Options

[Fallout 4] 2 Fast 2 Furious

15681011101

Posts

  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Can't wait to face off against the new version of the feral ghouls.

    One of the things I never knew I wanted in previous games was enemies that could keep coming at you even if their body parts start coming off.

    I'm guessing we'll see synth enemies that benefit from this aswell.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Can't wait to face off against the new version of the feral ghouls.

    One of the things I never knew I wanted in previous games was enemies that could keep coming at you even if their body parts start coming off.

    I'm guessing we'll see synth enemies that benefit from this aswell.

    Coming soon, deathclaws that don't stop.

    Though as neat as it is to see, I do find it a little weird to see ghouls keep going like that. They're not actually zombies despite appearances. Some games have made a point of trying to show they're still pretty human despite the radiation damage.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Can't wait to face off against the new version of the feral ghouls.

    One of the things I never knew I wanted in previous games was enemies that could keep coming at you even if their body parts start coming off.

    I'm guessing we'll see synth enemies that benefit from this aswell.

    Coming soon, deathclaws that don't stop.

    Though as neat as it is to see, I do find it a little weird to see ghouls keep going like that. They're not actually zombies despite appearances. Some games have made a point of trying to show they're still pretty human despite the radiation damage.
    I wouldn't think regular ghouls would be able to do that. Ferals basically are running on auto pilot though with nothing but pure instinct to keep them going.

    Thats part of the reason I like what they're doing here. Kind of further hammers home how depressingly lost and deteriorated they are.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Feral ghouls are essentially mindless zombies and most regular ghouls say that killing them is putting them out of their misery, iirc..?

  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Postal 2 was a disappointment, the expansion pack more so. But
    the tourette's-mad cow disease zombies were incredibly fun to fight due to them continuing to attack with their heads removed. Only by crushing their skulls would they stop. I think I had torso's flopping on the ground after me.

    Not going to reinstall to find out.

    Trails of gasoline that I could light as a form of area control and people crawling on the ground after I set them on fire were also novel.

    Not going to reinstall.

    Here's a bunch of fallout mods re-purposed into FOMM ready packs. I'm not sure how many are still valid but it could prove useful to someone.

    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/11200/?

  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I finally got around to trying Underground Hideout in NV and fell in love with it.

    Then, the entire Systems Room broke by somehow turning into a giant clusterfuck of a thousand things stacking directly on top of me, doors opening and closing, and objects ragdolling all over the place.

    Welp that was nice while it lasted.

  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    I'm curious if the world of Fallout 4 will be seamless or not? I've heard rumors that it is, but seen nothing conclusive yet.

  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Seamless? Do you mean no interior cells? There will definitely be loading times for interior cells, purely because of how many physical objects they have in the game, no matter how good your engine or tech is you can't handle that many permenant (they aren't just resetting physics objects, they actually have to remember the location for every object after it's been moved) physical objects in the world without loading screens

    Although this hasn't been confirmed I would imagine they would've been touting it as a feature if there were no loads

    I'm hoping that they are quicker, less of them and hopefully nothing separating cities or towns

    Prohass on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    I finally got around to trying Underground Hideout in NV and fell in love with it.

    Then, the entire Systems Room broke by somehow turning into a giant clusterfuck of a thousand things stacking directly on top of me, doors opening and closing, and objects ragdolling all over the place.

    Welp that was nice while it lasted.

    If you're using Nevada Skies, try disabling it and see if the Systems Room unfucks.


  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Feral ghouls are essentially mindless zombies and most regular ghouls say that killing them is putting them out of their misery, iirc..?

    The only one i can remember saying something about feral ghouls is Joshua Bright who explicitly does not want you to kill them. Any that you don't kill in the facility show up in the in engine scene boarding the rockets.

    Mind you that non-feral ghouls also can be quite hostile. The ones in Necropolis are described as sentient, they just really don't like you being there.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh god. I went to Hidden Valley for the first time yesterday and half of the wall/floor textures pop in and out of existence in the brotherhood's bunker.

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm anti ghoul, there I said it. Look if I wound up like that I'd want you to punch my ticket as well.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So I tried out Fallout Shelter for a few days but didn't like it. It did do a good job, however, of getting me in the mood for more Fallout, so I reinstalled NV.

