Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    So this priest just did 41 dmg to my face after dropping maly (one proc from Mr. T).

Thankfully, I had 42 total hp from warrior. -_-'

geeeeeeeeeeez

#warriorlife

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    So this priest just did 41 dmg to my face after dropping maly (one proc from Mr. T).

geeeeeeeeeeez

#warriorlife

Truehearts clear eyes can't lose

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    eqA58BF.jpg

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

geeeeeeeeeeez

#warriorlife

Truehearts clear eyes can't lose

Nah. Coach Taylor would totally be a Paladin. Because he likes taking little dudes and buffing them up.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    After opening him in my first 50 TGT packs, I finally got to play Anub'arak!

After I got him from Nefarian's Burgle. (sure, it made the rogue concede, but the Ysera in my hand also probably would have done that)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular

After I got him from Nefarian's Burgle. (sure, it made the rogue concede, but the Ysera in my hand also probably would have done that)

You know, I think Anub'arak probably makes a lot better finisher in Control Warrior then in Rogue at the moment. Rogue has a lot of trouble playing the long game when they spend so much life with their hero power.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I ran into this really strange variant of Control Warrior the other day. I guess the best way to describe it would be like, Stall/Fatigue? It was strange.

So basically, he had things like Deathlords, Explosive Sheep, double Revenge (in addition to Whirlwinds), aaaaand Justicar of course. I think he was also running double Bash? It was interesting though, because whatever was pulled from Deathlord would just feed into Brawl. So there was almost no downside.

It was a very VERY frustrating deck to play against but it was also pretty fascinating. He mighta had double Healbots too? Probably.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Inq wrote: »

You know, I think Anub'arak probably makes a lot better finisher in Control Warrior then in Rogue at the moment. Rogue has a lot of trouble playing the long game when they spend so much life with their hero power.

Trust me, I tried making control rogue with Anub as a wincon work. It did not. At all.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think if he were a 6/6 or a 5/7 he'd be significantly better, possibly even the win condition that Control Rogue would really need to be viable. He's technically well costed, 5 and a half mana for 12 stats and 3 and a half for 8. Better yet a 5/6 taunt would have made him a god tier card.

It's a hard life when your win condition is countered by Owl though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    mysterious challenger is the most annoying 6/6. it's funny when it -doesn't- pick up the avenge (pretty much whenever the pally has board control. so, at least for me, most of the time lately) and you just can't kill it! and that 2/1 that's in place to drop down 100% no matter what to keep you from damaging it too. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. it's better than a taunt!

edit - I peaked at rank 2 and I'm back to barely in 4. this little dance has been going on for a couple of days... I should probably stop hopping decks but the streakiness is odd. win a bunch, lose a bunch, switch decks, win a bunch, lose a bunch

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Suckafish wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    This is the version I've ended up with. I used to run cabals + shrinkmeisters, but ehh I don't like having shrinkmeisters. But that combo would certainly help against other dragon priests, so maybe I'll have to go back to it, we'll see.

ds3RUQB.jpg

Went from rank 15 to 9 really smoothly with this, but the going is getting a bit rougher now and I might have to make some changes if I want to reach the rank 5 milestone with the limited time I have.

Mass Dispel may strike you as somewhat unusual. :) I teched it in when I kept running into shaman and paladin a lot, and ended up keeping it. Haven't really regretted having it, but it'll be one of the first cards to go if I change the deck.

edit: in many games Dr Boom would probably be better than Sylvanas. But there are a lot of dragon decks out there and I felt I needed another potential way to deal with an opposing Ysera besides Vol'jin.

I used to run Mass Dispel in my Dragon Priest, but the problem I found is even if you silence a handful of minions, it still leaves them on the board.

You might want to consider 2xVelen's. It can win games or at the very least bait out a silence or execute on one of your low-cost minions.

