As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout 4] 2 Fast 2 Furious

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    So i either just got crazy lucky or theres a high chance of a gunless person picking up a good gun the first time there in the wastes. I need to redo a couple floors in my vault but i need to destroy dorms to do it but had to many dwellers to destroy a dorm so sent 12 people out into the wastes to die....for science....just logged back in to check on these people, who were all in ther 20-40s level wise due to working jobs on my upper levels most of the game but never finding there way to stat increasing rooms. 2 hours into the wastes ( all were sent out naked and stimpacksless, non are dead and some are carrying insane weapons.....

Rusty alien blaster ( never seen one)
    Hardened railway rifle
    Expert lab coat (7int)
    Hardened gauss rifle
    Fat man (never seen one)
    Gatling laser ( only secodn i have seen)
    Miss Launcher (legit legendary)
    Lincolns repeater (legendary)
    Enhanced missile launcher

So thats 8 crazy good weapons and a 7 int lab coat in a couple hours of wandering, from plebs who have maybe 1 stat boosted (not luck on any of them) and mid lvls, the odds are to high to be a coincidence i think.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Butch Jr (the kid Butch had who sadly did not inherit his father's great stats) finally grew up, and this was the result:
    tbivOAv.jpg

Seriously, how can he look like that and not have 10 charisma? Dude is stylish as fuck!

Strikor on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Butch Jr (the kid Butch had who sadly did not inherit his father's great stats) finally grew up, and this was the result:
    tbivOAv.jpg

Seriously, how can he look like that and not have 10 charisma? Dude is stylish as fuck!

He should be tending bar, not tending inventory. Storerooms are for your Horror Movie fans.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I had to move him there because he would not shut up for a screenshot. Constantly hitting on the ladies, and who can blame him?

Strikor on
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Due to the "Pregnancy Problematic", males do now enjoy preferential treatment in education. Females pick up after them, doing all the hard labor, in their third trimester.

Just like real life used to be.

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Fallout Universe with the Guild 2's mechanics. Choose your character as bandit, vault scientist, merchant, or food person. Eliminate dynasties, get pets (including deathclaws), research old world tech and outfit your clan with power armor. Set off from home and build your own republic, return and conquer old republic......

I think I've left the Guild 2 and entered Crusader King 2.

• Options
    MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
    Fallout Universe with the Guild 2's mechanics. Choose your character as bandit, vault scientist, merchant, or food person. Eliminate dynasties, get pets (including deathclaws), research old world tech and outfit your clan with power armor. Set off from home and build your own republic, return and conquer old republic......

I think I've left the Guild 2 and entered Crusader King 2.

Just had to respond because I see The Guild 2 so rarely mentioned ever, and I think it's such a unique and under-appreciated game. Admittedly it's quite rough around the edges, but it holds a special place for me.

I do wonder if we'll see more (good) Fallout-themed spinoffs if F4 is as popular as expected. I would personally love to see something like Fallout Shelter in a full 3D engine... a combo base building / management / defense game. I know we're getting settlements in F4, but I mean actual VAULTS!

3DS: 4167-5901-6785
  • Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Lubony wrote: »
    So i either just got crazy lucky or theres a high chance of a gunless person picking up a good gun the first time there in the wastes. I need to redo a couple floors in my vault but i need to destroy dorms to do it but had to many dwellers to destroy a dorm so sent 12 people out into the wastes to die....for science....just logged back in to check on these people, who were all in ther 20-40s level wise due to working jobs on my upper levels most of the game but never finding there way to stat increasing rooms. 2 hours into the wastes ( all were sent out naked and stimpacksless, non are dead and some are carrying insane weapons.....

Rusty alien blaster ( never seen one)
    Hardened railway rifle
    Expert lab coat (7int)
    Hardened gauss rifle
    Fat man (never seen one)
    Gatling laser ( only secodn i have seen)
    Miss Launcher (legit legendary)
    Lincolns repeater (legendary)
    Enhanced missile launcher

So thats 8 crazy good weapons and a 7 int lab coat in a couple hours of wandering, from plebs who have maybe 1 stat boosted (not luck on any of them) and mid lvls, the odds are to high to be a coincidence i think.

I've had two level 50 high-luck guys out for about 24 hours now, and I don't have any gear approaching that level of quality! Is there a thing with sending out lots of people or something?

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Well there is the fact that you have more dice rolls when you spam explorers.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    also aroudn the 60 hour mark, usually within 15 minutes after you go through a national guard depot that has a high rare/legendary ratio.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    Just another normal day in Vault 666, Home of the Facial Hair
    n4SYDLe.jpg

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    in the far flung future of the post-apocalyptic world there is only dapper facial hair

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    They seem pretty excited to shoot radroaches.

• Options
    It's a great change from shooting the health inspector.

• Options
    Fallout: The Guilds

Attack overseer with mother, flee to shack to avoid guards. Slip daughter super sledge, send her out the front door past guards looking for mother.

Daughter brutally murders overseer and takes position, All Hail the Overseer.

That was literally the last game I played to a satisfactory ending, took 3 generations.

• Options
    http://kotaku.com/fallout-3-isnt-really-an-rpg-1725444327

I feel the author jumped up their own ass at certain parts, but it makes for an interesting read.

• Options
    RainZRainZ Registered User regular
    http://kotaku.com/fallout-3-isnt-really-an-rpg-1725444327

I feel the author jumped up their own ass at certain parts, but it makes for an interesting read.

Thats actually a fairly nicely written article, obviously clickbait and as you said, the author definitely loses his way with some of the reaching in there, but still a good read overall.

