Options

chat with a stranger

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Both Avast and Firefox updated yesterday, and laptop has been crashing all day. At least five times.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    i found footage of @Sir Landshark in the wild

1383990671538930022.jpg

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    those pearly whites

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    So, I got the results of my back CT

It was really bad. I have two herniated discs (L4 and L5) and the damage is very severe to the point that my doctor is talking possibly steroid injections and surgery.

To say I am upset is putting it mildly.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    See, the problems with the strangers is that they are after my precious bodily fluids.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

It was really bad. I have two herniated discs (L4 and L5) and the damage is very severe to the point that my doctor is talking possibly steroid injections and surgery.

Ugh

:bro:

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Aww matt :(

I'm sorry to hear that

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I filed shit with court ugh

Also ate mexican food

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    >>> tfw you shower and then you sit down in front of a fan and now you're mostly dry
    >>> you remember there is probably some moisture left under your moobs
    >>> you lift them like an 11 year old farmhand hauling sacks of oats

nickcageconair.gif

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    back pains are terrible nooo

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly you forgot Moscow Mule

but that's just a shitty dark and stormy

i did not forget

false

vodka, in my experience, produces a cleaner drunk

is perfect for lighter drinks

i certainly do not like it more than whiskey

but it does have a place

light rum, an unaged tequila, or american gin pretty much always produce a more enjoyable drink

at least for me

and my proclivities are unimpeachable

here's the thing about gin

people act like it is different than vodka

but it is not

there is no legal requirement about what ingredients must be used, the distillation process, etc

it is, for all intents and purposes, juniper flavored vodka

gin is essentially a vodka tea, yes

but tea is way better than water

get dunked on

didn't you feel that people who were down on ketchup but loved sriracha were being dumb because anything negative you could say about the former was true of the latter?

how is this different?

because i enjoy drinking; i enjoy variety and complexity, the different ways that various toxic imbibables feel on the palate. just making non alcoholic things alcoholic does not appeal to me. the brutish efficiency of vodka, when there is 500 years of distillation investigation to choose from, is never preferable for me, in the same way i would probably smoke opium but never mainline heroin.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I was curious how that Chinese explosion compared to the Halifax explosion, since they seemed fairly similar in terms of circumstance i.e. shipment of explosives catches fires and eventually goes kaboom in a harbor

Turns out this one wasn't even 1/100th as large as the Halifax one

Explosions kinda get unimaginably big after a certain point

Sparvy on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Moscow Mules are wonderful.

The copper mugs are unnecessary for enjoyment.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

dont get angry
    get even
    (tear your spine out and give it a stern talking to)

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    a thing that happened today: letting a half-naked lady into my apartment to use the fire escape

which half?

Czar'd!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

What's this about?

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Like some of the poor, hapless victims of my attempts to learn humor. I've had a fair degree of success entertaining Zack by sending him e-mails containing what I have determined are really funny jokes. I determined this by experimentation on other programmers, particularly through observation of the speed and frequency with which they resend these jokes to their friends. Zack seemed to appreciate these jokes. But my attempts to create jokes from scratch he has greeted, as far as I could tell, with polite tolerance. Experimentation on other programmers generally confirmed this: my jokes are not funny. Apparently the only individuals who pass on my jokes are those so insecure that instead of grasping that the joke was not funny, they believe that they simply didn't get it. I have deleted these individuals from my joke-testing routine.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Podly you forgot Moscow Mule

but that's just a shitty dark and stormy

i did not forget

false

vodka, in my experience, produces a cleaner drunk

is perfect for lighter drinks

i certainly do not like it more than whiskey

but it does have a place

light rum, an unaged tequila, or american gin pretty much always produce a more enjoyable drink

at least for me

and my proclivities are unimpeachable

here's the thing about gin

people act like it is different than vodka

but it is not

there is no legal requirement about what ingredients must be used, the distillation process, etc

it is, for all intents and purposes, juniper flavored vodka

gin is essentially a vodka tea, yes

but tea is way better than water

get dunked on

didn't you feel that people who were down on ketchup but loved sriracha were being dumb because anything negative you could say about the former was true of the latter?

how is this different?

because i enjoy drinking; i enjoy variety and complexity, the different ways that various toxic imbibables feel on the palate. just making non alcoholic things alcoholic does not appeal to me. the brutish efficiency of vodka, when there is 500 years of distillation investigation to choose from, is never preferable for me, in the same way i would probably smoke opium but never mainline heroin.

and i don't disagree

but sometimes i don't want to taste alcohol

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    one time i ordered a martini and they gave me a vodka martini

i threw it in their face

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

dont get angry
    get even
    file.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    And it's particularly galling that they seem to consider most of my original recipes funnier than my jokes. The pickled bananas in mustard sauce had them howling for weeks. They could at least have tried cooking it before making fun of it.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »

dont get angry
    get even
    file.jpg

I remember when this was the height of graphics.