    I did my usual mod-heavy setup, but I'm amazed at how stable it's been. I noticed a mod on the Nexus called NV Anti-Crash, I believe, and I added it on a lark, so I don't know if it's that or something else, but I haven't crashed once in probably 6 or 8 hours of play. I may have just jinxed myself, but NV has always been crashy for me.

    Maybe I can actually finish the DLC before F4 hits.

    To be honest, New Vegas pretty much never crashes for me either, which is amazing in comparison to Skyrim, which just wants to show me my desktop at seemingly any point in any given play-through for reasons I cannot even begin to fathom.

    FONV does, on the other hand, get really chuggy after lengthy play-throughs (even when I purge cell buffers), and also tends to corrupt my saves so shit starts getting weird. So not sure if that's really any better.

    Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I have a really long New Vegas playthrough going on right now loaded with like 130+ plugins with no real issues at all. I think I've had about 2 crashes total. I haven't had much issue with Skyrim crashing either though honestly. They've both been pretty solid.

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man I expanded my radio room from a 1 slotter to a three slotter, and its netting me a lot more people than it ever did even as a fully upgraded 1 slot. So there is that for anyone saying the radio thing doesn't work. I'm right now building caps to redo my top floor for maximum raider killing/deathclaw attacks that I'm sure I'm almost due for. Also have Suzanne back in the wastes out walking with a bible and a gun.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I've been avoiding radio stations because I've heard they don't do much, so now I'm curious! I don't really have any charisma dwellers right now, though. Just Mr. Burke who has been out in the wasteland for 19 hours and still has 18 stims left.
    If you're using Nevada Skies, try disabling it and see if the Systems Room unfucks.

    Hmm...I am using that, but I completely reset UH (luckily the armory still worked which is where all my stuff was) but if it happens again I will definitely try that, thanks!

  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Did named folks ever show up at the vault door or they only from lunch boxes?

  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    TTODewback wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    hmm.. fallout shelter just started crashing on boot every time I open it as of this morning...

    check app store for update
    several apps do that to me if there is an update available.
    From what I'm reading, this is a symptom of one's battery running out while the game is either open or in the background. There's no fix other than to reinstall, which loses all one's saves.

    I'm going to wait for a fix, cause fuck re-doing my entire fucking vault. Although I guess if the save is totally corrupted I might be sol anyhow.

  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Did named folks ever show up at the vault door or they only from lunch boxes?

    Supposedly the can show up via radio but it's really, really, really rare.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Did named folks ever show up at the vault door or they only from lunch boxes?

    I've never seen a dweller with a rare or better stats set show up at the vault door on his/her own. It could be possible though... but with very low odds.


    has anyone else with Mr.Handy noticed a number of boxes in their warehouse equal to how many they have going?

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah lunchbox bros have cool armors, radio people show up with the shirts on their lazy backs you god damn bums! STOP BUMMING UP MY VAULT!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I like the Radio Room for the happiness boost and the fact that it makes my charsima primary dwellers happy. The problem I have with it, though, is that the occupants of the Radio Room don't seem to get any XP for working in there. They should get XP for production like everyone else.

  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    "Hello, and welcome to the vault! NOW GET YOUR ASS BACK OUT THERE AND FIND ME SOME GEAR!"

  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Sent out a 10 endurance, 10 luck, level 30ish dweller armed with a missile launcher yesterday. A day later, she's level 40 and starting to get close to where she might use a stimpack soon.

    Still mostly junk in her inventory though.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    I like the Radio Room for the happiness boost and the fact that it makes my charsima primary dwellers happy. The problem I have with it, though, is that the occupants of the Radio Room don't seem to get any XP for working in there. They should get XP for production like everyone else.

    But then Charisma Pope wouldn't be level 1 anymore. I had to give him 10 END so he wouldn't just roll over and die once the deathclaws came into that room though.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    My guy with enclave power armor and Vengeance has been out for almost two days and is down like six stimpacks

    He is beasting all over the wasteland

  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Sent out a 10 endurance, 10 luck, level 30ish dweller armed with a missile launcher yesterday. A day later, she's level 40 and starting to get close to where she might use a stimpack soon.