RainZ+Aus.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I really couldn't be bothered to read that, you have stats, you play a role, there's a tonne of dialogue options in which you can express your role (more so than skyrim), it's an rpg

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I consider roleplaying game (in the context of video games) to mean any game that uses mechanics from tabletop RPGs as the foundation for it's design.

And Bethesda's games clearly still have a lot of that DNA in them, even if, on a superficial level, they do a better job of keeping it under hood. You play a Fallout 3 character in the same way you would play a tabletop RPG character, after all. The main difference is that your game master in this case is the game itself, rather than a guy behind a screen rolling dice. But the fact that the GM uses pre-programmed values and scaling enemies rather than random dice roles is largely inconsequential. It's still providing the basic function of a GM, which is to present a world so that the player can interact with it.

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    I'm playing Fallout Shelter on my PC via an android emulator, and while it works mostly fine, a proper PC version would be neat. Especially zooming in and out can be a bit of a hassle, and it doesn't run quite clean either.

I guess the next time I'm buying a smartphone, I might have to consider getting one powerful enough to run more elaborate games like this one, as I am not completely opposed to what Fallout Shelter has to offer.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Huh

Did they fix the thing in new Vegas where killing fiends, ghouls, and powder gangers netted you a ton of positive karma

If so oh man

Shooting the brotherhood to the last man then blowing up the bunker may have shoved me way into negative karma and I'm not sure if I can get back out

I've never had negative karma before

What if

What off all this time I've just been an asshole and never noticed

Edit: okay I'm getting the karma boost to process occasionally on some of the ghouls north of bitter springs. Weird how inconsistent it is.

Also Jesus Christ, four super mutant masters, two with miniguns, one with a missile launcher. Now I remember why I haven't been up here lately.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Did they fix the thing in new Vegas where killing fiends, ghouls, and powder gangers netted you a ton of positive karma

It's still there, but as I discovered in my recent playthrough, allowing companions to deliver the killing blow has no effect on karma.

This makes it a lot easier to maintain neutral or evil karma if you allow companions to do a lot of your fighting for you.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    No True Scottish Game

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

It's still there, but as I discovered in my recent playthrough, allowing companions to deliver the killing blow has no effect on karma.

This makes it a lot easier to maintain neutral or evil karma if you allow companions to do a lot of your fighting for you.

its very easy to be a pacifist when you surround yourself with murderers.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

its very easy to be a pacifist when you surround yourself with murderers.

I remember one game of Fallout 2 with my CH 10 character. She had 7 companions (5 from CH, plus the shotgun wedding, plus Dogmeat) and (after the Temple of Trials) didn't raise a finger in combat, because her horde of minions would take care of it for her. That is, until near the endgame when she got bored, grabbed a new Tag skill with her perk, and instantly became the most dangerous woman alive with a plasma rifle.

Those were different days... as you could, actually, finish the game without actually killing anyone except Horrigan, and it was fully possible to rig some turrets to attack him and convince a squad of Enclave troopers to finish him off.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Well the sickness has started. Twice this week I dreamed I was playing Fallout 4.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My vault dweller has reached 50, she started out in the field with a rusty combat shotty, upgraded to an enhanced, upgraded that to a railway rifle. Now she's returning to take over the vault, so send her back out there? I think its my only good option.

NO HOME FOR DWELLERS!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »

Plasma Rifle aw yiss.

Does anyone else favor Energy Weapons in their playthroughs? Because it's hard for me to go back to guns after melting a super mutant from a mile away.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    My current run is energy weapons. They are certainly addicting but make stealthing a bit difficult!

Unfortunately, I find the EVE models and sounds to be terrible but EVE has so many pretty additions :(

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I just realized my radio station is being run by three women in lingerie and a guy dressed as the pope

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Three Dog is running my station
    *swoon*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    My current run is energy weapons. They are certainly addicting but make stealthing a bit difficult!

Unfortunately, I find the EVE models and sounds to be terrible but EVE has so many pretty additions :(

My latest New Vegas run was energy weapons.

I grabbed the perk that makes them blow up randomly upon death, not realising how many I'd end up killing at close blank range.

I lost so many limbs...

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm naming my vault dwellers based on the Mad Max name generator.

• Options
    Subjecting an entire other wasteland to three dog...

Do you get a lot of raider attacks

I bet you do

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Subjecting an entire other wasteland to three dog...

Do you get a lot of raider Deathclaw attacks

I bet you do

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Three Dog is running my station
    *swoon*

I have gotten literally zero legendary characters in this vault

This is after buying the 40 lunchbox deal and burning through 25 of them in addition to the dozen or so I've gotten from objectives

But you know what? When I send 6 different dwellers with 10 luck and 8+ all other stats out into the wastes tomorrow to pillage I'll know I earned it.

So take THAT, game.

...fking RNG i h8 u

• Options
    I've gotten a couple legendary Guns, a couple legendary outfits, and fuckin' nothin for dwellers. I'm pretty sure the dwellers are the most useful, too.

• Options
    I've gotten a couple legendary Guns, a couple legendary outfits, and fuckin' nothin for dwellers. I'm pretty sure the dwellers are the most useful, too.

I mean it's less of a concern now that I almost have my fully upgraded 3x8 SPECIAL training suite going. The next two or three weeks is basically going to be me stopping all population growth and training everyone up to not terrible stats.

But having even a couple of people with good special stats sure would have made the early game less of a headache.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Uhh...suddenly all my resources are listing over 2 hours until it produces.

Heres hoping the game is just fucking with me becuase I just got this vault to start running efficiently.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.