I sit around the same rank, currently at 7 which is where I ended last month. Just to compare two takes on Dragon Priest which seem to be about equally as strong, here are the differences in my deck:

-2 Holy Smite
    -1 Vol'jin
    -1 Mass Dispel
    -1 Sludge Belcher
    -1 Nefarian

+1 Giblin Stalker
    +2 Velen's Chosen
    +1 Shadow Madness
    +1 Chromaggus
    +1 Mind Control

Stalker and Shadow Madness are the two I haven't seen any other Dragon Priest run. Stalker for the extra Velen's target. Shadow Madness because it is my favorite Priest card :-) Might not be ideal, but incredibly useful in some games. Stealing a Sludge Belcher and killing it to keep the slime is the highest value play I get out of it, but so good just stealing/wasting a Haunted Creeper or Mad Scientist death rattle, or killing a Knife Juggler that appeared to be out of reach.

Chrom over Nefarian for me is just to avoid having any BGH target. I used to run Nefarian in place of the Mind Control.

Shadow Madness is a spell I miss a lot, as it's one of those spells that can easily turn a game completely around. Plus it's fun. The reason I don't play it, or Velen's Chosen, is that Dragon priest often plays minions on-curve (unlike pre-TGT priests, who relied on comeback mechanisms to gain control and dominate the late game), and I feel that playing more minions works better than cards like shadow madness and velen's chosen. Also, if I include Velen's, I'll be tempted to add the Twin Val'kyr too, and then it becomes a very different deck (where I would probably drop the big dragons altogether and make a more midrangey deck).

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    Suckafish wrote: »
    This is the version I've ended up with. I used to run cabals + shrinkmeisters, but ehh I don't like having shrinkmeisters. But that combo would certainly help against other dragon priests, so maybe I'll have to go back to it, we'll see.

ds3RUQB.jpg

Went from rank 15 to 9 really smoothly with this, but the going is getting a bit rougher now and I might have to make some changes if I want to reach the rank 5 milestone with the limited time I have.

Mass Dispel may strike you as somewhat unusual. :) I teched it in when I kept running into shaman and paladin a lot, and ended up keeping it. Haven't really regretted having it, but it'll be one of the first cards to go if I change the deck.

edit: in many games Dr Boom would probably be better than Sylvanas. But there are a lot of dragon decks out there and I felt I needed another potential way to deal with an opposing Ysera besides Vol'jin.

I used to run Mass Dispel in my Dragon Priest, but the problem I found is even if you silence a handful of minions, it still leaves them on the board.

You might want to consider 2xVelen's. It can win games or at the very least bait out a silence or execute on one of your low-cost minions.

I sit around the same rank, currently at 7 which is where I ended last month. Just to compare two takes on Dragon Priest which seem to be about equally as strong, here are the differences in my deck:

-2 Holy Smite
    -1 Vol'jin
    -1 Mass Dispel
    -1 Sludge Belcher
    -1 Nefarian

+1 Giblin Stalker
    +2 Velen's Chosen
    +1 Shadow Madness
    +1 Chromaggus
    +1 Mind Control

Stalker and Shadow Madness are the two I haven't seen any other Dragon Priest run. Stalker for the extra Velen's target. Shadow Madness because it is my favorite Priest card :-) Might not be ideal, but incredibly useful in some games. Stealing a Sludge Belcher and killing it to keep the slime is the highest value play I get out of it, but so good just stealing/wasting a Haunted Creeper or Mad Scientist death rattle, or killing a Knife Juggler that appeared to be out of reach.

Chrom over Nefarian for me is just to avoid having any BGH target. I used to run Nefarian in place of the Mind Control.

Shadow Madness is a spell I miss a lot, as it's one of those spells that can easily turn a game completely around. Plus it's fun. The reason I don't play it, or Velen's Chosen, is that Dragon priest often plays minions on-curve (unlike pre-TGT priests, who relied on comeback mechanisms to gain control and dominate the late game), and I feel that playing more minions works better than cards like shadow madness and velen's chosen. Also, if I include Velen's, I'll be tempted to add the Twin Val'kyr too, and then it becomes a very different deck (where I would probably drop the big dragons altogether and make a more midrangey deck).

