone know how to unlock the skinny mushroom?

I want to make a level where you have to play as dirtbag mario to beat it

yes, you have to beat all the 10 mario challenges, which unlocks the nintendo world championship levels, and then beat those

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    This edition of G&T's Mario Maker Challenge runs for two weeks due to the American holiday time, so it goes through Dec 4. The theme is Mechanized Mario -- a course focused on use of tracks & conveyors. I'm judging this one. Details here. Don't worry if you think you're not good enough -- the last challenge included an entry that was one user's very first upload (and it was pretty good!).

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I hope this becomes a long running series, I want to make Mario 64 levels, Mario Galaxy levels, Mario sunshine levels! Mario 3D world levels!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    it would be freaking awesome if they figured out a way to make 3D levels as user friendly to create as mario maker levels, but I can't even begin to imagine how they could

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    it would be freaking awesome if they figured out a way to make 3D levels as user friendly to create as mario maker levels, but I can't even begin to imagine how they could

I also wonder if stuff from Mario 2 will be expac for this, or it's own thing down the road, with how much this one has, it'd be hard to do one for just Mario 2 I'd figure.

(Vegetables!)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I also wonder if stuff from Mario 2 will be expac for this, or it's own thing down the road, with how much this one has, it'd be hard to do one for just Mario 2 I'd figure.

(Vegetables!)

They couldn't even get a ton of stuff from the games they already included into this. I don't see how they could add an entirely different game to it, given that Doki Doki Panic has little to nothing to do with the basic Mario setup.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The only other Mario game I need is Mario 2

I would actually very much be into a Zelda Maker

You can make Zelda 1, Link to the Past, and Link Between Worlds maps (dungeons?)

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of the enemies from Mario 2 brought in, especially ones who were adopted by later games in the franchise, like Shy Guys and Birdo. But unique mechanics, like vegetable and enemy tossing, or the distinct movement abilities of the four characters, are probably not ever coming.

• Options
    What's that? Another level with Samus costumes? I wouldn't do that.

Derelict Ship

F2C9-0000-00FE-3A80

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

And to anyone else to whom it may concern... I'M CALLING Y'ALL OUT... AGAIN!

ID: 7022-0000-00ED-0117

Abandon all hope ye who who jump here.

Victory!

A hollow victory. I think I plummeted the clear rate.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I made a kinda high-concept one? Let me know what you think of it.

3C42-0000-0103-F595

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    I made a kinda high-concept one? Let me know what you think of it.

5DEE-0000-0102-7EFF

I like it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Edited my level to fix an exploit (and make one screen a tiny bit prettier and then fix the problem that that caused).

3C42-0000-0103-F595

sig.gif
  • Options
    Okay, that was a cute level.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Dropping this level here for anyone who likes a challenge with Spineys. And fire!

2FAA-0000-00F7-5B21

3ebnroefva1u.jpg

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    My level for the 11th Mario Maker challenge.

Drybones Industrial 6D1B-0000-0104-AD65

jCf1677.jpg

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    I'm throwing down the gauntlet.

Dungeon Crawler Expert
    F71C-0000-0109-EE83

It's big, nasty, varied, fair, and has a 3-part finale sequence. You'll need all your Mario skills here, and I can pretty much guarantee you'll see at least one thing you've never seen before.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    P-power Switch Palace:
    ID: 3838-0000-0122-9359

l3th8zxvblpg.jpg
    Blocks are utilised in unexpected manners! Create your own platforms!

lrz1de6642t4.jpg

This factory has some serious safetyhazards!

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    New content!

Bumpers. Ghost doors! Fire Koopa Copter!?

Also they're launching a web portal where you can browse courses and bookmark them to play in the game, which is pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/JECCJu_UNaQ

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm really excited about those P-Doors, guys. Invisible doors are a huge part of the SMW Ghost House aesthetic.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    So excited about the p-doors!

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Rad.

I have ideas for the bumpers.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I made a new level!

It's Super Mario Run 1-1, but you cannot press left. If you do, the ground turns into coins and you DIE!

Grab all ten red coins though, and you can travel through 2 extra stages and square off against Bowser while keeping on the move but try not to forget: DON'T PRESS LEFT.

FA85-0000-02D1-E9B8.jpg
    You can press right and A ofcourse. Good luck!

Bookmark: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/367B-0000-02D1-F2DF

Code: 367B-0000-02D1-F2DF

Who can collect the most coins?

See my profile here!