Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Anyway, someone was asking about a dragon paladin deck, this is mine. I tweaked it some more after complaining earlier and had more success.
    Z7wbRFj.jpg
    I had a lot more success once I cut muster and knife juggler, without quartermaster it just wasn't giving me enough value and I had too many 3 mana cards. The corrupters had to go for the same reason.

I can't post my list right now but I think running any dragon deck without corruptors isn't a good idea. They're pretty much the reason to run dragons at all. At that point in your deck you could just go to control pally with ysera and be better off.

Also I'd cut technician before muster even without juggler or quarter master.

Yeah, this is an interesting deck. I mean, I have 2 zombie chows, 2 musters, and a knife juggler, AND corruptors, and against an aggressive deck even then the corruptors are usually the thing allowing me to start regaining control of the board turn 5. I guess you've got your coghammer and extra taunt minion.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    a good arena draft becomes a bad arena draft when hunter rolls huffer after making plays that would be a mistake UNLESS of course he rolled huffer, and then a pally gets murloc knight off murloc knight twice in a row.

in case arena wasn't enough of a waste of time already

I expect to log in and see "Variable has started an Arena run with 9 wins already!"

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    a good arena draft becomes a bad arena draft when hunter rolls huffer after making plays that would be a mistake UNLESS of course he rolled huffer, and then a pally gets murloc knight off murloc knight twice in a row.

in case arena wasn't enough of a waste of time already

I expect to log in and see "Variable has started an Arena run with 9 wins already!"

I'm glad that part of my identity is that I'm at least good at the game on top of being angry at the game.

but for serious I don't do it too often, I generally just convert gold to packs. but it's just so chaotic grrrrrrrrrrrr.

edit - capped off with a turn 6 death to a mage who drew perfectly while I drew not great.

nothing specific to get pissed except of course the need to emote 'hello' after drawing blastmage with a mech on the board. because this guy was really impressed with himself I suppose. couldn't squelch quickly enough.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    MadPen wrote: »
    Anyway, someone was asking about a dragon paladin deck, this is mine. I tweaked it some more after complaining earlier and had more success.
    Z7wbRFj.jpg
    I had a lot more success once I cut muster and knife juggler, without quartermaster it just wasn't giving me enough value and I had too many 3 mana cards. The corrupters had to go for the same reason.

I can't post my list right now but I think running any dragon deck without corruptors isn't a good idea. They're pretty much the reason to run dragons at all. At that point in your deck you could just go to control pally with ysera and be better off.

Yeah, this is an interesting deck. I mean, I have 2 zombie chows, 2 musters, and a knife juggler, AND corrupters, and against an aggressive deck even then the corruptors are usually the thing allowing me to start regaining control of the board turn 5. I guess you've got your coghammer and extra taunt minion.
    The problem I had with corrupters was too many dragon effects and not enough dragons. As for the technicians, playing them turn 3 against a non-face deck contests their annoying turn 1 or 2 3 health minions, and against a face deck it's kind of hard to use it to kill a knife juggler when they have other minions on the board to kill your dudes. I couldn't tell you the stats because I'm too lazy to use a deck tracker, but the aggro decks often fell apart under all the taunts.

However, I just lost what must be the 15th joust in a row, so fucking Tuskarr is gone and I'll try corrupter.

Coinage on
    Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    Z7wbRFj.jpg

Yeah, this is an interesting deck. I mean, I have 2 zombie chows, 2 musters, and a knife juggler, AND corrupters, and against an aggressive deck even then the corruptors are usually the thing allowing me to start regaining control of the board turn 5. I guess you've got your coghammer and extra taunt minion.
    The problem I had with corrupters was too many dragon effects and not enough dragons. As for the technicians, playing them turn 3 against a non-face deck contests their annoying turn 1 or 2 3 health minions, and against a face deck it's kind of hard to use it to kill a knife juggler when they have other minions on the board to kill your dudes. I couldn't tell you the stats because I'm too lazy to use a deck tracker, but the aggro decks often fell apart under all the taunts.

