Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm playing the wrong (right?) decks but I never found secret pally to be OP. I actually think it's more a one hit wonder and will be out of the meta soon.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    idk about pally needing a nerf. it, at least, promotes the kind of game they want. granted if you haven't won the board by turn 6 and they have mysterious challenger the game virtually ends (unless you have specific cards in hand) but I'm not sure that makes it OP

kinda bummed about patron, I imagine the fact that it doesn't win every game ever for everyone is why they aren't worried about it (though I didn't read the article yet so maybe there are better reasons). but 'fair' stats or not it's a deck that works against how they've said they want the game played and it's really zero fun to play against.

You are right about Pally at last being answerable: I'd just like it if there was a tad more answers as the current neutral secret removal does not help, and only Hunter has a (very) good answer. II feel it currently stacks up against you every turn a little too reliable.

Patron is at least still being looked at, but BB wants the dust to settle first.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Reynad has said that Flare isn't even good against secrets pally, so I'm not sure the secret value is really what makes Secret Pally into a winning deck. I think it's that it proposes two separate threats that need to be dealt with in one card--the secret hat as well as the 6/6 body. Like, you can flare away the secrets, but there's still a 6/6 staring you down.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I watched this guy's video playing an Inspire Warrior where he faced off against 3 Secrets Paladins in his 5 games to Legend. In each game, he dealt with the outcome and came out even or on top.

https://youtu.be/xzKer2QoBGs

The games are the first two and the last (36:18 mark).

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I'm now back from vacation and I had a grand total of 6645 dust to play around with (including the 3200 from my spare Golden Rags and Blingtron) having decided to wait until I got back before I crafted anything.

So my thought was "What can I craft that I'm going to enjoy playing the most?"

The answer was to be an Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion. As well as a Turtle that has no time to play games.

E98BITw.jpg

and I've still got 1600 dust locked up in my Golden Blingtron to use.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    idk about pally needing a nerf. it, at least, promotes the kind of game they want. granted if you haven't won the board by turn 6 and they have mysterious challenger the game virtually ends (unless you have specific cards in hand) but I'm not sure that makes it OP

kinda bummed about patron, I imagine the fact that it doesn't win every game ever for everyone is why they aren't worried about it (though I didn't read the article yet so maybe there are better reasons). but 'fair' stats or not it's a deck that works against how they've said they want the game played and it's really zero fun to play against.

I think their idea is, there are a lot of OTK-type combos in the game, but they aren't going to nerf them just because they exist in some inconsistent wombo-combo deck. The line they're trying to figure out with Patron is, in theory, it's the best deck, but its win rate is lower then the decks they nerfed in the past in the various populations they look at (overall, top players, etc). Plus the deck isn't even that popular on the ladder. All of that makes them think it might be okay, but it's still on the watch list.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Demon Handlock is pretty awesome.

I mean I haven't played ranked in two weeks so I'm way out of position relative to my skill level/deck quality, but I can feel like I'm losing and yet bring it back.

"You face Jaraxxus! You face Jaraxxus! Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion! OOOBLIVION!"

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Rogue arena, playing at 10 wins, going toe-to-toe with this shaman into the late game. Our hands are empty and we're just topdecking, 2 smallish bodies on the board and we're both under 15 hp.

I draw burgle into... *drumroll* flametongue totem and windspeaker.

• Options
    .... I love Sylvanas.

Ragnaros has 50/50 chance of hitting Sylvanas instead of my face.

Hits Sylvanas.

Sylvanas has 33.33% chance of mind controlling opponent's Rags... it does.

I win a couple of turns later.

Bwahahaha!

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    jesus i'm having really bad luck as a hunter in the brawl
    2 games i've been denied lethal because of sunwalker
    the last game i had a king krush in hand, one on board + ysera against mage's empty board and he top decks pyroblast for the win
    T_T

+1 alex into pyroblast death. mages can burn in hell

EDIT: ok i got mysterious challenger as a hunter. all is forgiven

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I just realized that I've been on a huge winning streak with Control Warrior since I added in Baron Geddon. The streak has taken me from 15 to 8, which I'd guess is about 12+ wins in a row. That's crazy!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Just took an Oil Rogue all the way into Fatigue before they finally were overwhelmed by my board.

