As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    God, but then what card will I get rid of? My Southsea Deckhand? Oh sure, he probably has no place in a mech rogue deck, but I love his "haHA!" so much. Ah, you've saved me from so many face hunters and started so many combos, good buddy. But I think it's time for you to go until I can create a pirate deck. . . .but then who will be surprised when I play you?

I need a moment.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I wouldn't say Antonidas is a must. I think many tempo mages don't use him. Thats not to say he isn't good, just not a must to play mage.

Edit: And if you're looking for a "must" rare Shaman card, I'd probably say lightning storm.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    God, but then what card will I get rid of? My Southsea Deckhand? Oh sure, he probably has no place in a mech rogue deck, but I love his "haHA!" so much. Ah, you've saved me from so many face hunters and started so many combos, good buddy. But I think it's time for you to go until I can create a pirate deck. . . .but then who will be surprised when I play you?

I need a moment.

Southsea Deckhand is a pretty common one-of in Oil Rogue. Not an auto-include, but he's arguably the best and most reliable Oil target in the game. He was pretty central to my Pirate Rogue right after GvG hit, which was basically proto-Oil Rogue before Oil Rogue was a thing.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Preparation needs to be on that list. As does Shield Slam.

Also Aldor Peacekeeper.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Been sitting on a mountain of dust for a while, but a few days ago I finally said fuck it and just crafted an extra each of molten and mountain, and Jaraxxus, because I wanted to try handlock.

It's great so far.

Really tense-feeling matches, the satisfaction of being on the other side after always having had a really hard time dealing with this deck, being able to just always draw my entire deck, turning into a giant demon.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    noooo don't dust any pirates

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So It Goes wrote: »
    noooo don't dust any pirates

GET PIRATE ROGUE HYPE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLGjrc8MKnc

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited August 2015
    MadPen wrote: »

I need a moment.

Southsea Deckhand is a pretty common one-of in Oil Rogue. Not an auto-include, but he's arguably the best and most reliable Oil target in the game. He was pretty central to my Pirate Rogue right after GvG hit, which was basically proto-Oil Rogue before Oil Rogue was a thing.

Hmmm, so here's my deck:
    mech rogue

If I add a blade flurry to that, I'm sorely tempted to also add an oil. Maybe not, though. I could use a low power blade flurry early on to clear the kind of stuff my Southsea Deckhand would deal with. If I go with an extra oil, I'd probably remove an Arcane Nullifier and Tinkertown guy (because the deck is already a bit light on bots for him. He sits sometimes.)

edit: it's so close to being a great deck, but it's not quite there.

MadPen on
  • The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say Antonidas is a must. I think many tempo mages don't use him. Thats not to say he isn't good, just not a must to play mage.

Edit: And if you're looking for a "must" rare Shaman card, I'd probably say lightning storm.

Antonidas is a huge card for mages, as he represents a seperate win condition all by himself.

Antonidas + Spare parts can close out a game where you've lost the board.

• JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    I know this shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but after a close/well played game, I feel pretty annoyed that the other player doesn't respond with a well played (or the slightly less good "thank you"). I know this is pretty irrational and that plenty of people auto-squelch because of bad past experiences, but it still kinda rubs me the wrong way.

And that this just happened when I lost in arena playing for my 12th win, so, overall, still happy though. :)

I always well played before lethal. It's just habit now.

I do get a bit salty when people say "sorry" though, because they clearly don't mean it. You're just rubbing salt in the RNG wound.

I pretty much reserve "sorry" as a response to "oops." I can't think of another situation where it won't come across as bitchy.

I do it when I get a really stupid lethal for a game I don't deserve to win.

sig.gif
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »
    CesareB wrote: »
    I know this shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but after a close/well played game, I feel pretty annoyed that the other player doesn't respond with a well played (or the slightly less good "thank you"). I know this is pretty irrational and that plenty of people auto-squelch because of bad past experiences, but it still kinda rubs me the wrong way.

And that this just happened when I lost in arena playing for my 12th win, so, overall, still happy though. :)

I always well played before lethal. It's just habit now.

I do get a bit salty when people say "sorry" though, because they clearly don't mean it. You're just rubbing salt in the RNG wound.