However, I just lost what must be the 15th joust in a row, so fucking Tuskarr is gone and I'll try corrupter.

How the heals working out for you? I cut mine and it seems to work, but I realize I play more aggressively to limit damage, which tends to a) make consecration/equality less useful and b) makes me run out of cards. Then again, it's just super hard to play an antique healbot without losing too much ground.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Btw, that Zetalot priest deck is really good. I sucked at first, derped around and split my first few games, but then win streaked pretty easily to 10. I misplayed a fair amount due to distraction but the sheer power of the deck pulled me through a lot. Also, Thoughtstealing Dr. Boom 4 times during my winstreak was pretty awesome :)

• Options
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Thoughts on TBK right now?

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Thoughts on TBK right now?
    Well Patron Warrior, Secret Paladin, and Hunter run little to no taunt, so...

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    i feel that there are some inherent flaws in drawing comparisons to magic formats where cards like force of will are being played, because tbqh hearthstone should not be aiming to have that power level in order to appeal to its primary market

Some of the cards are very close to it though, don't you think? Dark ritual is the game, for example. Piloted Shredder would be format warping. Mad Scientist is like a poor man's snap caster.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    comparing mad scientist to snapcaster is literally insane

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Apparently EU rank 6 consists entirely of dragon priests right now.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    The ladder is super tough right now. I've lost a whole lot.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Apparently EU rank 6 consists entirely of dragon priests right now.

Rank 4 (EU) is all handlocks.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Just got OTK'd from full health by a warlock who dropped Malygos and then a bunch of spells (he had some minions too.
    Frustrating as I had him on 8 health for a few turns but couldn't seal the deal

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    i feel that there are some inherent flaws in drawing comparisons to magic formats where cards like force of will are being played, because tbqh hearthstone should not be aiming to have that power level in order to appeal to its primary market

Some of the cards are very close to it though, don't you think? Dark ritual is the game, for example. Piloted Shredder would be format warping. Mad Scientist is like a poor man's snap caster.

Innervate is the closest a Hearthstone card gets to a broken Magic card, but that's fine because the difference between X and X+1 mana in Hearthstone is waaaaaay less significant than the difference in Magic. If you think a T3 Dr. Boom is backbreaking, the Magic equivalent would have you crying into your keyboard.

I'm not even sure Piloted Shredder would be amazing in Standard. Creatures in Magic are very very good.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Are the servers really unstable right now for anyone else? I keep disconnecting and reconnecting constantly. I'm not having similar troubles with my browser or other online games...

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    imagine if yeti had Battlecry: Deal 5 damage to the opponent and gain 5 shield

that is a bog standard magic creature

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Playing Face hunter at rank 4, lose twice in a row to the same to midrange (without secrets) pally. Get a friend request, so I figure he wants to call me a cancer.

But he actually wanted to advise me to switch one explosive for a bear trap. Nice guy.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I've been playing rogue in arena lately and Southsea Deckhand is absolutely awesome for combo and extra damage. I think I should really draft it more often

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

The difference in resource mechanics between card games makes it hard to compare cards directly between them:
    • Innervate in Hearthstone is 2 for 0 (net 2) and accelerates exactly two turns worth of mana - great
    • Dark Ritual in MtG is a 3 for 1 (net 2) but 2 extra mana in magic can take more than 2 turns and at least two land cards out of your draws, and cards are costed around this mana difficulty curve - nigh broken
    • Kingsroad in the Game of Thrones card game is a 3 for 1 (net 2) but since you don't build up 'mana' production turn on turn in the same way its either great or irrelevant depending on the cost curve - good but deck dependent
    • Easy Mark in Netrunner is a 3 for 0 (net 3) but 3 extra 'mana' is something you can easily get in a turn anyway with the mechanics - barely playable

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Dark Ritual is also an Instant while Innervate is the equivalent of a Sorcery.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I dunno about credits in Netrunner being mana. Sure Gamble is 9 credits, costs 5 to use. Diesel being a 0 mana, draw 3 card is pretty great but you could live without it. Stimhack is kinda similar to innervate?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Went from my Patron sucking complete wind to my vanilla Mech Mage kicking weird amounts of ass.