I run a single Velen's. It's great for the mirror, and just in general, because so many of your minions are big butt.

sig.gif
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So Secret Pally is almost completely uncounterable bullshit.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Play midrange Hunter with 1-2 flares.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    secret pally is certainly a deck that some decks will feel is uncounterable, but that basically describes all the top tier decks in hearthstone

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Play midrange Hunter with 1-2 flares.

Doesn't help if I'm playing a mech mage deck. Also, anything with Dr. Boom isn't much fun either. I'm only at 15 and there's so many things that even if I was using a different deck, I couldn't counter it from lack of cards. Running into mostly Secret Pally, Face Hunter, Patron Warrior, and Warlocks.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mechmage actually has a favourable matchup against secret pally

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/326891-mech-mage-s18-no-fel-reaver This is more or less what I used, Flamestrike in the place of Argent and Reaper 4000 instead of Boom.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I've mostly won against secret Paladin playing druid, it's just intensely annoying. I shed a single tear every time I have to coin wrath secretkeeper.

Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    druid definitely can win, swipe is nice, but I don't know how much of an advantage there is.

I'm not sure if win % from ladder get posted anywhere though.

• Options
    edited September 2015

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/326891-mech-mage-s18-no-fel-reaver This is more or less what I used, Flamestrike in the place of Argent and Reaper 4000 instead of Boom.

harvest golem isn't good enough to play anymore and doesn't make the cut, clockwork knight is way too slow, azure drake doesn't really do much for you, foe reaper 4000 is bad, and mechanical yeti is just kind of slow these days as well

arcane missiles helps a lot with your matchup against hunter and paladin, unstable portal is statistically likely to be good value and is just one more spell for once you're using antonidas, and you should probably be running two copies of annoy-o-tron and clockwork gnome

i think loatheb in general is not super in vogue right now, there's not a lot that you're meaningfully stopping presently, you might be able to replace him

note that the deck does have a poor matchup against warlocks (and in fact the increase of mages preying on secrets pally has lead to an increase in warlocks as a result) so there's only so much you can do to shore up that fight

you can also add a blood knight if you wind up really facing a majority of pally

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I UNSTABLE PORTAL'D A GAZLOWE IN TEMPO MAGE AND HAD A SORCEROR'S APPRENTICE TO MAKE MY 2 SPELLS COST 1 ALONG WITH MY ARCANE MISSILES AND MIRROR IMAGE AHAHAHAHAAHA

e:

NQKDrZb.jpg

THE KNIFE JUGGLER POPPED OUT OF A SHREDDER

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options

harvest golem isn't good enough to play anymore and doesn't make the cut, clockwork knight is way too slow, azure drake doesn't really do much for you, foe reaper 4000 is bad, and mechanical yeti is just kind of slow these days as well

arcane missiles helps a lot with your matchup against hunter and paladin, unstable portal is statistically likely to be good value and is just one more spell for once you're using antonidas, and you should probably be running two copies of annoy-o-tron and clockwork gnome

i think loatheb in general is not super in vogue right now, there's not a lot that you're meaningfully stopping presently, you might be able to replace him

note that the deck does have a poor matchup against warlocks (and in fact the increase of mages preying on secrets pally has lead to an increase in warlocks as a result) so there's only so much you can do to shore up that fight

you can also add a blood knight if you wind up really facing a majority of pally

Thanks I'll switch things up a bit.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Holy fuck I just brawled with 2 of my minions out after he played Dr Boom and Loatheb. Boom survives and then he kills me with force double roar from above 30 health, I'm going to kill someone.
    Variable wrote: »
    druid definitely can win, swipe is nice, but I don't know how much of an advantage there is.

I'm not sure if win % from ladder get posted anywhere though.
    Tempostorm puts Druid slightly favored, which is probably about right. I've played a lot of Druid and a lot of secret paladins were probably bad.

• Options
    You know, I really didn't notice that the Aspirants were kind of a cycle. I hope we'll see like Thunder Bluff Aspirant and Undercity Aspirant one day....

• Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    You know, I really didn't notice that the Aspirants were kind of a cycle. I hope we'll see like Thunder Bluff Aspirant and Undercity Aspirant one day....

Undercity and Thunder Bluff got Valiants, which are the next tier up for wanna-be knights at the Argent Tournament.

• Options
    Inq wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »

Undercity and Thunder Bluff got Valiants, which are the next tier up for wanna-be knights at the Argent Tournament.

Hmm. I like this less now. Flavour fail.

At least the Valiants should be Rare, while the Aspirants are common.

• Options
    The Thunderbluff Valiant is a rare.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone who gets the Loot Crate, this month has a code for a pack of cards + a Hearthstone stress ball.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    I don't have anything approaching a decent deck. should I buy gvg or tgt?

League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Finally made it to rank 5 this season. It felt a lot harder than last season. I was stuck at rank 9 for about 3 hours the other day, and then climbed from there to rank 5 today in 31 games, going 20-11 with this deck:
    mygwh4ypw6jd.jpg

Matchup stats for those 31 games:
    Shaman 1-0
    Priest (dragon) 4-3
    Druid 4-2
    Paladin (secret) 3-1
    Hunter 2-1
    Mage (mech) 0-1
    Mage (freeze) 1-1
    Warrior (patron) 3-1
    Warlock (handlock) 2-1

• Options
    Squatfurd wrote: »
    The GvG cards are much more overpowered. The best cards in TGT are mostly for high dust decks, anyway, and you can just craft murloc knight or tuskarr if you want to play paladin/shaman, they're commons.

• Options
    Squatfurd wrote: »

The only decks that were drastically changed with TGT were Aggro/Midrange Paladin and Dragon Priest. Everything else is essentially the same with a sprinkle here and there of new cards. Well I guess Shaman was also changed a lot, but it's still bad so *shrug*.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Had my esportsiest moment in a game earlier. Playing Patron vs Midrange Paladin, normally a gimme matchup but he opened with solid tempo while I drew terribly -- both Patrons, both Frothings, a Warsong, no Inner Rages and not a single whirlwind effect -- and of course the turn before I could've dropped Warsong + Patron and cleared some mess out he sent his 1/1s TO ARMS MEN.

So I looked at the board and having finally drawn a whirlwind realized my only way to avoid lethal was to whirlwind to kill his Shredder, and get a Doomsayer.

Naturally I did exactly that.

I think it's the only time I've ever used "I'm so sorry, friend" and really meant it.

I later killed him with two Frothings.

• Options
    I started playing Mech Mage because the ladder seems to consist of 2/4s Paladins, 1/4 Hunters, and 1/4 Patron. Went from 5 to 2 last night so I guess it was the right call.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    My portals have been top notch this week as well. I would almost think they upped the legendary chance because of the brawl. My effigy secrets were mighty pleased as these 'cheap' legendaries had to be killed.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I think they specifically said that yes, they did up the legendary chance for the unstable portal brawl. Could be wrong though.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    I think they specifically said that yes, they did up the legendary chance for the unstable portal brawl. Could be wrong though.

But I'm playing ranked?

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Anyone read this article yet?

http://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstones-ben-brode-on-rng-esports-and-the-rise-of-secret-paladin/

Ben Brode sees no problems with Secret Pally and Grim Patron, though is a little unhappy with how Patron works. At least Secret Pally cannot kill you in one turn.

I'm not sure I agree with him. It may not be one turn, but I do think both decks could use a little nerf.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    idk about pally needing a nerf. it, at least, promotes the kind of game they want. granted if you haven't won the board by turn 6 and they have mysterious challenger the game virtually ends (unless you have specific cards in hand) but I'm not sure that makes it OP

kinda bummed about patron, I imagine the fact that it doesn't win every game ever for everyone is why they aren't worried about it (though I didn't read the article yet so maybe there are better reasons). but 'fair' stats or not it's a deck that works against how they've said they want the game played and it's really zero fun to play against.