    Still mostly junk in her inventory though.

    Would you say her trunk has all the junk?

  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    thorgot wrote: »
    8kK2Bzp.jpg

    I saw an ad for Fallout 4 and it reminded me I had this screenshot saved. Good memories.

    Ahahahaha... The gene pool thanks these two clowns silly geese.

    Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I must be dumb because I can't figure out how this "Assign 16 dwellers to the right room" thing is supposed to work. For example, I have 6 who have perception as their highest stat (before and after clothing bonuses) but only 1 or 2 of those seem to count for water treatment. Same thing with my power plant guys. All in all, I have 22 dwellers at their "best" position at the moment and I'm only at 5/16. What am I missing?

    Strikor on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    I must be dumb because I can't figure out how this "Assign 16 dwellers to the right room" thing is supposed to work. For example, I have 6 who have perception as their highest stat (before and after clothing bonuses) but only 1 or 2 of those seem to count for water treatment. Same thing with my power plant guys. All in all, I have 22 dwellers at their "best" position at the moment and I'm only at 5/16. What am I missing?

    The "right room" is completely random and while it usually matches to their top score... most of the times doesn't. Also, if a dweller is in their right room, they won't count.

    Sometimes if you what their right room is, you can send them out of the vault and back in and it may register, but most of the times that particular objective just isn't worth doing.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I managed to get all the way to 9 by cycling each dweller through each room in my vault but yeah, total BS. Too bad I already used my objective cancel today on delivering babies.

  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I assume everyone else does the "equip x settlers with outfits/guns" by just dequiping and requiping everyone with their own gear right

    Also if it's early game and their high stat is E, try the storage closet.

    knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yep. Also one thing I discovered today is that "have x couples dancing in the living quarters" does NOT need to be simultaneously nor x number of couples. You can get one pair dancing, reset them, and repeat. Great for when you want to be careful about breeding.

  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yeah not a fan of how objectives work

    "Have 2 Bald Dwellers!"

    *stares at dozen bald dwellers wondering what the fuck, game. what the fuck*

  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to think the Vault-Tec objectives are assigned by The Computer from Paranoia.
    In fact, do we have any reason to believe they aren't?

  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think the Vault-Tec objectives are assigned by The Computer from Paranoia.
    In fact, do we have any reason to believe they aren't?
    That depends, Citizen! Are the objectives perfect in every way, rational, un-mutated, and completely Democratic? If so, then yes! If no, then clearly it is a trick from degenerate Communist mutants trying to destroy everything good and right with the world!

    Trust the Computer!

    The Computer is Your Friend!

    Now, here, hold this tactical nuclear weapon! It has a range of 25 feet! Shoot the Computer's enemies, Citizen!

  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Yep. Also one thing I discovered today is that "have x couples dancing in the living quarters" does NOT need to be simultaneously nor x number of couples. You can get one pair dancing, reset them, and repeat. Great for when you want to be careful about breeding.

    I didn't know that. I just skipped the dancing ones because accidental babies.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Yep. Also one thing I discovered today is that "have x couples dancing in the living quarters" does NOT need to be simultaneously nor x number of couples. You can get one pair dancing, reset them, and repeat. Great for when you want to be careful about breeding.

    I didn't know that. I just skipped the dancing ones because accidental babies.

    dancing makes babies?

    What is this the 1950- Oh, it is.

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well its not the dancing its the fucking they do after it.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Fallout Shelter!

    I'm at 190 dwellers and things are running pretty smoothly, but I'm running out of space to put newbs and don't want to add rooms right now. They're just chilling in various (same-sex) living quarters in the meantime.

    I thought maybe I could put some of the high Endurance ones in warehouses, since storage rooms list "E" as their relevant stat, but I can't tell what benefit you get by manning the storage rooms--is there one?

    Also, another SPECIAL-related question: one of the loading screen hints say that each SPECIAL stat helps a wasteland explorer in a specific way: is there a list somewhere of how each stat helps? Some are obvious, but what does high Perception or Charisma do for you outside the vault?

    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.