I pretty much reserve "sorry" as a response to "oops." I can't think of another situation where it won't come across as bitchy.

I do it when I get a really stupid lethal for a game I don't deserve to win.

I hate that use of "sorry" because it just feels like salt in the wound

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    I wouldn't say you need Jarax or Malganis if you're playing zoo (which zoo is legend-worthy already).

They're only really for demonlock.

Malylock doesn't use them either.

Most zoo lists now include Malganis. If not, they usually have Sylvanas instead but I see Malganis lists a lot more.

Antonidas is a huge card for mages, as he represents a seperate win condition all by himself.

Mech Mage doesn't see as much play and tempo mage often favors Ragnaros instead. So he's huge in the right deck, but so is Ragnaros.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    Except for an initial greetings, I don't emote anything else unless provoked. Against obvious BMers I will admit to roping out the very last turn before conceding.

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

Sure, for mech mage, thats what your win condition is, Antonidas+cheap spells, but, as I said, I don't think that tempo mage commonly runs Antonidas. Just a few examples from Hearthpwn:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/227207-eu-legend-1-tempo-mage-updated
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/207568-bloodlips-top-1-eu-tempo-mage
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/261639-firestorm-3-0-top-100-legend

So, I say again, its a really good card, and can be great and win you games (I mean, there is a reason why mech mage is very commonly played), but I wouldn't call it a must craft card.

Edit: And what Steel Angel said. ;-)

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

Sure, for mech mage, thats what your win condition is, Antonidas+cheap spells, but, as I said, I don't think that tempo mage commonly runs Antonidas. Just a few examples from Hearthpwn:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/227207-eu-legend-1-tempo-mage-updated
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/207568-bloodlips-top-1-eu-tempo-mage
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/261639-firestorm-3-0-top-100-legend

So, I say again, its a really good card, and can be great and win you games (I mean, there is a reason why mech mage is very commonly played), but I wouldn't call it a must craft card.

Edit: And what Steel Angel said. ;-)

Those first two you linked are uhh, actually kinda outdated (hell, the second one doesn't even run Flamewaker). The third one is, well... a bit of a departure from the norm. Also seems wildly inconsistent, the list has four one-of secrets and honestly a lot of one-ofs anyway? Which again, seems inconsistent. Only one Shredder, Belcher, and Water Elemental? Odd choice.

It doesn't necessarily mean those are "wrong" or anything... But the most common variation of Tempo Mage is this one: https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/hyunher-tempo-mage

Mech Yetis, Clockworm Gnome(s), several cheap spells. All ties together nicely for Flamewaker combos or Antonidas fuel.

Sure, you can make a Tempo Mage deck that doesn't have Antonidas or Mech Yetis or Clockwork Gnomes, but I feel like this variation is the stronger one. Shrug!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Except for an initial greetings, I don't emote anything else unless provoked. Against obvious BMers I will admit to roping out the very last turn before conceding.

Ah, see when someone obviously BMs me, I just HAVE to find a way to win. I just hear the Guile Theme kicking in in my head and I go to work.

60% of the time, it works every time.

PSN: Holy-Promethium

Ah, see when someone obviously BMs me, I just HAVE to find a way to win. I just hear the Guile Theme kicking in in my head and I go to work.

60% of the time, it works every time.

well obviously I only concede when there's no way to win, as in, they have lethal next turn

I once had a guy BM me by deliberately not killing me when he could, for like four turns. If I had just drawn the right card I would have turned it around easily, but alas my deck was being stupid that day.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Turn One Boulderfist Orge who becomes a 8/10 with Taunt next turn isn't a good way to start a match. Luckly, I've mastered the art of Zerg Imp Rush and won on turn 7 with lethal.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    My plan is to just play Ramp Druid until things are shaken out. It's already decent, got some nice buffs, and it should be good against a bunch of unrefined stuff including Joust decks.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    It wasn't actually a very good plan if Trump had been tracking what cards Sjow had played and if he assumed that Thaussarian had triggered on the majority of the combo (and I think Thauss was on the board). He had a 50/50 kill with yolo boombots and that was 100% the better plan.

Yes, it was the better plan you're absolutely right.