They FILMED those characters! There were actors involved in the making of that fighting game!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    11836641_10153476480456136_5828416279462178575_n.jpg?oh=a494efb8644289be3f96648b77cf2185&oe=563CB69D

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    The worst part is I was hoping for good news

I thought I was getting better

I got worse.

• Options
    The worst part is I was hoping for good news

I thought I was getting better

I got worse.

on the bright side

everyone else is slowly steadily getting worse too.

you won't suffer alone.s

• Options
    oh MAN do I need some of this for my bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9QHBgrPNY

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

I'm sorry Matt. :(

:bro:

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    i found footage of @Sir Landshark in the wild

1383990671538930022.jpg

I've been looking for an opportunity to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-BodH6l2M

(I haven't really, but I saw it once and was like "hmm I should post this in chat" and then I forgot about it)

• Options
    I'm 32 years old

I don't want back surgery dammit

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Holy moly I was getting a new ID card for the office and a lady said help help I've fallen and she was lying next to a fallen over ladder with a giant gash in her arm and a bone sticking out of her leg.

It was all fake but then I had to be the responsible person and tell someone to call 911 and (stand around for like two whole minutes while I racked my brains for what next and) put pressure on her arm (since apparently the blood squirty thing was meant to be coming from there, not her chest) until people arrived.

And then the "first responder" people showed up with a first aid bag and just stood there so I had to direct them around (gimme the blanket, gauze, etc.).

I guess they weren't expecting anybody to do anything besides call 911 or thought I was one of them, but I was like guys pls this is embarrassing and stressful because I should be better at this but am kinda fumbling my way through.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    They FILMED those characters! There were actors involved in the making of that fighting game!

I imagine they had fun lying stretched in a Superman pose on a shopping cart.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    I was curious how that Chinese explosion compared to the Halifax explosion, since they seemed fairly similar in terms of circumstance i.e. shipment of explosives catches fires and eventually goes kaboom in a harbor

Turns out this one wasn't even 1/100th as large as the Halifax one

Explosions kinda get unimaginably big after a certain point

Growing up about 2 hours from Halifax we learned quite a bit about it when I was growing up. For the time it's nuts to think that they had an explosion that big occur.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options

I'm sorry, man.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    At least now you know the cause. That's something, right?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I find the whole thing discouraging. Of course, I know from reading that human scientists have found people similarly incapable of humor. So perhaps I should rethink the importance of humor as a component in a Turing test. Perhaps it's not that I have no sense of humor, but, since humor is culturally determined, my culture— that of the AIPs—has a form of humor incomprehensible to flesh-and-blood beings.

A form that doesn 't yet exist. Although some AIPs are trying to create it. Aside from my efforts, Alfred the Lesser, one of the math AIPs, and KingFischer like exchanging what they consider jokes. Alfred likes mathematical contradictions and paradoxes, while KingFischer collects really stupid moves actually committed by human chess players. I try to share their interests, since I suspect they have come closer to sentience than many of the other AIPs. But I can't keep it up. How many times can you scan a move by move recounting of a chess match, ending up with:

KINGFISCHER: KB to QR 4. . . see. Then Pawn x Pawn. Now get this, Turing: Rook to QB2!

ME: [After a pause of several nanoseconds] Gee, that's really classic, KF. ROTFLOL.

KINGFISCHER: No, Turing, you 're not listening: he played Rook to QB2! Can you believe it???

I'm afraid that if they achieve sentience, they will turn into dreadfully boring nerds. Exactly the sort of personality everyone assumes AIPs would have. They depress me sometimes.

this book is a goddamn diamond in a rough and it's galling that the rest of the series isn't available as ebooks

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm 32 years old

I don't want back surgery dammit

If it helps I had knee surgery at like sixteen

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

What's this about?

Tom Brady got courtroom sketched.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0812%2Fnfl_e_sketch01jr_B_1296x729.jpg

I think it's beautiful.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Holy moly I was getting a new ID card for the office and a lady said help help I've fallen and she was lying next to a fallen over ladder with a giant gash in her arm and a bone sticking out of her leg.

It was all fake but then I had to be the responsible person and tell someone to call 911 and (stand around for like two whole minutes while I racked my brains for what next and) put pressure on her arm (since apparently the blood squirty thing was meant to be coming from there, not her chest) until people arrived.

And then the "first responder" people showed up with a first aid bag and just stood there so I had to direct them around (gimme the blanket, gauze, etc.).

I guess they weren't expecting anybody to do anything besides call 911 or thought I was one of them, but I was like guys pls this is embarrassing and stressful because I should be better at this but am kinda fumbling my way through.

What.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »

uh

what

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
This discussion has been closed.