This game, man.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    You know the last time I said "Worst. Brawl. Ever"? I was wrong. This is the worst brawl ever.

Nothing but Auchenai priests and Warlocks.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I've seen at least a half-dozen Reddit posts asking for a "first one to die wins" Brawl. And they got a less stupid version of it. And it's still terrible.

• Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    What exactly are this week's brawl rules?

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Looks like:

Each turn, if you're losing by more than 3 health then a random minion rallies to your side.
    Meaning: At the start of your turn, if you are losing by at least 4 health, summon a random minion. Seems like only 2 or 3 drops are summoned.

• Options
    I actually think this Brawl is really cool, but the list of viable builds is super restricted.

• Options
    My opponent just conceded right after hitting "end turn" because I had taunted up monsters and eight less health... but the Brawl summoned a Doomsayer.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Seems like warlock (and handlock in particular) would be awesome in this brawl. Tap and take a bunch of damage, attack face only if it will result in your being at least 3 life behind still, then drop fatties and pulverize your opponent in a couple of turns.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I don't particularly understand how the effect triggers. Because I can summon a Flame Imp turn 1 and it won't trigger at the end of my turn or their turn.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I don't particularly understand how the effect triggers. Because I can summon a Flame Imp turn 1 and it won't trigger at the end of my turn or their turn.

Yeah it's more than 3. So 4 difference or greater. I don't like this brawl, it has a weird rubberband. I barely got enough shit on the board as druid to get a 21 hp kill on a warlock because he kept summoning more stuff to clear my 1/1 and 2/2 treants.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hah, had an interesting match in brawl, my dragon mage vs. a Warlock designed to pump out as many cards as possible (though not a traditional handlock). Managed to get him to fatigue around turn 15, and he had a lot of minions on the board -- including a cult master. That was fun.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    So shouldn't one just make this brawl from OTK decks and all the card draw to get said OTKs, and maybe removal to keep their board clear from BIG threats?

haven't tried it yet but just thinking out loud from all your posts...

or just a mega ALL ramp druid deck with no low cost minions?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options

It's four, and it triggers at the beginning of your turn.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    So shouldn't one just make this brawl from OTK decks and all the card draw to get said OTKs, and maybe removal to keep their board clear from BIG threats?

I'm going with a variant of Demon Handlock to include minions that will give me extra damage to my own face:
    • 2x Mortal Coil
    • 2x Flame Imp
    • 2x Darkbomb
    • 2x Ancient Watcher
    • 2x Ironbeak Owl
    • 2x Mistress of Pain (debatable, probably should choose something else)
    • 2x Sunfury Protector
    • 2x Imp Gang Boss
    • 1x Hellfire
    • 1x Shadowflame
    • 1x Defender of Argus
    • 1x Pit Lord
    • 2x Voidcaller
    • 1x Antique Healbot
    • 2x Sludge Belcher
    • 1x Sylvanas
    • 1x Jaraxxus
    • 1x Mal'Ganis
    • 2x Molten Giant

That said, there was a pirate Rogue that played against me that had it worked out pretty well. By hero powering he was able to get weapons to draw damage of my minions that I didn't want him to get. I imagine the counter would be including some Target Dummies or Shieldbearers, to protect your board without giving your opponent damage through weapon usage.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    seriously, any handlock would wreck this one. it was funny.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

It's all Zoo / Handlock all the time.

I just made a Patron deck just because and beat the Zoo with a OTK.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I wonder how an all-weapons Warrior would fare in this Brawl. Using weapons to clear board has the twin advantage of clearing board and lowering your own health to re-populate board. Although, the hero power would be actively detrimental.