But dude

he died from 49 life against an empty board in a single turn

There are like what, 2 whole classes that can generate that amount of armor reliably? What is priest supposed to do against that? The combo trivially kills them from 30, and they can't heal above it.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not arguing that it was fair, I'm just saying that even in that situation Trump had a way to play that could've won the game, failed to do that, and was punished for it. Too much of the narrative surrounding Patron consists of "well, there was nothing I/they could do" when it's objectively false.

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    is anyone online I can spectate to victory for quest :D

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »
    is anyone online I can spectate to victory for quest :D

@Vorpal I'm Dakkadakka#1890 and I'll play for a bit.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    For 6 mana, my paladin can drop an echoing ooze and a blessing of kings for 2 5/6s. And that's a much easier play than having Thaurissan, the slack to play him, and enough/the right cards in your hand for the 1 mana drop to really pay off. So I really don't have a problem if it absolutely wins them the game later.

TGT patch has been datamined and contains some good news:
    New Daily Quests
    Everybody! Get in here! Win 5 Tavern Brawls. - Rewards: 60 Gold
    Druid Victory - Win 3 games with Druid. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Hunter Victory - Win 3 games with Hunter. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Mage Victory - Win 3 games with Mage. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Paladin Victory - Win 3 games with Paladin. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Priest Victory - Win 3 games with Priest. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Rogue Victory - Win 3 games with Rogue. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Shaman Victory - Win 3 games with Shaman. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Warlock Victory - Win 3 games with Warlock. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Warrior Victory - Win 3 games with Warrior. - Rewards: 50 Gold

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the grand tournament has not begun

this title is bad on multiple levels

liEt3nH.png
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    those are poopoo quests. 50g? thats chump change

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights

yeah, but they're better then 40g quests so overall gold gain will go up by a decent percent.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Isn't it "Everyone! Get in here!"

Wow blizzard QA your game

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited August 2015
    TGT patch has been datamined and contains some good news:
    New Daily Quests
    Everybody! Get in here! Win 5 Tavern Brawls. - Rewards: 60 Gold
    Druid Victory - Win 3 games with Druid. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Hunter Victory - Win 3 games with Hunter. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Mage Victory - Win 3 games with Mage. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Paladin Victory - Win 3 games with Paladin. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Priest Victory - Win 3 games with Priest. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Rogue Victory - Win 3 games with Rogue. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Shaman Victory - Win 3 games with Shaman. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Warlock Victory - Win 3 games with Warlock. - Rewards: 50 Gold
    Warrior Victory - Win 3 games with Warrior. - Rewards: 50 Gold

This is bad news, I think?

It seems like the chances of pulling a 60 Gold Quest are lower than they were before... :(

yeah, but they're better then 40g quests so overall gold gain will go up by a decent percent.

It will go down for people who exclusively do 60g quests

ObiFett on
    edited August 2015
    It depends on whether your average quest gives more or less than 50g

I would think it would be less than 50g (which makes it good)

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

For some anyway. Less flexible class requirements are going to be an issue for many players. And while not as many as five games, there's still diminishing returns for games played compared to the 2 win quests for people with less time.

I would have preferred some more, non-win dependent quests to go with these though I can't figure out good ones off the top of my head.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    Average is 100% lower than before since the 100g quest exists. Worse is that you will need to make both priest and paladin decks!

edited August 2015
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    Average is 100% lower than before since the 100g quest exists. Worse is that you will need to make both priest and paladin decks!

That's just one quest. Discounting various games you can play with quest mulligans, the easiest way to look at whether these quests are a net gain or loss is to look at whether the average gold gain from them is more or less than the previous average gold gain.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    The odds of getting any particular quest aren't equal, guys. There are an equal number of 40g quests as 60g, but you get about three 40g for every one 60g. So unless these new ones are gonna replace 60g quests, which is unlikely, this is a net improvement.

edited August 2015
    ObiFett wrote: »

But those people clearly don't need gold that much anyways.

admanb on
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    The odds of getting any particular quest aren't equal, guys.

They aren't? I thought they are.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

Exclusively do 60g quests? Wah?

How do people get so much gold anyway? Arena?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    The odds of getting any particular quest aren't equal, guys.

They aren't? I thought they are.

No. That's why you get way more 40g quests than 60g quests, and why Total Victory is very rare.

Man, I do that because I need a ton of gold