Laughed my head off when they mis-calculated that they had lethal on their final turn though. There were copious 'Sorry' and 'Well Played' emotes before they put down the SI:7 then there was a long pause... Think they forgot that they needed to use a card in order to set up the combo. So they couldn't get both the 2 damage from the SI:7 and the 4 from Eviscerate to get my last 5 health (Jaraxxus still in the bottom 4 cards of my deck along with 2x Sunfury Protector)

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Streak extended to rank 7. Also just got level 60 with Warrior, although I still have 213 wins to get to 500.

BTW, here's the deck I'm using if anyone is interested.

Edit: And the streak ends at 7 to a Maylgos Demon/Dragon Warlock.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    WTF, going on Twitch and two streamers I'm following are playing Control Shaman? What happened? Did I wake up in a mirror universe again?

edit: This is the list http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2015/09/13/fade2karma-deck-of-the-week-pure-control-shaman/

second edit: This is a really good writeup and I've now remembered Varranis back from DKMR. I need to check what cards I'm missing to try this, it looks super cool.

Grobian on
  • Options
    In case anyone was curious, Dragon Paladin still isn't good. The fucking warriors and secret paladins are too much.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Grobian wrote: »
    WTF, going on Twitch and two streamers I'm following are playing Control Shaman? What happened? Did I wake up in a mirror universe again?

edit: This is the list http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2015/09/13/fade2karma-deck-of-the-week-pure-control-shaman/

second edit: This is a really good writeup and I've now remembered Varranis back from DKMR. I need to check what cards I'm missing to try this, it looks super cool.

Based in the write-ups I feel like I have played against a few iterations of this deck. It certainly seems interesting, unfortunately I think I am a few key cards away from it and need the dust elsewhere.

Edit: the more I think about it the more questions I have about this deck. I really want to play it and see for myself...hmmmm burning dust on random stuff won't be a big right?

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Streak extended to rank 7. Also just got level 60 with Warrior, although I still have 213 wins to get to 500.

Speaking as someone who's played the other end of that matchup, Control Warrior's heavily favored if you realize what they're doing early and just start piling on the armor. Of course, they may curve out really well, but assuming an average draw on both sides, you should be able to clear their shit without taking too much damage, and even with an insane Maly turn, there's only so much burst. Most lists really only run one Soulfire, even.

The tell for Malylock is if they tap early, then start playing stuff like Imp Gang Boss. That way you know it's neither Zoo nor Handlock. Also, if they play Dragon anything.

sig.gif
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

Agreed on the Patron. I think because it's a high difficulty deck that the win percentage is lower. But it still can win on one turn with nothing on the board which I think should be against what they are going for. They nerfed Rogue because of the one turn potential and yet this deck can do the same thing. Plus, it makes you not want to play <2 power cards as you know they will just be fodder for the Patron.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Jurg wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Speaking as someone who's played the other end of that matchup, Control Warrior's heavily favored if you realize what they're doing early and just start piling on the armor. Of course, they may curve out really well, but assuming an average draw on both sides, you should be able to clear their shit without taking too much damage, and even with an insane Maly turn, there's only so much burst. Most lists really only run one Soulfire, even.

The tell for Malylock is if they tap early, then start playing stuff like Imp Gang Boss. That way you know it's neither Zoo nor Handlock. Also, if they play Dragon anything.

Yeah, all the signs were there but it was my first time seeing it so I didn't recognize the deck. It's OK though, I'll know better in the future.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I don't even mind too much that Patron can kill you on one turn (but then again, I play combo druid sometimes). It's the fact that the turn takes FOREVER to play out. And you really can't even just concede to skip it because there are times where the warrior miscounts and misses lethal by a point or two.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    In case anyone was curious, Dragon Paladin still isn't good. The fucking warriors and secret paladins are too much.

What deck are you using? I've been playing that deck and winning against most warriors and other paladins excepting really bad draws.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

I think I played against that deck last night. I was fairly sure I was playing against ancestors call / Malygos at the time but that never came. It was a strange match. I ended up killing him with Jarraxus.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I don't even mind too much that Patron can kill you on one turn (but then again, I play combo druid sometimes). It's the fact that the turn takes FOREVER to play out. And you really can't even just concede to skip it because there are times where the warrior miscounts and misses lethal by a point or two.

I really wish that they had some kind of variable rate of animation that would speed up after it has triggered more than 3-4 times. Would really help the irritation factor.

Also, what is more annoying for me about patron warrior is that it penalizes you, not only for having less than 3 attack minions out, is that it penalizes you for having any minions out with the frothing. More minions out -> more targets injured by whirlwind. Further, the board control stays there, so even if he doesn't kill you, if you can't kill him next turn by going to the face, he hasn't lost much, if any, momentum.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    No, I require the full EVERYBODY, GET IN HERE every time.

• Options
    No, I require the full EVERYBODY, GET IN HERE every time.

Even more than that, since its easy to check that, say 6 minions were damaged by whirlwind, they could just increase the attack of the frothing by 6, instead of doing a separate animation to add 1 attack 6 times.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    That makes a lot of assumptions about how the game is coded.

• Options
    That makes a lot of assumptions about how the game is coded.

I don't mean to sound like these are one line fixes, but Blizzard, who always makes a point of emphasizing how they're committed to the polish they have on things, seems like they could fix this relatively simply. But true, I don't have any inside information about how their event queue is constructed or resolved.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Based in the write-ups I feel like I have played against a few iterations of this deck. It certainly seems interesting, unfortunately I think I am a few key cards away from it and need the dust elsewhere.

Edit: the more I think about it the more questions I have about this deck. I really want to play it and see for myself...hmmmm burning dust on random stuff won't be a big right?

I had built a very similar Shaman Control deck when TGT dropped and felt that it was held back significantly by how hard it was to actually extract card advantage from your boardwipes due to deathrattlers, Murlock Knights, etc.... I haven't played in few weeks, so perhaps the meta has shifted enough that it can find success, but I think you want at least one Earth Shock in the list (probably for a Crackle). And be prepared for a serious learning curve with regards to understanding how to bait out certain boardstates to best leverage Elemental Destruction.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

which streamers were playing it?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I'm always amazed watching Zetalot and his priest decks.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Jaraxxus gets pulled in by a Voidcaller, secret pally opponent says "Sorry".

Little did they know, it was all going to plan!

Because they wasted their Ironbeak on an Imp Gang Boss, I know they have absolutely nothing in their deck that can deal with a 4/16 Taunt.

Top decking the Molten Giant was just gravy.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular

Because they wasted their Ironbeak on an Imp Gang Boss, I know they have absolutely nothing in their deck that can deal with a 4/16 Taunt.

Do secret pallies not play equality now?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    El Skid wrote: »

The one listed on Tempostorm doesn't and I'm still working my way down the ranks so I'm at rank 14 EU where nearly everyone is meta snapshot net decking (badly too).

Figured it was at least worth a gamble.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    El Skid wrote: »

I have never seen a secret Paladin with equality. They can't spare the slot for it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    some midrange secret builds do, but the aggro builds do not

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    I just beat two hunters by not attacking with my dragon mage deck.

I wish I would have known what was in their hand because they both gave up with 30 health.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So shaman still generally regard as bad huh? That sucks because the new class cards are so good.

What is holding the class back, exactly? Is it still just overload stymying the late game?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    So shaman still generally regard as bad huh? That sucks because the new class cards are so good.

What is holding the class back, exactly? Is it still just overload stymying the late game?

One of the big things is lack of efficient draw mechanics.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    edited September 2015

which streamers were playing it?

Neviilz (or some other spelling, I can never remember which letter is double) and shevek18

Both actually didn't have much success with it. Nev dropped to legend rank ~3k and switched to demon handlock which got him back up to 200 or something quite fast.

Grobian on